Author Topic: Ace trucks  (Read 747879 times)

rawbertson.

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 678
  • yo yo, yo yo yo yo
    • my youtube avatar image
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
Re: Ace trucks
« Reply #5790 on: September 12, 2022, 06:45:41 AM »
i really didnt notice any difference in weight going from Hollow Indys to Polished Aces. i imagine the indys are lighter though. I cant find hard numbers on what different trucks weigh at the same size.

I feel like i am starting to get really passive aggressive towards indy riders even though i still ride them on my other board

yourbreakfsat

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 762
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #5791 on: September 12, 2022, 08:10:34 AM »
i really didnt notice any difference in weight going from Hollow Indys to Polished Aces. i imagine the indys are lighter though. I cant find hard numbers on what different trucks weigh at the same size.

I feel like i am starting to get really passive aggressive towards indy riders even though i still ride them on my other board

via Tactics:

https://www.tactics.com/ace/af-1-low-hollow-kingpin-skateboard-trucks/polished-silver-60

https://www.tactics.com/independent/hollow-stage-11-skateboard-trucks/silver-159

rawbertson.

• SLAP Pal
  • yo yo, yo yo yo yo
« Reply #5792 on: September 12, 2022, 08:16:53 AM »
thanks breakfast! So its not crazy different from the looks of it

goodatmeth

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 618
« Reply #5793 on: September 12, 2022, 08:54:37 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

via Tactics:

https://www.tactics.com/ace/af-1-low-hollow-kingpin-skateboard-trucks/polished-silver-60

https://www.tactics.com/independent/hollow-stage-11-skateboard-trucks/silver-159

how are they even coming up with all these different height specs on those ace lows?
All sizes should be 49mm

goodatmeth

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #5794 on: September 12, 2022, 03:39:30 PM »
Ace just announced a new size "80" in the comments of this post.
Also inverted kingpin "soonish" and hollow 60s coming soon.

toe_knee

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 210
  • Get bent
« Reply #5795 on: September 12, 2022, 07:27:28 PM »
Oh yea gonna get a pair of hollow for my lows baby!!
You want some queso?”
Dan Drehobl to me at make a wish, while handing me a hotdog

yourbreakfsat

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 762
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #5796 on: September 12, 2022, 08:14:24 PM »
Ace just announced a new size "80" in the comments of this post.
Also inverted kingpin "soonish" and hollow 60s coming soon.

Indy 215 users drooling right now

Roisto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 474
« Reply #5797 on: September 12, 2022, 08:58:42 PM »
They seem to be going all in. How about mag plates again or forged? Titanium axles? All magnesium? Looking forward to what the future holds. Although I have no need for the 80s and I don’t usually care for lighter trucks.

logjammin

• Rep: 336
« Reply #5798 on: September 12, 2022, 09:17:17 PM »

Been running this for awhile after having problems ripping different types of cups and warping the baseplates of AF1's. Stage 7 baseplates with inverted kingpins. Using the stock super hard plastic cups that come in new China Indy's. No issues and the geometry is perfect, the turn feels just as good, if not maybe even better? No issues with the kingpin loosening either. AF1 44 hangers, low top bushings for more clearance.

chillclinton87

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 132
« Reply #5799 on: September 13, 2022, 06:58:33 AM »
Any euro pals got leads to the new hollows round these parts? did they already drop in EU?

Thanks in advance

LebowskisRug

« Reply #5800 on: September 13, 2022, 10:31:00 AM »
So they weigh what an Indy Standard does now?

shpongle

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Rep: 212
  • love everyOne and tell the truth
« Reply #5801 on: September 17, 2022, 07:12:01 AM »

DeepSpace9mm

• Rep: 100
« Reply #5802 on: September 17, 2022, 01:16:08 PM »
Mid session today I noticed a weird sound coming from AF1 66 Hollows.

It’s a good thing I stopped when I did because the hanger on my rear truck was rattling loose and about a thread away from falling off.

When I went to tighten it I was able to tighten it down till the nut was flush with kingpin by using my finger. Strange. Hard bushings too.

I swapped the nut and the same thing happened again pretty quickly. I wasn’t even doing much.

Swapped the nut AGAIN and swapped out the broken-in Ace Hard bushings for the stock bushings, tightened down a thread or so past flush and it seems to be OK for now.

Running the Ace Hard bushings with the nuts flush has been good for me in the past, and is my preference but I guess this one kingpin doesn’t like that. It’s weird that it does this with hard bushings and not the softer ones.

Edit: OK, now I‘ve taken apart the front truck too and the kingpin is super loose. Bummer. Warranty time, both trucks.

« Last Edit: September 17, 2022, 02:33:53 PM by DeepSpace9mm »

logjammin

« Reply #5803 on: September 18, 2022, 11:50:00 AM »
The kingpin is loose in the baseplate?

