Author Topic: Pokemon Games  (Read 21052 times)

pizzafliptofakie

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1963
Re: Pokemon Games
« Reply #210 on: December 13, 2022, 09:00:03 AM »
If memory serves the store's stock changes depending on your progress, so if you tried early in the game it probably wasn't there. I got a Scizor as soon as I could and he's an asset to my team.

rawbertson.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 651
  • yo yo, yo yo yo yo
    • my youtube avatar image
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #211 on: December 14, 2022, 06:42:55 AM »
Yeah Scizor has to be one of the best bug type. Nice pairing with steel too makes it strong against a lot of stuff as long as you dont get hit with fire. and you can set the terra to like water or something too, that would be cool to nullify that weakness.

I just unlocked the 6 star raids and man are they hard. I am working on Gimmighoul coins now. I watched this video and i noticed a lot of people are using goldengho in raids so I gotta get it!

https://youtu.be/cnLVImPpgFA

Azumaril and Iron Hands with Belly Drum are the main 2 I am using to take down 5 star raids now. With Iron Hands you can do Drain Punch which heals your health back to keep you alive longer which is so good. between those 2 I can beat a lot of raids, gotta fill in the gaps now, not sure what i am gonna do next. I am starting to figure out the EV training, thats something that i have always been too fried to understand but it means quite a lot if you can do it
ONTARIO CANADA

cant stop

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -76
  • It's all about tricks.
« Reply #212 on: December 22, 2022, 11:40:23 AM »
Played red, blue and yellow the most.

I felt finished when I created a team with “unpopular” pokemons that I liked. The team was Hypno, Dodrio, Kingler, Vileplume, Electabuzz and Golem, and took them all to level 100 and I was done playing for the rest of my life.

But the hardest way to beat the Elite Four was when I used a team without evolving them. That was tough, try that if you want a challenge. 
You know what sucks? I always rip my pants when Im having a good time! - The Gonz

rawbertson.

• SLAP Pal
  • yo yo, yo yo yo yo
« Reply #213 on: January 02, 2023, 07:24:26 AM »
https://game8.co/games/Pokemon-Scarlet-Violet/archives/397713

this tells you some good tera raid pokemon ^ I mainly use goldengo, azumaril, iron valiant, iron hands, charizard, ting lu, that covers quite a bit. you have to do the correct EV training or else they will be much weaker.

i finally figured out how to do the EVs
basically as soon as you catch it, buy the vitamins for the stats you wanna boost - you need it to total 52 all together - and feed straight away before battling it at all. so for raids typically you just do 26 for HP and 26 for ATK or SP ATK depending which pokemon it is. battling will mess the ev's up. there is a way to feed it berries or something to lower it but i have heard its faster to just start over (i guess if you mess up a shiny then you have to do the berries)

ONTARIO CANADA

igrindtwinkies

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 367
« Reply #214 on: January 06, 2023, 11:44:22 PM »
I reinstalled pokeMMO to deal with the gnarly winter we are having.  Anyone else here active on this?

coldbrew

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 399
« Reply #215 on: January 10, 2023, 07:42:47 AM »
I reinstalled pokeMMO to deal with the gnarly winter we are having.  Anyone else here active on this?

I play all the main series games but have never actually played pokeMMO, only heard of it here and there. What's the deal with it? I'm always down to play Pokemon no matter the platform.

coldbrew

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #216 on: January 17, 2023, 08:22:25 AM »
I finally got around to shiny hunting in this game w/ the level 3 sandwiches and it's so fucking broken. I'm might go ahead and just try and do a full shiny dex for this game bc it's so easy to boost your encounters and narrow down exactly the spawns of what you're going for.

HalfWolf

• Rep: 0
« Reply #217 on: January 18, 2023, 08:21:42 PM »
Shiny hunting can be a fun and rewarding experience in some video games. The level 3 sandwiches method you mentioned is likely a reference to a specific strategy in the Pokémon games where players can use an item called the "Lucky Egg" in combination with high-level Pokémon to increase their chances of encountering shiny Pokémon here.

