Author Topic: Ace trucks  (Read 747295 times)

logjammin

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 336
Re: Ace trucks
« Reply #6240 on: March 06, 2023, 08:34:54 AM »
Yes, they are a firmer feeling urethane and a bit more durable than stock AF1 cups.

elegant_fox

« Reply #6241 on: March 06, 2023, 08:42:19 AM »
I tried the AF1 55s on transition for the first time this weekend and they felt too squirrelly even three threads cranked.

I may need to swap out the bushings if I want to really use these on the 12ft bowl in the park. The regular bushings feel great for street use though.

greenbeans

« Reply #6242 on: March 06, 2023, 11:39:30 AM »
does Ace not sell a replacement kingpin/washer set? i see that they did at some point, the ones i found online seem to be old packaging/branding. i've basically slappy feebled my back truck kingpin/nut/washer into dust and its all but fused together as one piece lol

Sorry for responding late but I feel lazy to check if someone replied. I don’t recall seeing ace sell kingpins but I’ve hammered the kingpin out and put Krux inverted

RodneyMcMuncher

• Rep: 1
« Reply #6243 on: March 06, 2023, 05:08:33 PM »
Gentleman.
Does anyone have a weight for the AF1 low in a 33 or can anyone please point me in the right direction?
Much appreciated

goodatmeth

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 617
« Reply #6244 on: March 06, 2023, 06:04:48 PM »
Gentleman.
Does anyone have a weight for the AF1 low in a 33 or can anyone please point me in the right direction?
Much appreciated

Literally google "af1 low 33 weight"
360g

Also, skatedeluxe.com has all those specs

RodneyMcMuncher

• Rep: 1
« Reply #6245 on: March 06, 2023, 06:38:57 PM »
Thank you Sir

Ok

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1112
« Reply #6246 on: March 06, 2023, 07:09:54 PM »
Haven’t seen a lot of people on the lows. I like low trucks, I just haven’t been into ace.

I’ve been recently influenced.
Skated my af-1 44 today. I rarely get to skate, and skating is fun.

rikki

• Rep: 284
« Reply #6247 on: March 12, 2023, 05:21:09 AM »
Been skating 44 Classics on my 8.4 and AF1 55s on my 8.5 for a while now, and love them both.

However, the stock bushings started to feel too soft, as I’ve grown into liking tighter trucks again.

Hence, I swapped the stock mediums for Ace Hards and they are f*cking perfect. Hard enough so you don’t have to tighten the trucks to show 17 threads, but still turns like an Ace should.

Mind you, I’m a light dude, 145 lbs, but I like the stability the hard bushings bring on flatground (pop, setting up for tricks) and also when skating fast, bigger transitions.

For anyone struggling with the Ace stock bushings, I highly recommend trying the hards. They might feel a bit too hard initially, but give them a little time to break them in and they will be perfect.

streetmeat

• Rep: 170
« Reply #6248 on: March 12, 2023, 07:00:21 AM »
have a pair of AF1 55s on ive i might run with hard bushing to try it out. i have no issues with the stock on my 44 classics but everyone seems to say the hard ones are great

oliknight

« Reply #6249 on: March 12, 2023, 07:10:31 AM »
Can anyone please tell me how to google information about ace trucks please?

Esmith5488

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 400
« Reply #6250 on: March 12, 2023, 07:13:31 PM »
Can anyone please tell me how to google information about ace trucks please?
Ask Jeeves

thanksgiving

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rep: 214
« Reply #6251 on: March 13, 2023, 01:31:48 AM »
AF1 WILL NOT FIT INDY/ACE CLASSIC PIVOTS

Wafools

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rep: 42
« Reply #6252 on: March 13, 2023, 08:28:57 AM »
AF1 WILL NOT FIT INDY/ACE CLASSIC PIVOTS

They like “kinda fit”. I blew out an af1 pivot cup and only had an Indy and put it in. It fits and it works but it’s not as tall as an ace pivot cup. Like the pivot cup hole is a lot deeper than Indy. It worked but it sat bellow the baseplate by a MM or two. Might bother some people but I didn’t mind it.

