Author Topic: Post UPCOMING/RECENT shoe releases thread  (Read 8664787 times)

FROTHY

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 373
Re: Post UPCOMING/RECENT shoe releases thread
« Reply #48060 on: March 22, 2023, 07:58:16 AM »
This is about 1-month old news, but Vans revenue has apparently been falling significantly while other VF corp brands are doing alright. Revenue at Vans fell by 13% and is expected to drop by high-single-digit percentage rate in the year to March 31 2023, compared with the previous forecast of a mid-single-digit reduction. From an "apparel analyst".... "the brand has experienced a steady decline in popularity, unable to keep up with rapidly changing fashion trends and adapt its products to meet consumer demand."

Puddy Smally

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rep: 111
« Reply #48061 on: March 22, 2023, 09:40:04 AM »
This is about 1-month old news, but Vans revenue has apparently been falling significantly while other VF corp brands are doing alright. Revenue at Vans fell by 13% and is expected to drop by high-single-digit percentage rate in the year to March 31 2023, compared with the previous forecast of a mid-single-digit reduction. From an "apparel analyst".... "the brand has experienced a steady decline in popularity, unable to keep up with rapidly changing fashion trends and adapt its products to meet consumer demand."

Sounds about right.
Do you get deja vu, huh?

alraunen

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 240
    • www.davidcampillo.net avatar image
« Reply #48062 on: March 22, 2023, 09:58:57 AM »

DERBY

• Rep: 226
« Reply #48063 on: March 22, 2023, 10:00:51 AM »

Hypnotoad

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 156
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #48064 on: March 22, 2023, 10:27:38 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Sounds about right.

The Vans girls are wearing Doc Martens now.
I’m sure that will continue indefinitely and whatever private equity firm owns Docs has nothing to worry about.

thehogsniper

• Rep: 54
« Reply #48065 on: March 22, 2023, 05:04:09 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

Sounds about right.
[close]

I’m sure that will continue indefinitely and whatever private equity firm owns Docs has nothing to worry about.
Real problem is Vans oversaturated the market and tried to rapidly expand. Pop-cush was a gamechanger and they've kept it solely to their skate series, while Vault has continued to put out a bunch of crappy collections that get clearanced at every retailer. They can't hit hypebeasts because their product doesn't appeal to them anymore, skaters have better options than whatever flagship "skate shoe" Vans trots out every 6 months (like the ave or wayvee), and general consumers have cut back on spending drastically. I went to Footlocker today and I was shocked to see shoes for $9.99, vans for $19.99.

Safariferrari

• Rep: 41
« Reply #48066 on: March 22, 2023, 08:02:38 PM »
https://www.businessoffashion.com/articles/retail/vans-knows-youre-sick-of-their-shoes/?utm_source=pocket_reader&utm_medium=email
"Post-Covid, consumers are just doing a lot more outdoor stuff, and Vans need to address that."

Vans is extremely out of touch if they think that the next burgeoning market for them is in outdoor performance. Why the fuck would anyone choose a vans shoe for hiking over salomon, merrell, hoka or even nike?? Why anyone would choose vans for anything other than their skate shoes and classic models is beyond me.

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1568
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #48067 on: March 22, 2023, 10:19:10 PM »
Pretty much all these brands major customers are not people who partake in the activity….who would buy a pair of vans hiking shoes?  Some random at my gym…..’streamline marketing’ could mean something….

Mean salto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 854
« Reply #48068 on: March 23, 2023, 02:56:55 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

Sounds about right.
[close]

[close]
Real problem is Vans oversaturated the market and tried to rapidly expand. Pop-cush was a gamechanger and they've kept it solely to their skate series, while Vault has continued to put out a bunch of crappy collections that get clearanced at every retailer. They can't hit hypebeasts because their product doesn't appeal to them anymore, skaters have better options than whatever flagship "skate shoe" Vans trots out every 6 months (like the ave or wayvee), and general consumers have cut back on spending drastically. I went to Footlocker today and I was shocked to see shoes for $9.99, vans for $19.99.
Don't know how much if at all it would matter but at least in Aus the opposite is kinda true. Vans for a long time were crazy popular but also cheap (possibly why they were also popular) and in the last couple years the prices have doubled. Nobody is going to spend as much on a pair of vans as they would on a pair of airmax or Jordans etc or even if they are cheaper the idea now that what was an $80 shoe costs anywhere from $120-$190 instantly turns people off.

