Author Topic: Ace trucks  (Read 738890 times)

RichardBarkley

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -765
Re: Ace trucks
« Reply #3210 on: March 28, 2021, 04:24:31 AM »
LOL What the fuck with the tightness.  ;D
Btw, I never had my Ace bushings pop out like that.

It's two threads showing. It's not that tight.

Also it's literally day one of skating them. That's why they popped out due to the tightness.

Now they are broken in they work perfect at that tightness.

Two threads isn't that tight. I still have wheelbite mark from 54s.

I want to fight you so badly richard
Please give me your address ill make it my life goal to punsh your face in

pops

• Rep: 218
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #3211 on: March 28, 2021, 06:38:39 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Also it's literally day one of skating them. That's why they popped out due to the tightness.

Ok, seemed much more than that so I'm sorry. I kept them stock tightness and they feel just right.

CaptainCheeks

• Rep: 5
« Reply #3212 on: March 28, 2021, 09:56:27 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Ok, seemed much more than that so I'm sorry. I kept them stock tightness and they feel just right.

I had my bushings pop out and switched to a bigger washer from some trucks I had laying around and they were back to normal

bigdave

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 180
« Reply #3213 on: March 28, 2021, 06:54:33 PM »
Im not totally following here. Are the AF1 66s actually a smaller 9" truck than the current 55s due to hanger width vs axle width? Therefore, a little less stable than the classic 55s?
ok thanks

Frank and Fred

« Reply #3214 on: March 28, 2021, 07:21:42 PM »
According to the Poles, yes. But I won't believe anything until I have a set in hand with my tape measure. Personally, I really hope the 66s are indeed more of a 151/159 size.

Mbrimson88

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 973
  • Just another skate shop guy
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #3215 on: March 28, 2021, 07:35:55 PM »
Im not totally following here. Are the AF1 66s actually a smaller 9" truck than the current 55s due to hanger width vs axle width? Therefore, a little less stable than the classic 55s?

It is a funny one, but made harder right now, given the fact that shops are supposed to keep things under wraps until the official release, but I think it would be safe to say that until they come out and people can measure them or directly compare the classic line to the AF1, it is a little difficult to give a very accurate measurement comparison.

As already stated by others, both the classic 55 and the AF1 66 are said to have a 9" axle, so make of that what you will.  There might be some ever so slight difference in hanger length, but even basic human measurements can often be out by a mm or two, which can easily be changed with an extra washer or two on the inside to bring the wheels out an extra 4mm in total, even more if the axles are longer.

Not so long now, then I guess all will be revealed and people can check and choose which one works best for them.

I talk too much about skateboards.  Sorry.

bigdave

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #3216 on: March 28, 2021, 07:37:47 PM »
According to the Poles, yes. But I won't believe anything until I have a set in hand with my tape measure. Personally, I really hope the 66s are indeed more of a 151/159 size.

I know this is gonna make a lot of you happy but for me, this is some bullshit.
ok thanks

bigdave

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #3217 on: March 28, 2021, 08:02:27 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

It is a funny one, but made harder right now, given the fact that shops are supposed to keep things under wraps until the official release, but I think it would be safe to say that until they come out and people can measure them or directly compare the classic line to the AF1, it is a little difficult to give a very accurate measurement comparison.

As already stated by others, both the classic 55 and the AF1 66 are said to have a 9" axle, so make of that what you will.  There might be some ever so slight difference in hanger length, but even basic human measurements can often be out by a mm or two, which can easily be changed with an extra washer or two on the inside to bring the wheels out an extra 4mm in total, even more if the axles are longer.

Not so long now, then I guess all will be revealed and people can check and choose which one works best for them.

Thanks man. I am trying to run two 9ish setups, well one a true 9" with at least a 14.75" WB, Coda has a shape that I love that I want to keep riding, with classic 55s, risers, and 56mm wheels. but I also want to run a 9" board in a more playful way, shorter WB, smaller wheels, no risers. Up first is an 8.875 magenta I have....but I really dont wanna fuckin buy a new set of trucks, so I may have to swap my current 55s to this board, then swap them back and buy either the new 66s or the new 55s for the more playful deck.

The madness is killing me.
ok thanks

Frank and Fred

« Reply #3218 on: March 28, 2021, 08:09:15 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

In an ideal world there would have been an 8.75" axle with a 155 hanger and a 9" axle with a 162 hanger.

bigdave

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #3219 on: March 28, 2021, 08:13:09 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

In an ideal world there would have been an 8.75" axle with a 155 hanger and a 9" axle with a 162 hanger.