Keep in mind that while some methods may make shiny hunting easier, it's still a random process and requires a lot of patience and persistence. However, if you enjoy the challenge and excitement of searching for shinies, then going for a full shiny dex can be a great goal to work towards. Just remember to take breaks and enjoy the other aspects of the game as well!
« Last Edit: February 11, 2023, 01:38:20 AM by HalfWolf »

Jewel Runner

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rep: 101
« Reply #218 on: January 19, 2023, 09:12:31 AM »

Oh shit I played that loooong ago when it started! Is it still active? How many people are playing? I had a blast with my homies playing it

igrindtwinkies

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 367
« Reply #219 on: January 20, 2023, 05:40:08 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Oh shit I played that loooong ago when it started! Is it still active? How many people are playing? I had a blast with my homies playing it

It's still pretty active, I don't really mess with others in it though.  I made it halfway through Black, before sailing over to Kanto to start Fire Red.  When I first played it 9 years ago, it was just Fire Red, but now you can install the ROMS for 4 different games.

rawbertson.

• SLAP Pal
  • yo yo, yo yo yo yo
« Reply #220 on: January 24, 2023, 08:25:53 AM »
I finally got around to shiny hunting in this game w/ the level 3 sandwiches and it's so fucking broken. I'm might go ahead and just try and do a full shiny dex for this game bc it's so easy to boost your encounters and narrow down exactly the spawns of what you're going for.

idk i dont think its that broken. the shiny raids in the previous game were way more busted. people would just host shiny raids 24/7 (and still do) they just rotate the dens. i have like 4 pages of shinies from joining random peoples raids lol. it is done through seed / time skip manipulation, which is in essence similar to what you are doing by forcing an outbreak (of course you can just do it much easier + more "naturally" by actually just wiating til the next day in real life too) you just dont have any way to force the seed so you actually have to look for the pokemon! haha

i also think its not that broken because A LOT of the new pokemon are SUPER hard to tell the difference between the shiny and regular version. i think this makes it more skill based and less RNG based! also, not every pokemon can be found in outbreak, like the ones in the final area. I didnt evne know this and somehow i managed to get Iron Valiant really quickly who is one of my favorite shinies in the game :)  I really wanna start working on iron hands too.

Plus you gotta keep grinding raids in order to get lots of salty herbs which takes time. All in all I think its actually a perfect ecosystem to keep people playing and having fun! the shiny raids were definitely too broken and silly.

rental team system works amazing if you want to get into battling too. its pretty fun i could see myself putting more time into this. i didnt like how random it felt before but i think you have to just keep more of an open mind that you will lose games sometimes right off the gate due to selection of the other team and thats just part of it. its not like street fighter where if you play absolutely out of your mind you can overcome a really hard matchup.
ONTARIO CANADA

chronicbackpain

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rep: 156
« Reply #221 on: February 28, 2023, 05:43:13 AM »
Scarlet/Violet DLC is available for purchase for $35, and is version-exclusive. The first part becomes available in fall and the second releases in winter.

coldbrew

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #222 on: February 28, 2023, 08:58:19 AM »
Scarlet/Violet DLC is available for purchase for $35, and is version-exclusive. The first part becomes available in fall and the second releases in winter.

pre-ordered mine yesterday. pretty bummed it's only raids to hold us over between now and then. looks like I'll be revisiting an old game to nuzlocke in the meantime or finally do a full shiny play through of scarlet just to kill time and ultimately get the version exclusives with my own trainer name.

rawbertson.

