Author Topic: New DC Rider...  (Read 14973 times)

TMKF

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -485
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Re: New DC Rider...
« Reply #60 on: December 01, 2010, 05:02:53 PM »
heard from a Fallen rep that Cole was only getting $60,000 a year from Fallen and his money came strictly from contests. DC, or any other company really, could snatch him up no problem. Fallen has fallen off anyways

Hmmmm sounds more like a base salary, I'm sure he collects many royalty checks as well, his shoes are probably hot sellers amongst Fallen shoe buyers. I would think DC could afford double that or more for Cole, but this is all pure speculation.

The Ghost of Lenny Kirk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -146
« Reply #61 on: December 01, 2010, 05:27:56 PM »
isnt DC the same company that kicked ryan gallant off for talking shit about zumiez?

S.E.

« Reply #62 on: December 01, 2010, 05:38:04 PM »
looks like cole is finally going up river where he belongs.

blatablatblau

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -51
  • smurfs up
« Reply #63 on: December 01, 2010, 10:33:34 PM »
i doubt it

Insatiable

• Rep: -17
  • A thirst that can never be quenched
« Reply #64 on: December 01, 2010, 10:52:39 PM »
"What a douche" my wife commenting on a car that was covered in DC stickers (all the same sticker and nothing else), she then said "didn't they use to be a skate company".
The only people I see in Sacramento wearing DC also wear Tap Out clothing, drink monster like it is going out of style and have not stepped on a skateboard since they sold their Bam heart o gram on craigslist years back.
Sounds like you have an awesome wife!

jimi420

« Reply #65 on: December 02, 2010, 11:47:40 AM »
If you can wade through the shitty DC shoes they have some good ones. Chris fits Fallen but like Gipper said he can just change his get up again and fit in on DC. Maybe then Fallen can finally put some more diverse people on.

macgruber

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 73
  • Just Tell Me What You Want Me To FUUUUUUCK
« Reply #66 on: December 02, 2010, 03:51:12 PM »
heard from a Fallen rep that Cole was only getting $60,000 a year from Fallen and his money came strictly from contests. DC, or any other company really, could snatch him up no problem. Fallen has fallen off anyways

fuck i wish i was ONLY making 60 grand a year from ONE of various sources.

via

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 239
« Reply #67 on: December 02, 2010, 04:08:04 PM »
Expand Quote
this would suck, dc is lame. cole just fits on fallen
[close]
Don't worry, a couple boxes from a new TM and he'll fit the image just fine. Remember what he looked like before he got on zero?

It's funny because its true.

skate_bored

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 56
« Reply #68 on: December 02, 2010, 05:22:09 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

compared to other shoe companies and other sponsors, fallen is probably his lowest paying gig if the 60g a year thing is true. which is crazy!

Mein Fuhrer! I can walk!

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -152
« Reply #69 on: December 02, 2010, 05:53:05 PM »
I could basically see Cole on DC, wouldn't seem such a strange fit actually. I'd just be bummed for Fallen, I think it's weird that Cole, who's such a good friend of Jamie's would quit his brand (which has always supported him very well). But I'm sure there isn't any beef between 'em or something and I don't think Cole would ever leave without Jamie's approval. I guess it's professionally just the best move Cole could make (with professionally, I mean "financially") and that Jamie and the people at Fallen agree.
Either way, it does not affect my life the least bit, so I don't really have to care what person wears who's shoes
« Last Edit: December 02, 2010, 06:01:56 PM by Lauwie138 »

jimi420

« Reply #70 on: December 02, 2010, 07:06:18 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
Don't worry, a couple boxes from a new TM and he'll fit the image just fine. Remember what he looked like before he got on zero?
[close]

speaking of changing get ups check who's pants are getting a little tighter. He's probably just flow though.

Mr.Blonde

• Rep: -150
  • "Your fucking with my z-rollers"
« Reply #71 on: December 03, 2010, 12:21:11 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

[close]
speaking of changing get ups check who's pants are getting a little tighter. He's probably just flow though.

at the end when rob is actually trying to sing to nyjah, i picture marilyn monroe and jfk.

« Last Edit: December 03, 2010, 01:32:01 PM by Mr.Blonde »
he is not a role model. he's not paid to be a role model. he's paid to wreak havoc on his skateboard. parents should be role models. just because he rides a skateboard doesn't mean he should raise your kids.

