Author Topic: Ace trucks  (Read 747530 times)

Dustwardprez

Re: Ace trucks
« Reply #1200 on: April 21, 2019, 10:14:37 AM »
Ace bushings are kind of a weird size. I don't think the top bones would be a great fit especially since the top ace is kinda large. I don't know though, just try it. It would take like 10 minutes. But also, the new ace bushing are the best bushings (urethane formula wise) of all time, hands down.

I been riding a medium up top for little over a year. The stock bushings too idk? I can’t bounce out of crooks with the truck wide open and the stock top. I like the stock bottom bushings.

Dustwardprez

« Reply #1201 on: April 21, 2019, 10:27:58 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Nonsense. Sounds like they have some stuff in the works this year.
[close]

I hope so. I’m fucking old and I don’t like changes.  Lee Ralph is my spirit animal.
[close]

Was this based on the fact the website was down for you? It was working for me the whole time. They've been pretty actively pushing their stuff on Instagram and definitely added some bigger names to their roster (objectively speaking). And their distribution is way bigger now than it used to be (since the split with Diamond). For a smaller specialized operation it looks like they're doing alright. I hope so anyway.

Nah.
 Sites fixed order Monday maybe.

I think the web page was getting cleaned up now. I don’t care who’s on the team or pilots them. Eli is cool I guess. I like his switch skating. I just wish my shop had the truck still.

AngryBlackMan

« Reply #1202 on: April 21, 2019, 02:10:50 PM »
I picked up a pair of 44 classics V3 the other day. I run Indy hard bushings (Im 240 and I skate them medium/loose) in them but I put a small flat washer between the bottom bushing and the original washer to make up for the height.

For the nerds out there Indy bottom bushing is .50, Ace bottom bushing is .56
and the 44s will shrink your wheelbase by 16mm vs Venture 5.8  axle to axle.

Xen

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 994
  • too easy, we know your new handle...stop following
« Reply #1203 on: April 22, 2019, 11:51:22 AM »
Ace bushings are kind of a weird size. I don't think the top bones would be a great fit especially since the top ace is kinda large. I don't know though, just try it. It would take like 10 minutes. But also, the new ace bushing are the best bushings (urethane formula wise) of all time, hands down.

Yeah, they're taller than most, bottoms and tops (the latter being much taller than the rest of the market). Using any other top bushing just ends up having lots of thread showing.

Been off ACE for a minute but decided to set my ACEs back up on my cruiser (V1 plates, V2.5(?) hanger, new bushings+Riptides) and maaaan, I don't think there is any truck out there that feels that good just cruising/moving turning - the new bushings really are amazing...tempted to setup my magplates again and put some time on the ACEs.

I AM

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -10
« Reply #1204 on: April 22, 2019, 11:53:23 AM »
Forgive me because I know this would have been discussed way back but how are bones mediums in Ace’s? 44 specifically. I don’t really mind the stock bushings but do have some fresh bones sitting around somewhere. Quicker response? Deeper turning?
bones stop turning at a certain point because of the plastic insert binding, so not a deeper turn. and as long as the bottom bushing/washer is the correct height, the response should be about the same. the new stock bushings are great and definitely better than bones on all fronts(rebound, durability, price) but if you already have them, why don't you just try it?

Dustwardprez

« Reply #1205 on: April 22, 2019, 01:45:45 PM »
I likely would like the stock top of it was not so tall. Also

I saw a kid with low ones. They’re sick even though he was riding tight trucks.

Much nicer turn than the thunder low truck. Was like a tracker turn

Xen

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1206 on: April 22, 2019, 02:07:56 PM »

The ACE lows are great trucks - I really enjoyed mine on this setup (oddly I rode them with Bones Hard Bushings), low pro, low trucks and 50mm wheels:

Xen

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1207 on: April 22, 2019, 03:09:58 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

The ACE lows are great trucks - I really enjoyed mine on this setup (oddly I rode them with Bones Hard Bushings), low pro, low trucks and 50mm wheels:

[close]
Looks like the set up of a man who would wear these...
Expand Quote

[close]

Indeed, but I was riding the TNT5s back then (fuck that guy) skated the shit out of that board (re-learned bluntslides, then learned switch blunts in that ditch); ditch chewed up it pretty quick, board lasted under a week (?) between that ditch and House Park.

