Author Topic: Pokemon Games  (Read 21038 times)

layzieyez

• Mods
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1475
  • Illusion Flip
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Re: Pokemon Games
« Reply #240 on: April 17, 2023, 05:50:28 AM »
Finished playing shield and it is my favorite traditional pokemon game. I haven't played arceus, but I'll try out my daughter's copy when I see her.

rawbertson.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 651
  • yo yo, yo yo yo yo
    • my youtube avatar image
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #241 on: April 17, 2023, 07:01:50 AM »
Finished playing shield and it is my favorite traditional pokemon game. I haven't played arceus, but I'll try out my daughter's copy when I see her.

I spent  ~1000 hrs on shield lol
ONTARIO CANADA

coldbrew

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 399
« Reply #242 on: April 17, 2023, 07:32:32 AM »
I also have about 1000 hours in shield. I love that game. I know it's crazy to say but I think the traditional formula for Pokemon games still is the best. I love scarlet/violet but there's something about the balance of traditional and open world for sw/sh that worked so well. The raid dens were perfect too.

layzieyez

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Illusion Flip
« Reply #243 on: April 19, 2023, 06:33:20 PM »
I’ll put more time into shield later.

Right now, I’m playing Zelda Breath of Wild. I wonder if there is some overlap between the team that worked on that and Scarlet/Violet.

rawbertson.

• SLAP Pal
  • yo yo, yo yo yo yo
« Reply #244 on: April 21, 2023, 08:45:58 AM »
i can def see the resemblences
i am playing breath of the wild right now as well. tbh its not really my favorite, i find it a bit of a chore to play and last few nights have just played nothing... might just swtich back to violet i was really liking playing that every night before bed. i am just borrowing zelda though and feel obligated to beat it. i just beat the elephant dungeon and it was a pain in the ass to figure out.
ONTARIO CANADA

layzieyez

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Illusion Flip
« Reply #245 on: April 28, 2023, 05:21:08 PM »
I had to get a guide. It’s too hard and I wanted to get back to aimlessly wandering. I wandered forever before doing the objectives. It’s a fun world to trek.

coldbrew

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #246 on: September 13, 2023, 01:42:03 PM »
Planning on jumping into the new Teal Mask DLC later tonight after work. I have very minimal expectations but I am excited to get to use some mons that I seemingly haven't used since my 3DS days and can shiny hunt easier than I had to back in the day. Shiny Ariados and Vikavolt both on the list, I want the new applin form too.

rawbertson.

• SLAP Pal
  • yo yo, yo yo yo yo
« Reply #247 on: September 15, 2023, 06:22:49 AM »
oh shit, its out?!!?! cant wait
been playing animal crossing to tie me over and already kinda over it ...
ONTARIO CANADA

coldbrew

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #248 on: September 15, 2023, 07:36:39 AM »
oh shit, its out?!!?! cant wait
been playing animal crossing to tie me over and already kinda over it ...

Yep, put a couple hours into it last night and having a lot of fun. I'm digging the story and the overall area it's set in and as I said in my previous post, seeing some gen 4-5 mons in the game is awesome.

rawbertson.

• SLAP Pal
  • yo yo, yo yo yo yo
« Reply #249 on: September 18, 2023, 11:14:56 AM »
copped it friday night and having great time
didnt beat the mewtwo raid but i ported a mewtwo over from another game
make sure you dont forget to get your free mew with the gift code gety0urmew
ONTARIO CANADA

pops

• Rep: 218
« Reply #250 on: December 28, 2023, 11:48:54 AM »
Finally finished Shield's league. I really liked this game. Last game I played was Sun when it came out, finished it and was a little burnt out on Pokemon. Is there much of post-game stuff to do in SwSh?

numagik

• Rep: 35
« Reply #251 on: December 29, 2023, 07:18:07 PM »
Finally finished Shield's league. I really liked this game. Last game I played was Sun when it came out, finished it and was a little burnt out on Pokemon. Is there much of post-game stuff to do in SwSh?

if you havent you should play legends arceus. i was so skeptical about it at first but it was an incredible time

coldbrew

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #252 on: December 30, 2023, 08:02:38 AM »

The DLC’s are fun for sure and the ability to hunt/shiny hunt a ton of legendaries in dynamax adventures is great. Shiny odds are pretty high too. If you liked shield I’d say the DLC’s are worth it.

pops

« Reply #253 on: January 01, 2024, 12:19:15 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

if you havent you should play legends arceus. i was so skeptical about it at first but it was an incredible time

Thanks. I was actually looking forward to getting it next.  :)

Expand Quote
[close]

The DLC’s are fun for sure and the ability to hunt/shiny hunt a ton of legendaries in dynamax adventures is great. Shiny odds are pretty high too. If you liked shield I’d say the DLC’s are worth it.

Sounds great, I'll try the DLCs next . I really liked these games and the region and would love to play some more.

pops

« Reply #254 on: January 04, 2024, 09:02:35 AM »
Ok, I looked it up and it seems that the Pokemon Sw/Sh Dlc isnt available for download anymore. Was it only available for a limited time or something? Kinda bummed rn.

chronicbackpain

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rep: 157
« Reply #255 on: January 04, 2024, 01:49:46 PM »
Ok, I looked it up and it seems that the Pokemon Sw/Sh Dlc isnt available for download anymore. Was it only available for a limited time or something? Kinda bummed rn.
It’s available:

https://www.nintendo.com/us/store/products/pokemon-sword-expansion-pass-70070000009666-switch/

https://www.amazon.com/Pokémon-Expansion-Shield-Retail-Version/dp/B083V9FSJM/ref=mp_s_a_1_2?crid=1UZBKEE9RBTL1&keywords=pokemon+sword+expansion+pass&qid=1704404811&sprefix=sword+expandion,aps,118&sr=8-2

coldbrew

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #256 on: January 04, 2024, 01:51:08 PM »

Weird, they should still be available. If you're actually in the game and connected to the internet there should be a pop up for "Expansion Pass" for the Crown Tundra & Aisle of Armor. It's obviously been a while since I purchased them. It says they're still available in the Nintendo e-shop but not sure if you're in a different country or logged in under a different user than the one you got your sw/sh account on?

pops

« Reply #257 on: January 14, 2024, 11:26:18 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Weird, they should still be available. If you're actually in the game and connected to the internet there should be a pop up for "Expansion Pass" for the Crown Tundra & Aisle of Armor. It's obviously been a while since I purchased them. It says they're still available in the Nintendo e-shop but not sure if you're in a different country or logged in under a different user than the one you got your sw/sh account on?
Expand Quote
[close]
It’s available:

https://www.nintendo.com/us/store/products/pokemon-sword-expansion-pass-70070000009666-switch/

https://www.amazon.com/Pokémon-Expansion-Shield-Retail-Version/dp/B083V9FSJM/ref=mp_s_a_1_2?crid=1UZBKEE9RBTL1&keywords=pokemon+sword+expansion+pass&qid=1704404811&sprefix=sword+expandion,aps,118&sr=8-2

don't where I looked up that they're not available anymore, but good if they still are.