Donkey Lips

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 995
« Reply #72 on: December 03, 2010, 12:28:31 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

[close]

His legs are finally long enough to fill out a pair of jeans, that's all.

Turtle Boy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 171
« Reply #73 on: December 03, 2010, 12:55:01 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

[close]

;D

Omamori

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -128
« Reply #74 on: December 03, 2010, 01:56:31 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

compared to other shoe companies and other sponsors, fallen is probably his lowest paying gig if the 60g a year thing is true. which is crazy!
Holy shit. then how do other companies pay? 60k is pretty damn good.

miguelsk8

« Reply #75 on: December 03, 2010, 03:04:02 PM »
Expand Quote
don't see what the beef with DC is, they make good shoes and clothes
[close]
yes, the best looking shoes with the best sole ever...

these are ugly too and you keep using nike sb's... -.-

SouthJersey

• Rep: -36
« Reply #76 on: December 04, 2010, 08:53:55 AM »
shiiiiit, 60k a year to ride a skateboard, travel, and skate in contest to potentially win MORE money for a days worth of work.

Not the kind of life I want

TMKF

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #77 on: December 04, 2010, 09:10:32 AM »
shiiiiit, 60k a year to ride a skateboard, travel, and skate in contest to potentially win MORE money for a days worth of work.

Ha try supporting a wife and 3 kids on 60k a year, near impossible. Especially for a job that is so dangerous it could potentially end at any minute. This is why I think skateboarders get paid so much because it is incentive to save the extra money they earn so that after skating professionally they can at least have a few years to get back on their feet. Some make enough to retire which is nice. It kind of on the lines of professional sports but on a smaller scale.

60k is pretty small for a pro base salary on a shoe brand, but I'd say about right for a company of Fallen's size, I wouldn't be surprised if it was a little more though. DC can afford much more than this per year but have shown they will dump a rider in a heartbeat and that contract will be gone for whatever reason they want. For the long haul it's probably better/safer for Cole just to stay on Fallen because he could easily retire with the brand and continue making a smaller salary for a longer amount of time, it might end of evening out at the end of the day in fact. There's the saying "get it while you can" if it's for a legit brand you're psyched on then fine but for me if I'm making enough and growing with a company every year and it's where  all my friends are I wouldn't want to leave unless I had to. That's where the family comes in.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2010, 09:15:28 AM by TMKF »

TMKF

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #78 on: December 04, 2010, 09:17:17 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

[close]

you talking about nyjah or dyrdek? hahaha both have tightened up it looks like

Hercules Rockefeller

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -13
  • i`m a double-bacon-genius-burger.
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #79 on: December 04, 2010, 09:31:36 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Ha try supporting a wife and 3 kids on 60k a year, near impossible. Especially for a job that is so dangerous it could potentially end at any minute. This is why I think skateboarders get paid so much because it is incentive to save the extra money they earn so that after skating professionally they can at least have a few years to get back on their feet. Some make enough to retire which is nice. It kind of on the lines of professional sports but on a smaller scale.

60k is pretty small for a pro base salary on a shoe brand, but I'd say about right for a company of Fallen's size, I wouldn't be surprised if it was a little more though. DC can afford much more than this per year but have shown they will dump a rider in a heartbeat and that contract will be gone for whatever reason they want. For the long haul it's probably better/safer for Cole just to stay on Fallen because he could easily retire with the brand and continue making a smaller salary for a longer amount of time, it might end of evening out at the end of the day in fact. There's the saying "get it while you can" if it's for a legit brand you're psyched on then fine but for me if I'm making enough and growing with a company every year and it's where  all my friends are I wouldn't want to leave unless I had to. That's where the family comes in.

now come one, he also gets money from zero, monster and so on, plus several 100k from contests, now don?t tell me he may be short on money. its all about the lifestyle. i mean, i dont think that he is the dude that owns 5 mercedes and shit, he seems kinda down to earth, but all that shit that "athletes" dont get paid enough is bullshit. if you work in construction, you can get hurt as well, depending on the job even more, and you wont be getting 60k and the chance to work in that company after your prime time.

victor doom

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -15
  • "Have no fear of perfection, you'll never reach it
« Reply #80 on: December 04, 2010, 09:33:07 AM »
DC shoes look like shit, take fucking forever to break in, and the insoles have little cushoning. The team is the only decent thing about them. Anyway, I give props to Cole for his skating, but what the fuck is up with him biking all over skateparks?, that shit is gay as hell!

