Author Topic: Ace trucks  (Read 739164 times)

Eric Dolphy

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 516
Re: Ace trucks
« Reply #3240 on: March 29, 2021, 09:17:32 PM »
Ok ok ok you've all got me feeling like I should try these out. My favourite trucks I've had in recent years were some indy 159 forged titaniums. If i want something similar, what aces should I go for?

Thanks in advance and shalom

Freelancevagrant

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1558
« Reply #3241 on: March 30, 2021, 03:02:36 AM »
Ok ok ok you've all got me feeling like I should try these out. My favourite trucks I've had in recent years were some indy 159 forged titaniums. If i want something similar, what aces should I go for?

Get the 55s, run them the way you bought them for like two-three weeks, don’t fuck with anything. They’re not going to be jiggly loose or anything, but once those bushings break in you can adjust them to the desired looseness, or tightness if you feel the need.

I was hella loyal to indys for as long as I’ve skated, until I got my first pair of aces and never looked back.
Well I have like 9 Andy Anderson dated flight decks.

Eric Dolphy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 516
« Reply #3242 on: March 30, 2021, 05:14:16 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Get the 55s, run them the way you bought them for like two-three weeks, don’t fuck with anything. They’re not going to be jiggly loose or anything, but once those bushings break in you can adjust them to the desired looseness, or tightness if you feel the need.

I was hella loyal to indys for as long as I’ve skated, until I got my first pair of aces and never looked back.
Awesome, thanks for the tip! I'm comfortable on anything from super loose to medium, just don't like them too tight, so I should be able to handle that. Seems i can only get 55 high in NZ atm but i heard they're getting restocked soon. Looking forward to trying them.

Freelancevagrant

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1558
« Reply #3243 on: March 30, 2021, 05:40:24 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]
Awesome, thanks for the tip! I'm comfortable on anything from super loose to medium, just don't like them too tight, so I should be able to handle that. Seems i can only get 55 high in NZ atm but i heard they're getting restocked soon. Looking forward to trying them.

Happy to help my dude!

They come mediumish but for sure skateable. And only use ace bushings and pivot cups or it will fuck with the geometry. They were designed to be skated loose, I run mine super jiggly loose and didn’t cut my bushings or remove washers, because that will also fuck with the  geometry, but I didn’t need to, which is super nice.

I’m stoked for you dude, you’re in for such a treat!
Well I have like 9 Andy Anderson dated flight decks.

augustmoon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 787
« Reply #3244 on: March 30, 2021, 08:05:07 AM »
where are yall finding all this info on the new Aces?  any word on when theyre coming out?  im due for a new pair soon
Fuck brandon biebel... The lemon thrower

camel filters

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1274
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #3245 on: March 30, 2021, 08:10:44 AM »
If people on slap are already confused, imagine joe schmoe who never pays attention to gear specs trying to make sense of this. I know people who still don't know the difference between 139 and 144 indys.

FrozenIndustries

« Reply #3246 on: March 30, 2021, 08:19:48 AM »
where are yall finding all this info on the new Aces?  any word on when theyre coming out?  im due for a new pair soon

A Polish webshop had them up early, so pretty much all the speculation was coming from that. They got taken down though. Apparently the first big batch is sitting on a ship waiting to dock, so probably as soon as that happens they'll be up.

Frank and Fred

« Reply #3247 on: March 30, 2021, 08:29:34 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

A Polish webshop had them up early, so pretty much all the speculation was coming from that. They got taken down though. Apparently the first big batch is sitting on a ship waiting to dock, so probably as soon as that happens they'll be up.

And from some shop owners elsewhere. Some of us felt up some prototypes that are consistent with information that has been posted.

bigdave

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 180
« Reply #3248 on: March 30, 2021, 08:41:37 AM »
I got sent some info that verifies the axle lengths that we've been discussing, but not necessarily the hanger length. That said, I dont have any real reason to think the hanger measurements are wrong either...

Whatever, my new 55 classics will be here today, so I am good for awhile.
ok thanks

Krooked antihero

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 157
« Reply #3249 on: March 30, 2021, 01:30:17 PM »
Expand Quote

Got some 44s. Really like them so far.

But what's with the bushings poping out ?
[close]

I know this is late and your prob good now but switching the top washer to a Bones one solved that issue immediately and made them turn even better. But with the kingpin nut flush

I did this on my latest pair of 44’s and can comfirm it works, highly recommended.
europe's like the capitol of england and france and whatever

It sucks getting old.

arrbee

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 429
« Reply #3250 on: March 30, 2021, 04:38:54 PM »
Identity posted the AF1, they’re a US shop. Maybe they are closer to roll out now.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CND2eDfp6zx/?igshid=1vo23o5hr7qkg
Quote from: DaveFuck
youre fucking FRIED if you think im gonna listen to dan corrigan talk about cariuma

bigdave

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #3251 on: March 30, 2021, 05:20:45 PM »
Identity posted the AF1, they’re a US shop. Maybe they are closer to roll out now.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CND2eDfp6zx/?igshid=1vo23o5hr7qkg

I saw this and immediately demanded answers.
ok thanks

Rubbrick

• Rep: 140
« Reply #3252 on: March 30, 2021, 07:44:16 PM »

77’s confirmed @ 10 inches - I asked him in the DM’s. I Looks like they’re sending them out to people/shops in the US, now. I can’t wait to try some

« Last Edit: March 30, 2021, 08:10:33 PM by Rubbrick »

jay_nev

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 306
« Reply #3253 on: March 30, 2021, 08:10:56 PM »
What’s everyone’s  guess on the price of A1?

BMCsteve

• Rep: 54
« Reply #3254 on: March 30, 2021, 08:12:10 PM »
77's appear to be 9.6 according to the axle engraving

bigdave

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #3255 on: March 30, 2021, 08:14:39 PM »
What’s everyone’s  guess on the price of A1?

