Author Topic: Official One In A Million 2010 Thread  (Read 278487 times)

ChildoftheGhetto

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -1323
  • Nathaniel Turner with a burner
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Re: Official One In A Million 2010 Thread (ep. 12)
« Reply #1560 on: January 06, 2011, 05:58:31 PM »
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA you guys are idiots.

SK8-N-WorshipSatan

« Reply #1561 on: January 06, 2011, 06:00:07 PM »
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA you guys are idiots.

Yes thats why you respond to what we say with such intelligent statements as "HAHAHAHAHAHA"

Damn you smart!

The Ghost of Lenny Kirk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -146
« Reply #1562 on: January 06, 2011, 06:02:02 PM »
the 360 flip 50-50 is easily more gnarlier than the kickflip 5-0 no questions asked. coming off a 50-50 vs a 5-0 on clipper? do not front.

GatorsGhost

• Rep: 116
    • Chilogy avatar image
« Reply #1563 on: January 06, 2011, 06:04:36 PM »
The fact that Forrest pisses off a certain kind of person who I would normally find annoying, makes me like him even more.

H8R part 4

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -301
« Reply #1564 on: January 06, 2011, 06:08:00 PM »
back to the question of what is harder/better

doing a perfectly straight kickflip is actually kind of hard(especially frontside) and when you don't, it looks really bad.
a 360 flip is a trick you can land sloppy, force a roll away, and the style doesn't suffer too much. �
the kickflip front 5-0 was smooth and stylish.  the 3flip 50 was forced and stiff, hence why reubens trick was better.    
to me, an "easier" trick done well looks better than a more "difficult" trick that looks ugly.

sk8nappreciate

• Rep: -21
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
« Reply #1565 on: January 06, 2011, 06:13:01 PM »
Is a man that says the N word racist?  Is a man that calls stuff gay homophobic? No, these are just words.  Actions make the man, words and race and sexual orientation do not.

Skaters gonna skate, so shut the fuck up already with this race war bullshit.
That's real life bro, no sticking lollipops up your ass and licking jesus's butthole man. People are getting raped,murdered and visiting the berrics daily. Deal with it.

alittleethnicsong

« Reply #1566 on: January 06, 2011, 06:20:37 PM »
back to the question of what is harder/better

doing a perfectly straight kickflip is actually kind of hard(especially frontside) and when you don't, it looks really bad.
a 360 flip is a trick you can land sloppy, force a roll away, and the style doesn't suffer too much. �
the kickflip front 5-0 was smooth and stylish.  the 3flip 50 was forced and stiff, hence why reubens trick was better.    
to me, an "easier" trick done well looks better than a more "difficult" trick that looks ugly.

Perfect analogy to answer this question: Skating switch is more difficult than skating regular, but almost always looks worse than regular. That is why it is a hilarious insult to ask someone if "that was switch," when it wasn't.

For difficulty, the 360 flip 50-50 I would say wins--by a nose--but for smoothness the kickflip 5-0 wins easily. That kickflip 5-0 caught me off guard it looked so smooth.

And what happens to this equation if Forrest is one of those freaks who can do tres all day, but can't do a regular kickflip?

In the end, both of them landed with the sound of all four wheels landing at once, which makes a trick sound so fucking solid and sick, that it is almost impossible to truly say which is better...

Belligerent Irish Cop

• Rep: -276
« Reply #1567 on: January 06, 2011, 06:27:41 PM »
where is this 360 flip 5-0 people are talking about.

Mooley

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 254
« Reply #1568 on: January 06, 2011, 06:36:39 PM »
Not one, but two man-hug fiascos? Too fucking funny.

It's pretty hilarious that people talk shit about Forrest for his attitude and then go on to spend pages upon pages in this thread getting all riled about which tricks are better than others. Which is really just another way for me to say shut the fuck up alittleethnicsong you're embarrassing yourself repeatedly.

alittleethnicsong

« Reply #1569 on: January 06, 2011, 06:43:24 PM »
Not one, but two man-hug fiascos? Too fucking funny.

It's pretty hilarious that people talk shit about Forrest for his attitude and then go on to spend pages upon pages in this thread getting all riled about which tricks are better than others. Which is really just another way for me to say shut the fuck up alittleethnicsong you're embarrassing yourself repeatedly.

You--for once--caught me actually talking about skating...and that's what I get. Today is a break in the action, and I had the time to come "in here," and look what happens...I'm discussing the nuances of tricks...I know...pathetic...guilty as charged...(fuck, everybody needs to nerd out once in a fucking while)

Mooley

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 254
« Reply #1570 on: January 06, 2011, 06:51:09 PM »
I probably shouldn't have called you out on the skating stuff because you probably haven't been ragging on Forrest to the same degree a lot of people have, but give the shit with COTG a rest. No one needs an anthropologist-for-hire getting argumentative over this kind of bullshit.

sixpackoftablets

• Rep: -24
  • salut les fuckheadz
« Reply #1571 on: January 06, 2011, 06:51:39 PM »
360 flip 50-50 is harder, but Reuben clearly did his trick more cleanly and stylish. It's right there in the video for all to see.

alittleethnicsong

« Reply #1572 on: January 06, 2011, 07:15:25 PM »
I probably shouldn't have called you out on the skating stuff because you probably haven't been ragging on Forrest to the same degree a lot of people have, but give the shit with COTG a rest. No one needs an anthropologist-for-hire getting argumentative over this kind of bullshit.