Filip

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -57
« Reply #81 on: December 04, 2010, 09:52:59 AM »
Cole is not on DC, end of story..

TMKF

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #82 on: December 04, 2010, 10:20:24 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

now come one, he also gets money from zero, monster and so on, plus several 100k from contests, now don?t tell me he may be short on money. its all about the lifestyle. i mean, i dont think that he is the dude that owns 5 mercedes and shit, he seems kinda down to earth, but all that shit that "athletes" dont get paid enough is bullshit. if you work in construction, you can get hurt as well, depending on the job even more, and you wont be getting 60k and the chance to work in that company after your prime time.

Oh I know he isn't just living off $60k a year, I'm certainly not saying he is short on money at all. Did you read everything I said? I'm not saying I agree with anything I was just saying how it is. I was simply pointing out that $60k sounds like a large number but in fact it isn't. I would speculate that Cole probably brings in $500k-$1 Million a year now. I just think DC could probably afford $150 base salary for him, is it worth it? Sure it's more money but what if that contract only lasts 2-3 years then is over. I'm not sticking up for Cole or money that pros make I was just breaking it down. 

FranklinSt4Ever

• Rep: 4
« Reply #83 on: December 04, 2010, 04:49:08 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

Like TMKF said, that money goes quick though. it costs about 1mil (as of a few years ago at least) to raise a kid to 18 years of age. times that against at least 3 kids. probably want to send them to private school, so theres tuition for that+tuition/living expenses for undergrad+having to get a grad degree nowadays because EVERYONE goes to undergrad. not saying that everyone has to go to college or that he has to pay for all of it without the kid working while attending school, but if I was a father I would want to make sure that 1)kid has a better/easier life than I did 2)even if they don't want to go to school, they can have a bit of a cushion/education so thaty when they figure out what they do want to do, they can have enough knowledge/trade skills/etc to actually do it. just going to private school with a bunch of rich kids opens so many more doors than public school its insane.

IskateBaker

• Rep: -70
« Reply #84 on: December 04, 2010, 08:15:29 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

you do realize that 60k is from ONE sponsor, not including royalties or contests, im pretty sure thats gotta be decent
nigga when's the last time you caught a pokemon with a great ball?

mooraga

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -35
« Reply #85 on: December 04, 2010, 09:39:17 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]
you do realize that 60k is from ONE sponsor, not including royalties or contests, im pretty sure thats gotta be decent
do you realize that back in the 90's tons of pros had side jobs to survive?
do you realize that THIS YEAR ricky oyola was (maybe still) selling cars to make money for his family?
mainstream mentality its getting into skateboarding and into your mind, they deserve to get recognized and get paid, but come on, saying thay 60k its small, just for one sponsor, its just bullshit

Bubblegum Tate

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -1042
  • Slap's Resident Sneakerhead
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #86 on: December 04, 2010, 10:20:54 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

these are ugly too and you keep using nike sb's... -.-

Those trainer 2's are samples and never released.
Ethan Bubblegum Tate - Captain of the Harlem Globetrotters, lecturer of Physics at Globetrotter University.
Tate is one of the best posters that's not me

IskateBaker

• Rep: -70
« Reply #87 on: December 04, 2010, 10:43:30 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]
[close]
do you realize that back in the 90's tons of pros had side jobs to survive?
do you realize that THIS YEAR ricky oyola was (maybe still) selling cars to make money for his family?
mainstream mentality its getting into skateboarding and into your mind, they deserve to get recognized and get paid, but come on, saying thay 60k its small, just for one sponsor, its just bullshit
so what you tryna say?
nigga when's the last time you caught a pokemon with a great ball?

miguelsk8

« Reply #88 on: December 06, 2010, 01:43:59 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

these are ugly too and you keep using nike sb's
[close]

Those trainer 2's are samples and never released.

sorry tate if i've touched in your weak point...

Brown Thunder

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -66
« Reply #89 on: December 06, 2010, 02:23:49 PM »
so he's not on DC then?