Author Topic: Ace trucks  (Read 739014 times)

j....soy.....

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1568
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Re: Ace trucks
« Reply #420 on: August 23, 2016, 08:50:26 PM »
Hey for you guys who run the krux or flipped kingpins....how do you keep the nut from spinning in the baseplate?

Krooked antihero

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 157
« Reply #421 on: August 23, 2016, 11:27:01 PM »
Quote from: Krooked antihero  link=topic=48056.msg2540206#msg2540206 date=1471978464
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
My local shop has the Krux bushings for 9�. I live in Finland. They seem to charge 20� for international shipping, which is outrageous for bushings. I could go get them and mail them to you in an envelope if you can't find them elsewhere for a sensible price. Dunno how much mailing a letter to France would be, but should be a lot less than 20� at least.
[close]

Which one, you live in turku right?
[close]

Dylan's Trading

At least they've got them on their website. Haven't asked in the shop.
Cheers, now i finally have a reason to go check that place out!
europe's like the capitol of england and france and whatever

It sucks getting old.

Thomas

• Rep: 20
  • no pop no style
« Reply #422 on: August 23, 2016, 11:48:42 PM »
My local shop has the Krux bushings for 9�. I live in Finland. They seem to charge 20� for international shipping, which is outrageous for bushings. I could go get them and mail them to you in an envelope if you can't find them elsewhere for a sensible price. Dunno how much mailing a letter to France would be, but should be a lot less than 20� at least.

That's very kind of you, but I managed to find them on eBay from UK yesterday, it was 15€ shipping included, which is OK compared to Bones...
Can't wait to try them !

I don't know what's going on with international shipping rate, I went to the post office yesterday to send a Ace baseplate to USA for warranty, it was like 26€... Can have a whole truck for this price...
Possibilities are everywhere, search and enjoy.

ferraveemo

• Rep: 23
« Reply #423 on: August 25, 2016, 01:14:08 AM »
Just received these!

and here's the comparison...

Ace Top's on the Left and Krux Tops on the right

I put them both(Top's Only) on my Regular and Cruiser Set ups(Both Ace 44's). Didn't have to break them in like everyone said and it finally gave me that "broken-in" Ace signature turn. My only grief about them is that they kinda give your board a soggy sound or that sound that you get with soft wheels and this is only for my regular set up with 99a wheels. So for those that like to have the nut flush or don't want a part of the kingpin to stick out past the nut. your gonna have to finger tighten it and use a tool and turn it one time  around and 3 quarters for the 2nd turn almost all the way around. It should only leave about a millimeter of kingpin, so about the same look as when you first get it out of the bag/skateshop. i guess that i can let go because it actually keeps it intact and gives you more of a highly responsive/surfy turn but not too bouncy of a rebound. so more stable loose than wobbly loose.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2016, 01:20:00 AM by ferraveemo »

Jud Nestorkins

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -59
  • Only YOU can prevent corporate espionage.
« Reply #424 on: August 31, 2016, 05:02:17 PM »
I almost always ride silver trucks but this color combo is pure sex. Anyone know if they are the redesigns?

http://www.tactics.com/ace/44-hi-skateboard-trucks/diamond-black

Showerface

• Rep: -7
« Reply #425 on: August 31, 2016, 05:24:40 PM »
^OG's

Jud Nestorkins

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -59
  • Only YOU can prevent corporate espionage.
« Reply #426 on: August 31, 2016, 07:36:22 PM »

yourfuckingdad

« Reply #427 on: September 02, 2016, 12:46:58 PM »
How much do Ace weigh compared to Indy's? I've been riding a set of Indy 169's (the ~9" ones) for years but they're heavy as shit. Are Aces  any lighter?

Roisto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 474
« Reply #428 on: September 02, 2016, 01:14:28 PM »
According to this table:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/13rCMIthFb59Y-xrveasWk4GqR9jgd85fXDCIFm3g15I/edit
posted by Deekay in the Royal trucks thread just a while ago, the Ace 44s are 365g and Indy 149s 394g. So, the Indy is ~8% heavier than the Ace. Not much, but might be noticeable. I suck anyway, so I don't notice such, even though I have both on two different set ups right now.

GOATMOON

• Rep: -1
« Reply #429 on: September 02, 2016, 01:33:27 PM »
According to this table:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/13rCMIthFb59Y-xrveasWk4GqR9jgd85fXDCIFm3g15I/edit
posted by Deekay in the Royal trucks thread just a while ago, the Ace 44s are 365g and Indy 149s 394g. So, the Indy is ~8% heavier than the Ace. Not much, but might be noticeable. I suck anyway, so I don't notice such, even though I have both on two different set ups right now.
That chart is helpful but I'm pretty sure the info is at least 2-3 years old and ACE beefed up their hangers not too long ago, so  they're definitely a bit heavier now.

BMCsteve

« Reply #430 on: September 02, 2016, 01:56:51 PM »
Expand Quote
According to this table:
[close]
That chart is helpful but I'm pretty sure the info is at least 2-3 years old and ACE beefed up their hangers not too long ago, so  they're definitely a bit heavier now.

The current Ace 44's weigh 392g.  Regular Indy 149 are 394g and Indy Ti 149 are 339g

yourfuckingdad

« Reply #431 on: September 03, 2016, 09:55:06 PM »
Word thanks.
The guy who makes my boards also uses hella glue which makes them surprisingly heavy (relative to normal skateshop decks).

Do lighter wheels exist that don't suck? My friend in middle school had these hollow core Flip wheels that broke in half after a few weeks lol.

