Author Topic: NBA 2010-11  (Read 51480 times)

Donkey Lips

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 988
Re: NBA 2010-11
« Reply #570 on: April 08, 2011, 05:25:09 AM »
That was a fucking bummer. Deng put in the cheat codes.

BallDontLie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 697
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #571 on: April 08, 2011, 06:06:45 PM »
Rondo was chasing D Rose around like a lapdog.
if the mods were wu-tang, dean would be cappadonna

bentmode

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 211
  • Da$h
« Reply #572 on: April 08, 2011, 07:26:29 PM »
basketball is ass backwards right now with big men taking the mid range and beyond jumpers and fucking point guards dominating the paint.
Han solo blew up the Death Star in Episode 4.  Heard it from a friend.  Reliable source.

eight oh eight

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 176
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #573 on: April 10, 2011, 01:56:54 PM »
c's at heat getting....heated.  two and a half men all t'd up.

Donkey Lips

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #574 on: April 10, 2011, 06:34:56 PM »
C's didn't have the staying power tonight. Dropped down a ranking. I am disappoint.

James Tate

• Rep: 3
« Reply #575 on: April 10, 2011, 06:54:48 PM »
I went to the Bulls-Magic game this afternoon, it was a good game but 1pm start time with a hangover was rough. Derrick Rose better get that MVP.

All Hail Wu Welsh

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #576 on: April 10, 2011, 09:14:59 PM »
Hallelujah hollaback! The Knicks after a fuckin decade have finally had a winning season.  For those that didn't see, Melo hit another game winning shot tonight, so he's now hit 3 game winning shots since coming to the Knicks.  This'll sound like homerism, but I'd take him over any other player in the league to take the last shot, even stats show he's more accurate than kobe with the game on the line.  Now I'm just gonna pray with pretty much all other basketball fans that we see a Knicks/Heat 1st round matchup.

Donkey Lips

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #577 on: April 11, 2011, 05:35:02 PM »
Did a painting for my dude KG tonight, hoping it improves their current slump.

Shred Nugent

• Rep: 6
« Reply #578 on: April 11, 2011, 06:59:22 PM »
That shit is is tight man!

Beer Keg Peg Leg

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -35
« Reply #579 on: April 11, 2011, 07:35:51 PM »
he looks like the wishmaster

kilgore.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 313
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #580 on: April 12, 2011, 02:12:49 AM »
you should of had him trying to punk out a dude a foot smaller than him and not doing shit.
No holds barred, til labias say "free us"
then its straight to your kids' school, wine coolers in the Prius

Donkey Lips

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #581 on: April 12, 2011, 04:27:09 AM »
you should of had him trying to punk out a dude a foot smaller than him and not doing shit.
That'll be the next one.

dlx111

• Rep: -58
« Reply #582 on: April 12, 2011, 04:58:03 PM »
I went to the Bulls-Magic game this afternoon, it was a good game but 1pm start time with a hangover was rough. Derrick Rose better get that MVP.
dude, i wouldve loved to see both jameers almost half court and almost game tier. I screamed at the t.v. when he made the ender 3, too bad though.

Lurkenstock

« Reply #583 on: April 12, 2011, 05:10:55 PM »
Hallelujah hollaback! The Knicks after a fuckin decade have finally had a winning season.  For those that didn't see, Melo hit another game winning shot tonight, so he's now hit 3 game winning shots since coming to the Knicks.  This'll sound like homerism, but I'd take him over any other player in the league to take the last shot, even stats show he's more accurate than kobe with the game on the line.  Now I'm just gonna pray with pretty much all other basketball fans that we see a Knicks/Heat 1st round matchup.
I feel you that the Knicks/Heat would have been epic but Knicks/Celtics will be a surprisingly good series.
The Knicks are about to play the Bulls on TNT right now, both have seven game winning streaks, should be an interesting nugget to tie us over until the playoffs start.
New York hasn't been in the playoffs since 2004 its about fucking time!

bentmode

• SLAP Pal
  • Da$h
« Reply #584 on: April 12, 2011, 05:20:23 PM »
Knicks fans need to calm down. There was never a chance of getting out of the first round.
Han solo blew up the Death Star in Episode 4.  Heard it from a friend.  Reliable source.

kilgore.

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #585 on: April 12, 2011, 05:37:55 PM »

James Tate

« Reply #586 on: April 12, 2011, 06:05:00 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
dude, i wouldve loved to see both jameers almost half court and almost game tier. I screamed at the t.v. when he made the ender 3, too bad though.

The one before half time was awesome. In the 4th quarter when there was 10 seconds on the clock but a few timeouts to try and stretch the game still, people were already out of their seats and leaving. Then they were within 3 with possession and he got the defender to jump, it looked like he hesitated too long deciding if he should try to jump into him to get the free throws and by the time he decided to take a real shot it was a little too late. This was the second game I went to this season, the other being OKC at Orlando, and had never really been inside a major sports arena until this year, these buildings are Coliseum level awe inspiring from the inside. The traffic getting to and leaving the stadium is terrible though, I-4 is more of a parking lot than highway half the time anyway but after Magic games are the absolute worst.

illmatic

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 22
  • g'd up from the feet up
« Reply #587 on: April 12, 2011, 06:35:13 PM »
thunder up!

i'm not gonna front playoffs are the only time i watch...
ugh, thanks rupert, I have been looking for the adio myspace website for quite some time...

All Hail Wu Welsh

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #588 on: April 12, 2011, 07:42:53 PM »
Expand Quote
Knicks fans need to calm down.
[close]
I'm just excited for the Knicks to be back in the playoffs, but you have to know damn well the mavs are just gonna lose after they make it out of the 1st round, if they even do that.

