Author Topic: Pokemon Games  (Read 20944 times)

thugnificent

Re: Pokemon Games
« Reply #120 on: February 05, 2012, 08:30:34 PM »
yo, recognize this. all you need is a motherufkin snorlax and a god damn geodude paired with a poryon to run train on the galaxy

landCow

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 91
« Reply #121 on: February 06, 2012, 04:17:30 AM »
yo, recognize this. all you need is a motherufkin snorlax and a god damn geodude paired with a poryon to run train on the galaxy

fucking snorlax! always blocking my path

Blue Fescue

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 303
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #122 on: February 17, 2012, 11:34:16 PM »
After crushing the elite four and champion many times I have successfully made my way to Mt. Silver and reduced Red to nothing, vaporising him.  A good end to my quest.

Is there another one I can get for Gameboy Advanced?

pizzafliptofakie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1962

Stoop Kid

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -72
  • Fuck hipsters.
« Reply #124 on: March 16, 2012, 08:17:32 AM »
After crushing the elite four and champion many times I have successfully made my way to Mt. Silver and reduced Red to nothing, vaporising him.  A good end to my quest.

Is there another one I can get for Gameboy Advanced?

Ruby, Sapphire, or Emerald.

El Barto

• Rep: -3
« Reply #125 on: July 08, 2012, 08:53:06 PM »
got red for my og gameboy not color, straight gameboy, dream teams doing good so far, charizard, lapras, pidgeot, cleffary, mew (i used the video here, felt like cheating but i dont care) and hitmonlee, need to find a pickachu! keep getting murder by water type

ivegotlevitation

« Reply #126 on: July 08, 2012, 09:46:26 PM »
got red for my og gameboy not color, straight gameboy, dream teams doing good so far, charizard, lapras, pidgeot, cleffary, mew (i used the video here, felt like cheating but i dont care) and hitmonlee, need to find a pickachu! keep getting murder by water type

fuck pikachu, just catch zapdos at the power plant

pizzafliptofakie

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #127 on: July 08, 2012, 09:52:15 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Or get an Eevee from the building in Celedon City and evolve it into a Jolteon.

ivegotlevitation

« Reply #128 on: July 09, 2012, 07:05:54 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

that's a little easier because you can just buy the thunder stone at the mart in Celadon. as best I remember, Pikachu is pretty hard to find in Red and Blue, but if you clone master balls you could easily get Zapdos and a bunch of other hard ones to catch.

El Barto

« Reply #129 on: July 09, 2012, 07:55:43 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

that's a little easier because you can just buy the thunder stone at the mart in Celadon. as best I remember, Pikachu is pretty hard to find in Red and Blue, but if you clone master balls you could easily get Zapdos and a bunch of other hard ones to catch.

i already turned evee into vaoreon because at the time i didn't remember that you get lapras when you get the masterball, but just got this guy and left out hitmonlee, a little lost right now, im at cinnibar island and im inside that building at the top left with a bunch of fire types and i can't fugure out how to get through with all the switches

ivegotlevitation

« Reply #130 on: July 09, 2012, 05:33:26 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

i already turned evee into vaoreon because at the time i didn't remember that you get lapras when you get the masterball, but just got this guy and left out hitmonlee, a little lost right now, im at cinnibar island and im inside that building at the top left with a bunch of fire types and i can't fugure out how to get through with all the switches

that building is such a pain in the ass. I know how to get through it, but I'm not entirely sure how to accurately describe how to do it.

El Barto

« Reply #131 on: July 10, 2012, 06:07:51 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

that building is such a pain in the ass. I know how to get through it, but I'm not entirely sure how to accurately describe how to do it.
its alright i actually made great prodgres since osting i beat the elite four and all that left to do its catch mewtwo and moltres, but i'de also really like a dragonair, just because, hopefully gonna get silver after this

ivegotlevitation

« Reply #132 on: July 12, 2012, 08:27:47 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]
its alright i actually made great prodgres since osting i beat the elite four and all that left to do its catch mewtwo and moltres, but i'de also really like a dragonair, just because, hopefully gonna get silver after this

Don't know where to catch Dragonair, but if you fish in the Safari Zone you can catch Dratini sometimes. Do that and evolve it.

El Barto

« Reply #133 on: July 14, 2012, 07:41:01 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]
[close]

Don't know where to catch Dragonair, but if you fish in the Safari Zone you can catch Dratini sometimes. Do that and evolve it.
just got dratini, you can also get dragonair in the safari zone but i didnt feel like trying to find it

Omamori

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -128
« Reply #134 on: November 02, 2012, 01:12:21 PM »
I haven't played a pokemon games since red. I'm thinking about getting black 2. I've been looking at the available pokemon and some are only available through trade and Poke transfer.

So trade is trading with an actual person or a character in the game? What is poke transfer?

Urtripping

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 532
« Reply #135 on: December 25, 2021, 07:39:15 PM »
I would really, really like to get my hands on a copy of Pokémon fire red or emerald. Also, if anyone has a Nintendo ds laying around that they'd like to send to a nice home... lmk.
I saw your mommy and your mommy's dead

Shalom Peterson

• Rep: 21
« Reply #136 on: December 28, 2021, 10:38:41 PM »
If anybody wants some gen 1 or 2 shinys, I know a way to glitch them and I'll be able to send them easily by the masses if you have Home on your Switch.

coldbrew

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 399
« Reply #137 on: January 04, 2022, 09:05:38 AM »
I would really, really like to get my hands on a copy of Pokémon fire red or emerald. Also, if anyone has a Nintendo ds laying around that they'd like to send to a nice home... lmk.

