Author Topic: NBA 2010-11  (Read 51442 times)

Ernie McCracken

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 35
Re: NBA 2010-11
« Reply #90 on: November 09, 2010, 10:28:00 PM »
Good night in the NBA

the Jazz took out the Heat in Miami. I looked at the score at half time and the Jazz were getting killed and I assumed the game was over... then I heard the news during the Laker game that the Heat lost their third game of the season and I couldn't believe it. Lebron has a triple double, Wade has 39 points, Bosh gets 17 and 9, and a 20+ point lead but that was no match for Paul Milsap who went off!  11 points in the last 30 seconds including the game tying basket at the buzzer! 46 total.

Indiana dropped 144 on the Nuggets and made 20 consecutive shots; yes 20

Hornets and Lakers remain undefeated.

manute bol

« Reply #91 on: November 09, 2010, 11:27:22 PM »
Stoked for the Pacers.  Thank you New Orleans for giving up Darren Collison. Thank you.

friendly dave

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 745
  • grinding to a halt
    • grindingtoahalt avatar image
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #92 on: November 09, 2010, 11:42:25 PM »
Another Blazers win. Bench squad was looking real good as a fast paced team tonight. Curious to see how that plays out.
Because you can't kill and idea, and we will not be ruled!

the visuals are also mad visual yo
FTW

kilgore.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 313
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #93 on: November 10, 2010, 12:56:33 AM »
Good night in the NBA

the Jazz took out the Heat in Miami. I looked at the score at half time and the Jazz were getting killed and I assumed the game was over... then I heard the news during the Laker game that the Heat lost their third game of the season and I couldn't believe it. Lebron has a triple double, Wade has 39 points, Bosh gets 17 and 9, and a 20+ point lead but that was no match for Paul Milsap who went off!  11 points in the last 30 seconds including the game tying basket at the buzzer! 46 total.

people in this thread watch basketball, your summary isn't needed.

but yes, the heat got millslap'd tonight.
No holds barred, til labias say "free us"
then its straight to your kids' school, wine coolers in the Prius

Donkey Lips

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 989
« Reply #94 on: November 10, 2010, 04:42:37 AM »
Shit, didn't realize the hornets were undefeated so far. That's sick.

og.milk

• Rep: 2
« Reply #95 on: November 10, 2010, 07:16:40 AM »
millsaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaap, that's maaah boy.

Ernie McCracken

« Reply #96 on: November 10, 2010, 11:25:20 AM »
Expand Quote
Good night in the NBA

[close]

people in this thread watch basketball, your summary isn't needed.

but yes, the heat got millslap'd tonight.

Well I thought it was necessary to reiterate some worthy story lines because it was a great night in the NBA and in case anyone missed it or needed a quick catch up on what went down. Not everyone is able to watch basketball every night.

tiger woods

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 145
« Reply #97 on: November 10, 2010, 11:45:21 AM »
ya, but it wasn't a great night in the nba at all. any legit big in the league is going to have a good game against the heat, simply because chris bosh is a bitch and they have no front court whatsoever. its pretty obvious millsap is going to shine now that boozer is gone and the addition of al jefferson.

the nuggets only play to their opponent's level, not to mention they were on a back to back after playing chicago the night before and the lakers coming up tmrw.

Ernie McCracken

« Reply #98 on: November 10, 2010, 12:53:54 PM »
ya, but it wasn't a great night in the nba at all. any legit big in the league is going to have a good game against the heat, simply because chris bosh is a bitch and they have no front court whatsoever. its pretty obvious millsap is going to shine now that boozer is gone and the addition of al jefferson.

the nuggets only play to their opponent's level, not to mention they were on a back to back after playing chicago the night before and the lakers coming up tmrw.

it was an interesting night to say the least. yeah the overall outcomes may not be that great but how it was done was.  Utah was getting killed, and I know Millsap is going to shine but 46 points? didn't expect that. Also hitting all those threes in the last minute when he had been 0 - 13 on the season from three point land was great to watch.

the Pacers beating the nuggets is besides the point, I was pointing out they made 20 straight field goals in the third quarter (20 out of 21 and the guy shot some ridiculous three pointer at the end of the quarter because he didn't know they had been perfect). I don't think we are going to see that again.

