Author Topic: Post UPCOMING/RECENT shoe releases thread  (Read 8697755 times)

GershonSweaty

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -3
    • @_moreinformation avatar image
Re: Post UPCOMING/RECENT shoe releases thread
« Reply #47310 on: January 09, 2023, 08:20:48 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
https://www.instagram.com/reel/CmzosZmDbHe/?igshid=MDJmNzVkMjY=

A closer look at what I believe is Sablone’s pro shoe.
[close]

Looks like a Fastbreak low
[close]

Any one have a screen grab? Big fast break head over here.
[close]

They look more like an erx low with a Jordan 1 toe shape but I'm really looking forward to them
[close]

Looks like a Fastbreak Low with a couple added suede panels. To me the shoe looks too busy and like a dunkalike. Better off just making a Fastbreak Low without the nylon materials.

I heard it was influenced by Chany Jeanguenin’s Cons shoe.

Fartknocker415

• Rep: -45
« Reply #47311 on: January 09, 2023, 08:28:56 AM »
Honestly the weapon they made in like 2014 was so ducking good and fit so well. I got an all blue suede pair at Ross for like 40$.

yourfuckingdad

• Rep: -2
« Reply #47312 on: January 09, 2023, 08:33:36 AM »
Honestly the weapon they made in like 2014 was so ducking good and fit so well. I got an all blue suede pair at Ross for like 40$.

I think these would do well today. Everyone was trying to get a jump on bigger toe-capped cupsoles again but 2014 was still too early.

Atiba Applebum

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 264
« Reply #47313 on: January 09, 2023, 08:36:53 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
https://www.instagram.com/reel/CmzosZmDbHe/?igshid=MDJmNzVkMjY=

A closer look at what I believe is Sablone’s pro shoe.
[close]

Looks like a Fastbreak low
[close]

Any one have a screen grab? Big fast break head over here.
[close]

They look more like an erx low with a Jordan 1 toe shape but I'm really looking forward to them
[close]

Looks like a Fastbreak Low with a couple added suede panels. To me the shoe looks too busy and like a dunkalike. Better off just making a Fastbreak Low without the nylon materials.
[close]

I heard it was influenced by Chany Jeanguenin’s Cons shoe.

Damn, helium is not as in big of supply as it was in the turn of the millennium

TwisT

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1072
« Reply #47314 on: January 09, 2023, 09:18:13 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Oh, I meant Louie's shoes are the start of this wave of pro models. It seems like they go in waves with a few years in between. First, it was Pops and Rune. Then, Trapasso and Kenny Anderson. Now, Louie and Alexis and hopefully Jake.
[close]

Was there a Rune shoe?   I’m curious what that looked like.  I ageee also that Jake likely has the selling power to merit a pro model, but wasn’t he a big weapon skater?   Feels like alexis’ would be similar to what I’d imagine his would be
[close]
Rune actually had maybe 3 shoes which is insane as basically nobody remembers any of them even existing. All of them looked like some slight variation of an existing cons shoe you could get from a department store or something.
[close]

i remember these, i really wanted a pair but back then cons were very hard to find. pretty much a star player mid top, his other shoes were nowhere as nice.
[close]
What I would do to get some old cons like that, the new cons look like shit and have had basically the same models for years, im so over looking at one stars, bring back the star players and pro leather (not the new model they have but the older ones from 2008)

agreed, old cons were cooler. The one star pro's suck. Their current offerings don't do it for me. I loved this era

Mean salto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 856
« Reply #47315 on: January 09, 2023, 09:27:53 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Oh, I meant Louie's shoes are the start of this wave of pro models. It seems like they go in waves with a few years in between. First, it was Pops and Rune. Then, Trapasso and Kenny Anderson. Now, Louie and Alexis and hopefully Jake.
[close]

Was there a Rune shoe?   I’m curious what that looked like.  I ageee also that Jake likely has the selling power to merit a pro model, but wasn’t he a big weapon skater?   Feels like alexis’ would be similar to what I’d imagine his would be
[close]
Rune actually had maybe 3 shoes which is insane as basically nobody remembers any of them even existing. All of them looked like some slight variation of an existing cons shoe you could get from a department store or something.
[close]

i remember these, i really wanted a pair but back then cons were very hard to find. pretty much a star player mid top, his other shoes were nowhere as nice.
[close]
What I would do to get some old cons like that, the new cons look like shit and have had basically the same models for years, im so over looking at one stars, bring back the star players and pro leather (not the new model they have but the older ones from 2008)
[close]

agreed, old cons were cooler. The one star pro's suck. Their current offerings don't do it for me. I loved this era