@Urtripping I can take a look but I'm pretty sure I have an old 3DS around with a cracked screen. Still works great just needs to have the top screen replaced. My girl got me a limited pokeball looking 3DS one very soon after the old one cracked so I just never got around to fixing the screen.

Urtripping

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 532
« Reply #138 on: January 05, 2022, 07:58:01 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

@Urtripping I can take a look but I'm pretty sure I have an old 3DS around with a cracked screen. Still works great just needs to have the top screen replaced. My girl got me a limited pokeball looking 3DS one very soon after the old one cracked so I just never got around to fixing the screen.

My guy, you'd be doing me a major favor if I could get that off ya. I honestly just want to revisit what I had goin on years ago and maybe dick around on weekends doing nuzlockes and such. I'll pm ya!
I saw your mommy and your mommy's dead

rawbertson.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 646
  • yo yo, yo yo yo yo
    • my youtube avatar image
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #139 on: January 05, 2022, 11:55:18 AM »
just got pokemon Crystal on GBA
having fun with the remakes on switch
anyone have links on DS pokemon roms plz dm!
ONTARIO CANADA

catandmice

• Rep: -14
« Reply #140 on: January 19, 2022, 06:10:08 AM »
9 more days till Pokemon Arceus.  :-*

pizzafliptofakie

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #141 on: January 19, 2022, 06:28:46 AM »
9 more days till Pokemon Arceus.  :-*

I was pretty excited about the premise of this game, but I watched that extended gameplay video they just put out and it looked...kinda boring? I'll wait until it comes out and we get some actual reviews but my expectations are sorta tempered for now. There's very thin ice for open world games to either be amazing or really bad and I hope my concerns are wrong.

I have been playing the Diamond remake and enjoying it though.

rawbertson.

• SLAP Pal
  • yo yo, yo yo yo yo
« Reply #142 on: January 20, 2022, 08:04:54 AM »
@pizzafliptofakie i need help fininshing the dex i could trade you exclusives sometime if you are down

yeah arceus lokos wahtever. im getting it but i am just gonna fly through it. i really want to play HADES and then Triangle Strategy so i will probably take a break from pokemon soon
ONTARIO CANADA

pizzafliptofakie

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #143 on: January 22, 2022, 04:37:01 PM »
@pizzafliptofakie i need help fininshing the dex i could trade you exclusives sometime if you are down

yeah arceus lokos wahtever. im getting it but i am just gonna fly through it. i really want to play HADES and then Triangle Strategy so i will probably take a break from pokemon soon

nice, I'll get back to ya about that cuz I might need the same!

rawbertson.

• SLAP Pal
  • yo yo, yo yo yo yo
« Reply #144 on: January 24, 2022, 07:52:53 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

nice, I'll get back to ya about that cuz I might need the same!
just hit me up on discord / insta. i usually am online
ONTARIO CANADA

pizzafliptofakie

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #145 on: January 30, 2022, 05:51:25 AM »
So did anyone get Legends Of Arceus?

I’m hearing it’s really fun but I’ve tried watching a bunch of gameplay videos and even tuning into livestreams of it and it’s almost always just someone in an empty field catching a Bidoof or something.

mynameisnotjeff

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 578
« Reply #146 on: January 31, 2022, 06:37:49 AM »
So did anyone get Legends Of Arceus?

I’m hearing it’s really fun but I’ve tried watching a bunch of gameplay videos and even tuning into livestreams of it and it’s almost always just someone in an empty field catching a Bidoof or something.

It’s like that at the start. The tutorials feel long and catch you out of nowhere. I’m not the most video game savvy person but, my friend said it was like breadth of the wild where you can beat the story but there’s so much to do. I picked it up this weekend thinking I’d give it an hour or two and by the time I know it it’s 4 am. It’s so easy to get hooked on it or carried away getting materials and making items or looking for specific Pokémon. I’ve enjoyed it. Kinda like sword and shield Pokémon will chase you in the wild… but they can and will harm you.
Nothing I do deserves more than an iphone camera.

coldbrew

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 399
« Reply #147 on: January 31, 2022, 06:38:58 AM »
I'm roughly 18-20 hours into the game after this weekend and honestly this is the most fun I've had in a Pokemon game in my adult life and probably in general (minus the obvious first time I played through gen 1 as a little kid). The noble battles and wild area battles get pretty hectic, the shiny hunting and overall odds are great due to overworld spawns and the story is better than your average Pokemon game.

Overall I would absolutely recommend it.

pile

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 177
  • sweet, man.
« Reply #148 on: February 02, 2022, 10:16:42 AM »
I'm roughly 18-20 hours into the game after this weekend and honestly this is the most fun I've had in a Pokemon game in my adult life and probably in general (minus the obvious first time I played through gen 1 as a little kid). The noble battles and wild area battles get pretty hectic, the shiny hunting and overall odds are great due to overworld spawns and the story is better than your average Pokemon game.

Overall I would absolutely recommend it.

I'm with you on this one coldbrew. I enjoy all Pokemon games, but this one in particular is a lot different and easier to get lost for hours in, it's so much fun.

I find myself constantly straying from the main story line to focus on the mini side missions, stacking items and levelling up my team as some of the battles are actually quite hard.

can't say I've focused too much on shiny hunting yet, but I am for sure going to once I fill out the dex a bit more.

MFS

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -65427
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #149 on: February 02, 2022, 11:13:27 PM »
Thirds on this! Ive played every pokemon game since red and blue and its super refreshing to play Arceus and switch things up. Even though i feel like im catching pokemon in the Fallout wastelands most of the time lol