Author Topic: Insoles?  (Read 15400 times)

FrenchSkater

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 28
Re: Insoles?
« Reply #120 on: October 21, 2023, 02:36:49 AM »
What is the best footprint sole ? I want to invest but I don't know which one to get.. I only skate cupsoles.

Mbrimson88

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1019
  • Just another skate shop guy
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #121 on: October 21, 2023, 03:57:48 PM »
Something I’ve always wondered: do pros actually ride Footprint, Remind, etc.? I know they have their teams, but do actual respectable pros and not Joey Brezinski really go out of their way to buy and use them? If so, you don’t hear about it and makes me wonder if it’s all smoke and mirrors.

I am sure there are people of all ability levels (including pros) who will pay good money for anything, but more often than not my experience with any pro or on their way to being pro type of skateboarders is more the other end of the scale, as in they will rarely spend any money on anything and take whatever they are given and just make do with that, for however long they can.  Not to go as far as to say, many just don't have money to spare like that, but there is very much more a product package sent to a lot of people from whatever companies that may not be on said pro rosters or teams, but enjoy the benefits of these packages through friends, hook ups, mates, whatever other deals, etc.

Regarding any product, including insoles, if they get it for free, they will ride it and use it, no worries.  If they don't like it or can swap it for something they do want, then they will do so where ever they are able including their local shop spono or anywhere they might go on the road, or just sell it, give it away or whatever. 

Not that often will they change out things very specifically like insoles unless they have to for whatever reason, or they are on said insole brands and get them all for free, but I am sure there would be some out there who would swap out stock insoles for something a bit better for their own feet, that the general public would never know about.

I talk too much about skateboards.  Sorry.

Mbrimson88

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1019
  • Just another skate shop guy
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #122 on: October 31, 2023, 03:24:17 PM »
What is the best footprint sole ? I want to invest but I don't know which one to get.. I only skate cupsoles.

Do you want big, thick and soft, or thinner something to go on top of what is already in the shoe?

I have had quite a few different types, the thinner flat and the thicker elite with extra bits, also tried the orthotics and other really out there types, but they are more for very specific foot shape / needs, so if you are after something to go in fairly normal cupsole shoes with no other issues, just the flat ones that work well.

They make a lot of options so I can see how it can get really confusing, but the main takeaway I have from their different lines is this:

Vulc and thinner soles = the kingfoam elite with the big heel area bit, often with the mid support shank

https://fp-insoles.com/products/kingfoam-elite-insoles-elite-hi-classic

Cup soles / thicker shoes = the flat more basic ones

https://fp-insoles.com/products/kingfoam-fp-insoles-colours-collectiv

All of them you can cut down to fit, usually cutting down the toe area only on the elite, or cutting the whole way round / down on the flat ones, even through the stitching and they still hold up fine.

Those two are just examples of them, so it would be best to go in somewhere to have a look at them, but if you can't do that, at least check out all the options on the FP site, if you want to.

There are even more options there now from when I got a few orders of them a while back.

I talk too much about skateboards.  Sorry.

WideFeet

• Rep: 82
« Reply #123 on: January 20, 2024, 11:53:43 AM »
I’m looking for some insoles with good arch support. I’ve been using these Dr. Scholl’s heel inserts for 20 years now.

https://www.drscholls.com/p/pain-relief/heel-arch-all-day-pain-relief-orthotics/

I have pronation, and if I don’t use these, my feet and back hurt really bad. My feet especially when I skate.

Since most shoes have thick insoles now, I can’t use my inserts. I always have to make adjustments. It would be great to just find an insole that gives me the same arch support those Dr.Scholl’s has always gave me.

Any Pals also need a lot of arch support?

« Last Edit: January 22, 2024, 12:59:42 PM by WideFeet »

Xen

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 979
  • too easy, we know your new handle...stop following

WideFeet

« Reply #125 on: January 22, 2024, 11:09:47 PM »
Expand Quote

Any Pals also need a lot of arch support?

[close]

@WideFeet
https://www.slapmagazine.com/index.php?topic=89457.msg4142402;topicseen#msg4142402

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B075YH3D7N?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details

Thanks! Whenever I have some funds, I’ll try those out.

