Author Topic: Pokemon Games  (Read 21032 times)

brucewillis

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 32
  • Die Hard. www.casualskateshop.com.br
Re: Pokemon Games
« Reply #180 on: April 27, 2022, 07:39:26 AM »
Just caught the snorlax on pokemon X, what moveset should i rock?
I put snorlax in a box. My current team is Frogadier, Axew, Helioptile, Fletchinder and Ivysaur.

brucewillis

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #181 on: June 28, 2022, 06:40:00 AM »
So pals... what are your thoughts about the trailers, legendary pokemons and overall hype about the new Gen?

coldbrew

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 399
« Reply #182 on: July 03, 2022, 12:35:43 PM »
Personally I’m extremely excited. Love the open world and the idea that no matter how you choose to move forward in the game the gyms and battles will scale. I’m not overly stoked on the starters or the initial Pokémon we’ve seen so far but I fucking love the legendaries and this past/future idea. I’m hoping the third legendary is something like a present version of the two?

Overall between PLA, Sw/Sh wild area and now scarlet & violet I am loving where the franchise is headed and the potential it has.

I’m very interested in what this games mechanic or gimmick is tho. Multiple typings via a held item? Hoping we get region name a new trailer and some more mon reveals very soon.

layzieyez

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1475
  • Illusion Flip
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #183 on: July 03, 2022, 01:44:51 PM »
I just got a new iPhone 13. I'm up to 4 phones and am a one man raid team with 5g bandwidth speed hotspot. I know this isn't Niantic's intent but it's fun for me.

rawbertson.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 651
  • yo yo, yo yo yo yo
    • my youtube avatar image
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #184 on: July 04, 2022, 08:41:25 AM »
Nice lol yeah my wife and I have 2 accounts each but our old phones play the game so shitty its kinda not worth it. cant justify buying two new iphones when these ones work so good still. i would proabbly play the game a lot more if we could raid with just the 2 of us.

any of you guys do battles in Sw/Shield? I just started getting into it, its pretty fun. i just use rental teams cause i am newb
ONTARIO CANADA

coldbrew

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #185 on: July 04, 2022, 10:30:37 AM »
Nice lol yeah my wife and I have 2 accounts each but our old phones play the game so shitty its kinda not worth it. cant justify buying two new iphones when these ones work so good still. i would proabbly play the game a lot more if we could raid with just the 2 of us.

any of you guys do battles in Sw/Shield? I just started getting into it, its pretty fun. i just use rental teams cause i am newb

I hit masterball tier last ranked season. Debating trying to actually compete in the real circuit matches even tho those kids are so damn good.

layzieyez

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1475
  • Illusion Flip
« Reply #186 on: July 04, 2022, 02:03:32 PM »
I don’t want to disclose how many accounts I have, but I started a bunch of accounts to troll users from rival teams just for fun. Kind of like slap shitposting but on the gyms in my area.

rawbertson.

• SLAP Pal
  • yo yo, yo yo yo yo
« Reply #187 on: July 05, 2022, 08:32:14 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

I hit masterball tier last ranked season. Debating trying to actually compete in the real circuit matches even tho those kids are so damn good.

i usually only do like 1-2 batles per night so i only managed to get up to like rank 7 of singles and doubles but gonna try to aim to get on the ladder for this month. i dont mind getting my ass beat, i can just go copy their team later easily enough i suppose. i am kinda just looking to play a shit load of matches til i see someone do something really insane / cool and then i will proably try to swtich my team to that

i mostly just use Zacian / Kyogre / Zapdos  and then the other 3 are different depending on doubles / singles, seesm like they are just super fast and powerful, cant really go wrong  but i am a huge fan of those teams that do speed swap and trick room etc. i am too new to come up with something like that still though
ONTARIO CANADA

rawbertson.

• SLAP Pal
  • yo yo, yo yo yo yo
« Reply #188 on: July 05, 2022, 08:34:35 AM »
So pals... what are your thoughts about the trailers, legendary pokemons and overall hype about the new Gen?

i dont think they can go wrong, the last few games have all been pretty fire. i really love sword shield , i hope its similar to that game just with a whole new adventure to explore. i wont miss dynamax adventure / battles particularly, i found them a bit repetitive and not very interactive.
ONTARIO CANADA

brucewillis

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #189 on: July 14, 2022, 04:36:04 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

i dont think they can go wrong, the last few games have all been pretty fire. i really love sword shield , i hope its similar to that game just with a whole new adventure to explore. i wont miss dynamax adventure / battles particularly, i found them a bit repetitive and not very interactive.
That future/past evolution gimmick rumour is pretty cool too. I'm hyped. Also a big fan of sword and shield, haven't played Arceus yet.

TwisT

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1032
« Reply #190 on: July 18, 2022, 07:04:16 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
That future/past evolution gimmick rumour is pretty cool too. I'm hyped. Also a big fan of sword and shield, haven't played Arceus yet.

