Author Topic: Official One In A Million 2010 Thread  (Read 278306 times)

Water Plantis

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -13
Re: Official One In A Million 2010 Thread (ep. 11)
« Reply #1380 on: January 03, 2011, 04:11:22 PM »
so why did forrest randomly start talking about not skating tranny, and trying to make a million dollar???

H8R part 4

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -301
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #1381 on: January 03, 2011, 04:30:31 PM »
Expand Quote
this was such a great episode. some really good new forrest quotes. mango got some sick footy (finally), i was pretty stoked on reubens 180 switch 5050, and the crook pop over was super sick
[close]

"Nah, I don't like skating tranny. You don't get paid like a million bucks to do that."

haha!
i think its funny how he thinks all these 'street pros' are getting that kind of coin when theres only a handful of dudes that make that kind of money.  they certainly don't make it from skateboarding rather other non-skate endorsements/sponsors.

i think he should stay in school and learn and a thing or 2, instead of suffering with diarrhea of the mouth for the rest of his life.
i mean, how does he expect to negotiate a million contract(or even understand it) if the dude is dumber than a bag of rocks? 

TMKF

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -485
Re: Official One In A Million 2010 Thread (ep. 12)
« Reply #1382 on: January 03, 2011, 04:34:19 PM »
I'm guessing kickflip front 5-0 by rueben and tre flip 5050 by forrest. i would think forrest did his trick first too then rueben cuz i dont see forrest getting psyched and it making him wanna do his.

Chris P. Bacon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -113
  • CA All Day
« Reply #1383 on: January 03, 2011, 04:49:54 PM »
I'm guessing kickflip front 5-0 by rueben and tre flip 5050 by forrest. i would think forrest did his trick first too then rueben cuz i dont see forrest getting psyched and it making him wanna do his.
if he kickflip five os it, ill be surprised...although he did say it was the best trick he ever did. i was thinking kickflip grind for reuben, and forrest did 360flip grind.

bakingsoda

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 20
« Reply #1384 on: January 03, 2011, 06:04:47 PM »
Hahahaha, some of you guys get so cheesed by Forest, it's hilarious. "Fuck him, he shouldn't talk, I hate him I hate him I HATE HIM!" seems to be the general consensus.

L33Tg33k

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 717
  • F.A.P. - Forever Alone Party
« Reply #1385 on: January 03, 2011, 06:20:56 PM »
Slap's general consensus is always whack.  Homeboy's got a dream and he'll do whatever it takes to make it happen.  30 inch rims ain't gonna buy themselves.  GET PAID!
Before you say the music sucked, have you considered shutting the fuck up?

lurkdaddyABD

• Rep: -51
« Reply #1386 on: January 03, 2011, 06:56:06 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
this was such a great episode. some really good new forrest quotes. mango got some sick footy (finally), i was pretty stoked on reubens 180 switch 5050, and the crook pop over was super sick
[close]

"Nah, I don't like skating tranny. You don't get paid like a million bucks to do that."

[close]

haha!
i think its funny how he thinks all these 'street pros' are getting that kind of coin when theres only a handful of dudes that make that kind of money.  they certainly don't make it from skateboarding rather other non-skate endorsements/sponsors.

i think he should stay in school and learn and a thing or 2, instead of suffering with diarrhea of the mouth for the rest of his life.
i mean, how does he expect to negotiate a million contract(or even understand it) if the dude is dumber than a bag of rocks?  

its called a lawyer jackass and how do you know if hes dumb? he cant be any worse than you.

