Author Topic: Wheels Thread  (Read 374346 times)

hiljentaa

• Rep: 0
Re: Wheels Thread
« Reply #3570 on: January 20, 2021, 03:13:01 PM »
That's a bummer to hear about the bearing seat on OG Classics isn't holding well.

I really like the idea of those wheels by their dimensions and have had em in my 'cart' on a couple sites for awhile.

Also, I sent an email to Jeremy re: the dimensions on the 46mm HookUps wheels he's sellin' (& a shipping question), but he never got back to me. :(

Mbrimson88

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 54
  • Aussie skate shop guy
« Reply #3571 on: January 20, 2021, 04:34:43 PM »

Sounds unfortunate, but if they are faulty, get them sorted.  That's all there is to it. Christmas presents usually have someone who gave it to you, somewhere they bought them, some sort of warranty process, but failing that as you have done, they were gifted to you and without receipt, let DLX know and they should be able to sort them out.

Weird how things like this happen, but unless you want some nice wheels you have sitting on a shelf, you need to get moving on that and make sure you get them sorted sooner rather than later.

Not trying to be a pushy know it all, but they will not do anything if they do not know about them.

I talk too much about skateboards.  Sorry.

DeepSpace9mm

• Rep: 1
« Reply #3572 on: January 20, 2021, 05:41:18 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Weird how things like this happen, but unless you want some nice wheels you have sitting on a shelf, you need to get moving on that and make sure you get them sorted sooner rather than later.

Not trying to be a pushy know it all, but they will not do anything if they do not know about them.

Yeah, youíre totally right. Thanks

And you did not come off like a pushy know it all.

hiljentaa

« Reply #3573 on: January 21, 2021, 03:29:27 PM »
I'm curious about how the Bones V3 99a feel in comparison to F4 99a Classics.

Can anyone who has ridden both formulas compare how they feel? I've never ridden Bones wheels before.

TheLowerBack

• Rep: 33
  • GTU/FWD
« Reply #3574 on: January 21, 2021, 03:52:21 PM »
Found the site. It looks like they also make normal sized bearings too

https://sm00thie.com/
Super interesting. Not sure if itís worth the price tag just to try something new.

off

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 123
  • no gods no masters
« Reply #3575 on: January 21, 2021, 04:27:37 PM »
anyone got any big spitfires (originally 56-60mm) that are worn down to 53 or lower that they are willing to sell? cant wear them down myself due to truck height

Sundaynuggets

• Rep: 69
« Reply #3576 on: January 21, 2021, 04:43:46 PM »
I'm curious about how the Bones V3 99a feel in comparison to F4 99a Classics.

Can anyone who has ridden both formulas compare how they feel? I've never ridden Bones wheels before.

I havenít ridden those shapes, but Iíve skated both formulas. When the 99a bones easy streets came out, the white ones slid almost as well as F4 99a and felt a hair softer, also seemed a little slower. Those were white colored urethane. After those, I tried a couple sets of the natural colored urethane and those felt significantly grippier, a little harder, and seemed faster though not as much as F4.

Ultimately, the newer Easy street 99a donít do anything as well as F4 imo and when I want to ride something a little grippier I prefer NFGMFG/Loopholes. Those grip a little more but still slide well enough and the urethane, though harder than 99a feel nicer on streets with a little crust than Easy streets.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2021, 05:00:47 PM by Sundaynuggets »

hiljentaa

« Reply #3577 on: January 21, 2021, 05:09:07 PM »

I havenít ridden those shapes, but Iíve skated both formulas. When the 99a bones easy streets came out, the white ones slid almost as well as F4 99a and felt a hair softer, also seemed a little slower. Those were white colored urethane. After those, I tried a couple sets of the natural colored urethane and those felt significantly grippier, a little harder, and seemed faster though not as much as F4.

Ultimately, the newer Easy street 99a donít do anything as well as F4 imo and when I want to ride something a little grippier I prefer NFGMFG/Loopholes. Those grip a little more but still slide well enough and the urethane, though harder than 99a feel nicer on streets with a little crust than Easy streets.

Man, really appreciate this response. All the info I needed, including white v. natural. Thanks man.