ChompskyHonk

• Rep: 8
  • flow state in the bruh dimension
« Reply #48069 on: March 23, 2023, 07:43:50 AM »

perhaps this is because they hire designers with less creativity than a monkey on acid. I'm so tired of all the old-skool-but-not-quite they keep pushing out when they have so many more creative designs in their vault. they dropped a limited run of the Salman Agahs last year but if they made more creative stuff like that a more regular part of their catalog I'm sure they would be able to attract more customers

Sammich

• Rep: 2
« Reply #48070 on: March 23, 2023, 09:30:51 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

Sounds about right.
[close]

[close]

Totally agree. Nike ran out of ideas and just keeps doing collabs that are boring af. I see Blazers and every other shoe for cheap compared to retail price. Adidas literally keeps making the same silhouette minus the Forum low adv with is just their version of the dunk. Last Resorts I haven’t tried yet, but I dig them despite only skating cupsoles lately. It seems like most skate shoes aren’t doing anything different or taking chances.

Big Baby Jesus

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 268
    • Suciu avatar image
« Reply #48071 on: March 23, 2023, 11:18:35 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

Sounds about right.
[close]

[close]
[close]

Totally agree. Nike ran out of ideas and just keeps doing collabs that are boring af. I see Blazers and every other shoe for cheap compared to retail price. Adidas literally keeps making the same silhouette minus the Forum low adv with is just their version of the dunk. Last Resorts I haven’t tried yet, but I dig them despite only skating cupsoles lately. It seems like most skate shoes aren’t doing anything different or taking chances.

Oddly, the “core” brands like Lakai will throw out some different designs and they just get shit on.
flat spotted 3 times in 2 weeks, other than that awesome wheels

Baby is gonna be raised by Max and Cyrus

Sammich

• Rep: 2
« Reply #48072 on: March 23, 2023, 11:58:59 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

Sounds about right.
[close]

[close]
[close]

[close]

Oddly, the “core” brands like Lakai will throw out some different designs and they just get shit on.

You aren’t wrong. It ain’t easy beating out companies bringing in revenues in the millions, billions. You got to admire the smaller “core” brands for taking creative swings. 

eSK3

« Reply #48073 on: March 23, 2023, 12:16:04 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

Sounds about right.
[close]

[close]
[close]

[close]

Different doesn’t necessarily mean they’re good 🤣

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 282
« Reply #48074 on: March 23, 2023, 12:19:17 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

Sounds about right.
[close]

[close]
[close]

[close]

[close]

You aren’t wrong. It ain’t easy beating out companies bringing in revenues in the millions, billions. You got to admire the smaller “core” brands for taking creative swings.

Like a Lena Dunham collab or bringing back models that are rip-offs of Nikes (Telford, fade, staple atm)

DCLOVE

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -480
« Reply #48075 on: March 23, 2023, 02:22:48 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
I can’t see how to link it but Hours is Yours literally remade the Supra Cuban.

Why?
[close]

Supra Cuban

HOURS IS YOURS Callio S77

[close]

these are giving huf genuine vibes to me
[close]
Loved the Genuine
The Supra Cuban was probably his design to begin with.
[close]

Herman designed the Cuban while on Emerica??   

Original Cuban styling reeks of Ellington.
[close]
No, Dennis Martin the co- owner - Designer for Hrs. He used to be a designer for Krew/ Supra.

I mean there is an emerica/kr3w/baker(I can’t remember)team ad in which Herman is wearing a sample or custom ridgemont with laces years before the Cuban was a thing.
PINE 2009, 2010, 2011, 2020, PINE STILL MAKIN' MONEY.

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #48076 on: March 23, 2023, 02:48:17 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
New vans x Quasi?

[close]

Damn has anyone successfully taken the stripe off oldskools? I like those denim looking ones.
[close]
SoCal skateshop has the old skools in stock now, but not the Crocketts
[close]
Anyone have a time frame on the Quasi x Crocketts? I want a couple pairs, but I have to resist the temptation of buying more Mike Arnold Adidas. First-world problems.