21.50-23 per, I bet. I dont think itll stray too high from the 21.50 you see for classics.
ok thanks

Rubbrick

• Rep: 140
« Reply #3256 on: March 30, 2021, 08:17:29 PM »
Sorry I deleted that other picture. I got too excited and started spamming. And you’re right, looks like 9.6 engraved.

I’m guessing $55 a set for the AF1’s

Diocletian

« Reply #3257 on: March 30, 2021, 09:05:18 PM »
Looks like the kingpins might be legit grade 8's with that goldish color? I saw on their IG earlier they featured someone's story with AF1's on their set-up and the kingpins are hollow. Most mysterious trucks ever, guys.

stets

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Rep: 106
« Reply #3258 on: March 30, 2021, 09:12:22 PM »
Damn. I was really hoping they would have a hex kingpin nut recess in the baseplate for easy inverted kingpin switch!
Quote from: augustmoon
lol, don't let my sticker job keep you up at night, buddy

Lou Strux

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2157
  • The Swede is down at Venice Beach, shove off!
« Reply #3259 on: March 30, 2021, 09:52:33 PM »
Baseplate’s underside finally revealed. That clarifies a bit for me.
What I took to be forged in early “sneak peaks” turns out to be their “proprietary” whatever with that nice rings logo in it.
I guess I just really wanted the new ones to be a li’l lighter.
Oh well...
As long as they still turn the same.

I wanna play you in a game of SKATE for the right to continue talking shit on me.  You think you got me?

newspaperparty

• Rep: 25
« Reply #3260 on: March 31, 2021, 02:30:23 AM »
Another euro site had them on their site yesterday, but looks like it got taken down. They had the sizing as: 33- 8.0 axle, 44- 8.25 Axle, 55 - 8.5 axle, 66- 9.0 axle

ARE YOU TELLING ME THEY STILL ARE NOT MAKING AN 8.75 TRUCK HOLY SHIT ACE THIS WHOLE TIME I THOUGHT THEY WERE MAKING AN 8.75 TRUCK DAMMIT WHAT ARE THEY THINKING. Anyways 8.75 ace is the only truck ill ever need and ive been saying that as long as these have been rumored but looks like no luck cause they are idiots and ill still be skating the 9 inch trucks which are a tad bigger than i want

IpathCats

« Reply #3261 on: March 31, 2021, 05:41:04 AM »

ARE YOU TELLING ME THEY STILL ARE NOT MAKING AN 8.75 TRUCK HOLY SHIT ACE THIS WHOLE TIME I THOUGHT THEY WERE MAKING AN 8.75 TRUCK DAMMIT WHAT ARE THEY THINKING. Anyways 8.75 ace is the only truck ill ever need and ive been saying that as long as these have been rumored but looks like no luck cause they are idiots and ill still be skating the 9 inch trucks which are a tad bigger than i want

I love seeing other people get as mad as I do over 1/4 inch differences lol, makes me feel less crazy. There was some talk earlier in the thread about there being enough extra axel on the 9" to shave them to 8.75 and be just fine. Maybe try that?

jay_nev

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #3262 on: March 31, 2021, 06:30:47 AM »
How do the real wooden universal risers fit on the Ace baseplates? Any overlap?

IpathCats

« Reply #3263 on: March 31, 2021, 07:20:09 AM »

Idk, I think they made a couple different ones. Could probably sand them. I just get the indy rubber ones and cut the extra

jay_nev

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #3264 on: March 31, 2021, 07:35:09 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Idk, I think they made a couple different ones. Could probably sand them. I just get the indy rubber ones and cut the extra
right. Have plenty of Indy risers and using them currently. Specifically asking about real wooden risers. They did make 3 versions, hence my question about the universal version

IpathCats

« Reply #3265 on: March 31, 2021, 07:39:26 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
right. Have plenty of Indy risers and using them currently. Specifically asking about real wooden risers. They did make 3 versions, hence my question about the universal version

Missed the "universal"

Diocletian

« Reply #3266 on: March 31, 2021, 07:53:37 AM »
I started using Bones risers with my Ace's and they fit like 99.4235% flush with the baseplate on all sides. Just have to tap it with your fingernail and get it perfectly lined up before you tighten the bolts all the way down. Of all the risers I've tried these seem to be the best option until Ace comes out with some Riser Force 1's.

FrozenIndustries

« Reply #3267 on: March 31, 2021, 08:50:20 AM »
I started using Bones risers with my Ace's and they fit like 99.4235% flush with the baseplate on all sides. Just have to tap it with your fingernail and get it perfectly lined up before you tighten the bolts all the way down. Of all the risers I've tried these seem to be the best option until Ace comes out with some Riser Force 1's.

Nice. How hard or soft are they? I prefer something on the softer side and have been running either Lucky or Krooked.

Frank and Fred

« Reply #3268 on: March 31, 2021, 08:55:06 AM »
Bones risers are hard. I personally think risers work best when hard.

As for the 3 ply Wood universal Real Risers, they stick out a couple of mm at the front of the baseplate on Aces. However, this does not seem to effect nose or tail slides as far as I have noticed as mine are still intact. Would be easy enough to sand down if they get a little torn up.

FrozenIndustries

« Reply #3269 on: March 31, 2021, 09:01:13 AM »
Bones risers are hard. I personally think risers work best when hard.

As for the 3 ply Wood universal Real Risers, they stick out a couple of mm at the front of the baseplate on Aces. However, this does not seem to effect nose or tail slides as far as I have noticed as mine are still intact. Would be easy enough to sand down if they get a little torn up.

Good to know, thank you. Yeah, I get that most people like a harder riser but I am just not into them. No rubber shock pads either, though.