Keep trying ;)

ballintoohard

« Reply #1208 on: May 02, 2019, 01:38:26 PM »
So I'm confused- what width do people actually use with 8.5 decks? I had 44's I rocked on a few 8.25-8.5 setups and the 8.5'ers never felt quite right. Went back to Indy's and I'm mostly on 8.25 decks recently and now seeing people think 44's are too small for those even? Dafuq?

palelight

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 166
« Reply #1209 on: May 02, 2019, 01:59:16 PM »
So I'm confused- what width do people actually use with 8.5 decks? I had 44's I rocked on a few 8.25-8.5 setups and the 8.5'ers never felt quite right. Went back to Indy's and I'm mostly on 8.25 decks recently and now seeing people think 44's are too small for those even? Dafuq?

44's on an 8.5 for me no problem (usually ride an 8.3 with 44's). Extra speed rings with conicals/full-sized radials and the width is negligible between a 44 and an Indy 149. 

Whoever's complaining of 44's being too narrow for an 8.25 is talking out of their ass.

SadandLonely

• Rep: -30
« Reply #1210 on: May 02, 2019, 02:53:25 PM »
Ew rictas

roba

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 768
« Reply #1211 on: May 02, 2019, 04:09:22 PM »

for me 44s worked well with a 8.625, but i wouldn’t do 8.75 with them. 8.375-8.5 is perfect for the truck. i would fall in love with some 8.625 aces though, it kinda sucks that their trucks jump from 8.38 to 9.0 and there’s nothing in between
I'm ok with theft. It happens to me all the time.
I steal too

I’m rich and smart

R.I.P Tate

backinaction

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 279
« Reply #1212 on: May 02, 2019, 04:51:52 PM »
for me 44s worked well with a 8.625, but i wouldn’t do 8.75 with them. 8.375-8.5 is perfect for the truck. i would fall in love with some 8.625 aces though, it kinda sucks that their trucks jump from 8.38 to 9.0 and there’s nothing in between

Word (from a few pages back) is they are going to be redoing their lineup this fall with 8, 8.25, 8.5, 8.75 and 9" options.

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 36
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #1213 on: May 03, 2019, 08:13:16 AM »
Been curious for a while to try Ace, I found them finally but on a skateshop on Germany (I live in Czech Republic) for a really nice price even with free shipping but shit is taking forever since I got an email saying that they didn't have them on warehouse so they have to special order or some crap like that ¬¬
Expand Quote
forgive me if i somehow missed it, but could someone help me with just how flat the flat as fuck decks really are?
[close]

As Fuck.

roba

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1214 on: May 03, 2019, 08:27:25 AM »
Been curious for a while to try Ace, I found them finally but on a skateshop on Germany (I live in Czech Republic) for a really nice price even with free shipping but shit is taking forever since I got an email saying that they didn't have them on warehouse so they have to special order or some crap like that ¬¬

they're available in poland, probably for less than in germany
I steal too

I’m rich and smart

R.I.P Tate

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #1215 on: May 03, 2019, 08:29:56 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Paid 48€ including shipping. I'll look for them in Poland just in case.
Expand Quote
forgive me if i somehow missed it, but could someone help me with just how flat the flat as fuck decks really are?
[close]

As Fuck.

roba

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1216 on: May 03, 2019, 08:51:30 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

that's actually a really good price, they're like 55€ here, shipping not included. i figured they'd be more expensive in germany because most skate stuff is.
I steal too

I’m rich and smart

R.I.P Tate

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
« Reply #1217 on: May 03, 2019, 08:52:34 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
[close]

that's actually a really good price, they're like 55€ here, shipping not included. i figured they'd be more expensive in germany because most skate stuff is.
For some reason shipping was free and I registered to the newsletter so I got a 10€ discount voucher.
Expand Quote
[close]

As Fuck.

talklessSkateMore

• Rep: -40
« Reply #1218 on: May 08, 2019, 12:11:25 PM »
Did you get your trucks? I'm still waiting on my bushings from them
it said to learn how to tie for a reason.
This is all structured as a trap.
Tied by those who know the fundamentals.

arrbee

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 438
« Reply #1219 on: May 08, 2019, 12:15:40 PM »
I said this in another thread but I don't know how you guys ride these trucks.

I have skated 2 sets

-Bent axles like a month in and eventually cracked the hanger

Went back to thunder for a few years, everyone including ACE said they fixed the axle issue so I gave them another shot.

-Bent axle, thrown in the trash and never looked back
Quote from: DaveFuck
youre fucking FRIED if you think im gonna listen to dan corrigan talk about cariuma

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
« Reply #1220 on: May 08, 2019, 12:33:18 PM »
Did you get your trucks? I'm still waiting on my bushings from them
Luckily on Friday
Expand Quote
[close]

As Fuck.

