Author Topic: Official One In A Million 2010 Thread  (Read 278310 times)

tangar

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 64
  • THINK LESS
Re: Official One In A Million 2010 Thread (ep. 12)
« Reply #1530 on: January 06, 2011, 02:07:09 PM »
I've been nothing but psyched on all the episodes so far. for all the people crying about it being edited a certain way, get over it. its all in the fun nature of skateboarding. forrests comments, the way Joe brook laughs at Forrest, mango trying to be funny the whole time. I love all of it. it makes it that much more enjoyable cause i get hella laughs and great skate content. i would fully enjoy seeing footage and coverage of all these dudes in the future. forrests tre flip 50 was craze. and even tho his style isnt my favorite, rueben has blown my mind with the quimby double set ollie and that kicky 5-0 on clipper.
Man the long board truck thing killed indy for me. I was willing to set aside the racism, but long boarding, gtfo... - DH

Nate

• Rep: 11
« Reply #1531 on: January 06, 2011, 02:36:12 PM »
cheeya

Belligerent Irish Cop

• Rep: -276
« Reply #1532 on: January 06, 2011, 02:52:44 PM »
where is this 360 flip 5-0 people are talking about.

jojo_fosho

• Rep: -2
« Reply #1533 on: January 06, 2011, 02:57:27 PM »
Both of those tricks were fucked.
Good episode!

flatspotter

• Rep: 23
« Reply #1534 on: January 06, 2011, 03:00:06 PM »
forrest was at chino park last night and killed the 7 rail. he was a nice guy

Macs T

« Reply #1535 on: January 06, 2011, 03:05:01 PM »
360 flip grind down is way more gnarly.  I don't see how you couldn't think so.

kappin

« Reply #1536 on: January 06, 2011, 03:13:46 PM »
yea and those three dudes definitely come off as holier than thou when they talk to, or about forrest.

That tends to happen when talking about idiots.

CigaretteBeer

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -392
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #1537 on: January 06, 2011, 03:14:39 PM »
Forrest should definitely win
"You were such a shitty parent that your kid couldn't even make it to term A guy who killed his child before it could be born because he was so shitty didn't do anything wrong.You know how the rest of us became positive members of society BY NOT BEING PIECES OF SHIT IN THE FIRST PLACE"-Ronald Reagon

mikeywalker

• Rep: -1
« Reply #1538 on: January 06, 2011, 03:21:30 PM »
Reuben's kickflip 5-0 > Forrest's 360 Flip 50-50

you're such a pussy, forrest talking about reuben grabbing mangos ass was jokes as fuck

alittleethnicsong

Re: Official One In A Million 2010 Thread (ep. 7)
« Reply #1539 on: January 06, 2011, 03:35:02 PM »
You have a regular ass nigga in there with these weirdos.

Can't believe I'm getting sucked back into this vortex, but have to comment to COTG.

Hey, if you really are a "child" of a "ghetto," than you know--for a fact--that if Forrest was really a "regular ass nigga" he would not be skating in the first place. You've made this kind of comment a number of times, and I have an old friend who got shot by "regular ass niggas," for being black and liking things like skateboarding.

Even in this day and age, if you are black and you skateboard, and actually live in a black community, than you are anything but a "regular ass nigga," even if there is a skatepark nearby. There might be more tolerance than there was, but a black skateboarder in the "ghetto," is by no means a "regular ass nigga."

annoyedwithskating

« Reply #1540 on: January 06, 2011, 03:39:37 PM »
I get that a lot of people dislike Forest but it doesn't mean he doesn't rip. So many comments on this page are only about how crazy the kickflip 5-0 was. No doubt it was incredible but come on, 3 flip 50-50 is way gnarlier. don't act like it isn't.

Also any hate being sent the way of the judges is bullshit. I thought you left a while back geoff. You really should just fuck off, you're so stupid it's a sin to everyone everywhere.

sorry, but I am smarter than you, and a better skateboarder.

