Author Topic: Ace trucks  (Read 747376 times)

planman

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 374
  • Morpheus drinking a 40 in a death basket
Re: Ace trucks
« Reply #1380 on: July 27, 2019, 12:33:53 AM »
How heavy are 55s compared to 44s? I have two pairs of the latter but might try to trade one so I can keep skating wider boards.

I saw your mom do a ollie to cooch drop straight down the big black pole, it was gnarly. she defiantly shut that shit down

Diocletian

« Reply #1381 on: July 27, 2019, 05:24:19 AM »
I have them on my 9” and they feel pretty normal. Not too heavy or light, but someone else would probably think they’re 50lbs dumbbells so it’s all pretty subjective.

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 36
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #1382 on: July 29, 2019, 02:15:24 AM »
55's are 407.2 grams
Expand Quote
forgive me if i somehow missed it, but could someone help me with just how flat the flat as fuck decks really are?
[close]

As Fuck.

camel filters

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1292
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #1383 on: July 30, 2019, 02:04:28 PM »
Can anyone with ace 44's and an 8.5 show me a picture of their deck? I want to try aces but I dont want axles sticking out or a huge magic carpet ride.

tangar

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 64
  • THINK LESS
« Reply #1384 on: July 30, 2019, 02:13:33 PM »
44s on an 8.5 won’t be a magic carpet ride. But I did not like how 44s felt at all. I love 55s on 8.75 and up, they are just heavy.
Man the long board truck thing killed indy for me. I was willing to set aside the racism, but long boarding, gtfo... - DH

tzhangdox

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 518
« Reply #1385 on: July 30, 2019, 02:58:33 PM »
Can anyone with ace 44's and an 8.5 show me a picture of their deck? I want to try aces but I dont want axles sticking out or a huge magic carpet ride.

Skating ventures right now but did the 44s on 8.5 for a while. It's fine, especially if you put two or more washers on the inside side of the wheel since the axles are decently long.

weon

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 227
  • todo gratis todo gay
« Reply #1386 on: July 30, 2019, 03:05:20 PM »

Cracked/razored my wknd so it was time for a new (to me) one, forgot how good the PS 8.5 shape was

Hockey 8.5 (courtesy of complements4u)
Ace 44s w/ no bottom washer
Speedlab 56mm 101a
Reds
Shiny Bolts
Huf Classics I'm trying really hard to not skate
Lil' Wayne is more core than Jaden Smith.
Damn. Chico of Chocolate now Pyramids of Giza. What the hell is going on?

camel filters

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1292
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #1387 on: July 30, 2019, 03:08:25 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Skating ventures right now but did the 44s on 8.5 for a while. It's fine, especially if you put two or more washers on the inside side of the wheel since the axles are decently long.
Expand Quote
[close]

Expand Quote

Cracked/razored my wknd so it was time for a new (to me) one, forgot how good the PS 8.5 shape was

Speedlab 56mm 101a
Reds
Shiny Bolts
[close]
44s on an 8.5 won’t be a magic carpet ride. But I did not like how 44s felt at all. I love 55s on 8.75 and up, they are just heavy.
Exactly the feedback I needed. Thanks you guys!

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #1388 on: July 31, 2019, 12:36:51 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

Expand Quote

Speedlab 56mm 101a
Reds
Shiny Bolts
[close]
[close]
Expand Quote
[close]
Exactly the feedback I needed. Thanks you guys!
I second that. I didn't liked 44 on 8.5 and 55 just didn't worked for me, when I saw down my board it felt like Frankenstein neck.
Expand Quote
forgive me if i somehow missed it, but could someone help me with just how flat the flat as fuck decks really are?
[close]

As Fuck.

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 121
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
« Reply #1389 on: July 31, 2019, 12:50:29 AM »
I have 44s on an 8.75 (with taper) and it's fine imho

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year

planman

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 374
  • Morpheus drinking a 40 in a death basket
« Reply #1390 on: July 31, 2019, 12:59:57 AM »
Wow I feel famous haha. Yeah I've only ridden 44s on 8.5s or bigger with the exception of one board. Currently have two pairs which are both on 8.75s and I'm still a fan. 8.5 is the optimal size for 44s imo, but it's worth noting that no matter how wide your board is they're still gonna be turn-y (not squirrely though unless you loosen em like that).

I saw your mom do a ollie to cooch drop straight down the big black pole, it was gnarly. she defiantly shut that shit down

Krooked antihero

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 159
« Reply #1391 on: July 31, 2019, 06:45:56 AM »
I’ve skated 44’s on 8.25”, 8.38” and 8.5” and everything felt just fine.
europe's like the capitol of england and france and whatever

It sucks getting old.

texasplant

• Rep: 84
« Reply #1392 on: August 08, 2019, 08:17:22 PM »
Been off my Ace 44 for a few months due to trying new stuff... back again after buying an 8.38. In the time I had these chilling - I had riptide pivot cups come in for them. I'm pretty light so I don't chew my bushings up, but is it worth changing the pivot cups for the riptides if i have them? I've never used aftermarket pivots so not sure if I will see a noticeable change with these.

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1393 on: August 08, 2019, 08:45:48 PM »
Been off my Ace 44 for a few months due to trying new stuff... back again after buying an 8.38. In the time I had these chilling - I had riptide pivot cups come in for them. I'm pretty light so I don't chew my bushings up, but is it worth changing the pivot cups for the riptides if i have them? I've never used aftermarket pivots so not sure if I will see a noticeable change with these.
in the real world, not really. in the world of SLAP it will make a massive difference to your trucks and the way they ride
honestly, I wouldn't change them unless you really need to, but then again I like my trucks as stock and as hassle free as possible...