Literally think I am going to end up with two sets of 55 classics.
ok thanks

Frank and Fred

« Reply #3220 on: March 28, 2021, 08:16:00 PM »
The interesting thing (if the Polish website as accurate)  is the old 44 and new 55 will both have 5.7" hangers but an 1/8" difference in axle length.

If they keep both the Classics and Af1s in production people are going to be confused as shit.

saltusnaut

• Rep: 36
« Reply #3221 on: March 29, 2021, 01:39:42 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

Got some 44s. Really like them so far.

But what's with the bushings poping out ?
[close]

I think thats from the fact you have your trucks tightened all the way down not the trucks themselves. Def would recomend skating them stock looseness before tightening them down to such an extreme
[close]

For what it’s worth, the last set of 33s I had did the whole bushing popping out thing no matter how loose I had them (top and bottoms). To the point where if I didn’t land dead center, they’d pop out and wouldn’t rebound straight leading to me stepping off of a lot of tricks. I had to replace the top and bottom washers with some spare venture washers I had laying around. That instantly fixed it.

Edit* those trucks are offensively tight my man haha let them breathe a little 😀
[close]

the bushing pop out is super annoying, and it happens to everyone at first

try to push it back in with a house key

and if it doesn't work, take note of where your thread is at
and take that shit off and reset it.

the key is to skate them for about 2 weeks.  they'll stop doing it.

It certainly isnt happening to everyone. Ive only read about bushing poping out on slap. Didnt happen to me nor have i heard about it from anyone irl.

Sk8bored

• Rep: 0
« Reply #3222 on: March 29, 2021, 06:32:47 AM »
I was going to buy the AF1 on that Polish website, but damn they are expensive !! I bought some 6" Film trucks instead, best trucks you can find right now

Mbrimson88

• SLAP Pal
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #3223 on: March 29, 2021, 07:22:19 AM »
I was going to buy the AF1 on that Polish website, but damn they are expensive !! I bought some 6" Film trucks instead, best trucks you can find right now

They had them up when they shouldn't have and most likely got told to pull them, as all the links are broken (or they sold out).

And yes they seem on the higher end of the scale for price, but again that will come out when they are officially released too.

antarctica

• Rep: 21
  • why
« Reply #3224 on: March 29, 2021, 09:13:19 AM »
I love ace and only skate their trucks but like this whole truck sizing thing is a mess. Having two lines of trucks out from one brand seems so confusing and redundant. I dont see why they couldnt of just scrapped the classic line and than made the new af1s in all the previous sizes while introducing an 8.5 truck as a 49 and an 8.75 as a 51.  The fact that the classic 44s are going to have the same hanger width as the new 55s is pretty ridiculous, and that the new 9' 66s have a smaller hanger than the classic 55s. Wouldve been so much smarter to just introduce an 8.5 and an 8.75 truck not a complete weird rework of all the pre existing stuff.

IpathCats

« Reply #3225 on: March 29, 2021, 09:46:45 AM »
I love ace and only skate their trucks but like this whole truck sizing thing is a mess. Having two lines of trucks out from one brand seems so confusing and redundant. I dont see why they couldnt of just scrapped the classic line and than made the new af1s in all the previous sizes while introducing an 8.5 truck as a 49 and an 8.75 as a 51.  The fact that the classic 44s are going to have the same hanger width as the new 55s is pretty ridiculous, and that the new 9' 66s have a smaller hanger than the classic 55s. Wouldve been so much smarter to just introduce an 8.5 and an 8.75 truck not a complete weird rework of all the pre existing stuff.

Settle down with all that logic. I suppose you want them to make trucks that don't bend too?

Mr. Stinky

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 311
« Reply #3226 on: March 29, 2021, 09:49:48 AM »

I've been adamant that all they really needed to do was put out a 8 5/8" truck and keep the rest of the line as is. Follows the unique sizing convention most people who ride them actually appreciate and would be the perfect size for 8.5"-8.75" boards.

yourbreakfsat

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 746
« Reply #3227 on: March 29, 2021, 09:50:17 AM »

Because then you'll have people pissed that they've scrapped the classic line.

Honestly this is the best way they could've pulled this off. Keep the classics for those that don't want to change, and introduce the AF1 for those that want to try something new.