"...ok then..."

Clayton

• Rep: 78
    • Spot Hunter avatar image
« Reply #1573 on: January 06, 2011, 07:22:15 PM »
While looking to re-watch Reuben's OIAM part on youtube I found this. He tried to heelflip El Toro but opted to hug his shirtless buff friend instead. I hate to be the instigator but...yeah.

Joe Pesci

« Reply #1574 on: January 06, 2011, 07:32:40 PM »
reuben had like the worst shoes to heelflip it in, the skates have like no heel padding for the flip and they are very weakly padded for jumping down anything, let alone el toro

sixpackoftablets

• salut les fuckheadz
« Reply #1575 on: January 06, 2011, 07:33:06 PM »
Isn't that what skateboarding in california has always been about?  You're just hurting yourself falling down some stairs while some guy feels the need to take his shirt off and fly his tats?

Ronald Wilson Reagan

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -936
  • I own Malibu? I am going to fuck you.
« Reply #1576 on: January 06, 2011, 07:36:52 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
You have a regular ass nigga in there with these weirdos.
[close]

Can't believe I'm getting sucked back into this vortex, but have to comment to COTG.

Hey, if you really are a "child" of a "ghetto," than you know--for a fact--that if Forrest was really a "regular ass nigga" he would not be skating in the first place. You've made this kind of comment a number of times, and I have an old friend who got shot by "regular ass niggas," for being black and liking things like skateboarding.

Even in this day and age, if you are black and you skateboard, and actually live in a black community, than you are anything but a "regular ass nigga," even if there is a skatepark nearby. There might be more tolerance than there was, but a black skateboarder in the "ghetto," is by no means a "regular ass nigga."

[close]
You're not black, and you don't skate. argument over. And I highly doubt a black person would chill with a racist such as yourself.
[close]

I figured you would just give me your typical sophomoric "you're an idiot," and that would be it. Wow, I got a whole fucking sentence out of you--you and I know I struck a cord.

If Forrest actually lives in or around a "ghetto," than he is always in the uncomfortable, not-fitting-in-with-anyone position that we see in these episodes, because "regular ass niggas" don't skate. Despite things changing, all my black friends who I grew up with skating with in Detroit, have all to this day dealt with that "that is white people" shit, and although there is some tolerance, that shit is still pervasive. My friends are just on point, and don't give a fuck, and Forrest obviously does, and dude can barely function around people, know matter who they are, and how cool they are trying to be with him.

My whole point was to highlight how absurd your "regular nigga" comment is. So, based on the model of Forrest, all "regular niggas" are perpetually alienated from everyone around them if everyone around them are having fun and supporting each other, they are blatantly and undeniably uncomfortable in their own skin, they can't take a compliment, and when they dedicate themselves to something in life to the point that they get as good as Forrest is, they only do it for these elusive "millions," and not because they enjoy it. Is that right?

Forrest is sick--undoubtedly--at but one facet, of the many facets that make skateboarding what it is. For all your shit talking, someone like Grant Taylor would make you look pitiful on ledges, flat ground, rails, etc., and then go do a sick back-tail on vert without pads afterwards.

And...racist? Are you serious? I'm listening to Fela as I write this...do you even know who that is, you fatuous child?
Detroit vs. southern california... hmm... maybe people act different based upon region... maybe even... black people!  :o :o :o

With the 360 flip 5050 vs. kickflip 5-0 issue- I already heard about the 360 flip 5050, hadn't heard about the kickflip 5-0. Might be more impressed with it for that reason, but I'm also a big fan of those flip to grind/slides where the board flips the opposite direction of the ledge like that. Still, both dudes earned their dinner that night.
And cotg, are you seriously comparing that rail in your clip to the clipper ledge? Its not a particularly tall ledge, but it is down 12 stairs, and a decent sized set of 12 at that. The rail you skated was what, 6 stairs? gtfo.

John's shit in Santa Cruz looks really fucking sick. Considering santa cruz has about 3 spots, I've been to all of the ones they showed there, and it looks like he was ripping. Did he ollie that gap into the steep bank? That would be insane.
Are you a kook? If you would say this, the answer is “YES”
I quit skating for a time due to piling out

Tyroneshoelaces

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -601
  • who knows
« Reply #1577 on: January 06, 2011, 07:39:06 PM »
Isn't that what skateboarding in california has always been about?  You're just hurting yourself falling down some stairs while some guy feels the need to take his shirt off and fly his tats?

amazing.   i learn new english on Slap every day. 
where is home?

few123456789

« Reply #1578 on: January 06, 2011, 07:40:14 PM »
yea and those three dudes definitely come off as holier than thou when they talk to, or about forrest.

this

the worst part about watching these is how the slap guys act high and mighty at the end with strange, blank stares on their face.  it's just awkward. 

