Author Topic: Truck set-ups  (Read 881886 times)

hobochimp

• Rep: -4
Re: Truck set-ups
« Reply #9780 on: Today at 12:15:01 PM »
Anyone running 139s on an 8.25? Been enjoying my screw around 8 inch deck recently, but I want to try out the 8.25 shape Polar does. I know Andrew Reynolds has always been on 139s on bigger boards, but I'm curious how the more average skater feels about this setup. The weight and height of standard 139's has just been feeling great.

JimGeko

• Rep: 12
« Reply #9781 on: Today at 12:38:48 PM »
Anyone running 139s on an 8.25? Been enjoying my screw around 8 inch deck recently, but I want to try out the 8.25 shape Polar does. I know Andrew Reynolds has always been on 139s on bigger boards, but I'm curious how the more average skater feels about this setup. The weight and height of standard 139's has just been feeling great.

Yeah I rock 139 venture on a 8.25 and it fells fine.
What do you say on a Slap signature?

I DON"T KNOW!

MASHED POTATO * APPLE SAUCE * BUTTERY... BISCUITS.

ballintoohard

• Rep: -56
« Reply #9782 on: Today at 01:48:44 PM »
I've ridden 139 on that Polar shape, but prefer the Polar 8" shape which is almost identical aside from the width and a 1/8" longer tail

tzhangdox

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 102
« Reply #9783 on: Today at 02:27:51 PM »
Maybe this should go in the bearing thread, but does anyone not run inside axle washers? I used to run one as normal, but want to have my wheels a tiny bit more tucked in. Dont have shields, so those wont rub on the side of the hanger, I don't see anything else besides the inner bearing race making contact... is that a problem?

Ok

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 139
« Reply #9784 on: Today at 06:10:52 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Yeah I rock 139 venture on a 8.25 and it fells fine.

Big fan of those proportions. You can always docs your wheels a little further out with washers if you need as well.

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 857
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #9785 on: Today at 06:51:53 PM »
I think on nine club they mention ishod runs this set up too...

Mbrimson88

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 54
  • Aussie skate shop guy
« Reply #9786 on: Today at 08:15:07 PM »
Maybe this should go in the bearing thread, but does anyone not run inside axle washers? I used to run one as normal, but want to have my wheels a tiny bit more tucked in. Dont have shields, so those wont rub on the side of the hanger, I don't see anything else besides the inner bearing race making contact... is that a problem?

If the truck is not rubbing on the moving parts of the bearing or wheel, then go for it!

Yes having more washers moves wheels out (up a whole size of truck if you have 3 on the inside of each) and not having any on the inside brings the trucks down some too.

I talk too much about skateboards.  Sorry.

Ok

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 139
« Reply #9787 on: Today at 08:21:02 PM »
3 washers on the hanger side gives the same wheel
Position as the next size up in trucks? Interesting.

tzhangdox

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 102
« Reply #9788 on: Today at 08:26:28 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

If the truck is not rubbing on the moving parts of the bearing or wheel, then go for it!

Expand Quote
[close]

Yes having more washers moves wheels out (up a whole size of truck if you have 3 on the inside of each) and not having any on the inside brings the trucks down some too.

Yeah ages ago on ace 44s I used to do about 3 washers on the inside so that they felt like a true 8.5 truck give or take. On venture 5.8s I normally just do one inside two on the outside but wanted to see what it was like with none on the inside. Its only the inner race that touches the truck (it would touch the washer otherwise), and the inner race isnt really meant to spin anyway so I think it should be ok. Hopefully I dont end up regretting this and having a bunch of blown out swiss in a few weeks

Mbrimson88

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 54
  • Aussie skate shop guy
« Reply #9789 on: Today at 08:30:45 PM »
3 washers on the hanger side gives the same wheel
Position as the next size up in trucks? Interesting.

More so for the Indy 139 - 144 - 149 sizes, but I put three on the inside of my 149s with bigger wheels and it almost lines up to the single washer on a set of 159s that I have with not so wide wheels.

If the washer is about 1mm in width, an extra 4 mm in total wheel push out definitely makes a difference.

I talk too much about skateboards.  Sorry.