TheSickness

• Rep: 14
« Reply #6253 on: March 13, 2023, 08:41:18 AM »
Expand Quote
Why are you opposed to just riding the AF1 stock pivot cups? Those and Riptides are both solid options.
[close]

For me, on my af-1 44s, the trucks are just to squiggly. I also lose pop, swerving instead of setting up.
Are the riptides more firm?

I had the same issue, but once I got the ACE hard bushings.  You have no idea how much of a great truck they became!
I don't imagine ever switching to anything else.  The buttery grind you get with Classic Aces is unbeatable, the turn is rad but for me the best part of both AF1 and Classics is the soft metal grind! 

jgonzalez

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 770
  • no not never. looser.
    • JGonz4ever avatar image
« Reply #6254 on: March 25, 2023, 08:44:24 PM »
Someone mentioned wanting to see axled ace af1 trucks. Made me think about I haven’t axled mine yet despite skating them since the fall granted rain has kept me off the board a lot. Feel like I hit axle on independent stage 11 a lot quicker and wondering if the new stage 4s are hard metal like af1 if anyone knows about how the grinds feel or structure or the metal. Still skating some deep groove ace classics as well sometimes and enjoying them on their last legs felt like they ground away to axel a lot quicker also but maybe just skated a lot during the pandemic

Also these trucks are still rickety. Wouldn’t say squeaky sounds like the bottom washer is grinding along the kingpin this happen to anyone? Kinda annoying figured it would just go away as I kept skating but it makes the board sound so creaky not squeaky kinda annoying and makes the turn feel less smooth despite probably just being superficial

nothing's been the since same

Shady Individual

• Rep: 11
« Reply #6255 on: March 26, 2023, 12:14:46 AM »
60 lows with risers. Skated these on my regular 8.75 deck and went through a front top bushing every month. Ended up switching everything out for stock Indy bushings and washers and been holding up way better.

Ok

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1112
« Reply #6256 on: March 26, 2023, 06:38:18 AM »
60 lows with risers. Skated these on my regular 8.75 deck and went through a front top bushing every month. Ended up switching everything out for stock Indy bushings and washers and been holding up way better.

Do you like the lows?
Nice work

logjammin

• Rep: 336
« Reply #6257 on: March 26, 2023, 07:45:47 AM »
Proper groovage, nice dude!

sebbo

• Rep: 20
« Reply #6258 on: March 26, 2023, 09:31:10 AM »
what kind of boards work good with 55 Af-1s? Been riding royals for the past year but had to get something else cause my kingpin broke on a recent skatetrip?

TheAvidBleeder

• Rep: 3
« Reply #6259 on: March 26, 2023, 01:26:09 PM »
I have been skating a pair of AF1’s off and on for about 6 months and noticed both kingpins are loose when I replaced the top bushings with hards.  The holes are wallowed out and the back kingpin fell all the way through when the baseplate was removed from my board.  I’ve had this happen a couple times with the older classics, but didn’t expect this with the AF1’s.  I put in a warranty claim and hopefully they will send me another set since there is plenty of life left.  They did so for me in the past. I mostly skate curbs so maybe the repeated stress of bashing into slappies took its toll.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2023, 04:03:36 PM by TheAvidBleeder »

Tireeedd

• Rep: 79
« Reply #6260 on: March 26, 2023, 02:06:50 PM »

this looks wonderful

rikki

« Reply #6261 on: March 27, 2023, 12:02:00 AM »
what kind of boards work good with 55 Af-1s? Been riding royals for the past year but had to get something else cause my kingpin broke on a recent skatetrip?

I love my AF1 55's (with stock bushings) on my bowl/transition setup (8.5 deck with Bones SPF 84b wheels), the turning feels like surfing and grinds great. I'm a light dude, so for heavier guys I would recommend the Ace hard bushings, but many bowl riders seem to enjoy the trucks with the stock mediums as they really turn like on a cloud.

