Author Topic: Introducing Sascha Daley...  (Read 8068 times)

j....soy.....

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1580
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Re: Introducing Sascha Daley...
« Reply #30 on: November 24, 2010, 10:16:19 PM »
the best was when daveed pulled his own hair out......

blatablatblau

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -51
  • smurfs up
« Reply #31 on: November 24, 2010, 11:04:04 PM »
fuckin gnarly!

BabyKillaSeason

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 138
    • AnotherDudeWithABlog avatar image
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #32 on: November 24, 2010, 11:37:25 PM »
his opening line with that front board and that super tall boardslide are both in denver, and both super gnarly!  I loved how his last three tricks were all at the same spot.   Killed it.

David Reyes welcome part next!

The Drew

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 285
« Reply #33 on: November 25, 2010, 12:11:13 AM »
holy crap... kids gnarly

I SUCK!

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 83
« Reply #34 on: November 25, 2010, 01:48:19 AM »
Jamie I take my hat off to you, you really picked a good one. I've been following him for a while and holy shit has he gotten good. Seems like he really puts in work for his tricks, and I like that, congrats man. The guy surely did his job and made me want to buy a Mystery board.

PS
Whats up with Lindsey and Ryan Smith? Are they still on? When is that Roberto Aleman fallen part coming out?

Cool you're psyched on Sascha.
Smith and Lindsey are still on. They're on their own program these days, but hopefully we can put something together for them sooner than later...

We're also working on a David Reyes Intro part, full Tom Asta part and a full Windsor part; probably coming out in that order...
"success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts"

Useless Wooden Bench

• Rep: 159
    • Pappy avatar image
« Reply #35 on: November 25, 2010, 02:47:00 AM »
Expand Quote
i've always assumed that such gnarliness must be accompanied by some sort of mental instability.  when he stopped before the boardslide and punched himself repeatedly in the face i was stoked.  goddamn that was a crazy part.  looking forward to more, jamie.
[close]
Part was dope - first thing I'd ever seen from that guy and he rips, but that shit's ABD like 10 years ago... 1:25

Avicci

• Rep: -71
« Reply #36 on: November 25, 2010, 05:48:01 AM »
Expand Quote
Jamie I take my hat off to you, you really picked a good one. I've been following him for a while and holy shit has he gotten good. Seems like he really puts in work for his tricks, and I like that, congrats man. The guy surely did his job and made me want to buy a Mystery board.

PS
Whats up with Lindsey and Ryan Smith? Are they still on? When is that Roberto Aleman fallen part coming out?
[close]

Smith and Lindsey are still on. They're on their own program these days, but hopefully we can put something together for them sooner than later...

We're also working on a David Reyes Intro part, full Tom Asta part and a full Windsor part; probably coming out in that order...

So basically Dennis Durrant is going to be the man am.

"chill out on the yo flips theo we only want whats best for you!"

thugnificent

« Reply #37 on: November 25, 2010, 06:49:59 AM »
durrant is actually the best skateboarder. he should have been pro literally 8 years ago, this is absurd.

Watson

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2240
« Reply #38 on: November 25, 2010, 10:38:54 AM »
Expand Quote

PS
[close]

Don't just ignore the Brad Sheppard issue!

mooraga

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -35
« Reply #39 on: November 25, 2010, 11:32:31 AM »
the part was sick, but I noticed something

nealm mims did a lipslide there 11 years ago in feedback, sick
at 2:54

Ronald Wilson Reagan

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -936
  • I own Malibu? I am going to fuck you.
« Reply #40 on: November 25, 2010, 11:38:01 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
i've always assumed that such gnarliness must be accompanied by some sort of mental instability.� when he stopped before the boardslide and punched himself repeatedly in the face i was stoked.� goddamn that was a crazy part.� looking forward to more, jamie.
[close]
[close]
Part was dope - first thing I'd ever seen from that guy and he rips, but that shit's ABD like 10 years ago... 1:25

I can't find it online, but Ben Gilley truck check's himself in the forehead in some video and his knees appear to go weak for a second as a result. It definitely made me like him more. I like to see the gnarly dudes who like to hurt themselves much more than the dudes who are just really comfortable skating big stuff (I prefer a Ben Gilley to a Ryan Sheckler)
Though the first person I really remember doing it was Kerry Getz in the end credits of jump off a building

durrant is actually the best skateboarder. he should have been pro literally 8 years ago, this is absurd.
Agreed. He's amazing.
Are you a kook? If you would say this, the answer is “YES”
I quit skating for a time due to piling out

lurkdaddyABD

• Rep: -51
« Reply #41 on: November 25, 2010, 02:01:54 PM »
Expand Quote

PS
[close]

ruined the roster

I SUCK!