Sword was fine, Arceus was a much more engaging experience

coldbrew

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #191 on: August 06, 2022, 11:33:29 AM »
Just finished a nuzlocke of brilliant diamond. Lost to flint in the elite 4 and don’t feel like training up a whole new team so I’m calling it a wrap. Discouraging but it was a super fun challenge.

Run number 2 of my brilliant diamond nuzlocke attempt and feeling good going into the elite 4. Team is Gastrodon, Scizor, Alakazam, crobat, rapidash and altaria. Wish me luck.

Also, everyone see the S/V trailer this past week? I’m excited for the terastal mechanic but those stupid fucking hats are so dumb looking. Otherwise I’m excited for the game and the map looks massive.

brucewillis

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #192 on: August 08, 2022, 07:36:50 AM »
Expand Quote
Just finished a nuzlocke of brilliant diamond. Lost to flint in the elite 4 and don’t feel like training up a whole new team so I’m calling it a wrap. Discouraging but it was a super fun challenge.
[close]

Run number 2 of my brilliant diamond nuzlocke attempt and feeling good going into the elite 4. Team is Gastrodon, Scizor, Alakazam, crobat, rapidash and altaria. Wish me luck.

Also, everyone see the S/V trailer this past week? I’m excited for the terastal mechanic but those stupid fucking hats are so dumb looking. Otherwise I’m excited for the game and the map looks massive.
Pretty hyped too. Not a big fan of having the cover mons as a ride but nothing is perfect. I think this one will be pretty huge.

SummerFrog

• Rep: 0
« Reply #193 on: September 24, 2022, 12:24:26 AM »
FUCK that rival trainer who steals the other pokemon, dude always picks whatever pokemon is best against the one you pick, bullshit

Im stuck at one part because I have fucking rattatas and pidgeys and all these gay pokemon and he has all these beast ones

games pretty fun though, apparently once you get to a certain point you can travel to the original island from the first game and pick one of charmander squirtle or bulbasaur

charmander was always my dude but might have to get squirtle so once he transforms into blastoise im reminded of rawbs sex stories
Although talent is widely acknowledged to be essential to competitiveness, HR continues to struggle to obtain influence in the C-suite. Except in the most progressive organizations, the HR job has traditionally been seen as mostly administrative, and its executives have typically been limited to overseeing policies and cultural initiatives.

DCLOVE

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -479
« Reply #194 on: November 17, 2022, 10:01:52 PM »
Bumping cause Scarlet and violet drop at midnight. Who’s copping. Are y’all excited for the biggest change to Pokémon in its history?
PINE 2009, 2010, 2011, 2020, PINE STILL MAKIN' MONEY.

pizzafliptofakie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1962
« Reply #195 on: November 18, 2022, 05:16:47 AM »
Bumping cause Scarlet and violet drop at midnight. Who’s copping. Are y’all excited for the biggest change to Pokémon in its history?

Thinking of picking it up after work. I was reading reviews yesterday claiming that the game's potential is noticeably held back by poor performance issues, but I was watching a random livestream of someone playing and it wasn't THAT bad. Not that I'm going into a Pokemon game expecting top notch visuals, but still.

Stoop Kid 2.0

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -312
  • I still fucking hate hipsters.
« Reply #196 on: November 18, 2022, 08:45:15 AM »
Been playing since midnight. The open world is massive. A little bit laggy but it’s truly open world. I’m liking it a lot. I’ve barely done anything but explore trying to see what Pokémon are where early on.  Just bought a battery pack for my switch because I know this game is going to destroy battery life in handheld mode. Also items are everywhere. Hopefully larvitar can be caught early on.

notmikerusczyk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 280
« Reply #197 on: November 19, 2022, 03:21:33 PM »
played probably ~8 hours so far, game is definitely buggy as shit and the graphics are absolutely horrendous. outside of performance, the story is ass and the world is bland. it's still kinda fun simply due to pokemon being pokemon but yeah definitely a disappointment overall.

rawbertson.

• SLAP Pal
  • yo yo, yo yo yo yo
« Reply #198 on: November 21, 2022, 07:07:57 AM »
i am really liking it so far. it is very buggy but its not that bad. it has never crashed for me. love how you can do auto battles. apparently you will see the shiny in the wild which is really cool. but there is no more sparkle or sound so it can be really hard to see some of them. i have heard your auto battle guy also will not fight a shiny and kill him by accident lol which is nice.
ONTARIO CANADA

pizzafliptofakie

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #199 on: November 21, 2022, 07:16:03 AM »
This game pretty much ate my whole weekend lol

It often runs like absolute ass which is frustrating considering Pokemon is the single highest grossing franchise of all time. But it's still very fun and I've spent hours just picking a direction and going to see what happens. I'm hoping we get a performance patch soon cuz some areas look like a Windows 98 screensaver.

notmikerusczyk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 280
« Reply #200 on: November 21, 2022, 12:29:29 PM »
This game pretty much ate my whole weekend lol

It often runs like absolute ass which is frustrating considering Pokemon is the single highest grossing franchise of all time. But it's still very fun and I've spent hours just picking a direction and going to see what happens. I'm hoping we get a performance patch soon cuz some areas look like a Windows 98 screensaver.
the mountain/cliff textures in particular are pretty mindblowingly bad lol. just a repeating square of texture

coldbrew

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #201 on: November 21, 2022, 01:27:44 PM »
echoing what everyone else has said so far, I'm really hoping a patch comes out ASAP that helps because there's some serious lag and glitching going on in certain situations. That being said though, I'm about 25 hours into it so far and having an amazing time. I'm very much a completionist so just focusing on early dex finishing while exploring and unlocking the titans. I'm saving the gym challenge story line for post game so I can breed a specific team after I see all the new mons. Also, two shinies already.

rawbertson.