nylin

« Reply #1579 on: January 06, 2011, 07:40:52 PM »
which one of you faggots told mango to start posting?

haha too good

ChildOfTheBurbs

• Rep: -65513
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #1580 on: January 06, 2011, 07:47:31 PM »
This episode made me think of Appleyard.
Apples - kickflip 5-0 clipper ledge, Ruben does it frontside(Harder)
Apples' ender in Xtremely Sorry - 360 flip 50 smaller hubba, Forrest does it down clipper(Harder)

Appleyard is still smoother than these two though. Winner by steezy decision - Appleyard

alittleethnicsong

« Reply #1581 on: January 06, 2011, 07:48:05 PM »
I'm drunk...and I just to say to you all (no matter how uncomfortable you are with this COTG)...I love you all...

...you, skateboarder...

...I am not listening to Fela anymore, I am listening to "A Little Ethnic Song" by J MAscis...

...and at the end of the song there should be static, and then "Little Rob Dyrdek" rounding the bases (But not, because I am lisening to the "Guitarists" version, and not watching Memory Screen (Je...Jeff...Jones...Je...Jeff...Jones...no...shit...that was G&S Footage...shit...suh a great time to be skating...I am soooooooooooooooooooo thankful to have experienced that period of skating)...

...AND I am stilllllllllllllllllllll listening to a "Little Ethinc Song" brothers...

...like in that dream I had where I kept saying: "Rob Dyrdek, despite the "Fantasy Factory," do you remember the Rotation Station, and MArk Heinsman, and "The LUng"?...

..."The Lung" brother...

you know?

....so fucking thankful for all of you...

...so fucking thankful that I know why "The Lung" is so important, why "A little Ethinc Song" is so important...

...why "Little Rob Dyrdek
                                      \
                                        \
                                          \
                                            \
                           (((((((despite MTV))))))))
                                             /
                                            /
                                           /
                                          /
                                         ...will always be so important...

sixpackoftablets

• salut les fuckheadz
« Reply #1582 on: January 06, 2011, 07:51:24 PM »
I'm drunk...and I just to say to you all (no matter how uncomfortable you are with this COTG)...I love you all...

...you, skateboarder...

...I am not listening to Fela anymore, I am listening to "A Little Ethnic Song" by J MAscis...

...and at the end of the song there should be static, and then "Little Rob Dyrdek" rounding the bases (But not, because I am lisening to the "Guitarists" version, and not watching Memory Screen (Je...Jeff...Jones...Je...Jeff...Jones...no...shit...that was G&S Footage...shit...suh a great time to be skating...I am soooooooooooooooooooo thankful to have experienced that period of skating)...

...AND I am stilllllllllllllllllllll listening to a "Little Ethinc Song" brothers...

...like in that dream I had where I kept saying: "Rob Dyrdek, despite the "Fantasy Factory," do you remember the Rotation Station, and MArk Heinsman, and "The LUng"?...

..."The Lung" brother...

you know?

....so fucking thankful for all of you...

...so fucking thankful that I know why "The Lung" is so important, why "A little Ethinc Song" is so important...

...why "Little Rob Dyrdek
                                      \
                                        \
                                          \
                                            \
                           (((((((despite MTV))))))))
                                             /
                                            /
                                           /
                                          /
                                         ...will always be so important...

Someone photoshop a nonplussed, awkward Whitely pic with a thought bubble saying "cool story bro."

ccc333

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 65
  • ohyeah
« Reply #1583 on: January 06, 2011, 07:56:19 PM »

sixpackoftablets

• salut les fuckheadz
« Reply #1584 on: January 06, 2011, 08:02:28 PM »

i know someone can do better than that

L33Tg33k

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 717
  • F.A.P. - Forever Alone Party
« Reply #1585 on: January 06, 2011, 08:42:08 PM »
I wanna do this to Alittleethnicsong
Before you say the music sucked, have you considered shutting the fuck up?

smokecrack

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -160
« Reply #1586 on: January 06, 2011, 08:50:38 PM »
I wanna do this to Alittleethnicsong

YES! hehehe

blackalbino

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 57
« Reply #1587 on: January 06, 2011, 08:55:41 PM »
nothing can get in the way of forrest's dreams~*~*~*~*~*~*~
i think the self-clap should be more socially acceptable

kappin

« Reply #1588 on: January 06, 2011, 09:07:45 PM »
Expand Quote
awesome episode.?  both tricks were next level of gnarliness.?  ? 
[close]

Yes both gnarly.  BUT.....

If you look at the sequence of the 3 flip 50-50, Forests back truck wasn't even locked onto the edge, his wheels were just riding on the top of the ledge, and the next pic after that shows the same, but in the next one where he's going off the ledge his back truck is grinding (but his front one is in the air)

What the FUCK are you talking about? Just be quiet, dude.

SK8-N-WorshipSatan

« Reply #1589 on: January 06, 2011, 11:03:59 PM »
Dude look at the sequence if you don't believe me. His back axle wasn't grinding for part of that, he was just riding on his back wheels with the front truck grind but then got the rear truck back on near the end.