FatGuy92

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 577
« Reply #6262 on: March 27, 2023, 01:20:25 AM »

Very sick. I was thinking of moving from 44 classics to 55 af1 lows with 1/16 riser to help get a quicker pop. This makes me wanna go for it.

rawbertson.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 678
  • yo yo, yo yo yo yo
    • my youtube avatar image
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #6263 on: March 27, 2023, 07:26:55 AM »
cant see ace lows being good. they already feel wheelbitey, not sure why you would more of that feeling. then again some people crank the fuck out of them so maybe it doesnt matter.

Ace trucks on 8" boards (size 33 from Ace i believe) feels so weird to me too becuase i feel like no matter how loose you have them, i have to tic tac like hell with every other brand, even indy, but with ace you actually can still swerve pretty nice. but if i am riding an 8" board i dont want to wheelbite so i think id rather stick with venture and just fully embrace the tic tac.

next time i buy Ace i MIGHT go hollows actually because i am finding these AF1 66s are pretty damn heavy. but this board is mostly just meant to slash curbs and do flat ground. its 9" egg. not really meant to heelflip manny something super high and tbh i dont care to do much more stuff like that anymore (could always just get out my 8" to handle that too). i just like how solid everything feels though and dont really want the tinnyness of hollows on this setup...

turdtastic

• Rep: 53
« Reply #6264 on: March 27, 2023, 09:31:22 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I love my AF1 55's (with stock bushings) on my bowl/transition setup (8.5 deck with Bones SPF 84b wheels), the turning feels like surfing and grinds great. I'm a light dude, so for heavier guys I would recommend the Ace hard bushings, but many bowl riders seem to enjoy the trucks with the stock mediums as they really turn like on a cloud.
I just switched from Classics to AF1 Hollows, and the bushings are vastly different.
I love my Classics stock, but on my AF1s I got crazy wheelbite with the stock bushings and still a little with the Ace hard as well.
I threw some Bones hard in and they feel great now.
For perspective, I’m a fairly big dude, 6’1 220lbs.

rikki

« Reply #6265 on: March 27, 2023, 09:37:02 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
I just switched from Classics to AF1 Hollows, and the bushings are vastly different.
I love my Classics stock, but on my AF1s I got crazy wheelbite with the stock bushings and still a little with the Ace hard as well.
I threw some Bones hard in and they feel great now.
For perspective, I’m a fairly big dude, 6’1 220lbs.

I'm 145lbs., so yeah, that might play a part. :D

Shady Individual

• Rep: 11
« Reply #6266 on: March 27, 2023, 12:41:15 PM »

Do you like the lows?
Nice work

Thanks! I like them but must admit these the only Ace I've owned so don't know how they compare to the highs. The stock bushings were too soft for me (being tall and weighing around 200) but the Indy fit and work good for me.

oliknight

« Reply #6267 on: March 29, 2023, 06:40:00 AM »
Has anyone had any issues with bolts being able to be finger tightened on the axle? I just got some new af1 55s and I tried the bolts they came with and they just didn’t feel tight enough, even took the speed rings off so there was more room to tighten. I have tried multiple other bolts and they literally just spin freely, pretty disappointing.

sebbo

• Rep: 20
« Reply #6268 on: March 29, 2023, 06:51:31 AM »
Has anyone had any issues with bolts being able to be finger tightened on the axle? I just got some new af1 55s and I tried the bolts they came with and they just didn’t feel tight enough, even took the speed rings off so there was more room to tighten. I have tried multiple other bolts and they literally just spin freely, pretty disappointing.

Noticed that as well today. One nut was almost falling off. Maybe my fault though, not sure.
But I am going back to royals again anyway.

kneebone

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 356
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #6269 on: March 29, 2023, 07:05:26 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Noticed that as well today. One nut was almost falling off. Maybe my fault though, not sure.
But I am going back to royals again anyway.
Pretty well documented in this thread that the Ace AF1 re-threader axle nuts are shit for this reason. Just switch em out for any other axle nut, they're $1 for a 4pack at my local