Author Topic: Post UPCOMING/RECENT shoe releases thread  (Read 8663710 times)

theloniousmonk and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

Sila

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 318
  • Jamu Gost
Re: Post UPCOMING/RECENT shoe releases thread
« Reply #48900 on: May 21, 2023, 01:06:19 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
anyone gonna try the cons x alltimers fastbreaks?
[close]

I got them and sent them back straight away. Weird fit, a bit narrow or snug. They look good but materials feel very average. They felt very prone to ankle rolls too.
[close]

Were they that different from regular ones?

I never tried them previously but compared to my 440's I've been wearing casually they felt really cheap and soft. But I don't like the "already broken in" feeling in new shoes.

Big Baby Jesus

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 268
    • Suciu avatar image
« Reply #48901 on: May 21, 2023, 04:22:58 AM »
Keep not buying fastbreaks. I’ll snap them up for you.
flat spotted 3 times in 2 weeks, other than that awesome wheels

Baby is gonna be raised by Max and Cyrus

Manolo

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 467
« Reply #48902 on: May 22, 2023, 03:56:45 AM »
Expand Quote
https://www.instagram.com/p/CsUV5tAyG8q/?hl=en
These guys seems to do everything wrong beside making shoes reissues.
[close]

What’s the issue?   The guy remodels are an amazing shoe.  I will stand behind them for nailing that
Yes that's what i'm saying. They're making the best reissues out there. Perfectly slimmed down and apparently good quality materials as well.
When i say everything wrong i'm talking about the brand management/distribution.

plasticsurgerydisasters

• Rep: -2
« Reply #48903 on: May 22, 2023, 06:51:31 AM »
anyone gonna try the cons x alltimers fastbreaks?
My local shop got promo’d some pairs so I got to try them out and I liked them a lot. A bit more durable than the regular fastbreaks but in general I feel like it’s not the longest lasting shoe but it’s one of my favorites to skate. I got a pair of the alexis shoe as well and they feel really good too, the sole is a bit stiffer than the fastbreaks.

concerned_parent

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 281
« Reply #48904 on: May 22, 2023, 07:33:38 AM »
Expand Quote
Sample Vans AA's seen on depop, hopefully these get dropped soon.
[close]

Gotta ban these flow kids from depop.

vans please stop with the black outsoles
thanks
good come sausage

DCLOVE

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -479
« Reply #48905 on: May 23, 2023, 05:29:35 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

What’s the issue?   The guy remodels are an amazing shoe.  I will stand behind them for nailing that
[close]
Yes that's what i'm saying. They're making the best reissues out there. Perfectly slimmed down and apparently good quality materials as well.
When i say everything wrong i'm talking about the brand management/distribution.

I’ll give ‘em that. Idk anything about the quality cause I haven’t even seen reviews from anyone and it seems everyone they were originally giving shoes too already moved on. But the shoes themselves look faithful to originals. Who knows about quality but they really don’t look terrible .
PINE 2009, 2010, 2011, 2020, PINE STILL MAKIN' MONEY.

Atiba Applebum

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
« Reply #48906 on: May 23, 2023, 08:15:16 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
[close]

I’ll give ‘em that. Idk anything about the quality cause I haven’t even seen reviews from anyone and it seems everyone they were originally giving shoes too already moved on. But the shoes themselves look faithful to originals. Who knows about quality but they really don’t look terrible .

Honestly I would rate the guy Mariano’s very high as a cup sole.  Maybe my most comfy shoe w/o being bulky

eSK3

« Reply #48907 on: May 24, 2023, 02:49:00 AM »
^I bought into Axion 3.0 last summer. Grabbed the Mariano in my size…no one mentioned ever that they fit a whole size down pretty much. Couldn’t skate em or wear them casually and couldn’t give them away either. Tried numerous times and heads weren’t feeling them at all. They sat in the trunk for almost 6 months till someone finally claimed them. I’m hesitant about buying another pair but the brown Kareem’s with the red guts have been calling my name for 20+ years.

