Author Topic: Billy Rohan Skates Iraq  (Read 1490 times)

ticklefingers

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -217
  • middleweight lurker
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Billy Rohan Skates Iraq
« on: November 03, 2010, 11:25:54 PM »
YouTube - Broadcast Yourself.

"Last summer Billy Rohan went to Iraq as the only skater on a BMX infested trip called Bikes Over Baghdad. The idea behind traveling to an active war zone and a place, as Billy puts it, so hot it?s like taking ?the hottest day ever in Florida and adding a blow dryer to your face,? was to hype up the troops. You know, give them something to look at besides exploded limbs and USO shows with people like the Zac Brown Band.

While he was there, Billy got to fly around in Black Hawk helicopters and enjoy privileges generally reserved for people who get shot at and disarm IEDs all day. He explored the bombed out palace he was staying in, which had some amazing sand-covered stuff to skate?particularly the Bath Party Headquarters, which had smooth ground and a perfect drop over a handrail. A lot of the palace was in ruins though, and Billy said it was like skating a haunted house. The Flintstone Village, which Saddam built for his grandchildren, had an especially eerie, dead baby-ish vibe to it, but it was covered in fucked-up natural transition, so he skated it anyway.

See the rest at VBS.TV: SKATING IRAQ WITH BILLY ROHAN - TAJI AMEEN AND JUSTIN STAPLE | VBS.TV Blog "

sprayTAN101

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -30
  • thats a sweet tan bro.
Re: Billy Rohan Skates Iraq
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2010, 06:07:09 AM »
spots didnt look all that much, and the demo seemed awkward, but a cool experience all in all!

"lifestyle scorpion dude..."

tobal

• Rep: -12
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2010, 08:59:59 AM »
So America is at war...

Narcissus

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 301
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2010, 09:01:43 AM »
Rohan for Prez.
i saw my grandma bail off a 4 set once in my house and she even got up and came to red lobster after.
Quote from: The Kitten!
get wasted and pass out.

penguin meat

« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2010, 10:27:13 AM »
Billy Rohan's life makes no sense.  I saw him try to do a switch tail to crook down a kinked hubba, break his truck, put it together with his hands, and keep trying.  None of that is logical. Skating in Iraq, the fuck is that?

mandibleclaw

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 559
  • "RIP to myself one day." -jereme rogers
    • mandible claw avatar image
  • Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2010, 11:32:25 AM »
Billy Rohan's life makes no sense.  I saw him try to do a switch tail to crook down a kinked hubba, break his truck, put it together with his hands, and keep trying.  None of that is logical. Skating in Iraq, the fuck is that?

you were one of those kids watching?  i was the guy filming.  what makes less sense about that session is the lady who lay down on the hubba for like ten minutes, completely oblivious and uncaring that we were trying to skate it.
We are a noble sport more noble than any other

Beer Wizard

« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2010, 09:49:06 PM »