Author Topic: Ace trucks  (Read 747524 times)

Ok

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1112
Re: Ace trucks
« Reply #1830 on: December 25, 2019, 11:16:33 PM »
Yikes. Come into this thread and keep hearing
 issues.

Look forward to hearing about the new version come spring, maybe.

Enough people report qc issues for me to believe em. That being said, I’ve had 3 sets, and no major problems. Were the axles bent on the first ones? Maybe. I had 2 sets of 33s that I passed along, wish I had kept one. Have 44s now. They really do turn the best. 44s are great, i get pretty sore trying to throw a bigger truck around and always end up going back to ventures. Anyways. My sets were all close enough, and never bothered me, but I knew going in they were gonna be a little ....’loose’. I’m not trying to do anything that would need some high tolerance equipment. I’m not even sure if I’d notice kingpins being loose and rattling.

Dad you're embarrassing me

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 66
« Reply #1831 on: December 28, 2019, 12:37:13 AM »
Just to balance out the reviews, I’ve had 2 sets over 2 and a half years, and no issues .

Woos

• Rep: 7
« Reply #1832 on: December 28, 2019, 12:53:49 AM »
Just to balance out the reviews, I’ve had 2 sets over 2 and a half years, and no issues .

Mine have been skating great but the difference in axels between the trucks are a little worry sum.  I’m also very particular about my gear but it’s weird to see two axels looking completely different and having the nuts/threading sit differently.

Sundaynuggets

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Rep: 124
« Reply #1833 on: December 28, 2019, 04:25:39 AM »

Same, never had any problems and I rode my 33’s and 44’s to death and have 55’s working fine on a cruiser set up. The only thing I ever experienced that was odd was the 33’s originally came with a set of oddly shaped nuts on the axles but I swapped those out and no other problems.

AssFlea

• Rep: -31
« Reply #1834 on: December 28, 2019, 03:36:16 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Mine have been skating great but the difference in axels between the trucks are a little worry sum.  I’m also very particular about my gear but it’s weird to see two axels looking completely different and having the nuts/threading sit differently.

yep. Thats stage 2 i bet. Little axle nuts?
_--
xX
^    @
''')'
'''''

Woos

• Rep: 7
« Reply #1835 on: December 29, 2019, 02:50:54 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

yep. Thats stage 2 i bet. Little axle nuts?

No.  I’m not familiar with the exact stages as I’m new to Ace and haven’t followed them closely but I’m pretty sure they’re the newest version.

Here’s some mediocre pictures. It’s really late so I just grabbed picture I already had.

texasplant

• Rep: 84
« Reply #1836 on: December 29, 2019, 06:29:09 PM »
Anyone running risers on 44's? How does it affect pop? Running 56/58mm wheels, considering getting some risers but not sure if it'll cause ghost pop due to the shorter wheelbase.

Sundaynuggets

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Rep: 124
« Reply #1837 on: December 29, 2019, 06:35:04 PM »
Anyone running risers on 44's? How does it affect pop? Running 56/58mm wheels, considering getting some risers but not sure if it'll cause ghost pop due to the shorter wheelbase.

When I ride my Ace’s (and all of my other trucks really) I use 1/8th inch risers. No problems with pop when I ride them on a deck with steep kicks and minimal flat between bolts and the start of the kick. Only had problems riding them when there is that flat, for example on smaller 8/8.12) Scumco decks with the Kiddie pool concave. I’ll usually throw on aventures or Thunders on those decks (though Indy’s feel ok too) and those combos feel fine
« Last Edit: December 29, 2019, 06:46:46 PM by Sundaynuggets »

roba

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 768
« Reply #1838 on: December 30, 2019, 03:30:13 AM »

i have a pair of 44s i've been skating for over a year now and they're great, no qc issues, nothing has broken, stock bushings are perfect, grinds feel great, best trucks on and off the board, can't say enough good about them
I'm ok with theft. It happens to me all the time.
I steal too

I’m rich and smart

R.I.P Tate

Skart

• Rep: -33
  • Ham control
« Reply #1839 on: December 30, 2019, 04:20:57 AM »
1/8 pads on ace ride like indy with no pads mane

Big brain
i need a break from this thread dawg. knowledge doesnt feel like power anymore