Rafiki

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -47
« Reply #1387 on: January 03, 2011, 07:07:55 PM »
Mango and Matty keeellled it this episode
that 50-50 to nose manny and the line Mango did were both awesome

gaileaduffel

« Reply #1388 on: January 03, 2011, 07:11:05 PM »
the average pro skater makes less than a mcdees drive thru supervisor

attitude often determines altitude

forrest is one in a million with the same skills and cocky vibe

you get the same energy you put out

MOST PEOPLE DREAM THE WRONG DREAM

hes better off going back to school before he gets hurt

lil dude will get humbled in due time

Binomial Nomenclature

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 107
« Reply #1389 on: January 03, 2011, 07:59:01 PM »
Quote from: daniel  link=topic=48687.msg1346736#msg1346736 date=1294096691
Expand Quote
Re-watching the episode I really like Mango's backtail to fakie followed up quickly by the frontside half-cab. Quirky stuff like that can be fun. This was his episode.
[close]

best part

That stood out in a big way.  It was so stylish.  Not the techest tricks, but done so quick and clean, I liked it.
Forrest doing two flip to slide tricks in a line is not to be taken lightly.  Sick stuff.
Matty: best style in the bunch.
I really liked this episode.  I liked the Third and Army edit, just seeing all the lines was nice.

poopmonkey

« Reply #1390 on: January 03, 2011, 08:02:05 PM »
the average pro skater makes less than a mcdees drive thru supervisor

depends entirely on the brands you skate for and the coverage you get.
In that film "the man who souled the world" don't they say something about World riders getting payed like $3000 a month? might've been more.
And this is like early 90s.

Omamori

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -128
« Reply #1391 on: January 03, 2011, 08:05:34 PM »
Mango- star of this episode, killed every spot
Matty - style
John - got 1 good trick
Ruben - is constantly killing it
Nik - futile, he doesn't even skate
Forrest - not much, next episode should be sick
Gonzalo - That crooked pop over was too good

Cuong Ngo

« Reply #1392 on: January 03, 2011, 09:54:28 PM »
no offense to matty,
but his style irks me.

oyolar

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 383
« Reply #1393 on: January 03, 2011, 10:19:48 PM »
Diarrhea of the mouth is called "logorrhea."

spool of cord

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 47
  • Welcome to another chapter of audio sodemy
« Reply #1394 on: January 04, 2011, 12:46:43 AM »
I feel bad for nik. I expected him to get a bunch of stuff at 3rd and army. oh well.

I'm loving everyone in OIAM this year. gonzolo is definetly low-key but the guy kills it. surprised to hear it took forrest so long to get that line. must have been an off day for him. not much else to add that hasn't already been said. whiteley, do you guys go to anymore tranny spots/parks?
sanch dont be mad because your wife used to clean my mansion

and................... your still a mark!!!!!

Filip

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -57
« Reply #1395 on: January 04, 2011, 02:40:09 AM »
After I saw this, Matty already won in my eyes, he skates like a pro.  And Forrest needs to shut the fuck up and just skate.

slappyslap

• Rep: -31
« Reply #1396 on: January 04, 2011, 03:27:38 AM »
it seems that matty has a flow deal with convers ??
Can you be in O I A M if you have a sponsor ?

Stanley Hol

• Rep: -9
« Reply #1397 on: January 04, 2011, 04:18:25 AM »
I think Matt and Forrest are fun to watch but you can see John is the best skater of the lot - everything he does just looks proper, you can see that he'd be the most likely to get on a team.

Real Life.

stef

• Rep: -1
« Reply #1398 on: January 04, 2011, 05:47:56 AM »
I think Reuben is going to take it.  He is constantly killing it and he seems the most memorable to me besides Forrest.  What the other guys are doing is all blending together in my mind from episode to episode.  I really like Matty's style though.  It would be cool to see him at another transition spot.

dylan makes me wet

• Rep: -32
« Reply #1399 on: January 04, 2011, 08:14:22 AM »
in all honesty reuben should win
he seems to get tricks at EVERY spot
they're always sick tricks
he has a very wide trick selection by the looks of it
though he may come across as too nice ,he does seem like a sound guy

H8R part 4

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1400 on: January 04, 2011, 08:23:36 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

haha!
i think its funny how he thinks all these 'street pros' are getting that kind of coin when theres only a handful of dudes that make that kind of money. �they certainly don't make it from skateboarding rather other non-skate endorsements/sponsors.