MexicanSpaniard

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 695
  • S&H
« Reply #99 on: November 10, 2010, 01:52:17 PM »
Any legit team can beat the nuggets.

Jupiter

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 54
« Reply #100 on: November 10, 2010, 07:22:31 PM »
rockets fucking suck.

we need to tank for harrison barnes

Ernie McCracken

« Reply #101 on: November 10, 2010, 07:47:06 PM »
The Jazz mean business. Miami and Orlando back to back holy shit.

bentmode

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 211
  • Da$h
« Reply #102 on: November 10, 2010, 07:48:16 PM »
clips down by 7 at the half. i just might stick around for another gut wrenching loss.

fuck you san antonio. so old you might as well be starting david robinson still.
Han solo blew up the Death Star in Episode 4.  Heard it from a friend.  Reliable source.

MexicanSpaniard

• SLAP Pal
  • S&H
« Reply #103 on: November 10, 2010, 08:59:26 PM »
clips down by 7 at the half. i just might stick around for another gut wrenching loss.

fuck you san antonio. so old you might as well be starting david robinson still.
Fuck you, his back still hurts.

yeahisaidit

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 94
« Reply #104 on: November 10, 2010, 09:01:57 PM »
damn. john wall already getting triple doubles

tiger woods

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #105 on: November 10, 2010, 10:00:16 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

it was an interesting night to say the least. yeah the overall outcomes may not be that great but how it was done was.  Utah was getting killed, and I know Millsap is going to shine but 46 points? didn't expect that. Also hitting all those threes in the last minute when he had been 0 - 13 on the season from three point land was great to watch.

the Pacers beating the nuggets is besides the point, I was pointing out they made 20 straight field goals in the third quarter (20 out of 21 and the guy shot some ridiculous three pointer at the end of the quarter because he didn't know they had been perfect). I don't think we are going to see that again.

ya, that's fucking cool and all, but lets be honest, the heat don't know what the fuck they are doing out there, especially in crucial times in the game. they have the talent to do so, but they are in no way whatsoever a team. orlando has and always will be overrated as fuck. the jazz will still get that ass beat by the top 3 teams in the west. and no one will ever give a fuck about the indiana pacers and reggie miller can eat a dick, larry bird is a respectable guy in my book tho.

and ya maurice, i said that shit, once bynum gets back and finally learns his role and lets gasol get his touches on offense and just stays focused on rebounding and defense, they'll be unstoppable. i don't really need to talk about how they can get any shot they want to out of the triangle, their bench is looking better than the past 2 years and it'd be nice to see them sweep boston in the finals so phil can ride out
« Last Edit: November 10, 2010, 10:02:44 PM by tiger woods »

MexicanSpaniard

• SLAP Pal
  • S&H
« Reply #106 on: November 10, 2010, 10:03:45 PM »
kObe raped a white girls ass up the highway in Eagle, Co, is married and bitches/ho's still love to pretend he sucks at baketball. Whatever, LOS SPURS 6 and 1 in twothousandten.

bentmode

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 211
  • Da$h
« Reply #107 on: November 10, 2010, 10:56:06 PM »
richard jeffersons ears are so small he has to wear these.

Han solo blew up the Death Star in Episode 4.  Heard it from a friend.  Reliable source.

Ernie McCracken

« Reply #108 on: November 10, 2010, 11:08:24 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

it was an interesting night to say the least. yeah the overall outcomes may not be that great but how it was done was. �Utah was getting killed, and I know Millsap is going to shine but 46 points? didn't expect that. Also hitting all those threes in the last minute when he had been 0 - 13 on the season from three point land was great to watch.

