Author Topic: Ace trucks  (Read 747392 times)

FGO925

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 20
Re: Ace trucks
« Reply #6720 on: November 12, 2023, 11:55:49 AM »
Plenty out there. SoCal has some.

Thanks for that. Tried calling most my local shops and no one had em.

Now to decide if I want to grab the classic 44’s or a set of the Indy stage 4’s.

Haven’t skated ace in a while and I loved my old pair of classics I had years ago for the quick turn. These would be for an alternate setup to fuck around and only skate transition on. Someone convince me what to get

Ok

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1112
« Reply #6721 on: November 12, 2023, 03:06:55 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Now to decide if I want to grab the classic 44’s or a set of the Indy stage 4’s.

Haven’t skated ace in a while and I loved my old pair of classics I had years ago for the quick turn. These would be for an alternate setup to fuck around and only skate transition on. Someone convince me what to get

ace classic 55s, my faves.

whatever jacopo, jack o’grady, but especially that willow guy from the gx1000 video. whatever he uses. get those.

ace are honestly great for transition and/or any setups with big wheels.

Frank and Fred

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 780
« Reply #6722 on: November 12, 2023, 03:24:17 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Get the Ace Classics. Stage 4s are super fun but have some downsides. Heavy, no kingpin clearance and the turn isn't as good as ace classics  imo.

bombsaway86

• Rep: 160
« Reply #6723 on: November 12, 2023, 05:55:30 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I prefer Ace for transition in general, especially bowl skating. I haven’t skated the stage 4, but standard Indy’s have the advantage of a better grind on pool coping and stability for skating giant vert ramps

Gandito405

• Rep: 6
« Reply #6724 on: November 14, 2023, 10:33:59 AM »
Expand Quote
After a year os so on AF1s, I threw my Classics back on this weekend and my oh my what a truck. For whatever reason, I skate better on Classics. Might have to go back to them full time... If only there was a Classic 8.75"...

Anyway, hard bushings fit just fine... maybe a bit more of a squeeze but great once broken in.
[close]

take some 55's down to 8.75" with this. you'd need to shorten and re tap your axles. that was the wrong clip but there's another one where they remove quite a bit of material fairly easily.

the forbidden suppresser

Kaydubbb

« Reply #6725 on: November 16, 2023, 08:27:00 PM »
Does anyone know the bushing heights for both low and regular aftermarket ace bushings?

Mbrimson88

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1028
  • Just another skate shop guy
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #6726 on: November 16, 2023, 08:57:16 PM »
Does anyone know the bushing heights for both low and regular aftermarket ace bushings?

Back on page 147 here and also the bushing thread, I had put up a list of all the main brainds.

https://www.slapmagazine.com/index.php?topic=112631.msg3509299#msg3509299

Ace low
Total  22 mm
Top  10 mm
Bottom  12 mm

Ace classic
Total  26 mm
Top  12 mm
Bottom  14 mm

https://mesaskatesupply.com/collections/bushings-parts

I thought they had them on the Ace site too, but only the duro of the bushings.

Ace Classic and AF1 are the same, from what I can recall.

I talk too much about skateboards.  Sorry.

Kaydubbb

« Reply #6727 on: November 16, 2023, 09:51:44 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Back on page 147 here and also the bushing thread, I had put up a list of all the main brainds.

https://www.slapmagazine.com/index.php?topic=112631.msg3509299#msg3509299

Ace low
Total  22 mm
Top  10 mm
Bottom  12 mm

Ace classic
Total  26 mm
Top  12 mm
Bottom  14 mm

https://mesaskatesupply.com/collections/bushings-parts

I thought they had them on the Ace site too, but only the duro of the bushings.

Ace Classic and AF1 are the same, from what I can recall.

Cheers mate, looks like I'm buying both and putting the classic bottom and low tops in my tensor ATG's.

LebowskisRug

« Reply #6728 on: November 16, 2023, 11:07:30 PM »
Ryan Lay on AF1 in the new Gifted Hater vid

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 36
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #6729 on: November 16, 2023, 11:49:00 PM »
Nice, he used to skate for Krux right?
Expand Quote
forgive me if i somehow missed it, but could someone help me with just how flat the flat as fuck decks really are?
[close]

As Fuck.

Scottboarding

• Rep: 82
« Reply #6730 on: November 22, 2023, 09:11:28 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
Yeah used to ride for Krux. Funny that he went from trucks famous for not turning to the turniest truck on the market.

Badandoldskater

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Rep: 31
« Reply #6731 on: November 22, 2023, 10:18:07 AM »
Man first time on ace classics, squirrelly but boy are they fun and turny. No wonder you folks love em.

cucktard

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 269
« Reply #6732 on: November 22, 2023, 02:36:48 PM »
Do all AF1 lows come with hollow kingpins?
I’m trying to be every mom’s favorite skater’-&&

Duane's the type of guy to ask to see your junk then go to school and tell everyone you're gay. - Uncle Flea

goodatmeth

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 618
« Reply #6733 on: November 22, 2023, 02:54:51 PM »
Yeah, and they somehow weigh exactly as much as regular height AF1 hollows. Lotta weight in that regular baseplate.

cucktard

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 269
« Reply #6734 on: November 22, 2023, 04:45:07 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
Yeah, and they somehow weigh exactly as much as regular height AF1 hollows. Lotta weight in that regular baseplate.