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #42 on: November 25, 2010, 04:11:13 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

PS
[close]

[close]

We'd love to do a Dennis Color Theory part, but all of his footage was just used in the Circa short...
http://c1rca.com/mainline/index.php/2010/10/18/c1rca-is-dennis-durrant-video/
So, it'll be a minute til he has enough footage.

Dennis got on right after 'it's time', since then the offer has stood that as soon as he films a full part for Mystery, he'll turn pro.
Same for Windsor, so as soon as these dudes film full video parts, they'll be pro.

Dude rips, he's been down a few times and is on our Canadian program.
We haven't seen him a in a few years, so I'm not sure what to say...

Expand Quote

[close]
ruined the roster
Bummer you think so; kid rips, he's super motivated and really cool. Imo, that's what Mystery needs...
"success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts"

dude

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 5
« Reply #43 on: November 25, 2010, 04:57:39 PM »
jamie thomas for president

Gomez

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -441
« Reply #44 on: November 25, 2010, 05:15:31 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
i've always assumed that such gnarliness must be accompanied by some sort of mental instability.� when he stopped before the boardslide and punched himself repeatedly in the face i was stoked.� goddamn that was a crazy part.� looking forward to more, jamie.
[close]
[close]

[close]
I can't find it online, but Ben Gilley truck check's himself in the forehead in some video and his knees appear to go weak for a second as a result. It definitely made me like him more. I like to see the gnarly dudes who like to hurt themselves much more than the dudes who are just really comfortable skating big stuff (I prefer a Ben Gilley to a Ryan Sheckler)
Though the first person I really remember doing it was Kerry Getz in the end credits of jump off a building
hahahhaa that's taking it way too far. i don't feel the need to know someone is having fun with their skating to like their shit, as in i don't need to see someone smiling in their footage to enjoy watching them. punching yourself a couple times to hype yourself up to try a trick, as in sascha's case, is cool, but damn, i can't imagine anyone who's truck busting their own head actually having fun skating, even if they manage to land their trick afterward. but that's just my opinion.

jeremyrandall

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 67
    • Ninetimes Skate Shop avatar image
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #45 on: November 25, 2010, 05:21:41 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Hmmm...well that's definitely fair.  If you haven't heard from him then you haven't heard from him.

But DAMN is he good at skateboarding.  He came through Saskatoon again this summer and is shredding harder than ever (he did something I would have literally thought was impossible until I watched him do it with my own eyes), so you may wanna take another look at him.  I seriously think he would make an amazing addition to Black Box.

Also...Jamie it's pretty rad you'll get on here and answer people's questions.  Not too many people in your position are willing to do that kind of thing, and believe me a lot of people take notice and respect for you for that.  

OK...enough dicksucking from me.

BabyKillaSeason

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 138
    • AnotherDudeWithABlog avatar image
« Reply #46 on: November 25, 2010, 08:12:00 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]
ruined the roster
Bummer you think so; kid rips, he's super motivated and really cool. Imo, that's what Mystery needs...

[/quote]

Wait until his welcome to part comes out, you'll change your mind.  He's super well rounded, good, and always producing.

PsychOut

« Reply #47 on: November 25, 2010, 09:09:17 PM »
heard Joe Pease left, bummer was hoping for another part from him, any idea where he's headed? is he still riding for Insight?

dude

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 5
« Reply #48 on: November 25, 2010, 09:55:35 PM »
I SUCK! can you confirm the joe pease rumor? also whats up with sam hubble? this seems like this news should have dropped months and months ago. if things fell through with both dudes... care to enlighten us as to why they left?

also, i'd like to say that i think your doing a fantastic job at tapping a relatively untapped market for young, up and coming gnarly skateboarders which is of course canada. most of them seem east coast but i think tancowny is from edmonton or calgary. how do you find these burly-ass canadians? or do they just blow in from the north upon black box's door step? again good job with everything man. oh and mystery "nightlife" boards look unreal.