Frank and Fred

« Reply #3228 on: March 29, 2021, 09:57:20 AM »
Lots of great points above. Having two lines of trucks with the same names (44 55 66 etc) but with different sizes is going to create a nightmare for mail-order returns.... I'll be sure to buy mine in person from an actual shop so I can be sure of what I am getting.

jay_nev

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 306
« Reply #3229 on: March 29, 2021, 10:20:36 AM »
I am just waiting to the official word from Ace themselves. Don’t really trust that polish chart too much as wasn’t the board sizing reference outdated anyway? Just a wait and see, excited either way

bigdave

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #3230 on: March 29, 2021, 12:08:13 PM »
Well I was trying to track down one of those TU pelican boards today (I did) and I pulled the trigger on another set of classic 55s...I have a problem.
ok thanks

CossRooper

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 139
  • What are you up to, drawing leafs?
    • timecube avatar image
« Reply #3231 on: March 29, 2021, 12:21:02 PM »
I am just waiting to the official word from Ace themselves.

This. no reason to flip out over a scan from a magazine and a homemade sizing chart from a polish website that posted it weeks or even months too early. with a language barrier.

Rubbrick

• Rep: 140
« Reply #3232 on: March 29, 2021, 12:59:20 PM »
Another euro site had them on their site yesterday, but looks like it got taken down. They had the sizing as: 33- 8.0 axle, 44- 8.25 Axle, 55 - 8.5 axle, 66- 9.0 axle

Mr. Stinky

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 311
« Reply #3233 on: March 29, 2021, 01:45:47 PM »
Another euro site had them on their site yesterday, but looks like it got taken down. They had the sizing as: 33- 8.0 axle, 44- 8.25 Axle, 55 - 8.5 axle, 66- 9.0 axle

Watching this company in action is like watching an old slapstick movie where a character is simultaneously trying to clean up a mess while making an even bigger mess in the act of trying to clean up the first mess.

Frank and Fred

« Reply #3234 on: March 29, 2021, 01:49:04 PM »
 ;D  yeah but THE TURN!

THE TURN!

Bigwheelbite

• Rep: -162
« Reply #3235 on: March 29, 2021, 03:49:09 PM »

I know this is late and your prob good now but switching the top washer to a Bones one solved that issue immediately and made them turn even better. But with the kingpin nut flush

chris.

• Rep: 184
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #3236 on: March 29, 2021, 03:50:28 PM »
To be fair, even with both lines out at the same time Ace’s offerings are still more streamlined and concise than literally every other major brand and most if not all of the confusion here is from us scratching and clawing for any morsel of info we can.

antarctica

• Rep: 21
  • why
« Reply #3237 on: March 29, 2021, 05:50:57 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Because then you'll have people pissed that they've scrapped the classic line.

Honestly this is the best way they could've pulled this off. Keep the classics for those that don't want to change, and introduce the AF1 for those that want to try something new.

What would people be pissed off about if they scrapped the classic line but still reused the same sizing? The change in font for the numbers???

Mbrimson88

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #3238 on: March 29, 2021, 06:11:04 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Watching this company in action is like watching an old slapstick movie where a character is simultaneously trying to clean up a mess while making an even bigger mess in the act of trying to clean up the first mess.

It is only the one shop Selectshop (two locations selectshop.eu and selectshop.pl) with the problem of putting up the stock before the date they are supposed to and everyone else seems to have it right and holding off putting anything out until the official release about mid April, as others have said.

Re the truck sizes, yes I agree there is probably going to be some confusion over the same truck number, 44, 55 and 66 being for different sizes in the classic and AF1 options, when compared to all the other truck brands (and yes that is ALL other truck brands I can think of) that have consistent sizes throughout whatever styles they have, eg the Indy 144, Thunder 148, Venture 5.6 is always an 8.25 axle truck in standard, hollow, hollow forged, titanium, mid, etc.

I guess they didn't want to change the format and like the same double digits for the various sizes, which does have a nice ring to it, but the other thing is what if they do add another 8.75 truck down the line - are they going to have to change the name again, eg:

11, 22, 33, 44, 55, 66, 77, 88, 99 could have been 7.5, 7.75, 8.0, 8.25, 8.5, 8.75, 9.0, 9.25, 9.5 or something like that, but how many shops want to carry up to nine different sizes of the same truck?

At the end of the day, this is Slap, so people can voice opinions and have commentary on everything, as is their want, but I think once they come out, it will be a lot easier to see all the details first hand and hear how they skate.

Not long now!

Xen

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 938
  • U neg cuz UR insecure-glad I got under your skin
« Reply #3239 on: March 29, 2021, 07:12:15 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

I think thats from the fact you have your trucks tightened all the way down not the trucks themselves. Def would recomend skating them stock looseness before tightening them down to such an extreme

This.

Seriously bro, you have them cranked the fuck down, no wonder they are blowing out, the bottom bushing is soft mang...If you want to ride ACE tight and avoid bushing bulge you need to swap the bushings to a harder duro...this is bushing 101.