ChildoftheGhetto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -1322
  • Nathaniel Turner with a burner
« Reply #1541 on: January 06, 2011, 03:48:08 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Can't believe I'm getting sucked back into this vortex, but have to comment to COTG.

Hey, if you really are a "child" of a "ghetto," than you know--for a fact--that if Forrest was really a "regular ass nigga" he would not be skating in the first place. You've made this kind of comment a number of times, and I have an old friend who got shot by "regular ass niggas," for being black and liking things like skateboarding.

Even in this day and age, if you are black and you skateboard, and actually live in a black community, than you are anything but a "regular ass nigga," even if there is a skatepark nearby. There might be more tolerance than there was, but a black skateboarder in the "ghetto," is by no means a "regular ass nigga."

You're not black, and you don't skate. argument over. And I highly doubt a black person would chill with a racist such as yourself.

The Bullet

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 138
« Reply #1542 on: January 06, 2011, 04:03:03 PM »
awesome episode.  both tricks were next level of gnarliness.   

Water Plantis

• Rep: -13
« Reply #1543 on: January 06, 2011, 04:04:04 PM »
forrest was at chino park last night and killed the 7 rail. he was a nice guy

you should tell us more details about this

nylin

« Reply #1544 on: January 06, 2011, 04:05:07 PM »
as insane as this episode was i cant wait for the next one.

SK8-N-WorshipSatan

« Reply #1545 on: January 06, 2011, 04:15:17 PM »
awesome episode.?  both tricks were next level of gnarliness.?  ? 

Yes both gnarly.  BUT.....

If you look at the sequence of the 3 flip 50-50, Forests back truck wasn't even locked onto the edge, his wheels were just riding on the top of the ledge, and the next pic after that shows the same, but in the next one where he's going off the ledge his back truck is grinding (but his front one is in the air)

Now because of this his 50-50 cannot be called clean, thus Reubens kickflip 5-0 was cleaner and therefore gnalier. I'm not dicounting the difficulty of 3 fliping on to a ledge, much less a hubba, but Forests actual 50-50 was clearly not very clean.

I'm sure some of the Forest dick riders will reply with angery comments but they can suck it. Forest is good at what he does, it just gets old seeing someone jump off stuff and twirl there board around. Yeah it's hard to do that, but it's not that entertaining after the 10th time.

You gotta mix dat shit up. Stairs, ledges, tranny, banks, pole jams, manual pads, fuck anything thats concrete or a hard surface should be skated on

SK8-N-WorshipSatan

« Reply #1546 on: January 06, 2011, 04:16:48 PM »
^infact is't pretty crazy Forest didn't just eat shit when that happened.

ChildoftheGhetto

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1547 on: January 06, 2011, 04:38:14 PM »
which one of you faggots told mango to start posting?

Macs T

« Reply #1548 on: January 06, 2011, 04:42:23 PM »
   clean does not equal gnarly

you can get killed on that trick

SK8-N-WorshipSatan

« Reply #1549 on: January 06, 2011, 04:44:08 PM »
which one of you faggots told mango to start posting?

You think i'm Mango? lol, did he joke alot about worshiping satan when they were filming OIAM or something Forest?

Ah well doesn't matter, still doesn't change the fact Forests back truck wasn't even locked in for the majority of that 50-50/.

ChildoftheGhetto

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1550 on: January 06, 2011, 05:14:49 PM »
Anyone notice whitely is doing a bootleg people's eyebrow for no reason every time they show him?

SK8-N-WorshipSatan

« Reply #1551 on: January 06, 2011, 05:21:31 PM »
Anyone notice whitely is doing a bootleg people's eyebrow for no reason every time they show him?

The reasons probably comedy. Oh wait forest I forgot your a real serious dude and your tricks arn't that gay, there pretty nice accualy.

hekkahyphy

« Reply #1552 on: January 06, 2011, 05:23:40 PM »
Someone please save the topic from this guy

annoyedwithskating

« Reply #1553 on: January 06, 2011, 05:26:38 PM »
Expand Quote
awesome episode.?  both tricks were next level of gnarliness.?  ? 
[close]

Yes both gnarly.  BUT.....