I SUCK!

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #49 on: November 25, 2010, 10:18:52 PM »
heard Joe Pease left, bummer was hoping for another part from him, any idea where he's headed? is he still riding for Insight?
Pease felt Mystery was too HD for him, he works at Black Box and is still getting boards, but I'm not sure what his long term plans are...
He's still on the Insight program, but probably won't be full on until he's properly hooked up by a board brand.

I SUCK! can you confirm the joe pease rumor? also whats up with sam hubble? this seems like this news should have dropped months and months ago. if things fell through with both dudes... care to enlighten us as to why they left?
Hubble tore his ACL about 10 months to a year ago, so he's been in a holding pattern. He got surgery a month ago, so he should be back to skating by mid next year. Then hopefully back to filming shortly after and make it happen. He also works at BB and lives with some of the dudes that work in the warehouse...

Watson

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2240
« Reply #50 on: November 25, 2010, 11:53:48 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Hmmm fair enough!

newincident

• Rep: -8
« Reply #51 on: November 26, 2010, 12:37:22 AM »
Jamie thats pretty cool that you stopped by and explained everything, but a Company with Lem, Tommy Fynn, and Dennis Durrant plus another couple guys would be amazing...

LesbianPUNCH

« Reply #52 on: November 26, 2010, 05:43:22 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

[close]
[close]
hahahhaa that's taking it way too far. i don't feel the need to know someone is having fun with their skating to like their shit, as in i don't need to see someone smiling in their footage to enjoy watching them. punching yourself a couple times to hype yourself up to try a trick, as in sascha's case, is cool, but damn, i can't imagine anyone who's truck busting their own head actually having fun skating, even if they manage to land their trick afterward. but that's just my opinion.

People put their balls in a vice and crank it to 11 while strapped into a fucking rack during intercourse these days, and as long as the penis is somewhat stimulated, it's all gravy bro!  Get your thrills however you may!

I SUCK!

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #53 on: November 26, 2010, 10:32:44 PM »
Jamie thats pretty cool that you stopped by and explained everything, but a Company with Lem, Tommy Fynn, and Dennis Durrant plus another couple guys would be amazing...

...agreed, those dudes rip!

the whompler

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 10
  • https://vimeo.com/user36500511
« Reply #54 on: November 26, 2010, 10:37:51 PM »
damn that dude gets down!

sleepypancakes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 228
  • Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #55 on: November 26, 2010, 10:41:27 PM »
Canadians are awesome, kinda stoked on mystery now, that's a first.

MrDreamPop

• Rep: -86
« Reply #56 on: November 26, 2010, 10:58:13 PM »
i don't understand david reyes hate.  then again, i don't understand most the hate on these boards.  if you saw reyes' tricks in the montage of the transworld flick and still don't like him then you have a problem.
life poser

BriDen

« Reply #57 on: November 26, 2010, 10:59:52 PM »
i don't understand david reyes hate.  then again, i don't understand most the hate on these boards.  if you saw reyes' tricks in the montage of the transworld flick and still don't like him then you have a problem.

I wouldn't say he fully grew out of it yet, but he used to suffer from Ernie Torres syndrome really bad.

sprayTAN101

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -30
  • thats a sweet tan bro.
« Reply #58 on: November 27, 2010, 01:22:09 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

PS
[close]

[close]

[close]
We'd love to do a Dennis Color Theory part, but all of his footage was just used in the Circa short...
http://c1rca.com/mainline/index.php/2010/10/18/c1rca-is-dennis-durrant-video/
So, it'll be a minute til he has enough footage.

Expand Quote
[close]
Dennis got on right after 'it's time', since then the offer has stood that as soon as he films a full part for Mystery, he'll turn pro.
Same for Windsor, so as soon as these dudes film full video parts, they'll be pro.

Expand Quote
[close]

Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
ruined the roster
[close]

wow! if was dennis id be out the door with the VX allready!

"lifestyle scorpion dude..."

spool of cord

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 47
  • Welcome to another chapter of audio sodemy
« Reply #59 on: November 27, 2010, 09:10:04 AM »
what about that roberto aleman part?
sanch dont be mad because your wife used to clean my mansion

and................... your still a mark!!!!!