Jake From State Farm

« Reply #432 on: September 03, 2016, 09:59:46 PM »
Word thanks.
The guy who makes my boards also uses hella glue which makes them surprisingly heavy (relative to normal skateshop decks).

Do lighter wheels exist that don't suck? My friend in middle school had these hollow core Flip wheels that broke in half after a few weeks lol.

Welcome orbs. The ones with the cores that Spitfire used to do.

But let's not derail this thread! The redesigns still bend. Any experience with the warranty as of lately?

yourfuckingdad

« Reply #433 on: September 04, 2016, 02:48:24 PM »
Expand Quote
Word thanks.

[close]

But let's not derail this thread! The redesigns still bend. Any experience with the warranty as of lately?

thanks dawg

Thomas

• no pop no style
« Reply #434 on: September 05, 2016, 01:35:10 AM »
Expand Quote
Word thanks.

[close]

My 44's are still OK, 3 months old. I'm 130 lbs btw...

Hannity

« Reply #435 on: September 05, 2016, 07:06:06 AM »
i've been riding new 44s for the last 6 months and they're holding up well. i'm 6'2", 165lbs and they still feel sturdy as ever. but i don't jump down gaps or stairs, so they're probably much less prone to bending.

Xen

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 939
  • U neg cuz UR insecure-glad I got under your skin
« Reply #436 on: September 06, 2016, 12:10:06 PM »
Hey for you guys who run the krux or flipped kingpins....how do you keep the nut from spinning in the baseplate?

I use:

http://www.jbweld.com/products/steelstik-epoxy-putty-stick

Thomas

• no pop no style
« Reply #437 on: September 07, 2016, 12:08:19 AM »
For those who are using Krux bushings (both), are you riding them so loose that you can rotate the top washer by hand ?
Mine are like this, even if I got about 1mm of kingpin sticking out.

It's perfectly OK to skate, but I don't know if it will hold a long time.

Main

• Rep: -208
« Reply #438 on: September 07, 2016, 09:52:57 AM »
For those who are using Krux bushings (both), are you riding them so loose that you can rotate the top washer by hand ?

I make sure to tighten the nut down just enough so that I can't spin the top washer with my fingers. That way the Krux bushings and washers are secure on the kingpin and not sliding up and down. Still a nice and loose ride.

N.L.

« Reply #439 on: September 07, 2016, 12:16:41 PM »
Main's right. They only thing that matters is that you engage the plastic in the kingpin nut.

jamersonbass

• Rep: 70
« Reply #440 on: September 07, 2016, 04:54:27 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

I make sure to tighten the nut down just enough so that I can't spin the top washer with my fingers. That way the Krux bushings and washers are secure on the kingpin and not sliding up and down. Still a nice and loose ride.

I'm used to riding Indy and Thunder's finger tight on the axle nut.  The decreased height of the Krux top bushing had me feeling weird about seeing so many threads (at least 3) on the kingpin nut.  I haven't skated it yet, but randomly threw the stock Ace top bushings back on for no apparent reason but to have less threads sticking out.  Should be able to get back out tomorrow night.

Been on the redesign 44's for almost a month.  Really like the height, turn, and the feel on grinds.  Hate the stock bushings, and wish a better manufacturer would make bushings in the same dimension ala Indy.

Main

« Reply #441 on: September 07, 2016, 06:51:35 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

I'm used to riding Indy and Thunder's finger tight on the axle nut.  The decreased height of the Krux top bushing had me feeling weird about seeing so many threads (at least 3) on the kingpin nut.  I haven't skated it yet, but randomly threw the stock Ace top bushings back on for no apparent reason but to have less threads sticking out.  Should be able to get back out tomorrow night.

Been on the redesign 44's for almost a month.  Really like the height, turn, and the feel on grinds.  Hate the stock bushings, and wish a better manufacturer would make bushings in the same dimension ala Indy.

I experimented with Ace top bushings and Krux bottom and it felt as if I never swapped the bushings out to begin with. The Ace top is really what is restricting the turning on the newer design Ace's. They need to manufacture them with slightly shorter top bushings and also make the durometer not so hard.

Thomas

• no pop no style
« Reply #442 on: September 08, 2016, 08:03:52 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

OK thanks, I'll try !

ChuckRamone

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 523
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #443 on: September 08, 2016, 09:48:19 AM »
what does "finger tight" mean? does that mean you take the nut off and tighten it as much as you can with your fingers? or am I getting this totally wrong?

Main

« Reply #444 on: September 08, 2016, 11:42:15 AM »
what does "finger tight" mean? does that mean you take the nut off and tighten it as much as you can with your fingers? or am I getting this totally wrong?

Correct.

Xen

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 939
  • U neg cuz UR insecure-glad I got under your skin
« Reply #445 on: September 08, 2016, 12:52:07 PM »

I swear there is a mom joke in there somewhere.

Main

« Reply #446 on: September 12, 2016, 06:10:24 PM »
The redesigns still bend. Any experience with the warranty as of lately?

I meant to comment on this. Can you post a pic? I'm curious to see how bad it is.

ChuckRamone

• SLAP Pal
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #447 on: September 15, 2016, 07:56:50 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I swear there is a mom joke in there somewhere.

I told your mom to make it finger tight and she took my nut off and tightened it as much as she could with her finger strength.

Main

« Reply #448 on: September 16, 2016, 11:20:23 AM »
Never really had a problem with Ace pivot cups, just squeaky like all other stock ones. Thinking about getting some Khiro's for shits. I'm 220lbs, should I go with hards or softs? Do the hards restrict the turning at all?

ChuckRamone

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #449 on: September 24, 2016, 04:32:37 PM »