Author Topic: Hero shot in front of his daughter for defending skateboarders  (Read 146948 times)

Sleazy

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 255
  • tiger style
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Re: Hero shot in front of his daughter for defending skateboarders
« Reply #90 on: September 29, 2010, 12:29:23 PM »
just because i don't see this issue as black and white doesn't mean i'm defending the shooter. both guys were extremely reckless in my opinion and that combined with the open carry law is what caused what should have been a fist fight to be a fatal shooting of a father in front of his kid.

in that same position i'd still be alive because i'd never challenge a guy who flashed a gun at me to pull it out and use it, especially with my kid with me. i mean seriously, who does something like that? what if the kid got shot, would the dad not have some responsibility for challenging a guy who is walking away to pull out his gun? why not just let the guy walk off?

clearly the guy deserves to go to jail but i feel the father not only could have avoided this but also was partial responsible for escalating things after he knew there was a gun at play.

Beeda Weeda

« Reply #91 on: September 29, 2010, 12:52:14 PM »
I dont know the whole story, but I deffinatly think the guy who consiously had a gun on him wen he crossed his street to go confront 13 year olds about skateboarding on a basketbqll cour is to blame. If he didn't bring his gun, the worst thing that could ahve happend is military dude would have pinned him to the ground infront of those kids and they'd all lol at the bus drivers expense.

Do you think if the guy wasn't in the military for all those years he would have challenged the dude? Perhaps its like an instinct to him now.

Sleazy

• SLAP Pal
  • tiger style
« Reply #92 on: September 30, 2010, 05:28:07 AM »
that's what i was thinking. i assume the guy was so desensitized to guns that he was more pissed than affraid that this guy challenged him that way and could probably tell the guy didn't have the balls to use it and i'd assume that's why he punked him when he was walking away.

and i agree in a non-legal sense that this guy bringing out a gun was the root cause that lead to all this but under the concealled gun law we give every citizen the right to be armed in this way so he was fully with in his rights and i'd assume the NRP nuts would argue that this is the exact type of situation that you have a gun for. all the guys i know who have permits carry all the time and thats the problem with that law is that it brings guns into normal confrontations that happen everyday. the percentage of people who would only pull out their guns when their life is truely threatened and not just when they might get their ass kicked is pretty small. you basically have people killing others to avoid getting their ass whipped or just because they loose their temper and have a gun with them. it's a regular law that causes these kinds of tragedys.

Beeda Weeda

« Reply #93 on: September 30, 2010, 06:47:00 AM »
America trips me out, I like Americans,but somtimes the country scares me.

Wizard Fuck

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 23
« Reply #94 on: September 30, 2010, 08:36:51 AM »

You are an idiot. Like I said, people don't save their family with guns in their house, they kill them. Its statistically proven.

Can you show this?
The answer is Dutch Masters, you fat fucking catastrophe.

Sleazy

• SLAP Pal
  • tiger style
« Reply #95 on: September 30, 2010, 09:29:12 AM »
^^^^

Since 1962, more than one million Americans have died in firearm homicides, suicides, and unintentional shootings. Handguns were used in more than 650,000 of these fatal shootings.7

In 1997�the most recent year available�there were 89 firearm deaths per day, or a firearm death every 16 minutes.8

In homes with guns, a member of the household is almost three times as likely to be the victim of a homicide compared to gun-free homes.9

http://www.vpc.org/fact_sht/hgbanfs.htm

Livin The Psychedelic Lif

« Reply #96 on: September 30, 2010, 01:13:19 PM »
clearly the guy deserves to go to jail but i feel the father not only could have avoided this but also was partial responsible for escalating things after he knew there was a gun at play.

This is very true, but at the same time; what was the point of bringing a gun in the first place?
Obviously this guy had a motive, and acted out of rage and stupidity.

For a moment lets just say that the father wasn't shot, and him and his kid left the area.
Is it alright for Dooley to whip out a gun next time someone is skateboarding?
Doesn't make any sense to do that.

Sleazy

• SLAP Pal
  • tiger style
« Reply #97 on: September 30, 2010, 01:42:42 PM »
i think it's horrible that we have laws that allow this.

magicstickyhand

• Rep: 1
« Reply #98 on: September 30, 2010, 04:08:10 PM »
Fucking People.
i think i was,anyways