Author Topic: Pokemon Games  (Read 21040 times)

rawbertson.

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 651
  • yo yo, yo yo yo yo
    • my youtube avatar image
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
Re: Pokemon Games
« Reply #150 on: February 16, 2022, 12:05:40 PM »
feeling it so far for sure
i am sad to say goodbye to sword/shield but it will always be there
hope you all get lots of shiny.. this game seems to be amazing for shiny hunting
ONTARIO CANADA

pizzafliptofakie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1962
« Reply #151 on: February 22, 2022, 06:07:47 AM »
Finally picked up Legends Arceus over the weekend and I'm glad to eat some of my words earlier. The beginning felt slow but otherwise I'm having a lot of fun.

notinternetfamous

• Rep: 300
  • Watch PURGATORY - the Sproul video
« Reply #152 on: February 23, 2022, 07:28:12 AM »
Just got Pokemon Legends: Arceus in the mail yesterday! Excited to play it on my upcoming flight since I haven't played Pokemon in years. Last few that I played were Emerald, Soul Silver and Fire Red lol

h00man

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 123
« Reply #153 on: February 27, 2022, 12:00:05 PM »
Gen 9 has arrived (I'm a PAL and a can't post youtube videos...smh)
she can ride dick ham ham no joke ham

coldbrew

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 399
« Reply #154 on: February 28, 2022, 12:22:29 PM »
Super stoked to hear some of you picked up and are enjoying Arceus. Excited about the free DLC aspect of it and the fact we're getting more side quests to do while I shiny hunt and finish my dex (as of right now I'm at about 220 so only 22 left to go?)

In regards to Gen 9, super hyped about a true open world aspect, none of the starters really jumped out to me but it already looks so much than Sw/Sh did.

Finally, as a Pokemon go addict who still plays daily in my in between normal day to day life, very excited to get the Alola region announcement as Sun & Moon was one of the games that really got me back into Pokemon after the standard high school/college break of partying and going to school.

Long story short, very excited about the future of the franchise.

rawbertson.

• SLAP Pal
  • yo yo, yo yo yo yo
« Reply #155 on: March 08, 2022, 07:40:33 AM »
cant believe we are getting so much content and it seems like its all good too. this is a great time to be a pokemon trainer  8)

i beat arceus, honestly i like sword shield better haha but arceus is still really really good!!!
ONTARIO CANADA

coldbrew

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #156 on: March 20, 2022, 10:13:00 AM »
Another one in the books.

rawbertson.

• SLAP Pal
  • yo yo, yo yo yo yo
« Reply #157 on: March 21, 2022, 12:43:01 PM »
godliek bro
i have been too busy with triangle strategy
will come back to this game though
ONTARIO CANADA

brucewillis

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 32
  • Die Hard. www.casualskateshop.com.br
« Reply #158 on: April 12, 2022, 11:30:42 AM »
Rate my Pokémon Sword final team
Cinderace
Noivern
Pangoro
Gyarados
Rhyperior
Toxtricity

coldbrew

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #159 on: April 12, 2022, 12:01:33 PM »
nice man! a little bit of an ice weakness but you got some good coverage w/ cinderace. you beat the game w/ that team or are you going into the final battles?

brucewillis

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #160 on: April 13, 2022, 10:24:59 AM »
nice man! a little bit of an ice weakness but you got some good coverage w/ cinderace. you beat the game w/ that team or are you going into the final battles?
Final battles, i think it's a pretty badass team, Pangoro also makes up for the ice weakness, and my move sets are pretty well rounded. I'd like to know your team too!

coldbrew

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #161 on: April 13, 2022, 10:41:58 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
Final battles, i think it's a pretty badass team, Pangoro also makes up for the ice weakness, and my move sets are pretty well rounded. I'd like to know your team too!

oh shit that's right, for some reason I always forget Pangoro isn't just dark typing. I also have never used it in a play through so maybe I should. Dark/Fighting is a rad combo.

I think my team was something along the lines of Grimsnarl, centiskorch, leafeon, tyranitar, intelleon and maybe excadrill? it's been forever since I played and you can't go back and check your hall of fame team like you can in other games.

brucewillis

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #162 on: April 13, 2022, 12:00:58 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

oh shit that's right, for some reason I always forget Pangoro isn't just dark typing. I also have never used it in a play through so maybe I should. Dark/Fighting is a rad combo.