DeepSpace9mm

« Reply #5804 on: September 18, 2022, 12:42:49 PM »

Yes it is

Mbrimson88

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1029
  • Just another skate shop guy
« Reply #5805 on: September 18, 2022, 05:48:05 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Yes it is

When I first saw that I thought "Well that would make it easier to remove for those people who wanted to put in an inverted kingpin" but then also thought if it is coming loose, the hole widens out and that would cause more issues in the long run.

Best to use the warranty option if it is available.

I only really mess with stuff and really take everything apart and change it around if the trucks, wheels or whatever are long past that, but any other issues, at least the companies like Ace are good to take care of customers.

I talk too much about skateboards.  Sorry.

DeepSpace9mm

« Reply #5806 on: September 18, 2022, 06:18:45 PM »
Ace customer service will handle it. It’s all good. I was enjoying the trucks so I’m just looking forward to skating them again.

logjammin

« Reply #5807 on: September 19, 2022, 06:07:37 AM »
Sounds like maybe it wasn't pressed into the baseplate all the way properly from the factory? I don't see how it could come loose so fast considering the casting is stronger

Chronic85

« Reply #5808 on: September 19, 2022, 07:19:12 AM »
Any euro pals got leads to the new hollows round these parts? did they already drop in EU?

Thanks in advance

Just asked Skatedeluxe if they got any info on the hollows. They said early October.

manysnakes

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1094
« Reply #5809 on: September 19, 2022, 09:16:42 AM »

Been running this for awhile after having problems ripping different types of cups and warping the baseplates of AF1's. Stage 7 baseplates with inverted kingpins. Using the stock super hard plastic cups that come in new China Indy's. No issues and the geometry is perfect, the turn feels just as good, if not maybe even better? No issues with the kingpin loosening either. AF1 44 hangers, low top bushings for more clearance.

My controversial take is that those hard plastic cups function as well or better than any fancy polyurethane ones.
This is not my SOTY. I'm telling my kids there was no SOTY for 2021

manysnakes

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #5810 on: September 19, 2022, 09:19:16 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Yes it is

The kingpin on both of my Classics came loose. Eventually, like you, I just got Ace to replace them under warranty and they sent me some AF1s.

Frank and Fred

« Reply #5811 on: September 19, 2022, 09:21:41 AM »
My kingpins come loose on all my trucks.(Ace, Thunder and Indy) I like it.

Mcidraque

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 211
« Reply #5812 on: September 19, 2022, 10:14:55 AM »

Thanks in advance

southern europe distro told me they should be here around next month.

logjammin

« Reply #5813 on: September 19, 2022, 12:40:02 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

My controversial take is that those hard plastic cups function as well or better than any fancy polyurethane ones.

They definitely do, and seem indestructible. I'm not sure if Indy sells them as their aftermarket cup options, seems like they only come stock in that crazy hard style plastic.

manysnakes

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #5814 on: September 19, 2022, 02:19:28 PM »
I’ve bought replacements from my shop so unless they are aftermarket, I assume that they sell them in some kind of bulk package of spare parts shops buy.

rawbertson.

• SLAP Pal
  • yo yo, yo yo yo yo
« Reply #5815 on: September 21, 2022, 06:51:55 AM »
I understand now why people say you start loose as possible then slowly tighten the trucks. Because it will slowly start to get even looser over time. it doesnt feel as stable now after 2 weeks of riding them. then you can tighten it down a bit more slowly to compensate for it somewhat. i started it about 1/2 thread down hopefully its not too bad. the bushings still seems in good shape, very minimal signs of tearing yet. i do still have the original Ace Bushings i could throw back in there too if these Blue Indy ones get too chewed.

Bumba

• Rep: 32
« Reply #5816 on: September 21, 2022, 01:07:03 PM »
Anyone know when Ace switched to the 86a bottom bushings in the classics? Bought some 33s a few months ago but haven't set them up. Not sure how long they've been in the shop so I'm just wondering if they might have the old Ace bushings. Just wondering because I really want to skate the 86a bottom bushing

goodatmeth

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #5817 on: September 21, 2022, 01:14:34 PM »
Why ask this instead of just trying them. Squish it, if it's soft it's soft.

Bumba

• Rep: 32
« Reply #5818 on: September 21, 2022, 01:25:58 PM »
Why ask this instead of just trying them. Squish it, if it's soft it's soft.

Because I have severe madness and there always has to be something about my set up to constantly question haha

DeepSpace9mm

« Reply #5819 on: September 21, 2022, 06:08:14 PM »
Anyone know when Ace switched to the 86a bottom bushings in the classics? Bought some 33s a few months ago but haven't set them up. Not sure how long they've been in the shop so I'm just wondering if they might have the old Ace bushings. Just wondering because I really want to skate the 86a bottom bushing

Haven’t the classics always had 86a barrel bottoms and 91a conical tops? Dual Duro bushins. ”loose trucks save lives” and all that.

All of the Classics I had came with softer barrels and harder cones. They do sell 94a Hard bushing sets.