Author Topic: Ace trucks  (Read 739033 times)

jay_nev

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 306
Re: Ace trucks
« Reply #3270 on: March 31, 2021, 09:58:51 AM »
Bones risers are hard. I personally think risers work best when hard.

As for the 3 ply Wood universal Real Risers, they stick out a couple of mm at the front of the baseplate on Aces. However, this does not seem to effect nose or tail slides as far as I have noticed as mine are still intact. Would be easy enough to sand down if they get a little torn up.
thats a bit of a bummer. Maybe they matchup with indy flush

bigdave

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 180
« Reply #3271 on: March 31, 2021, 10:01:05 AM »
Just requested some lil jawns custom solid block risers. Aint cheap, but the OCD in me wont let me ride bones (I dont ride Bones bearings or wheels) or Indy (theyre fucking Ace trucks!)

Im a little sketched that the AF1 baseplates might be slightly different...maybe I dont need to be concerned about that?
ok thanks

Diocletian

« Reply #3272 on: March 31, 2021, 10:28:46 AM »
Just requested some lil jawns custom solid block risers. Aint cheap, but the OCD in me wont let me ride bones (I dont ride Bones bearings or wheels) or Indy (theyre fucking Ace trucks!)

Im a little sketched that the AF1 baseplates might be slightly different...maybe I dont need to be concerned about that?

They're risers dude. Holy fuck.

bigdave

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #3273 on: March 31, 2021, 10:33:18 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

its mental heath shit dude. Holy fuck.
ok thanks

yourbreakfsat

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 751
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #3274 on: March 31, 2021, 11:04:54 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
I love ace and only skate their trucks but like this whole truck sizing thing is a mess. Having two lines of trucks out from one brand seems so confusing and redundant. I dont see why they couldnt of just scrapped the classic line and than made the new af1s in all the previous sizes while introducing an 8.5 truck as a 49 and an 8.75 as a 51.  The fact that the classic 44s are going to have the same hanger width as the new 55s is pretty ridiculous, and that the new 9' 66s have a smaller hanger than the classic 55s. Wouldve been so much smarter to just introduce an 8.5 and an 8.75 truck not a complete weird rework of all the pre existing stuff.
[close]

Because then you'll have people pissed that they've scrapped the classic line.

Honestly this is the best way they could've pulled this off. Keep the classics for those that don't want to change, and introduce the AF1 for those that want to try something new.
[close]

What would people be pissed off about if they scrapped the classic line but still reused the same sizing? The change in font for the numbers???

None of us know how the new Aces perform. It could be for better or for worse. Those that don't like how the new Aces perform can still stick with the old ones without worrying about running out of stock.

Same reason why people still skate older stages of Indys.

Rubbrick

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 140
« Reply #3275 on: March 31, 2021, 01:07:22 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Yeah I don’t get this. Lil jawns sells their risers for $15-20, too. Such a ripoff. They’re rails are rad, though. I got some parking block shaped ones

bigdave

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #3276 on: March 31, 2021, 01:55:53 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

Yeah I don’t get this. Lil jawns sells their risers for $15-20, too. Such a ripoff. They’re rails are rad, though. I got some parking block shaped ones

You dont have to.

Not your risers.
Not your money.
Not your madness.
ok thanks

Bigwheelbite

• Rep: -162
« Reply #3277 on: March 31, 2021, 02:06:33 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

Got some 44s. Really like them so far.

But what's with the bushings poping out ?
[close]

I know this is late and your prob good now but switching the top washer to a Bones one solved that issue immediately and made them turn even better. But with the kingpin nut flush

[close]
I did this on my latest pair of 44’s and can comfirm it works, highly recommended.

U know it.

For 54mm plus wheels - stick some 1/8 risers on and the turn gets even better! U can defo see why a lot of ppl are doing this.

antarctica

• Rep: 21
  • why
« Reply #3278 on: March 31, 2021, 02:15:38 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
I love ace and only skate their trucks but like this whole truck sizing thing is a mess. Having two lines of trucks out from one brand seems so confusing and redundant. I dont see why they couldnt of just scrapped the classic line and than made the new af1s in all the previous sizes while introducing an 8.5 truck as a 49 and an 8.75 as a 51.  The fact that the classic 44s are going to have the same hanger width as the new 55s is pretty ridiculous, and that the new 9' 66s have a smaller hanger than the classic 55s. Wouldve been so much smarter to just introduce an 8.5 and an 8.75 truck not a complete weird rework of all the pre existing stuff.
[close]

Honestly this is the best way they could've pulled this off. Keep the classics for those that don't want to change, and introduce the AF1 for those that want to try something new.
[close]

What would people be pissed off about if they scrapped the classic line but still reused the same sizing? The change in font for the numbers???
[close]

None of us know how the new Aces perform. It could be for better or for worse. Those that don't like how the new Aces perform can still stick with the old ones without worrying about running out of stock.