Xen

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 994
  • too easy, we know your new handle...stop following
« Reply #1840 on: December 30, 2019, 10:36:50 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

i have a pair of 44s i've been skating for over a year now and they're great, no qc issues, nothing has broken, stock bushings are perfect, grinds feel great, best trucks on and off the board, can't say enough good about them

?

munchbox

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 863
  • like….? brunch
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #1841 on: December 30, 2019, 10:44:15 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

?

maybe how they look? maybe? ngl im lost too
while cool-guying is a real phenomenon, studies show that 83% of all cool-guying incidents can be attributed to the cool-guyee being an awkward weirdo

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 36
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #1842 on: December 30, 2019, 01:39:29 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

?
[close]

I would like an explanation too...
Expand Quote
forgive me if i somehow missed it, but could someone help me with just how flat the flat as fuck decks really are?
[close]

As Fuck.

arrbee

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 438
« Reply #1843 on: January 08, 2020, 04:20:31 PM »
Selling my barely used set of 44’s. Made a post in classified
Quote from: DaveFuck
youre fucking FRIED if you think im gonna listen to dan corrigan talk about cariuma

AssFlea

« Reply #1844 on: January 08, 2020, 09:45:40 PM »
I would love to be flow for ace. That would be as dope as being pro for indy
_--
xX
^    @
''')'
'''''

Lord Quas

• Rep: 18
  • enter the liquid realm
« Reply #1845 on: January 10, 2020, 10:33:03 AM »
i got a pair of 44s on a 8.38. i got my hands on a some new 8.5 shapes, will the 44s hold up? or should i get a pair of 55s? i dont mind seeing my wheels poke out a bit.

Quote from: GAY
I've never broken a board and it's a bigger source of shame for me and my family than my homosexuality.

tzhangdox

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 518
« Reply #1846 on: January 10, 2020, 10:37:55 AM »
i got a pair of 44s on a 8.38. i got my hands on a some new 8.5 shapes, will the 44s hold up? or should i get a pair of 55s? i dont mind seeing my wheels poke out a bit.

44s on 8.5 are perfect, just put 2-3 washers on the inside if you want to stretch it out a bit more.

Lord Quas

• Rep: 18
  • enter the liquid realm
« Reply #1847 on: January 10, 2020, 10:40:09 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

44s on 8.5 are perfect, just put 2-3 washers on the inside if you want to stretch it out a bit more.

dope man, i appreciate the input.

Quote from: GAY
I've never broken a board and it's a bigger source of shame for me and my family than my homosexuality.

AssFlea

« Reply #1848 on: January 10, 2020, 07:41:50 PM »
When is the change happening. If it happ4soon i wont jump to ventures.

Were talking i got maybe one month before  my crack is all the way around maybe.
_--
xX
^    @
''')'
'''''

palelight

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 166
« Reply #1849 on: January 10, 2020, 07:50:26 PM »

Were talking i got maybe one month before  my crack is all the way around maybe.

I wouldn't bank on a roll out of the new designs until at least ... March? Unlike the previous revisions which were kind of soft, this seems like a massive overhaul so I'd assume they're going to give shops time to get rid of current stock. It'd be fairly confusing to the average buyer if some 55's were nearly half an inch smaller sitting beside each other in the same display case. But also, this is a guess, one that sorta makes sense to me anyway.

If Aces start drying up online I'd say that'd be a good indicator that the new ones are incoming.

AssFlea

« Reply #1850 on: January 10, 2020, 08:13:35 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

I wouldn't bank on a roll out of the new designs until at least ... March? Unlike the previous revisions which were kind of soft, this seems like a massive overhaul so I'd assume they're going to give shops time to get rid of current stock. It'd be fairly confusing to the average buyer if some 55's were nearly half an inch smaller sitting beside each other in the same display case. But also, this is a guess, one that sorta makes sense to me anyway.

If Aces start drying up online I'd say that'd be a good indicator that the new ones are incoming.
the stock is gone. Been gone. Now im having troubles finding venture 5.6 v lites. Too.

Im thinking im fucked. Ill be out of money fast because im on ssi and volunteer all the time if i work.

I hate money

I dont even need new trucks just slightly less worn trucks.