I think my team was something along the lines of Grimsnarl, centiskorch, leafeon, tyranitar, intelleon and maybe excadrill? it's been forever since I played and you can't go back and check your hall of fame team like you can in other games.
That's a rad and pretty regional team. The fighting combo is indeed pretty nice, pangoro's movepool is pretty covered. I had dragon claw, hammer arm, swords dance and crunch

coldbrew

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #163 on: April 13, 2022, 03:17:44 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

[close]
That's a rad and pretty regional team. The fighting combo is indeed pretty nice, pangoro's movepool is pretty covered. I had dragon claw, hammer arm, swords dance and crunch

Damn it gets dragon claw?! That’s a hell of a moveset if you can set up the swords dance. You’re making me want to give it another play through. It’s been a while.

brucewillis

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #164 on: April 14, 2022, 03:52:42 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

[close]
[close]

Damn it gets dragon claw?! That’s a hell of a moveset if you can set up the swords dance. You’re making me want to give it another play through. It’s been a while.
You can learn by TR, Pangoro is low key pretty broken

brucewillis

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #165 on: April 18, 2022, 11:12:46 AM »
Just started playing Pokemon X. Which Pokémon should i consider catching for my team?

notmikerusczyk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 280
« Reply #166 on: April 18, 2022, 03:48:40 PM »
Just started playing Pokemon X. Which Pokémon should i consider catching for my team?
you can get an axew early on, like right after the first gym

brucewillis

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #167 on: April 19, 2022, 04:04:19 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
Haxorus is pretty badass

rawbertson.

• SLAP Pal
  • yo yo, yo yo yo yo
« Reply #168 on: April 19, 2022, 07:51:10 AM »
i want to go back and beat the battle tower. i beat the first boss after the 20 streak or whatever, it was actually pretty hard, took me a bunch of tries. i think i used Blissey, Roselia, and Azumaril to beat it.
ONTARIO CANADA

coldbrew

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #169 on: April 19, 2022, 09:38:50 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]
Haxorus is pretty badass

you can snag a fletchling & riolu fairly early as well. love me some talonflame & lucario.

brucewillis

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #170 on: April 19, 2022, 11:29:02 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]
Haxorus is pretty badass
[close]

you can snag a fletchling & riolu fairly early as well. love me some talonflame & lucario.
I always make sure to catch the regional Bird, i also just got my bulbasaur from the professor, so my current team is Frogadier, Fletchinder and Bulbasaur to counter fairy types. Never had a Lucario, and i always make sure to have a fighting type so...

coldbrew

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #171 on: April 19, 2022, 11:45:30 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]
Haxorus is pretty badass
[close]

[close]
I always make sure to catch the regional Bird, i also just got my bulbasaur from the professor, so my current team is Frogadier, Fletchinder and Bulbasaur to counter fairy types. Never had a Lucario, and i always make sure to have a fighting type so...

Pretty solid team so far. Riolu for fighting and steel and axew for dragon. You can grab an eevee before the second gym to get espeon or umbreon for coverage too.

brucewillis

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #172 on: April 19, 2022, 11:48:41 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]
Haxorus is pretty badass
[close]

[close]
[close]

Pretty solid team so far. Riolu for fighting and steel and axew for dragon. You can grab an eevee before the second gym to get espeon or umbreon for coverage too.
I'll go after Sylveon actually, Greninja covers my Dark necessities

coldbrew

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #173 on: April 19, 2022, 02:34:38 PM »
Just finished a nuzlocke of brilliant diamond. Lost to flint in the elite 4 and don’t feel like training up a whole new team so I’m calling it a wrap. Discouraging but it was a super fun challenge.

brucewillis

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #174 on: April 20, 2022, 06:45:29 AM »
Just finished a nuzlocke of brilliant diamond. Lost to flint in the elite 4 and don’t feel like training up a whole new team so I’m calling it a wrap. Discouraging but it was a super fun challenge.
What was the team?

coldbrew

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #175 on: April 20, 2022, 07:53:27 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
What was the team?

Empoleon (Shell bell), Abomasnow (Ice plate), Luxray (Magnet), Rapidash (Metronome), Medicham (Fist plate), Garchomp (Dragon fang). Looking back there's some things I would've changed, but overall it was a pretty solid run.

brucewillis

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #176 on: April 20, 2022, 11:50:09 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
What was the team?
[close]

Empoleon (Shell bell), Abomasnow (Ice plate), Luxray (Magnet), Rapidash (Metronome), Medicham (Fist plate), Garchomp (Dragon fang). Looking back there's some things I would've changed, but overall it was a pretty solid run.
Pretty nostalgic team, Luxray has one of my favorite pokemon designs.

coldbrew

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #177 on: April 20, 2022, 01:18:07 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
What was the team?
[close]

[close]
Pretty nostalgic team, Luxray has one of my favorite pokemon designs.

Super nostalgic team. Luxray is also one of my favorites, I have a shiny female Luxray nicknamed Nala and she's my favorite.

brucewillis

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #178 on: April 22, 2022, 09:42:59 AM »
Just caught the snorlax on pokemon X, what moveset should i rock?

coldbrew

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #179 on: April 23, 2022, 07:10:34 AM »
Just caught the snorlax on pokemon X, what moveset should i rock?

Belly Drum
Rest
Yawn
Whichever attack you want and can get at your level