The new trucks use the exact same geometry.
It says it at the top of the fucking advertisement for the AF1s.

It was stupid of ace to make two different lines of trucks. Literally no point in having two lines of trucks with different axle and hanger lenghts that use the same numbering system. Just going to confuse everybody who wants them.

Frank and Fred

« Reply #3279 on: March 31, 2021, 02:25:07 PM »
For those that wanted to know, here are the 3ply Real Risers on an Ace.

yourbreakfsat

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 751
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #3280 on: March 31, 2021, 03:07:17 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

The new trucks use the exact same geometry.
It says it at the top of the fucking advertisement for the AF1s.

It was stupid of ace to make two different lines of trucks. Literally no point in having two lines of trucks with different axle and hanger lenghts that use the same numbering system. Just going to confuse everybody who wants them.

Sure, but they also changed the bushings and have different axle nuts (their second shot at reinventing them).

Honestly this is a dumb thing to get heated over.

jay_nev

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 306
« Reply #3281 on: March 31, 2021, 04:49:51 PM »
For those that wanted to know, here are the 3ply Real Risers on an Ace.

i asked. Thanks @Frank and Fred, always helpful

FatGuy92

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 566
« Reply #3282 on: April 01, 2021, 12:48:39 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Ok ok ok you've all got me feeling like I should try these out. My favourite trucks I've had in recent years were some indy 159 forged titaniums. If i want something similar, what aces should I go for?

Thanks in advance and shalom
[close]

Get the 55s, run them the way you bought them for like two-three weeks, don’t fuck with anything. They’re not going to be jiggly loose or anything, but once those bushings break in you can adjust them to the desired looseness, or tightness if you feel the need.

I was hella loyal to indys for as long as I’ve skated, until I got my first pair of aces and never looked back.
[close]
Awesome, thanks for the tip! I'm comfortable on anything from super loose to medium, just don't like them too tight, so I should be able to handle that. Seems i can only get 55 high in NZ atm but i heard they're getting restocked soon. Looking forward to trying them.
[close]

Happy to help my dude!

They come mediumish but for sure skateable. And only use ace bushings and pivot cups or it will fuck with the geometry. They were designed to be skated loose, I run mine super jiggly loose and didn’t cut my bushings or remove washers, because that will also fuck with the  geometry, but I didn’t need to, which is super nice.

I’m stoked for you dude, you’re in for such a treat!

Out of curiosity, how do you get them jiggly loose with stock everything? I had to switch out the top bushings to shorter ones to do that. I tried running them stock super loose and my back kingpin nut fell off doing slappies.

Diocletian

« Reply #3283 on: April 01, 2021, 07:00:53 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

You dont have to.

Not your risers.
Not your money.
Not your madness.

Thank God.

arrbee

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 429
« Reply #3284 on: April 01, 2021, 07:16:47 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

You dont have to.

Not your risers.
Not your money.
Not your madness.
[close]

Thank God.

I know we aren't madness shaming in the gear section, come on were better than this.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2021, 09:09:41 AM by arrbee »
Quote from: DaveFuck
youre fucking FRIED if you think im gonna listen to dan corrigan talk about cariuma

FrozenIndustries

« Reply #3285 on: April 01, 2021, 07:45:49 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

You dont have to.

Not your risers.
Not your money.
Not your madness.
[close]

Thank God.
[close]

I know we aren't madness shaming on in the gear section, come on were better than this.

Permission to sig, sir?

Edit: Plusskateboarding on Insta has the AF1 spec sheet in their stories, says they'll be available next week.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2021, 08:50:49 AM by FrozenIndustries »

arrbee

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 429
« Reply #3286 on: April 01, 2021, 09:11:05 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

You dont have to.