• SLAP Pal
  • yo yo, yo yo yo yo
« Reply #202 on: November 28, 2022, 08:12:39 AM »
Nice so far I got shiny Donphan. been running him in my team. gardevoir, azumaril, fletchinder (really not a lot of options for fire types in this game), starter Grass Cat, and Rotom. seems like ive been able to deal with everything pretty easily for the most part, i think honestly you can beat this game with any team

only used a few TMs to make my shiny donphan reall cool / more useful. put gunk shot cause i had no poison moves, and rock blast to deal with flying types (lot of steel mons with levitate in this game again). its too bad he is not also a rock type to get that extra Same Type Ability Bonus.

I am not sure if i did the game in the correct order? lol i was at a part where my guys seemed way underlevelled but i powered through pretty easily still. then my guys seemed overlevelled for a long ass time. now finally to a point where wild mons are level 50

I am just a bit over 200 in the dex. i stopped noticing the performance issues after awhile but yeah they are definintely there. you gotta keep in mind switch is an older handheld at this point now, its even weaker than a ps4. but they should have been able to optimize that better i agree.

all in all, i am really loving this game so far, cant wait to do battles online and shiny hatching. i hope they put out expansions for this too, im sure thats the plan
ONTARIO CANADA

coldbrew

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #203 on: December 02, 2022, 07:45:57 AM »
Well, I finished the full story, post game and all... and holy shit. That was one of the best Pokemon games I've ever played in my entire life. I won't spoil anything story wise but I legit got a bit emotional at points. For once the story telling and culmination of plot lines actually worked out. The new patch came out to fix some of the lag and bug issues and it already feels a bit better.

Now off to reface the gym leaders, shiny hunt, and breed myself a team that I'll trade over to play through Scarlet.

Amazing game.

rawbertson.

• SLAP Pal
  • yo yo, yo yo yo yo
« Reply #204 on: December 05, 2022, 08:02:18 AM »
i finished the main story few days ago as well and working on completing my dex in violet, i am about 320/400 now
i love the raid battles in this game so much more than sw/sh
Azumaril is really good
ONTARIO CANADA

coldbrew

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #205 on: December 05, 2022, 08:20:58 AM »
i finished the main story few days ago as well and working on completing my dex in violet, i am about 320/400 now
i love the raid battles in this game so much more than sw/sh
Azumaril is really good

I'm somewhere around the 300 mark of my dex as well. The raid battles are so much better than sw/sh and I love how quick they are in comparison. Not having to wait for everyone to select and attack was a huge QOL improvement.

And yes, huge power Azumarill is fucking busted. Might shiny hunt one.

rawbertson.

• SLAP Pal
  • yo yo, yo yo yo yo
« Reply #206 on: December 06, 2022, 08:11:41 AM »
someone told me you should learn Belly Drum for Azumaril. you have to learn it from an egg move but its a lot easier in this game to do, you dont have to breed a brand new one you can just have a picnic with both mons in your party and have the azumaril holding a certain item, have an open move slot, and you will learn the move!

i heard you can 1 shot the raid boss before the shield even goes up in a lot of situations
ONTARIO CANADA

rawbertson.

• SLAP Pal
  • yo yo, yo yo yo yo
« Reply #207 on: December 13, 2022, 07:39:29 AM »
Iron Hands is a really good Raid Killer I have found now as well, using the belly drum strat
this game has made me a complete pile, i have been fiending 2-3 hrs minimum per day. have got everything i can in this game except those 4 legendary doggys and scizor (metal coat is pain in the ass to get) i am on violet , hit me up if you wanna do trades if yo uhave scarlet
ONTARIO CANADA

pizzafliptofakie

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #208 on: December 13, 2022, 07:45:15 AM »
Iron Hands is a really good Raid Killer I have found now as well, using the belly drum strat
this game has made me a complete pile, i have been fiending 2-3 hrs minimum per day. have got everything i can in this game except those 4 legendary doggys and scizor (metal coat is pain in the ass to get) i am on violet , hit me up if you wanna do trades if yo uhave scarlet

you can just buy one

rawbertson.

• SLAP Pal
  • yo yo, yo yo yo yo
« Reply #209 on: December 13, 2022, 08:03:50 AM »
serebii said you can only get it in port marinada at the auction but i have just bene told you can get it in levinicta at the deli bird shop
ONTARIO CANADA