You gotta find some top views if you want to remember the reality. Unfortunately for me I couldnt wear any cons from this time (or thought I couldn't maybe if I kept some pairs I'd like them now) but I remember them being very narrow while also very long. So you get the right length and they're not wide enough to even get my foot in. Get the right width and their like four sizes too long.

fredgallSOTY

« Reply #47316 on: January 09, 2023, 09:41:00 AM »
Expand Quote
Did the vans mike Carroll reissue ever end up coming out?
[close]

Coming out later this year I think, not sure!

Re: Converse, Jake had that cool beluga colourway of the...Purcells? @doublesteveburger I think you had a pair. They looked great and I'm pretty sure they sold out quick. Based on how well that did, a pro shoe seems like a good idea.

If Converse regularly stocks the red/white/gum and green/white/gum Fastbreak Mids, that's all I could ask for.
There’s still like 3 pairs of those Jakes at my shop

Frank

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1430
  • daddy bought you a pony
« Reply #47317 on: January 09, 2023, 10:15:07 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
[close]

[close]
[close]

[close]
You gotta find some top views if you want to remember the reality. Unfortunately for me I couldnt wear any cons from this time (or thought I couldn't maybe if I kept some pairs I'd like them now) but I remember them being very narrow while also very long. So you get the right length and they're not wide enough to even get my foot in. Get the right width and their like four sizes too long.

first trapasso shoe was one of the best shoes i ever had. pretty wide, perfect amount of padding(kinda thick but the shoe looked rather thin) great fit and excellent boardfeel and grip right out of the box. they held up a good while, too.

Madam, I'm Adam

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1375
« Reply #47318 on: January 09, 2023, 11:42:37 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Did the vans mike Carroll reissue ever end up coming out?
[close]

Coming out later this year I think, not sure!

Re: Converse, Jake had that cool beluga colourway of the...Purcells? @doublesteveburger I think you had a pair. They looked great and I'm pretty sure they sold out quick. Based on how well that did, a pro shoe seems like a good idea.

If Converse regularly stocks the red/white/gum and green/white/gum Fastbreak Mids, that's all I could ask for.
[close]
There’s still like 3 pairs of those Jakes at my shop

Oh no way, I've been looking for a pair. I'll DM you

yourfuckingdad

« Reply #47319 on: January 09, 2023, 01:24:38 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
[close]

[close]
[close]

Cons CTS with the padded tongue are the best vulcs ever made, hands down.

concerned_parent

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 283
« Reply #47320 on: January 10, 2023, 04:34:31 AM »
star player mid was awesome. idk what the heck this material was but it never ripped

pretty sure i had all three of these. the white ones were my favorite shoes for a loooooooong time

good come sausage

dumptruck12

• Rep: -104
« Reply #47321 on: January 10, 2023, 05:23:39 AM »
star player mid was awesome. idk what the heck this material was but it never ripped

pretty sure i had all three of these. the white ones were my favorite shoes for a loooooooong time

This is the best this forum has looked in a long time…Lee Burman, if you’re reading this, bring this shit back! These are the cons we want! Not Sean Pablo cts HI’s

Roy Machine

• Rep: -5
« Reply #47322 on: January 10, 2023, 06:07:43 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]
This is the best this forum has looked in a long time…Lee Burman, if you’re reading this, bring this shit back! These are the cons we want! Not Sean Pablo cts HI’s

No please don't

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #47323 on: January 10, 2023, 07:21:51 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]

No please don't

Yeah these all look like what I imagine scene kids wore back in the day.  I’m seeing a lot of black hair dye and lip piercings worn in conjunction

doublesteveburger

« Reply #47324 on: January 10, 2023, 07:32:21 AM »
the black leather with the gold eyelets CTS were fucking amazing back in the day, think pops had an ad for them doing a backside nose grind through a planter ledge

hell, even the boat shoe molinar beat like a dead mikey taylor was a great skate shoe

Spaced Cadet

• Rep: 113
« Reply #47325 on: January 10, 2023, 07:46:48 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]

No please don't
[close]

Yeah these all look like what I imagine scene kids wore back in the day.  I’m seeing a lot of black hair dye and lip piercings worn in conjunction

That's what fallen was for. Or maybe some mall Osiris/DVS.

yourfuckingdad

« Reply #47326 on: January 10, 2023, 08:14:24 AM »
I had these. Not the best color but were $30 and lasted forever.