Dad you're embarrassing me

• Rep: 66
« Reply #1221 on: May 08, 2019, 01:20:24 PM »

I have skated 2 sets

Went back to thunder for a few years, everyone including ACE said they fixed the axle issue so I gave them another shot.

Do you jump down stuff?
I do not jump down stuff, so my axles have it pretty easy.

arrbee

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1222 on: May 08, 2019, 01:27:20 PM »
Expand Quote

I have skated 2 sets

[close]

Do you jump down stuff?
I do not jump down stuff, so my axles have it pretty easy.

Not really anything over waist high.
youre fucking FRIED if you think im gonna listen to dan corrigan talk about cariuma

palelight

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1223 on: May 08, 2019, 03:46:33 PM »

I have skated 2 sets

Bummer you had multiple issues with them. Speaking only for myself, and the very low impact stuff I do, I've  never had an issue with them (have only skated the updated versions). My reasoning is completely about the turn. They feel and are the same height as Stage VII Indy's, which I rode well into the early 2000's before stopping for a while. They do exactly what I want/need them to do and I don't really have to think about it - unlike avoiding wheelbite on Thunders, or having to bury every ounce of weight I have to make a Venture turn well. Skating Stage XI's is like skating drunk for me, tall, tippy, and overall kind of weird. Ace just feel right, for me, but I totally understand the known issues keeping people away.

If Indy decided that Stage XII's are going to be a modern update of Stage VII/VIII's I'd give them an honest go, no question. Until then I'll stick with Ace's and hope they up their quality (or in a perfect world move production to Ermico since it seems Indy's have jumped ship).

« Last Edit: May 08, 2019, 03:48:39 PM by palelight »

Diocletian

« Reply #1224 on: May 08, 2019, 03:51:18 PM »
Strange man...I beat the shit out of all my trucks and there’s a pretty big drop I ollie off of at my local almost every session and I weigh 210lbs. Never bent an Ace...stage 1 through current. I used to get quite a few loose kingpins though and that’s only happened on Ace’s. Broken a few baseplates as well. Yet to happen on the new ones though, so it seems perhaps their new pours are stronger. Apparently not the axles for many.

WideFeet

• Rep: 82
« Reply #1225 on: May 08, 2019, 05:54:21 PM »
Yo, I’m sure it’s been talked about but 40 pages is a lot to go through to find the info.

What are the best aftermarket bushings for Ace’s? I currently ride Indy’s and am stoked to get my first set of Ace Trucks.

I like to skate the Indy Soft (red) and super soft (white) bushings.

Thanks in advance!

tzhangdox

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 518
« Reply #1226 on: May 08, 2019, 06:04:31 PM »
Yo, I’m sure it’s been talked about but 40 pages is a lot to go through to find the info.

What are the best aftermarket bushings for Ace’s? I currently ride Indy’s and am stoked to get my first set of Ace Trucks.

Thanks in advance!

Stock and Krux are the usual go tos. I had even ran the red indy aftermarkets in my ace 55s and they felt really nice.

palelight

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1227 on: May 08, 2019, 06:14:04 PM »

Thanks in advance!

Stock for sure. There's more break in time than the older ones (and Krux) but once they're broken in they're magic.

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 120
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
« Reply #1228 on: May 08, 2019, 06:22:28 PM »
Expand Quote

I have skated 2 sets

[close]

Bummer you had multiple issues with them. Speaking only for myself, and the very low impact stuff I do, I've  never had an issue with them (have only skated the updated versions). My reasoning is completely about the turn. They feel and are the same height as Stage VII Indy's, which I rode well into the early 2000's before stopping for a while. They do exactly what I want/need them to do and I don't really have to think about it - unlike avoiding wheelbite on Thunders, or having to bury every ounce of weight I have to make a Venture turn well. Skating Stage XI's is like skating drunk for me, tall, tippy, and overall kind of weird. Ace just feel right, for me, but I totally understand the known issues keeping people away.

If Indy decided that Stage XII's are going to be a modern update of Stage VII/VIII's I'd give them an honest go, no question. Until then I'll stick with Ace's and hope they up their quality (or in a perfect world move production to Ermico since it seems Indy's have jumped ship).

what pale light said 100%

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year

arrbee

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1229 on: May 08, 2019, 07:01:07 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

I have skated 2 sets

[close]

[close]
what pale light said 100%

I wanted to fuck with them heavy. They just let me down both tries I gave em.