Beer Keg Peg Leg

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #589 on: April 12, 2011, 08:05:50 PM »
And yet you don't see him fronting like dirk is more clutch than kobe.

All Hail Wu Welsh

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #590 on: April 12, 2011, 08:25:56 PM »
« Last Edit: April 12, 2011, 08:27:42 PM by All Hail Wu Welsh »

Lurkenstock

« Reply #591 on: April 12, 2011, 11:15:09 PM »
Knicks fans need to calm down. There was never a chance of getting out of the first round.
Calm down why exactly?
Because we're excited about a team that has basically sucked for about ten years and now is in the playoffs for the first time in seven years and have not only Amar'e Stoudemire but  also fucking Carmelo Anthony on the team now?

Oh yeah and teams that are lower seeds always lose in the first round right?
I know it was a long time ago but the last time the Knicks made it to the finals they were a fucking eight seed and took out the Heat who were the top seed that season and NOBODY thought they would do shit that year in the playoffs.

I'm not saying they are gonna beat Boston but it will definitely be interesting and most likely closer than people think.
Regular season don't mean shit now, that's why it's so fun to watch the postseason.

kilgore.

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #592 on: April 13, 2011, 01:10:02 AM »
that was the lockout season, that shit doesn't even fucking count. no one said it won't be interesting. a game is always interesting when you got two stars who don't play defense but can score, definitely entertaining. new york homers are hyping the fuck out of their current situation, calm down, get some defensive minded players and an actual bench, and also fire d'antoni in the off season then come act like you're an actual title contender. rep your team to the fullest, for damn sure but don't front like they can win it all.

and to the mavs comment, give me a healthy butler and i would say we can make the finals, without a doubt. not because of him alone of course, but because of his intangibles and the way he spreads the floor and his defense, it really gives us that a piece that would fill us in properly. sucks dirk's getting up there in his years, this is his best squad yet, a defensive minded center who can score when in position, some one besides jason terry as a number 2 option for once. deep bench with defense and scoring. lots of pieces, just couldn't stay healthy but that's part of it. never know, butler could be back if we make it to the wcf.

oh and i do think dirk is more clutch than kobe, ;)

Beer Keg Peg Leg

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #593 on: April 13, 2011, 06:08:42 AM »
Stats don't lie, so if he were to argue that I could agree.
http://espn.go.com/blog/truehoop/post/_/id/24200/the-truth-about-kobe-bryant-in-crunch-time

stats lie. clutch is defined in the playoffs.  not only that, but that stat is since 1997. kobe has way better shot selection than he did just a few years agoI choose KObe no question bout it? The reason he shoots so poorly is because other coaches and teams constantly double team him in the clutch and most of the time he doesn?t pass out of it and takes terrible shots??If he was left alone in the clutch with his defender on an island like most of the other players he would be shooting at least 50 %. game 7 last shot of the series i always want kobe with the ball. so does almost every gm and coach in the nba for good reason. they understand that there are intangibles in basketball that are beyond any statistic. i'm not even a fucking lakers fan.

BallDontLie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 697
« Reply #594 on: April 13, 2011, 08:47:39 AM »
Yes, as D'antoni as your head coach, don't expect anything. I do agree, you never want to see a franchise be bad for long amounts of time. As mediocre as the bucks and bobcats (Atlanta for that matter) were  last season, it was refreshing to see them in the playoffs. I can see Philly taking someone to a game 7.

sums up antoni ha

if the mods were wu-tang, dean would be cappadonna

Jupiter

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 54
« Reply #595 on: April 13, 2011, 10:03:30 AM »

MVP  8)

Beeda Weeda

« Reply #596 on: April 13, 2011, 10:11:25 AM »
wow^

andrew bynum knee sprain=

bentmode

• SLAP Pal
  • Da$h
« Reply #597 on: April 13, 2011, 10:39:15 AM »
Dear Knicks fans,

Championship caliber teams play both sides of the floor. Boston in 5 games.

Respectfully,
                                                                                 Bentmania runnin wild.

All Hail Wu Welsh

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #598 on: April 13, 2011, 12:41:18 PM »
Expand Quote
Stats don't lie, so if he were to argue that I could agree.
http://espn.go.com/blog/truehoop/post/_/id/24200/the-truth-about-kobe-bryant-in-crunch-time
[close]

stats lie. clutch is defined in the playoffs.  not only that, but that stat is since 1997. kobe has way better shot selection than he did just a few years agoI choose KObe no question bout it? The reason he shoots so poorly is because other coaches and teams constantly double team him in the clutch and most of the time he doesn?t pass out of it and takes terrible shots??If he was left alone in the clutch with his defender on an island like most of the other players he would be shooting at least 50 %. game 7 last shot of the series i always want kobe with the ball. so does almost every gm and coach in the nba for good reason. they understand that there are intangibles in basketball that are beyond any statistic. i'm not even a fucking lakers fan.
no shit they're intangibles in basketball, and there are a lot of guys with better shooting percentages than on that list that I would never think of taking before kobe.  But do you honestly think coaches dont double team melo, dirk, or chris paul when they get the ball in the last seconds and they're that left on an island with their defender to score by themselves?  I'm not trying to argue that Kobe isn't clutch, but people overhype him way too fuckin much, and act like hes the only person in the league who can make a basket in the last seconds of a game.  Shit, did you forget how awful he played in last years game 7?

Donkey Lips

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #599 on: April 13, 2011, 12:44:06 PM »
He had a broken finger last year though, right?