The skinnier width of the V3s really appeals to me, but it sounds like I'm better off with the F4s.

Sundaynuggets

• Rep: 69
« Reply #3578 on: January 21, 2021, 05:25:49 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Man, really appreciate this response. All the info I needed, including white v. natural. Thanks man.

The skinnier width of the V3s really appeals to me, but it sounds like I'm better off with the F4s.

No problem, glad to help!

Mbrimson88

• SLAP Pal
  • Aussie skate shop guy
« Reply #3579 on: January 21, 2021, 06:22:13 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

I would say YES to that too, Spitfire F4 over Bones, but it is a close race and depends more on brand preference.

Mbrimson88

• SLAP Pal
  • Aussie skate shop guy
« Reply #3580 on: January 21, 2021, 06:27:55 PM »
Expand Quote
Found the site. It looks like they also make normal sized bearings too

https://sm00thie.com/
[close]
Super interesting. Not sure if itís worth the price tag just to try something new.

The most frustrating thing with "something different" to standard specifications is availability.

I have seen people caught out before with different spec product, eg micro bearings, so when they stopped making them, then you are limited in what you can do with that product.

Nice to try something new, but if for whatever reason that company closes tomorrow, you are stuck with product that has a very limited life and no way to replace parts when needed.

Some people might argue that it is faster, smoother, the company is stable, not about to go bust or whatever, but the unfortunate thing is when the time comes, no one else is going to make that product, so I would rather be happy riding something I know I can replace easily at any time with anything from almost any brand / shop if or when needed.

rocklobster

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 468
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #3581 on: January 21, 2021, 07:23:17 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

No problem, glad to help!

Bones STF / Easy Streets are good, but Spitfires are just better.

V3s are ok for parks but unforgiving for crusty road.
Did any of you guys ever notice that if you took off the end "er" from his name, moved the "b" to after the "i" and then added an "l" to the "b" that you just moved, you'd spell "Bible"?

yourbreakfsat

• Rep: 87
« Reply #3582 on: January 22, 2021, 05:27:32 PM »

https://welcomeskateboards.com/collections/wheels/products/orbs-ghost-lites-52mm-white-black

White = 52mm
Pink = 54mm
Blue = 56mm

Why reintroduce a concept that's already been proven to fail? More importantly, which one of you guys are going to try this out? Cause $44 is not cheap for a factually failed concept

shitsandwich

• Rep: -57
« Reply #3583 on: Today at 03:19:33 PM »
I've ridden bones stf for many years but I've been looking for blue wheels for forever. Finally got some pig ones, never had pig so hopefully they aren't so bad.

Mbrimson88

• SLAP Pal
  • Aussie skate shop guy
« Reply #3584 on: Today at 07:53:05 PM »

https://welcomeskateboards.com/collections/wheels/products/orbs-ghost-lites-52mm-white-black

White = 52mm
Pink = 54mm
Blue = 56mm

Why reintroduce a concept that's already been proven to fail? More importantly, which one of you guys are going to try this out? Cause $44 is not cheap for a factually failed concept

It's a funny thing isn't it.  I still have a few sets of used Spitfire firelights and never would skate them, or any other cored wheel again, but that is just me.

Some people like different things and gimmicks always sell well to a select few, so most likely will be cool for a minute for someone.

There is always someone trying to make something that they think might sell well, in the same way there will always be someone ready to fund business ventures that had been deemed unsuccessful in the past, but it is their money and their time, so whatever really.

They are not something I would ever sell or recommend in my shop, but with the shortages of wheels and other top level product, lots more lower level brands are getting a lot more than a foot in that door right now too.

TwisT

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 168
« Reply #3585 on: Today at 08:25:27 PM »
Other than cores popping out, is there something Iím missing with the welcome orbs wheel design?

Mbrimson88

• SLAP Pal
  • Aussie skate shop guy
« Reply #3586 on: Today at 08:34:47 PM »
Other than cores popping out, is there something Iím missing with the welcome orbs wheel design?

I think that was the biggest issue when those sort of wheels were around previously.

Some had a better bond between the urethane and the core, but for the most part, they will all come away sooner or later.