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #48908 on: May 24, 2023, 01:16:05 PM »
^I bought into Axion 3.0 last summer. Grabbed the Mariano in my size…no one mentioned ever that they fit a whole size down pretty much. Couldn’t skate em or wear them casually and couldn’t give them away either. Tried numerous times and heads weren’t feeling them at all. They sat in the trunk for almost 6 months till someone finally claimed them. I’m hesitant about buying another pair but the brown Kareem’s with the red guts have been calling my name for 20+ years.

Hmm they’re TTS for me

BoxStuffer

• Rep: 110
« Reply #48909 on: May 24, 2023, 03:27:05 PM »
Enjoy your life.

swellbowed

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 462
  • ow
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.

Watson

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2197
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #48911 on: May 25, 2023, 12:43:53 PM »
French fashion company Kenzo under head designer Nigo from BAPE is doing a $325 US Jason Lee.

Bummer they're so expensive. Also bummer that an expensive fashion house is making a better shoe than all the skate brands.

https://www.endclothing.com/row/features/introducing-kenzo-dome-register-now-on-end-launches
« Last Edit: May 25, 2023, 02:43:36 PM by Watson »

iw0

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 500
« Reply #48912 on: May 25, 2023, 12:57:14 PM »
making a better shoe than all the skate brands.

is it really though?

Kook Me Amadeus

« Reply #48913 on: May 25, 2023, 01:04:40 PM »
French fashion company Kenzo under head designer Nigo from BAPE is doing a $325 US Jason Lee.

Bummer they're so expensive. Also bummer that an expensive fashion house and making a better shoe than all the skate brands.

https://www.endclothing.com/row/features/introducing-kenzo-dome-register-now-on-end-launches

Now that’s a shoe!
Maybe there’ll be some sale pairs on Mr Porter or something like that at some point  ;D

Watson

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2197
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #48914 on: May 25, 2023, 01:08:47 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

is it really though?

Absoloutely yes.

eSK3

« Reply #48915 on: May 25, 2023, 01:36:58 PM »
I was waiting for someone to post those un Jason Lee shoes . Here comes the flood of complaints…mainly the price. Y’all broke and tired. Go home. Save money, come back when you can hang.

Kook Me Amadeus

« Reply #48916 on: May 25, 2023, 01:43:37 PM »
I was waiting for someone to post those un Jason Lee shoes . Here comes the flood of complaints…mainly the price. Y’all broke and tired. Go home. Save money, come back when you can hang.

You should’ve just posted them.

BoxStuffer

• Rep: 110
« Reply #48917 on: May 25, 2023, 02:39:42 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

is it really though?
[close]

Absoloutely yes.

Expand Quote
[close]

You should’ve just posted them.

I like them.
I would not pay $325 for them, but I'm cheap.

I would think the quality is good but have no idea. 

Enjoy your life.

Made In China

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 646
« Reply #48918 on: May 25, 2023, 03:18:35 PM »
I would not buy those even if they were made by a skate company and reasonably priced. They don't look that great to me. A little too puffy and shapeless in the wrong areas imo. Sorry guys.

Mbrimson88

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 973
  • Just another skate shop guy
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #48919 on: May 25, 2023, 04:04:05 PM »

Bummer they're so expensive. Also bummer that an expensive fashion house is making a better shoe than all the skate brands.

I absolutely had to do a double take then.

Looks like it in almost every way from the top view, even down to the colours used.

I wonder if the sole had the two stripey lines through it as well...
I talk too much about skateboards.  Sorry.

Sk8 Prick

• Rep: -6
« Reply #48920 on: May 25, 2023, 05:01:06 PM »

eSK3

« Reply #48921 on: May 25, 2023, 05:27:54 PM »

You know I was too quick on the trigger here. I retract my statement. The shoes do suck. The price is not justified. The brand doing it is wack and boring.

iw0

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 500
« Reply #48922 on: May 25, 2023, 06:02:53 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

is it really though?
[close]

Absoloutely yes.

pff nah

Puddy Smally

• Rep: 111
« Reply #48923 on: May 25, 2023, 06:28:04 PM »
I’d rock those Kenzo shoes if not for the price.