• SLAP Pal
  • yo yo, yo yo yo yo
« Reply #223 on: February 28, 2023, 04:30:38 PM »
i am having a lot of fun still! doing lot sof shiny hunting
i got 2x iron hands shiny the other day
seems like its easier to find the area zero shinies or maybe im just getting lucky
ONTARIO CANADA

Steely Daniel

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 456
« Reply #224 on: February 28, 2023, 05:08:33 PM »
I fired up PTCGO last night and played a few games. I'm bummed it's being phased out soon for their new dogshit app Pokemon Trading Card Game Live. It's ugly, sterile and souless. Full of ugly nonsensical animations, seizure inducing flashes and low resolution card graphics.

It's kind of funny how my young son got me into playing pokemon cards as grown ass man. I had no idea of the rules of the game when I was a kid and they were first popular. We learned how to play the game together with the battle academy set and I got him a few other pre made decks so we could have some more interesting matches. We still play but need some new decks to keep things fresh and interesting.

coldbrew

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #225 on: March 01, 2023, 10:19:32 AM »
i am having a lot of fun still! doing lot sof shiny hunting
i got 2x iron hands shiny the other day
seems like its easier to find the area zero shinies or maybe im just getting lucky

I think it's just the fact the spawn variance is a tad less than outside of area zero and you can control them with sandwiches so much easier that you can pinpoint exactly what you're trying to hunt. I have been doing a lot of shiny hunting still as well. I've been hunting a shiny salazzle since my first play through of gen 7 as it's one of my favorite mons and finally managed to get one this past week.

rawbertson.

• SLAP Pal
  • yo yo, yo yo yo yo
« Reply #226 on: March 02, 2023, 07:02:12 AM »
Been having a ton of fun with this team in singles

https://youtu.be/tFmMu4IDJlM

Iron Bundle so nice to have against Palafin
ONTARIO CANADA

radcunt

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 474
    • FARTPISS DOGCUM avatar image
« Reply #227 on: March 05, 2023, 03:45:46 AM »
Kinda just wanna replay my old Pokemon Red cart.

rawbertson.

• SLAP Pal
  • yo yo, yo yo yo yo
« Reply #228 on: March 06, 2023, 08:21:12 AM »
Kinda just wanna replay my old Pokemon Red cart.

i really want to find my fire red and do a shiny hunt lol
ONTARIO CANADA

layzieyez

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1474
  • Illusion Flip
« Reply #229 on: March 20, 2023, 07:36:49 AM »
Thanks to you guys I am now the owner of an oled switch and scarlet. Going to play while sessions hype goes nuts.

coldbrew

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #230 on: March 21, 2023, 06:36:15 AM »
Thanks to you guys I am now the owner of an oled switch and scarlet. Going to play while sessions hype goes nuts.

enjoy dude! I did my original play through in violet so let me know if/when you need any version exclusives and I can help you out!

caked

• Rep: 15
« Reply #231 on: March 21, 2023, 08:50:25 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

enjoy dude! I did my original play through in violet so let me know if/when you need any version exclusives and I can help you out!

I might take you up on this...I have 120+ hours on scarlet and am still missing a few violet exclusives. Haven't played in a few weeks though

coldbrew

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #232 on: March 21, 2023, 11:45:58 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

I might take you up on this...I have 120+ hours on scarlet and am still missing a few violet exclusives. Haven't played in a few weeks though

for sure! feel free to PM me with a list of the ones you need and if you have a requested pokeball you want them caught in and I can get 'em for you this week.

rawbertson.

• SLAP Pal
  • yo yo, yo yo yo yo
« Reply #233 on: March 22, 2023, 10:20:41 AM »
anyone want to try to battle me!?!?
ONTARIO CANADA

layzieyez

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1474
  • Illusion Flip
« Reply #234 on: April 02, 2023, 06:41:15 AM »
I’m now playing through shield. I bought my daughter violet so I’m planning on trading with her. Thanks for the offer though, I do appreciate it. I finished scarlet so quick it was great.

She also already has sword so I’m trading with her in that game, too (which is why I’m playing through shield rn).