If you look at the sequence of the 3 flip 50-50, Forests back truck wasn't even locked onto the edge, his wheels were just riding on the top of the ledge, and the next pic after that shows the same, but in the next one where he's going off the ledge his back truck is grinding (but his front one is in the air)

Now because of this his 50-50 cannot be called clean, thus Reubens kickflip 5-0 was cleaner and therefore gnalier. I'm not dicounting the difficulty of 3 fliping on to a ledge, much less a hubba, but Forests actual 50-50 was clearly not very clean.

I'm sure some of the Forest dick riders will reply with angery comments but they can suck it. Forest is good at what he does, it just gets old seeing someone jump off stuff and twirl there board around. Yeah it's hard to do that, but it's not that entertaining after the 10th time.

You gotta mix dat shit up. Stairs, ledges, tranny, banks, pole jams, manual pads, fuck anything thats concrete or a hard surface should be skated on

i really didnt see the other guys skate everything. at some street spots only one other guy was skating.

SK8-N-WorshipSatan

« Reply #1554 on: January 06, 2011, 05:44:30 PM »
So what? Are the other OIAM contestants the only other skaters out there? No. Forest is just a punk who thinks that you can be "the best" at skateboarding. what a joke.

alittleethnicsong

« Reply #1555 on: January 06, 2011, 05:46:44 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
You're not black, and you don't skate. argument over. And I highly doubt a black person would chill with a racist such as yourself.

I figured you would just give me your typical sophomoric "you're an idiot," and that would be it. Wow, I got a whole fucking sentence out of you--you and I know I struck a cord.

If Forrest actually lives in or around a "ghetto," than he is always in the uncomfortable, not-fitting-in-with-anyone position that we see in these episodes, because "regular ass niggas" don't skate. Despite things changing, all my black friends who I grew up with skating with in Detroit, have all to this day dealt with that "that is white people" shit, and although there is some tolerance, that shit is still pervasive. My friends are just on point, and don't give a fuck, and Forrest obviously does, and dude can barely function around people, know matter who they are, and how cool they are trying to be with him.

My whole point was to highlight how absurd your "regular nigga" comment is. So, based on the model of Forrest, all "regular niggas" are perpetually alienated from everyone around them if everyone around them are having fun and supporting each other, they are blatantly and undeniably uncomfortable in their own skin, they can't take a compliment, and when they dedicate themselves to something in life to the point that they get as good as Forrest is, they only do it for these elusive "millions," and not because they enjoy it. Is that right?

Forrest is sick--undoubtedly--at but one facet, of the many facets that make skateboarding what it is. For all your shit talking, someone like Grant Taylor would make you look pitiful on ledges, flat ground, rails, etc., and then go do a sick back-tail on vert without pads afterwards.

And...racist? Are you serious? I'm listening to Fela as I write this...do you even know who that is, you fatuous child?
« Last Edit: January 06, 2011, 05:50:32 PM by alittleethnicsong »

SK8-N-WorshipSatan

« Reply #1556 on: January 06, 2011, 05:50:22 PM »
^ to be honest COTG seems racist himself. "..white mans' world..." and his use of the N word

ChildoftheGhetto

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1557 on: January 06, 2011, 05:50:42 PM »
Any black person that would hang out with you is a tom, and deserves to be banished from the black community anyway.

alittleethnicsong

« Reply #1558 on: January 06, 2011, 05:53:01 PM »
Any black person that would hang out with you is a tom, and deserves to be banished from the black community anyway.

That is perfect, and even more than I expected from you bunk bunk...

SK8-N-WorshipSatan

« Reply #1559 on: January 06, 2011, 05:55:03 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

That is perfect, and even more than I expected from you bunk bunk...

Yep your a racist. You want a divide between white and black people. You probably liked the Jim Crow laws huh?

well I guess technically you could be highly xenophobic but still...almost the same thing.