Author Topic: Official One In A Million 2010 Thread  (Read 278395 times)

whiteley

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 362
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
Re: Official One In A Million 2010 Thread (ep. 12)
« Reply #1410 on: January 04, 2011, 09:29:27 AM »
it seems that matty has a flow deal with convers ??
Can you be in O I A M if you have a sponsor ?
most you can be sponsored is through your shop, no direct contact with companies. matty had no deal with converse.

as for more tranny spots/parks, yes.

and yes, forrest lives with his parents, as does john, reuben, and gonzo. can't recall about mango or matty, although matty works a job and probably is on his own at 22. nik i believe lives at his college.

H8R part 4

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -301
« Reply #1411 on: January 04, 2011, 09:39:52 AM »
i'm sure the other guys in the contest are being supported by their parents as well.  it just that no one else but forrest is talking about it being a struggle and whatnot when he doesn't even know what the word means.  he'll figure out what a 'struggle' life truly is when he moves out on his own and has to fend for himself.     

Tyroneshoelaces

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -600
  • who knows
« Reply #1412 on: January 04, 2011, 09:42:42 AM »
Expand Quote
does anybody actually buy that Forrest is able to make ends meet by just entering contests here and there?
He said he doesn't go to school, he doesn't work, he just enters contests, wins boards, and then sells them.
if he has to travel all over the place to get to these contests, how the hell would that method of self employment even cover his travel costs?
never mind if he breaks a board (or two that don't belong to him) and has to keep what would have been a meal on his table that night.

He's either a liar and has a job, or mommy and daddy forrest are picking up the check.
[close]

you think that his flights to things like this arent paid for? obviously every little contest isnt gonna ship him in but big ones like this are usually fully covered

matty hunt has the best style and i hope he wins...but if i doesn't i hope forest wins just to spite all the assholes that think he gets every cent from mommy and daddy.    if forrest is one thing it is not a liar........the kids who have mommy and daddy's checkbook always let you know in some back-handed bitch way
where is home?

Donkey Lips

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 996
« Reply #1413 on: January 04, 2011, 09:50:07 AM »
Honestly I hope Reuben doesn't win. He'll be fine with or without this contest. The contest helps vault someone into the spotlight that might otherwise not be sponsored. I look at dudes like Tom K. and Crapp, and they rip, but I'm not sure anybody would take a ton of notice without the contest to promote them. Other dudes, like when Asta was in the running but didn't win, you'd see their footage and know they'd be just fine.

Either way, I'm hoping for Forest or John. Forest has his little character moments and he fucking rips. John, definitely rips but I don't think people would ever hear about him if it weren't for this contest.

kamltoe

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -443
« Reply #1414 on: January 04, 2011, 10:07:12 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
most you can be sponsored is through your shop, no direct contact with companies. matty had no deal with converse.

and yes, forrest lives with his parents, as does john, reuben, and gonzo. can't recall about mango or matty, although matty works a job and probably is on his own at 22. nik i believe lives at his college.

so mango's just cool with the rasa guys then? i thought he was flow or something. not trying to call him out, just confused. didn't he have a couple tricks in the last rasa web thing? maybe not. i'm probably way off base here.

k

Quote from: The Gipper

Classic keyboard skate champion talk right there.

you need to stop thinking people do what you tell them bc they dont.

H8R part 4

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1415 on: January 04, 2011, 10:08:20 AM »
Either way, I'm hoping for Forest or John. Forest has his little character moments and he fucking rips. John, definitely rips but I don't think people would ever hear about him if it weren't for this contest.

maybe i missed something but basically, all hes done is a bunch of stock flip tricks down stuff and said all sorts of stupid shit.
that doesn't qualify as ripping to me but maybe my standards are too high?

brent

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 740
« Reply #1416 on: January 04, 2011, 10:23:14 AM »
jesus, faster! shut the fuck up about forrest already
This armor plating is going to get a little more diesel.

thugnificent

« Reply #1417 on: January 04, 2011, 10:23:40 AM »
quit bein a crab ass nigga. this thread is full of you bein a cry baby. its not your standards that are too high, its your bitchassness level thats too high