Not your risers.
Not your money.
Not your madness.
[close]

Thank God.
[close]

I know we aren't madness shaming on in the gear section, come on were better than this.
[close]

Permission to sig, sir?

Edit: Plusskateboarding on Insta has the AF1 spec sheet in their stories, says they'll be available next week.

Granted!

And I got you on the spec sheet
Quote from: DaveFuck
youre fucking FRIED if you think im gonna listen to dan corrigan talk about cariuma

bigdave

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #3287 on: April 01, 2021, 09:40:35 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

You dont have to.

Not your risers.
Not your money.
Not your madness.
[close]

Thank God.
[close]

[close]

Permission to sig, sir?

[close]

Granted!

And I got you on the spec sheet

Axles match board size*

*cue cries of terror from 8.75" crowd
ok thanks

Frank and Fred

« Reply #3288 on: April 01, 2021, 09:41:19 AM »
No info on hanger sizes? That's the measurement that matters.

Diocletian

« Reply #3289 on: April 01, 2021, 09:45:14 AM »
For anyone curious about the axle material:

https://www.jfs-steel.com/en/product/SCM440.html

Looks equivalent to 4140? Krux advertised their new trucks with the "SCM440" axles.

Xen

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 939
  • U neg cuz UR insecure-glad I got under your skin
« Reply #3290 on: April 01, 2021, 09:45:46 AM »
Lol, upgraded aesthetics with baseplate logos you will never see again...guess there ran out of things to hype.

So all I'm getting is a stronger truck due to better materials and better cups/bushings and standard industry sizes. I'll still try a pair because ACE...
« Last Edit: April 01, 2021, 09:58:46 AM by Xen »

Xen

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #3291 on: April 01, 2021, 09:46:48 AM »

Bruh....

Frank and Fred

« Reply #3292 on: April 01, 2021, 09:52:23 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Bruh....

you know it.

axle width has very little influence on performance. i'm curious if the AF1 9"ers will have a shorter hanger so I can watch BigDave freak out some more.

antarctica

• why
« Reply #3293 on: April 01, 2021, 09:54:40 AM »
Honestly cant believe im saying this but I think im better off with just sticking with the current 44s lol

bigdave

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #3294 on: April 01, 2021, 09:56:37 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

Bruh....
[close]

you know it.

axle width has very little influence on performance. i'm curious if the AF1 9"ers will have a shorter hanger so I can watch BigDave freak out some more.

lol I will not freak out. I will definitely be buying one pair of 66s immediately.
ok thanks

Murge

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 427
« Reply #3295 on: April 01, 2021, 09:59:06 AM »
To the pals that ride classic 44s if y’all plan on trying the AF1s what size are you thinking? I usually skate 8.38-8.5 and I’ve not had to think of what size to do since I got aces. I’m leaning to the 55af1s

Xen

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #3296 on: April 01, 2021, 10:00:07 AM »
Honestly cant believe im saying this but I think im better off with just sticking with the current 44s lol

If they're not bending or breaking on you and you don't mind the axle size, nope, no reason. Now the 8.5" crowd is probably the happiest.

antarctica

• why
« Reply #3297 on: April 01, 2021, 10:01:22 AM »
To the pals that ride classic 44s if y’all plan on trying the AF1s what size are you thinking? I usually skate 8.38-8.5 and I’ve not had to think of what size to do since I got aces. I’m leaking to the 55af1s

Im having the same problem lol, prob gonna buy an extra pair of normal 44s before i pull the trigger on either the af144 or af155

Frank and Fred

« Reply #3298 on: April 01, 2021, 10:02:56 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

Bruh....
[close]

you know it.

[close]

lol I will not freak out. I will definitely be buying one pair of 66s immediately.

Me too.

I'll likely sample both the Af1 55s and 66s. My goal is to stick to one truck size though, so hope I can make the 66s work. I typically skate boards between 8.5 popsicles and 9.25" shapes.

antarctica

• why
« Reply #3299 on: April 01, 2021, 10:03:14 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

If they're not bending or breaking on you and you don't mind the axle size, nope, no reason. Now the 8.5" crowd is probably the happiest.

Yea exactly, i ride 8.18 to 8.6 so the normal 44s are pretty prime right now, def gonna try a pair of the af1s tho, just because