Water is Nice

• Rep: 3
« Reply #1394 on: August 09, 2019, 12:28:09 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
I want 55s and mags
[close]
[close]

Haha. Fair. Real impossible to find
I have some mags but stopped skating them when the pivot cups blew out. I just replaced them with the regular baseplates cause i didnt wanna change the pivot cups.
A shop in Sweden has them 

SUPREMENECKPROTECTOR

• Rep: 99
« Reply #1395 on: August 09, 2019, 01:57:10 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
I want 55s and mags
[close]
[close]

[close]
I have some mags but stopped skating them when the pivot cups blew out. I just replaced them with the regular baseplates cause i didnt wanna change the pivot cups.

Link please

Water is Nice

• Rep: 3
« Reply #1396 on: August 09, 2019, 05:11:44 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
I want 55s and mags
[close]
[close]

[close]
[close]

Link please
Im so sorry just looked it up now and they are gone

Yewwman

• Rep: 4
« Reply #1397 on: August 15, 2019, 03:54:55 PM »
Just got some 55s (small axle nuts so not the v3’s right?) and the bushings are mad hard and they wont turn even after couple sessions.
 I have some leftover aftermarket indy medium(blue ones) and bones hard bushings so should i try my luck with those or give the original bushings a chance?
They dont really sell krux over here so getting the krux bushings feels like a struggle lol

Reese

« Reply #1398 on: August 15, 2019, 05:31:30 PM »
I'd order new stock ace bushings/pivot cups if I could
Are you from the distant lands?

Anything would work, but you get the full experience with fresh all stock parts
« Last Edit: August 15, 2019, 06:59:32 PM by Reese »

Diocletian

« Reply #1399 on: August 15, 2019, 06:26:36 PM »
I’m not a fan of the new stock/aftermarket Ace bushings. They have this skip/click during the turn and my hanger will get kinda stuck lopsided frequently. I tried two sets in case one was a defect. And I skated each set for a few days to break them in.

Bones with the bottom Ace washer will keep a mostly proper geo and allow them to turn better than those hard V2 bushings. I personally like to use Bones mediums with the flat washers for the bottom and top bushings.

Serious Tea Drinker

« Reply #1400 on: August 15, 2019, 07:06:05 PM »
Break. Them. In. Bushings need a good few solid sessions to start to feel right. Ace stocks are the best.

Xen

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 994
  • too easy, we know your new handle...stop following
« Reply #1401 on: August 15, 2019, 07:31:55 PM »
Break. Them. In. Bushings need a good few solid sessions to start to feel right. Ace stocks are the best.

+100

Mesteezo

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Rep: 65
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #1402 on: August 15, 2019, 09:07:54 PM »
They have this skip/click during the turn and my hanger will get kinda stuck lopsided frequently.

I've noticed this too. Quite annoying.

B0udoir

• Rep: 1
« Reply #1403 on: August 15, 2019, 09:22:38 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

+100

And don't tighten the kingpin nuts. As long as the top washer stops moving up and down, that's enough.

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1404 on: August 16, 2019, 12:46:10 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

+100
this is saintly advice. I followed it on my last set of thunders and aces and didn’t need to do anything after the first 2-3 sessions; never tightened the kingpins, never changed a single thing

Roisto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 474
« Reply #1405 on: August 16, 2019, 01:25:25 AM »
For what it’s worth, I’ve broken in all types of Aces. Ace aftermarkets in V1s a few years ago took a good while to break in. Like 10+ sessions but after that they’re heavenly. V3s seem to break in faster because I can’t remember having much issue with those. V2s with the stupid axle nuts I couldn’t break in to feel nice. Skated a set on my main set up for 10+ sessions and then took the set up on a month long trip around Europe where I cruised around with it a bunch and skated normally too. Still felt too stiff. Haven’t skated those trucks since but I think I’ll just get a new set of Ace replacement bushings for them once I do cuz something’s funny with those bushings. Or maybe they have a shorter kingpin? Dunno but I know that don’t feel like Aces should. Also Ace washers suck. Throw those out and replace them with the bigger Indy washers.

juuhnuuh

• Rep: -157
  • i love the 90's
« Reply #1406 on: August 16, 2019, 04:15:10 AM »
I have the V1's with the small axle nuts and never ever have I gone through as many pivot cups as I have riding these trucks (I have had them for about a year).

I think they are also slightly bent but not enough to noticeably influence my skating but enough that you can see a slight bending.

I changed out the bushings for some old thunder ones and to be honest I really like them. The look, the feel while grinding, the hight (indy are higher) and the turning (similar to an indy but it has a different effect on you wheelbase)

saltusnaut

« Reply #1407 on: August 16, 2019, 06:01:26 AM »
I've had all versions except the classics. One version has a shorter kingpin

Yewwman

• Rep: 4
« Reply #1408 on: August 16, 2019, 08:49:21 AM »
Big thank you for the advice fellas! About to go skating today so might as well try different bushing setups, let the truck madness begin

Reese

« Reply #1409 on: August 16, 2019, 02:16:42 PM »
Big thank you for the advice fellas! About to go skating today so might as well try different bushing setups, let the truck madness begin

Literally the opposite of what we said

Sick dude