Thanks!
I’ve been on regular AF1s for a while but wanting to make a bit more of a tech setup instead of my regular boats
I’m trying to be every mom’s favorite skater’-&&

Duane's the type of guy to ask to see your junk then go to school and tell everyone you're gay. - Uncle Flea

Meathook

• Rep: 73
« Reply #6735 on: December 04, 2023, 06:06:45 AM »
What’s everyone’s verdict with the AF1 pivot cups?  I blew through the pivot cup (it tore down the length of the urethane) within 45 minutes of setting them up.

I’m going through a bout of truck madness after not getting along with some Indy’s for the last couple weeks and just setup these again but put in new Indy pivot cups which are a bit shorter than AF1.  Are there better options than this (that are not $20 riptides.). Anyone try the mini logo white cups in AF1?

manysnakes

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1094
« Reply #6736 on: December 04, 2023, 06:57:31 AM »
What’s everyone’s verdict with the AF1 pivot cups?  I blew through the pivot cup (it tore down the length of the urethane) within 45 minutes of setting them up.

I’m going through a bout of truck madness after not getting along with some Indy’s for the last couple weeks and just setup these again but put in new Indy pivot cups which are a bit shorter than AF1.  Are there better options than this (that are not $20 riptides.). Anyone try the mini logo white cups in AF1?

I feel like the issues - at least as we saw them here - were associated with the first generation of AF1, when the product was brand new. Personally, I've been on mine are about a year and a half with no issues.

Have you contacted customer service? They're usually pretty quick and responsive; I imagine they'll ship you some new cups no problem.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2023, 08:00:40 AM by manysnakes »
This is not my SOTY. I'm telling my kids there was no SOTY for 2021

rawbertson.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 678
  • yo yo, yo yo yo yo
    • my youtube avatar image
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #6737 on: December 04, 2023, 07:43:04 AM »
Same I have had mine for over a year
barely tightened them at all when i got em
never had any problem with the trucks

Frank and Fred

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #6738 on: December 04, 2023, 08:18:11 AM »
I've broken in 4 sets of AF1a and never had an issue.

Gunot

• Rep: 10
« Reply #6739 on: December 04, 2023, 10:10:30 AM »

That‘s a pretty long time for AF1 pivot cups.
Thunder replacement pivot cups are the #1 workaround. :)
Riptides for AF1s are expensive but don‘t fit properly.

boneless900

• Rep: 57
« Reply #6740 on: December 04, 2023, 04:27:11 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

That‘s a pretty long time for AF1 pivot cups.
Thunder replacement pivot cups are the #1 workaround. :)
Riptides for AF1s are expensive but don‘t fit properly.

Good to know that thunder pivot cups fit. I've been on the white Krux cups and they're a tiny bit taller than the AF1 pivots so the truck might be 1mm higher than it should. Doesn't bother me personally but I can see how that could drive some gear madness.

The hard bushings have been really great for me and I switched back to the ace top washer instead of the bones flat washer and I'm rolling away from more tricks when I land shitty. The flat washer felt nice on a 14" WB for me but on a 14.375 I feel like I get pitched off my board more than usual when landing sloppy.

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
« Reply #6741 on: December 04, 2023, 11:14:21 PM »
Never had a problem with AF-1, had a ton with classics.
Expand Quote
forgive me if i somehow missed it, but could someone help me with just how flat the flat as fuck decks really are?
[close]

As Fuck.

LebowskisRug

« Reply #6742 on: December 05, 2023, 08:55:59 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]
Yeah used to ride for Krux. Funny that he went from trucks famous for not turning to the turniest truck on the market.

Ryan is upgrading big time

Welcome -> Sci Fi Fantasy
Etnies -> NB
Krux -> Ace

Is he still on Orbs? Prob not I'm gunna guess he's getting Spitfire boxes now too

Meathook

• Rep: 73
« Reply #6743 on: December 06, 2023, 07:13:05 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]
[close]

Etnies -> NB
Krux -> Ace

Is he still on Orbs? Prob not I'm gunna guess he's getting Spitfire boxes now too

He’s riding dragons in that GH review despite the disclaimer about riding for orbs.  “Ryan definitely didn’t trade 4 sets of orbs for a set of dragons at cowtown.

fulfillthedream

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 316
« Reply #6744 on: December 06, 2023, 08:01:18 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]
[close]

Etnies -> NB
Krux -> Ace

[close]

He’s riding dragons in that GH review despite the disclaimer about riding for orbs.  “Ryan definitely didn’t trade 4 sets of orbs for a set of dragons at cowtown.

so many people have switched to ACE in the last couple years!
Skateboarding is like jacking-off, it's that good- Jeremy Klein

[

Frank and Fred

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #6745 on: December 06, 2023, 08:35:35 AM »
The last Crailtap Weak Days clip  has CK1 looking to be riding Ace also.

disgruntledMTAEmployee

• Rep: -444
« Reply #6746 on: December 06, 2023, 10:01:18 AM »

they're complete ass.

ive had 3 pairs of af1s, all awful.

get the new royals. you will never have a problem with pivot cups again. they also don't pop or squeak when you turn. the only significant downside is they're a mid truck, 52mm in height (they dont make a high atm). i rode high trucks for a long time so that took some getting used to.

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
« Reply #6747 on: December 06, 2023, 11:07:36 AM »
Dude either you have a massive screen or you're a hawk.
Expand Quote
[close]

As Fuck.

Frank and Fred

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #6748 on: December 06, 2023, 11:13:21 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
Dude either you have a massive screen or you're a hawk.

Just a truck nerd.

LebowskisRug

« Reply #6749 on: December 06, 2023, 11:14:28 AM »
Ace is doing a stellar job hooking up pros with sample trucks and targeting pros that don't have current sponsors. Its sorta like the DLX "just toss some Thunders in every box" model.