[close]

ya, that's fucking cool and all, but lets be honest, the heat don't know what the fuck they are doing out there, especially in crucial times in the game. they have the talent to do so, but they are in no way whatsoever a team. orlando has and always will be overrated as fuck. the jazz will still get that ass beat by the top 3 teams in the west. and no one will ever give a fuck about the indiana pacers and reggie miller can eat a dick, larry bird is a respectable guy in my book tho.

and ya maurice, i said that shit, once bynum gets back and finally learns his role and lets gasol get his touches on offense and just stays focused on rebounding and defense, they'll be unstoppable. i don't really need to talk about how they can get any shot they want to out of the triangle, their bench is looking better than the past 2 years and it'd be nice to see them sweep boston in the finals so phil can ride out

Amen to that brother.

Like I said, the outcomes of the games were not the point. I agree with you on the orlando being a bit overrated, that no one gives a shit about the pacers and they aren't going anywhere, but those great performances are fun to watch.  Just because Utah won't get by the top western conference teams doesn't mean I'm going to tune out an Jazz exciting game and say"eh who cares they are going to lose in the second round anyways." If all you do is look at the big picture then there is really no point in watching the regular season. It's more fun taking in one regular season game at a time.

This whole notion that the Heat "have no clue what they are doing out there" is not reasonable. Especially in crucial parts of the game? Wade was going off and getting his, Lebron was getting to the free throw line at will, Bosh was even making key shots late in the game, but they were missing free throws while Paul Millsap was draining 3's out of nowhere.   Just because three superstars are getting used to playing with each other doesn't mean they are not capable holding a 19 point halftime lead at home, especially since they have had great defense though this early season. The Heat will be better on months to come, but they will not be some drastically changed team that looks nothing like they do now.

tiger woods

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #109 on: November 11, 2010, 07:45:51 AM »
but see, there really is no point in watching the regular season. sure, its cool to past the time and shit watching all the games and having the media blow up every single headline of every game every night, butt fuck all that, the regular season is just a gauntlet for teams, where staying healthy and becoming a cohesive unit on both ends of the floor are key to making thru into the real season, the postseason. 

i can't even believe you put the words "great defense" and "miami heat" in the same sentence. you serious?! the heat have no defense whatsoever! i've seen them play in person already a couple times this yr, and have seen the rest of games on tv, and i have yet to see 1 good team defensive performance from them.

and yea, miami don't know what they are doing out there, i don't care about their big 3 getting "theirs", they are expected to. they don't play like team at all and these fucks have given the ball to EDDIE HOUSE to take the last shot of the game on numerous occasions already this yr. now, if that's not knowing what the fuck they are doing out there, i don't know what is, that motherfucker is seriously top 3 worst players ever to throw on a nba jersey. 

Jupiter

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #110 on: November 11, 2010, 08:15:51 AM »
miami has a great perimeter defense. they just struggle with big men cause they have no enforcer in the paint.

Mackattack

« Reply #111 on: November 11, 2010, 10:29:05 AM »
Lebron should have just went to New York...

Ernie McCracken

« Reply #112 on: November 11, 2010, 11:56:31 AM »
but see, there really is no point in watching the regular season. sure, its cool to past the time and shit watching all the games and having the media blow up every single headline of every game every night, butt fuck all that, the regular season is just a gauntlet for teams, where staying healthy and becoming a cohesive unit on both ends of the floor are key to making thru into the real season, the postseason. 

i can't even believe you put the words "great defense" and "miami heat" in the same sentence. you serious?! the heat have no defense whatsoever! i've seen them play in person already a couple times this yr, and have seen the rest of games on tv, and i have yet to see 1 good team defensive performance from them.

and yea, miami don't know what they are doing out there, i don't care about their big 3 getting "theirs", they are expected to. they don't play like team at all and these fucks have given the ball to EDDIE HOUSE to take the last shot of the game on numerous occasions already this yr. now, if that's not knowing what the fuck they are doing out there, i don't know what is, that motherfucker is seriously top 3 worst players ever to throw on a nba jersey. 

Miami does have great perimeter defense, In the games I watched they suffocated the shit out of the bulls and nets.  They are number 1 in fewest points given up by only allowing 90.1 points per game. Number 1 in lowest opponent FG%. I think that is pretty decent. Haha fucking Eddie House. You are totally right. That guy seriously takes some of the dumbest shots I have seen.

kilgore.

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #113 on: November 11, 2010, 12:12:22 PM »

you honestly think this team is better than 2000-2003 lakers...?