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #47327 on: January 10, 2023, 08:26:33 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]

No please don't
[close]

[close]

That's what fallen was for. Or maybe some mall Osiris/DVS.

Maybe elsewhere, but in California it was def cons that looked like these in black with pink accents.

Osiris I equate more with the big bears at the gym who like the high top looking versions

I never really saw that many people wearing DVS after the big vato slipper craze died out, but there were more of a dirt bike ting

Fartknocker415

• Rep: -45
« Reply #47328 on: January 10, 2023, 09:39:39 AM »
Idk where u from bro but I from Cali too and Def scene kids weren't wear skate cons. It was classic chucks all the way for them. With some sharpie drawings on the sole and maybe one neon green/pink lace and definitely beat to shit. Id say the scene kids probably bought more vans authentic / era than cons skate line

Murray Hewitt

• Rep: 56
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #47329 on: January 10, 2023, 03:33:40 PM »
the black leather with the gold eyelets CTS were fucking amazing back in the day, think pops had an ad for them doing a backside nose grind through a planter ledge

hell, even the boat shoe molinar beat like a dead mikey taylor was a great skate shoe

I had this shoe in my senior year of high school. I felt so stylish. Then I skated them, skated great. The perf leather. Gorgeous.

Murray Hewitt

• Rep: 56
« Reply #47330 on: January 10, 2023, 03:36:13 PM »

Also the memory foam tongue worked so well. High density but not too thick. Protected your foot super well.

YeoWhattup

• Rep: 22
« Reply #47331 on: January 10, 2023, 04:44:22 PM »
It’s the tongue for me  :P

Made In China

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 645
« Reply #47332 on: January 11, 2023, 10:02:04 AM »
If we're talking old Cons, the KA Ones are still one of the best shoes I've skated to this day. Perfect thin cupsole. I had two pairs in this colorway:

I probably wouldn't want to rock something with KA's name on it these days but goddamn were these a great shoe.

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #47333 on: January 11, 2023, 10:14:30 AM »
If we're talking old Cons, the KA Ones are still one of the best shoes I've skated to this day. Perfect thin cupsole. I had two pairs in this colorway:

I probably wouldn't want to rock something with KA's name on it these days but goddamn were these a great shoe.

I loved the vulcs and feel the same way about KA.   Had a saved pair in my closet and by god they have a weird shape.   Long, pointy, but bulging in the middle.   Like an anaconda digesting a pig

finecojeffe

• Rep: 129
    • Fine-Co avatar image
« Reply #47334 on: January 11, 2023, 10:14:51 AM »

agreed. I still have 2 pairs, but due to age the rubber is getting a little dried out and the glue is slightly weaker, but they're still comfortable and I'm sure they'd skate real well. Memory foam tongue should come back. I didn't dig the KA2 nearly as much as this one.

swellbowed

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 505
  • ow
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #47335 on: January 11, 2023, 10:19:38 AM »
Dime x Merrell

alraunen

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 244
    • www.davidcampillo.net avatar image
« Reply #47336 on: January 11, 2023, 12:25:35 PM »
Dime x Merrell

Got a pair of Merrell's last year for hiking and they feel like walking on clouds.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2023, 01:24:36 PM by alraunen »

Watson

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2238
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #47337 on: January 11, 2023, 02:01:12 PM »
Those Dime Merrells look like shit but I'm glad I'm not looking at nasty 2009 Cons anymore.

lurker_and_poster

• Rep: 27
« Reply #47338 on: January 11, 2023, 02:10:20 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]
Also the memory foam tongue worked so well. High density but not too thick. Protected your foot super well.

i love the mid brown suede all stars!  Never seen them.
The heel is little lower and more padded then the classic all star, where to buy - still available?
Woud buy immediately!

Lukabrazi

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 152
« Reply #47339 on: January 11, 2023, 02:57:59 PM »
Dime x Merrell

yeah these are amazing. I rock a similar style Merrell boot pretty much everyday during the winter here. But they are more waterproof I assume then these?