Currently just swapped the PopCush for an old thin Emerica insole that isn’t G6, and added my Dr.Scholl’s arch supports in. Probably will go grab some thin Dr.Scholl’s gel insoles and add my arch supports.

dstrytruitt

• Rep: 104
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #126 on: January 23, 2024, 12:46:22 PM »
I've had luck with the Superfeet bronze and the Birkenstock one-piece arch support. Helps my plantar fasciitis and sciatica.

fernando the skater

• Rep: 99
« Reply #127 on: January 25, 2024, 01:33:31 AM »
I had plantar fasciitis a few years ago and got a couple sets of custom arch supports free on the UK NHS. Work great, and means I can use shoes that are flat inside.

ish_wav

• Rep: 94
« Reply #128 on: January 25, 2024, 07:35:41 PM »
Been riding footprint insoles since you had to inject water into them. With that being said, they changed their formula to this cheap dense foam and it’s uncomfortable and awful. This is speaking on their king foam elite insole. My feet were literally in unbearable pain after wearing them at work for 8 hours. Not sure if I got a bad pair or what but that was my experience. I reached out to FP and they were going to send out a different pair but then they ghosted me after I told them I wear Janoskis/Blazer GTs. Weird.

Scottboarding

• Rep: 80
« Reply #129 on: January 25, 2024, 07:40:03 PM »
Been riding footprint insoles since you had to inject water into them. With that being said, they changed their formula to this cheap dense foam and it’s uncomfortable and awful. This is speaking on their king foam elite insole. My feet were literally in unbearable pain after wearing them at work for 8 hours. Not sure if I got a bad pair or what but that was my experience. I reached out to FP and they were going to send out a different pair but then they ghosted me after I told them I wear Janoskis/Blazer GTs. Weird.
I think that’s just their new material they’re using for some reason. I had the exact same experience and someone posted a review on Tactics describing a similar thing. All of the older FP insoles I had were either blue or orange foam and were soft if you squished them with your fingers but the new ones are a green material and hard as a rock.

fs1/2cab

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 608
    • a short part avatar image
« Reply #130 on: January 26, 2024, 01:37:43 AM »
The Orthopedic and Podiatrist journey is finished and I got some fitted insoles, wearing them for 2 weeks now. Figured out I need arch support.

I found a good deal on some Footprint Gamechangers.  They come in the regular version and in a low version. I plan to put them into the Etnies Josl1n's. Anyone have experiences or thoughts about that?
IG: @flowterspace

Still_ill

• Rep: 0
« Reply #131 on: January 26, 2024, 10:20:40 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
I think that’s just their new material they’re using for some reason. I had the exact same experience and someone posted a review on Tactics describing a similar thing. All of the older FP insoles I had were either blue or orange foam and were soft if you squished them with your fingers but the new ones are a green material and hard as a rock.

Wish I had read this before I ordered Kingfoam Elite Mids for my Blazer mids last week. No real noticeable benefit in impact protection and my feet (and body) still hurt way more than with Tiago 1010s after skating. Superfeet adapt felt good in the Blazers but also just not enough cushion for me.

ish_wav

• Rep: 94
« Reply #132 on: January 26, 2024, 11:02:17 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

Wish I had read this before I ordered Kingfoam Elite Mids for my Blazer mids last week. No real noticeable benefit in impact protection and my feet (and body) still hurt way more than with Tiago 1010s after skating. Superfeet adapt felt good in the Blazers but also just not enough cushion for me.

It’s a bummer. You would’ve been happy with the older material they used for sure but this kind of validates my thoughts on the new ones. Tactics has some older stock from what I found so I guess I can order a pair or two from there but after that, I’m going to have to find a new insole /:

dstrytruitt

• Rep: 104
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #133 on: January 26, 2024, 11:08:00 AM »
I had plantar fasciitis a few years ago and got a couple sets of custom arch supports free on the UK NHS. Work great, and means I can use shoes that are flat inside.

That’s tight! I need to get a UK address I guess.

WideFeet

« Reply #134 on: February 22, 2024, 08:32:28 AM »
https://xstanceinsoles.com/collection/shop/

Came across an IG ad for these insoles. My main need is arch support, but now I’m noticing some pain in my forefoot that I’m chalking up to metatarsal.

They look decent. Arch looks good and they have some gel pads. Anyone have any info?