I dont even kbow how order shit online without begging my rep payee. He used to skate so hes a kbow it all.

Fucker is holding my money. I never get tall.

My skate is all i got. Fuck i could walkout side and go get a bag a dope easier than a set of used trucks...
_--
xX
^    @
''')'
'''''

palelight

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 166
« Reply #1851 on: January 10, 2020, 08:48:16 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]
the stock is gone. Been gone. Now im having troubles finding venture 5.6 v lites. Too.

Im thinking im fucked. Ill be out of money fast because im on ssi and volunteer all the time if i work.

I hate money

I dont even kbow how order shit online without begging my rep payee. He used to skate so hes a kbow it all.

My skate is all i got. Fuck i could walkout side and go get a bag a dope easier than a set of used trucks...

You after 44's?

Paperclip20

• Rep: 135
  • Please send symmetrical board information
« Reply #1852 on: January 10, 2020, 08:58:17 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

?
[close]

[close]

Pretty sure its just a meme like when on instagram some pro will comment "best dude on and off the board" on a post

AssFlea

« Reply #1853 on: January 10, 2020, 09:25:01 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

I hate money

[close]

You after 44's?

yeah. They have them on the site too. But the boss is going to try and get me to ride it out.

Im going to ask my shop for help. Or maybe ill see if i can snail mail the money to deluxe tomorrow the cash. That guy reed rules.

Ill just start with in sorry im old and stupid but....

Thank yous and pleases with cash in hand might get me some v lites 5.6 and wait for the new ace for an opposing style to practice.

Having two set ups that are completely different and being able to straight 8 is the goal.

I might be over ace though. I want to do mannys and switch crooks this winter.

Ace is great for mannys and nose grinds but i fall out of crooks unless im going very very danger fast.

_--
xX
^    @
''')'
'''''

jay_nev

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 306
« Reply #1854 on: January 11, 2020, 07:27:09 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

I hate money

[close]

You after 44's?
[close]

yeah. They have them on the site too. But the boss is going to try and get me to ride it out.

Im going to ask my shop for help. Or maybe ill see if i can snail mail the money to deluxe tomorrow the cash. That guy reed rules.

Ill just start with in sorry im old and stupid but....

Thank yous and pleases with cash in hand might get me some v lites 5.6 and wait for the new ace for an opposing style to practice.

Having two set ups that are completely different and being able to straight 8 is the goal.

I might be over ace though. I want to do mannys and switch crooks this winter.

Ace is great for mannys and nose grinds but i fall out of crooks unless im going very very danger fast.

someone said in another thread that reed isn’t there anymore

roba

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 768
« Reply #1855 on: January 12, 2020, 08:05:33 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

?
[close]

[close]
[close]

Pretty sure its just a meme like when on instagram some pro will comment "best dude on and off the board" on a post

thank you paperclip
I'm ok with theft. It happens to me all the time.
I steal too

I’m rich and smart

R.I.P Tate

darkelfdruid

« Reply #1856 on: January 12, 2020, 08:24:52 AM »
ace 8.6 size or bust

boxlogo

« Reply #1857 on: January 16, 2020, 10:33:48 AM »
Has anyone had pre slipped axels? I bought a pair of 55s and right off the bat I had to put one washer on the inside and 3 on the outside to get the nut flush. The other side is perfectly flush with the standard one on the inside one on the outside. Love that surfy turn and big grind surface but the one axel sticking out way longer than the other pisses my off to no end.

Weezil

• Rep: 32
« Reply #1858 on: January 16, 2020, 10:48:04 AM »
yeah my pair of 44s was like that, extra thread or two on each side. I just have been skating them anyway, though I can see how that would bother people for sure.

backinaction

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 279
« Reply #1859 on: January 16, 2020, 10:49:45 AM »
Has anyone had pre slipped axels? I bought a pair of 55s and right off the bat I had to put one washer on the inside and 3 on the outside to get the nut flush. The other side is perfectly flush with the standard one on the inside one on the outside. Love that surfy turn and big grind surface but the one axel sticking out way longer than the other pisses my off to no end.

That would irritate me.  I would probably take the wheel off, thread the nut on and then take the long axle side to my grinder to shorten it a couple threads.