H8R part 4

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1418 on: January 04, 2011, 10:30:51 AM »

this thread is about OIAM, i'm discussing the topic at hand.
if you don't like it?  stop participating in this thread and stop reading my posts.
its that simple.

krewkruxklan

• Rep: 17
    • SUPRFI$CAL avatar image
« Reply #1419 on: January 04, 2011, 10:49:26 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

maybe i missed something but basically, all hes done is a bunch of stock flip tricks down stuff and said all sorts of stupid shit.

switch 360 flip and switch backside heelflip all stock tricks, especially down sizeable gaps. damn nigga, you must shred.
clearly forest is the bigger skate rat of the bunch (maybe asides from ruben due to age), i mean the dude skates for a living, no school, no work.

matty's style has definately grew on me-i'd like to see either him or forrest win.

cats is nice but I aint seen god since hova spit that navy blue to me
SUPRFI$CAL

brent

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 740
« Reply #1420 on: January 04, 2011, 10:56:53 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

if you don't like it?  stop participating in this thread and stop reading my posts.
its that simple.

no bitchassness
This armor plating is going to get a little more diesel.

MustardTigerPhilCollins

• Rep: 6
  • Jesus was Batman
« Reply #1421 on: January 04, 2011, 11:05:07 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Yeah cuz first try back 360 is a real yawner right. What isn't a stock trick to you? Switch laser flips? Or you just want some raw cellar door action?

bakingsoda

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 20
« Reply #1422 on: January 04, 2011, 11:20:57 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

if you don't like it??  stop participating in this thread and stop reading my posts.
its that simple.

This thread is also a discussion of the opinions that other posters hold as every thread on SLAP is. As such people are fairly participating by calling you an idiot. So it's only fair for us to tell you to shut the fuck up, because that is our wish for the outcome of this thread.
So to add to everyone else, shut the fuck up , faster!

Donkey Lips

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 996
« Reply #1423 on: January 04, 2011, 11:40:00 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

You must've missed the switch tre down the double set and the bigspin flip down the double. I'd hardly call that "stock flip tricks". You can pull the snob card and say your standards are too high...but to anybody with half a brain it just looks like you're desperately reaching for reasons to dislike him.

Nanda Zinger

• Rep: 56
« Reply #1424 on: January 04, 2011, 11:44:58 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

hmm... Excerpt from Feb '09 Matty Hunt interview in Lowcard:
"And who sponsors you talented little bidy?"
"Metro Boardshop, Deluxe distribution, and apparently Sole Tech distribution but I still haven't gotten anything from them yet.

Water Plantis

• Rep: -13
« Reply #1425 on: January 04, 2011, 12:29:24 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

so in this case does reynolds not rip either because of his "stock tricks"

kappin

« Reply #1426 on: January 04, 2011, 12:56:08 PM »
Damn, Mango actually fuckin' killed it in this episode.

Everyone that says Forrest doesn't rip, shut up. You're trying too hard to hate him, he obviously rips, he's just a dumbass. His quotes seem to get stupider every episode HAHAHA

everypennyfedcar

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 109
  • Getting paid like a biker with the best crank.
« Reply #1427 on: January 04, 2011, 01:05:58 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
hmm... Excerpt from Feb '09 Matty Hunt interview in Lowcard:
"And who sponsors you talented little bidy?"
"Metro Boardshop, Deluxe distribution, and apparently Sole Tech distribution but I still haven't gotten anything from them yet.
Looks like we've got a real private eye on our hands.
Spray it like a high-rank sniper in the West Bank.

daniel

• Rep: 35
« Reply #1428 on: January 04, 2011, 01:10:35 PM »
forrest is talking about it being a struggle and whatnot when he doesn't even know what the word means.  he'll figure out what a 'struggle' life truly is when he moves out on his own and has to fend for himself.     

thanks dad.

BuddyPal

« Reply #1429 on: January 04, 2011, 01:15:28 PM »
i think we're definatly gonna see more of matty after this contest. i think he got a photo of a back smith in the last skateboardmag.