April 13th

lemonchicken91

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 242
« Reply #48077 on: March 23, 2023, 04:28:49 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

Sounds about right.
[close]

[close]
[close]

[close]

Lakai has fine shoes but their color person is colorblind
no, i live in an efficiency by myself and work in middle management like you, loser

Frank

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1429
  • daddy bought you a pony
« Reply #48078 on: March 23, 2023, 04:48:40 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

Sounds about right.
[close]

[close]
[close]

[close]

[close]

Lakai has fine shoes but their color person is colorblind
just the worst colorways or absolute trolling by ruining fine shoes with neon laces and soles.

TwisT

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1034
« Reply #48079 on: March 23, 2023, 06:46:18 PM »

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #48080 on: March 23, 2023, 06:55:15 PM »
https://www.instagram.com/p/CqJ0oyPJqmn/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

Sheep etnies looking good

Ehh I dunno - feels more Frog wanna be than actual Sheep brand.   Bring back EDs shoe

professor pound cake

• Rep: 3
« Reply #48081 on: March 23, 2023, 08:40:59 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
These, though!

[close]

Came here to post these!! I'm not much of a high top guy but holy moly
[close]

EMERICA TM when are these bad boys getting released?

@emericaTM any eta on these? Updates anybody?

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #48082 on: March 23, 2023, 10:04:09 PM »
Was at the local today when the Vans rep was showing of some shoes.   Not sure how pre-booking works so maybe they’re just samples to test shops interests, so I don’t want to be eXpLiciT with what I saw, but I was interested and I think ROWAN might be TWO

jwdharris

• Rep: -4
    • www.vimeo.com/jwdharris avatar image
« Reply #48083 on: March 24, 2023, 02:18:43 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
These, though!

[close]

[close]

[close]

I check back here regularly to see if there's been any more info on these. I NEED them.

mindfuzz

• Rep: 33
« Reply #48084 on: March 24, 2023, 05:51:27 AM »
Expand Quote
So we can expect to see more cups in the future?  That is awesome.  I love the g6 midsoles, and the outsoles are great.  I am stoked on this news.
[close]

Yep. New figgy G6 dropping in February alongside the OG1 aka MJ1, new team shoe in April, 2 new pro shoes in July, Spanky G6 Mid in October, new team model in February 2024 alongside a new pro model as well. All cuspole. So yes, within the next year and a half we will be introducing 8 new cupsole models.

Expand Quote
ive got a pair of ksl g6s coming in the mail right now. I've been curious about g6 for years but never bit the bullet
[close]
I've always been a vulcanized and slip-on guy for years but lately all I've been wearing is the Slip Cup and it's like walking on clouds. Hope you enjoy them!

roba

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 715
« Reply #48086 on: March 24, 2023, 07:41:25 AM »
Expand Quote

Ehh I dunno - feels more Frog wanna be than actual Sheep brand.   Bring back EDs shoe the merino

if they ever re-released those i might just buy my first sole tech shoes in 8 years
I'm ok with theft. It happens to me all the time.
I steal too

I’m rich and smart

R.I.P Tate

ChompskyHonk

• Rep: 8
  • flow state in the bruh dimension
« Reply #48087 on: March 24, 2023, 07:48:44 AM »
Was at the local today when the Vans rep was showing of some shoes.   Not sure how pre-booking works so maybe they’re just samples to test shops interests, so I don’t want to be eXpLiciT with what I saw, but I was interested and I think ROWAN might be TWO

I remember seeing someone post new XLTs earlier this year, pretty sure they were samples on Rowley's ig story. If those actually drop sometime this year I'd cop for sure, because their attempt to cash in on the fat shoe trend with the new knu skools felt off for me. The proportions are nearly identical to old skools, it's like if they took an old skool and crammed more padding in the tongue and achilles without make anything wider.

professor pound cake

• Rep: 3
« Reply #48088 on: March 24, 2023, 08:45:45 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
These, though!

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

I check back here regularly to see if there's been any more info on these. I NEED them.

same here dude, i cant stop thinking about these since seeing that pic. hopefully soon as ive been looking for more suede high tops that are simple like these

HaveFunSkateboarding

• Rep: 20
« Reply #48089 on: March 24, 2023, 09:21:31 AM »
https://www.instagram.com/p/CqJ0oyPJqmn/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

Sheep etnies looking good

I wish they didn’t have that horrendous gigantic E on the side. To me, that might be one of the ugliest logos on a shoe ever. I’m in agreement with the other poster here, they should just remake the original sheep shoe.