i mean, how does he expect to negotiate a million contract(or even understand it) if the dude is dumber than a bag of rocks? �
 �

[close]
its called a lawyer jackass and how do you know if hes dumb? he cant be any worse than you.

how would he know he isn't getting shafted by his lawyer?  it happened to sheckler, it happened to nicolas cage, all those people who got taken by bernie madoff.  its happened to a lot of people who are educated and had lawyers.  yeah, those type of shysters will take advantage regardless, but even more so when they know you're stupid.      
as far as the question of his intelligence, theres 47 pages proving his idiocy/stupidity not to mention the fact he said, hes doesn't work or go to school.  i'll bet you any sum of money that he probably can't read or write very well and i highly doubt he could do basic math.  

bakingsoda

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1401 on: January 04, 2011, 08:33:01 AM »
You, faster!, truly are the idiot.

idealhandmades

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 132
    • IDEAL Handmades - Skateboards avatar image
« Reply #1402 on: January 04, 2011, 09:02:13 AM »
does anybody actually buy that Forrest is able to make ends meet by just entering contests here and there?
He said he doesn't go to school, he doesn't work, he just enters contests, wins boards, and then sells them.
if he has to travel all over the place to get to these contests, how the hell would that method of self employment even cover his travel costs?
never mind if he breaks a board (or two that don't belong to him) and has to keep what would have been a meal on his table that night.

He's either a liar and has a job, or mommy and daddy forrest are picking up the check.
@idealhandmades

finknoos

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -170
  • Typos here there and everywhere
« Reply #1403 on: January 04, 2011, 09:07:56 AM »
does anybody actually buy that Forrest is able to make ends meet by just entering contests here and there?
He said he doesn't go to school, he doesn't work, he just enters contests, wins boards, and then sells them.
if he has to travel all over the place to get to these contests, how the hell would that method of self employment even cover his travel costs?
never mind if he breaks a board (or two that don't belong to him) and has to keep what would have been a meal on his table that night.

He's either a liar and has a job, or mommy and daddy forrest are picking up the check.

you think that his flights to things like this arent paid for? obviously every little contest isnt gonna ship him in but big ones like this are usually fully covered

idealhandmades

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 132
    • IDEAL Handmades - Skateboards avatar image
« Reply #1404 on: January 04, 2011, 09:14:50 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

you think that his flights to things like this arent paid for? obviously every little contest isnt gonna ship him in but big ones like this are usually fully covered

i aint talkin about this contest dummy, everyone knows slap picks up the checks on it.
I'm talking about whatever other contests he's able to get in to as a skater thats not already hooked up. skateparkoftampa ain't flyin all those Ams in every year.
and even if he doesnt have to fly, gas aint cheap.
I still smell a liar.
@idealhandmades

H8R part 4

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1405 on: January 04, 2011, 09:15:43 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

hes not talking about OIAM, hes talking about all the other contests that he said he enters....before OIAM.
he doesn't work, he hustles the product he wins at contests, then somehow has enough money to travel to these venues, eat and pay his bills and buy boards and all the other shit that he needs. 

sounds more like its a struggle for his parents who are paying for all his shit.

ChildoftheGhetto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -1322
  • Nathaniel Turner with a burner
« Reply #1406 on: January 04, 2011, 09:18:23 AM »
He lives with his parents. duh.

finknoos

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -170
  • Typos here there and everywhere
« Reply #1407 on: January 04, 2011, 09:21:44 AM »
Ha yeah thats blatently what me means, he lives with his parents and does contests and sells boards etc as a way of having extra pocket money and bieng able to say he earns his own keep (which he doesnt)

ChildoftheGhetto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -1322
  • Nathaniel Turner with a burner
« Reply #1408 on: January 04, 2011, 09:23:14 AM »
I'm sure most contests he goes to are within a 5 mile radius of his house. He's not going to damn am and shit like that, just local contests.

Donkey Lips

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 997
« Reply #1409 on: January 04, 2011, 09:27:46 AM »
He also started off in Episode 1 saying he likes money but never really has it.