VictoriousOG

« Reply #1430 on: January 04, 2011, 01:28:53 PM »
i think we're definatly gonna see more of matty after this contest.
Most definitley. I remember seeing photos of him, before the OIAM episodes started, on the Toy Machine website hanging with their crew. I really hope he get's on something better than Osiris, that company straight up sucks.

whiteley

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 362
« Reply #1431 on: January 04, 2011, 01:30:56 PM »
for at least prior to the contest:
matty got some boards from deluxe through the shop, he does not ride for them. confirmed by deluxe. he also gets boards from duffel because they are friends, but he does not ride for them, either. matty had been coming up on his own before the contest, i'm sure it will only help him be more known.
mango and rasa- he is friendly with the team but is not part of it. confirmed by matt field.
as for after the contest, who knows...
« Last Edit: January 04, 2011, 01:54:04 PM by whiteley »

Nick

• Rep: 0
« Reply #1432 on: January 04, 2011, 01:41:05 PM »
If Mango gets on Rasa, I will orgasm...

But really, that would be sweet as shit, and Rasa always puts out montages and shit.

CigaretteBeer

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -392
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #1433 on: January 04, 2011, 02:40:17 PM »
My favorites to watch skateboard are Forrest and Mango. I am entertained by all of the shit Forrest says too. Still wish the episodes were longer...
"You were such a shitty parent that your kid couldn't even make it to term A guy who killed his child before it could be born because he was so shitty didn't do anything wrong.You know how the rest of us became positive members of society BY NOT BEING PIECES OF SHIT IN THE FIRST PLACE"-Ronald Reagon

TMKF

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -485
« Reply #1434 on: January 04, 2011, 02:45:33 PM »
do people here not know the difference between flow and rep flow? because there is a huge difference. it seems like what matty referred to was rep flow, and I'm sure that's what the converse thing is too.

rep flow is when a skate shop's regional representative of a company(could be hard goods but usually shoes and clothes) flows product to one of the shops team riders shoes to try to help generate sales of that brand locally and/or just to build a better relationship with the shop and be cool. the company itself most of the time has no idea who that person even is.

flow is when you're getting a product directly from the the company or the team manager but you're not fully on the team obviously.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2011, 02:47:12 PM by TMKF »

thepman

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -94
« Reply #1435 on: January 04, 2011, 03:23:47 PM »
After I saw this, Matty already won in my eyes, he skates like a pro.  And Forrest needs to shut the fuck up and just skate.

that was bloody good. he's been my favourite from the start, team matty!
skating is all about choosing your outfit very deliberately, going out in public. looking super sick. and then riding your board a little bit

Mcidraque

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 211
« Reply #1436 on: January 04, 2011, 03:26:03 PM »
is it me or Matty is actually winning?

Hatechild

« Reply #1437 on: January 04, 2011, 04:35:53 PM »
is it me or Matty is actually winning?
It's you. His style is the best of the bunch but Forrest or Rueben have been consistently doing the hardest shit so far.

heckler

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 475
« Reply #1438 on: January 04, 2011, 04:55:18 PM »
Jon is definitely winning, dude got staples in his head and is still jumping down shit and getting tricks at most of the spots they go to it seems. I think Matty has been getting the most diverse and memorable coverage of the bunch.
Ha SLAP's resident libtard and NY pro cocksucker.

frenchtoast

• Rep: -55
« Reply #1439 on: January 04, 2011, 07:06:18 PM »
Jon is definitely winning, dude got staples in his head and is still jumping down shit and getting tricks at most of the spots they go to it seems. I think Matty has been getting the most diverse and memorable coverage of the bunch.
saying jons winning cause he got staples and is still jumping down shit is like saying gonzo is winning because he got all of his tricks while he was super drunk...jon has not got shit he better get something extremely gnarly in the next episodes to push out matty out of the top 3 cause i see no reason he would not be placed in last at this point the dude has just done a bunch of ollies and bombed a hill that ended in a wall thats just stupidity not courageous