Fongstarr.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 319
« Reply #114 on: November 11, 2010, 01:25:31 PM »
Lebron should have just went to New York...

Or even stayed in Cleveland for that matter. Lebron is in a lose/lose situation unless he takes the Heat and wins the NBA finals. If he was in Cleveland or even New York, all he had to do was get the the playoffs and he would have been a winner to most people out there. 

Man....I love stubhub.com. Some cheap ass tickets going on sale up there. Going to the Detroit and Warrior game next week for $6. Warriors are at best start they had in a while, even though it is early. It's just nice to see them win for a change.
I'll fuckin
I'll fuckin
sew your asshole closed, and keep feedin you
and feedin you, and feedin you, and feedin you!

tiger woods

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #115 on: November 11, 2010, 05:14:15 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

yeah, i'm prolly going out on limb here since its way early in the yr, but this laker squad will more than likely go down as one of the best laker teams ever.

they have the ultimate blueprint to winning championships now, they can really shut teams on defense in man or in zone, two dominate 7 footers, solid leadership at the pg position in fish, the greatest coach that ever lived, and i don't even to speak on this generation's michael jordan in kobe. their bench mob is the best i've seen in years with barnes and shannon brown really coming into his own early on. i know they got theo ratliff which fucks everything up, but shit man, i don't see any team that can fuck with these lakers in a 7 game series

i'm at the heat game right now waiting for this shit to crack off, i'm really hoping that'll i'll be watching the best game that the heat will play all season, and really hoping that carlos arroyo doesn't get boy'd by rondo all night.  

Ernie McCracken

« Reply #116 on: November 11, 2010, 05:43:20 PM »
Damn you are at this game? How much did your tickets go for? They aren't looking good so far. Even though I hate Nate Robinson, his technical foul was completely uncalled for. Does anybody else think that new rule of calling technical fouls for the slightest emotion is a joke?
« Last Edit: November 11, 2010, 05:46:59 PM by daydreamnation »

Mackattack

« Reply #117 on: November 11, 2010, 06:01:09 PM »
Damn you are at this game? How much did your tickets go for? They aren't looking good so far. Even though I hate Nate Robinson, his technical foul was completely uncalled for. Does anybody else think that new rule of calling technical fouls for the slightest emotion is a joke?

He raised his fucking hand and said one word.

Jupiter

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #118 on: November 11, 2010, 07:12:17 PM »
the problem right now with the heat is erik spoelstra.

he runs a shitty offense. phil jackson and his triangle promotes ball movement while spoelstra relys on basic pick and rolls.

he can coach defense but sucks at offense.

they need pat riley

kilgore.

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #119 on: November 11, 2010, 07:49:26 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

yeah, i'm prolly going out on limb here since its way early in the yr, but this laker squad will more than likely go down as one of the best laker teams ever.

they have the ultimate blueprint to winning championships now, they can really shut teams on defense in man or in zone, two dominate 7 footers, solid leadership at the pg position in fish, the greatest coach that ever lived, and i don't even to speak on this generation's michael jordan in kobe. their bench mob is the best i've seen in years with barnes and shannon brown really coming into his own early on. i know they got theo ratliff which fucks everything up, but shit man, i don't see any team that can fuck with these lakers in a 7 game series

i'm at the heat game right now waiting for this shit to crack off, i'm really hoping that'll i'll be watching the best game that the heat will play all season, and really hoping that carlos arroyo doesn't get boy'd by rondo all night.  

definitely out on a limb, if they win this year, i'll give them the title of best lakers team in this three peat, they aren't touching any of the last 3peats team, it's just not happening. we could also debate about some of the 80s team ya, but definitely not the 87' team. they could beat the 70's lakers i'll give em' that with maybe one exception but that's a reach. and the mikan era isn't even a question....
their bench is the best it's been in years, ya, hope you didn't mean best you've actually seen of any team in years or i'd have to question how you look at basketball games. and i'll bite my tongue on calling bynum dominant, and this generation's poor man's jordan* good luck to ya this season though.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2010, 09:44:41 PM by kilgore. »