They really aren’t that terrible a design company. Not sure about recently, but they used to put out some nice  polos.

About Axion, I purchased a few pairs when they were hugely marked down, and they really aren’t bad shoes at all. They just massively suck at marketing, and can’t seem to figure anything out beyond production.
Do you get deja vu, huh?

DCLOVE

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -479
« Reply #48924 on: May 25, 2023, 10:19:49 PM »
Expand Quote

Bummer they're so expensive. Also bummer that an expensive fashion house and making a better shoe than all the skate brands.

[close]

Now that’s a shoe!
Maybe there’ll be some sale pairs on Mr Porter or something like that at some point  ;D

Depending how it sells end does some deep discounts on stuff if you watch for it. Was looking for another pair of those tisch tennis skatan did a few years back the other day and while sold out now the last prices had been heavily discounted according to my little sale plug in. If you see this skatan sell me more pairs!

It’s funny they sell these for 325. I’m pretty sure airwalk used to sell a slightly modified version of J Lees in the mid 2000s for like $25 at big 5. Be interesting to see if that airwalk revamp with Tony rumor is true if they’d come after Nigo for This. Or is shoe design law pretty lax ?
PINE 2009, 2010, 2011, 2020, PINE STILL MAKIN' MONEY.

Mean salto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 854
« Reply #48925 on: May 25, 2023, 11:32:22 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

Now that’s a shoe!
[close]

Depending how it sells end does some deep discounts on stuff if you watch for it. Was looking for another pair of those tisch tennis skatan did a few years back the other day and while sold out now the last prices had been heavily discounted according to my little sale plug in. If you see this skatan sell me more pairs!

It’s funny they sell these for 325. I’m pretty sure airwalk used to sell a slightly modified version of J Lees in the mid 2000s for like $25 at big 5. Be interesting to see if that airwalk revamp with Tony rumor is true if they’d come after Nigo for This. Or is shoe design law pretty lax ?
I think the rule is you can't own a general design only the tech shit (air bubbles, cushion etc) or if it's a specific new way the shoes are actually made. I think it also only lasts 10 years or something which is why the first pro shoe with an air bubble (es Koston) came out ten years after the Nike air Max. (There may have even been a thing where the first releases didn't have the bubble because they had to wait)

Mbrimson88

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 973
  • Just another skate shop guy
« Reply #48926 on: May 26, 2023, 12:13:01 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

Now that’s a shoe!
[close]

[close]
I think the rule is you can't own a general design only the tech shit (air bubbles, cushion etc) or if it's a specific new way the shoes are actually made. I think it also only lasts 10 years or something which is why the first pro shoe with an air bubble (es Koston) came out ten years after the Nike air Max. (There may have even been a thing where the first releases didn't have the bubble because they had to wait)

Guessing because it is a very simple style of casual shoe, there wouldn't be a whole lot anyone could do about it, given how out of the market Airwalk is right now, or at least has been in recent years, compared to when they were huge and protected their designs very fiercely.

The shoe is so very similar in all aspects, heel area and sole slightly different, but as I said, I had to do a double take on it when I first saw it.  Not dissimilar to the DC Way 1 or the Duffs shoes I also had back in the day.

Not sure if this is still current, but have a look at all the J Lee shoes here:

https://www.wgastore.com/?category_id=6532346

« Last Edit: May 26, 2023, 12:19:53 AM by Mbrimson88 »
I talk too much about skateboards.  Sorry.

suhdude

• Rep: 10

GBLange

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 274
« Reply #48928 on: May 26, 2023, 04:00:43 AM »
Expand Quote
Saw these on the slappy god's (abe bethal) instagram story. He just recently opened a shop so im assuming they are going to carry them. I dont have any info on them but figured someone else might....Anybody know anything about Opus or what it is all about? Shoes dont look too bad from the picture. I wonder who is behind this company. No posts on their page yet
[close]

Dennys Han, Former Senior Footwear Designer at HUF. Former Senior Footwear Designer at Sole Technology.

Murge

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 427
« Reply #48929 on: May 26, 2023, 04:24:21 AM »
Those opus shoes look good. To be the mud and low especially