I kinda wish I played shield first because it feels rigid and kinda slow compared to my play through of scarlet.

NathanGeorge

• Rep: 0
    • apk mod avatar image
« Reply #235 on: April 04, 2023, 07:18:53 PM »
are the shit. i am currently on fire red and does anyone know how to get in that cave to catch mewtwo?
Regarding your question, to catch Mewtwo in the Cerulean Cave in Pokemon FireRed, you need to have defeated the Elite Four and have access to the Sevii Islands. Once you have done that, head to the cave and navigate your way through it to the bottom floor, where you'll find Mewtwo. Make sure you have plenty of Ultra Balls to increase your chances of catching it. Good luck!

The Mexican Nancy Chin

• Rep: 112
« Reply #236 on: April 04, 2023, 09:39:00 PM »
I'm currently playing gen 1 for the first time (I've played fire red partially and finished let's go, just never played the originals). I went with yellow version. I've heard a lot people say gen 1 isn't that fun to play nowadays but I'm enjoying it quite a bit, I'm used to playing retro games quite often though. Also, the animations for the partner Pikachu are adorable. I named by squirtle (now wartortle) Steamer after Elissa.

I’m now playing through shield. I bought my daughter violet so I’m planning on trading with her. Thanks for the offer though, I do appreciate it. I finished scarlet so quick it was great.

She also already has sword so I’m trading with her in that game, too (which is why I’m playing through shield rn).

I kinda wish I played shield first because it feels rigid and kinda slow compared to my play through of scarlet.

Unlike a lot of people, I really enjoy Sword and Shield but I can definitely see it feeling rigid compared to gen 9. Have you played Legends Arceus? I highly recommend it, I love that game. Branches out of the typical Pokémon structure while still feeling familiar and the exploration is really fun. It's not for everyone but based on what you said about shield, I think you would really like this one. Also, that's really cool that you're playing these games alongside your daughter. Sounds really fun for you guys to be able to share this experience!

rawbertson.

• SLAP Pal
  • yo yo, yo yo yo yo
« Reply #237 on: April 05, 2023, 08:06:06 AM »

yeah the new game brought so many more quality of life features. i could see it being hard to go back. the raids in particular were extremely painful. i love doing raids in violet though.

i am pretty good at beating the 6* ones solo so if anyone getting stuck on one let me know and i can help you get it!

also i have gotten all the special event ones like charizard, decidueye, etc. so if you need any of those i can breed you another one.
ONTARIO CANADA

coldbrew

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #238 on: April 05, 2023, 08:52:56 AM »
I'm currently playing gen 1 for the first time (I've played fire red partially and finished let's go, just never played the originals). I went with yellow version. I've heard a lot people say gen 1 isn't that fun to play nowadays but I'm enjoying it quite a bit, I'm used to playing retro games quite often though. Also, the animations for the partner Pikachu are adorable. I named by squirtle (now wartortle) Steamer after Elissa.

Expand Quote

[close]

Unlike a lot of people, I really enjoy Sword and Shield but I can definitely see it feeling rigid compared to gen 9. Have you played Legends Arceus? I highly recommend it, I love that game. Branches out of the typical Pokémon structure while still feeling familiar and the exploration is really fun. It's not for everyone but based on what you said about shield, I think you would really like this one. Also, that's really cool that you're playing these games alongside your daughter. Sounds really fun for you guys to be able to share this experience!

I actually just started my first play through of yellow as well. I've played all the other original gen 1 games whether as a kid or later on but just never actually played yellow. Love that squirtle nickname haha

The Mexican Nancy Chin

• Rep: 112
« Reply #239 on: April 05, 2023, 04:24:36 PM »
Expand Quote

Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

I actually just started my first play through of yellow as well. I've played all the other original gen 1 games whether as a kid or later on but just never actually played yellow. Love that squirtle nickname haha
That's sick. If you also get the squirtle from Vermillion City let me know what you name it :)