Author Topic: Official One In A Million 2010 Thread  (Read 278358 times)

StarkyLove

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -119
Re: Official One In A Million 2010 Thread (ep. 12)
« Reply #1590 on: January 06, 2011, 11:04:38 PM »
this episode made forest more likable to me.

dude probably comes from a poor background and now he is psyched on 200 dollars. thats tight!

Stoop Kid

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -72
  • Fuck hipsters.
« Reply #1591 on: January 06, 2011, 11:09:19 PM »

dude probably comes from a poor background and now he is psyched on 200 dollars. thats tight!

I agree with you and that is sick he had the determination to do the 360 flip 50-50. im sorry i talked shit on forrests arrogance but that dude has determination and I admire that.

Mooley

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 254
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #1592 on: January 06, 2011, 11:36:17 PM »
Dude look at the sequence if you don't believe me. His back axle wasn't grinding for part of that, he was just riding on his back wheels with the front truck grind but then got the rear truck back on near the end.

Who cares if for one frame his back wheel slides over? You can plainly see how rounded that goddamn ledge is. 

NOTjimmyastelford

• Rep: -13
« Reply #1593 on: January 06, 2011, 11:57:49 PM »
his pants are hella dumpy
I'm going to the one in Ontario. I got invented or else I wouldn't go.

bandini

« Reply #1594 on: January 07, 2011, 12:32:17 AM »
Wow, between this "alittleethnicsong" tool and the satan-worshoping dweeb, the competition for the biggest dipshit on Slap just got stepped up a notch.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA you guys are idiots.

For once, that's actually the right response...

camocan

« Reply #1595 on: January 07, 2011, 12:38:28 AM »
me so stupid = me so cool.

YAY FOR ME!!!!

brent

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 740
Re: Official One In A Million 2010 Thread (ep. 7)
« Reply #1596 on: January 07, 2011, 01:46:59 AM »
Expand Quote
You have a regular ass nigga in there with these weirdos.
[close]

Can't believe I'm getting sucked back into this vortex, but have to comment to COTG.

Hey, if you really are a "child" of a "ghetto," than you know--for a fact--that if Forrest was really a "regular ass nigga" he would not be skating in the first place. You've made this kind of comment a number of times, and I have an old friend who got shot by "regular ass niggas," for being black and liking things like skateboarding.

Even in this day and age, if you are black and you skateboard, and actually live in a black community, than you are anything but a "regular ass nigga," even if there is a skatepark nearby. There might be more tolerance than there was, but a black skateboarder in the "ghetto," is by no means a "regular ass nigga."

you are a fucking idiot please stop posting
and don't talk about black people ever again
This armor plating is going to get a little more diesel.

juja

« Reply #1597 on: January 07, 2011, 02:13:35 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

I agree with you and that is sick he had the determination to do the 360 flip 50-50. im sorry i talked shit on forrests arrogance but that dude has determination and I admire that.
everyone said he's not gonna win oiam but like srsly who else has steped up and done as many tricks he has done...it would almost be wrong if he doesnt get it now...what mango?? Your gonna give it to ruben???head wound???

camocan

« Reply #1598 on: January 07, 2011, 02:25:00 AM »

[/quote]
you are a fucking idiot please stop posting
and don't talk about black people ever again
[/quote]

This is the only way you can talk about black people on slap

or alternitvley;         that nigga is dope.

Either will suffice. ;D

NOTjimmyastelford

• Rep: -13
« Reply #1599 on: January 07, 2011, 03:38:39 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]
everyone said he's not gonna win oiam but like srsly who else has steped up and done as many tricks he has done...it would almost be wrong if he doesnt get it now...what mango?? Your gonna give it to ruben???head wound???
bitch its not even over, you can't fully judge anyone yet. and even if it was over i'd say he shouldn't win strictly based on how much of a dummy he is, I mean he'd win "best skater" but not the contest and all the benefits.

on an unrelated rant, how gross was that line he did at peir 7,obviously trick wise its legit, but his style in between the two tricks just seems awfull, im glad all he does is huck I dont really want to see him doing that shit.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2011, 03:42:39 AM by NOTjimmyastelford »
I'm going to the one in Ontario. I got invented or else I wouldn't go.

camocan

« Reply #1600 on: January 07, 2011, 03:40:14 AM »
true dat line was gross bad

Buddy G

« Reply #1601 on: January 07, 2011, 04:09:04 AM »
And...racist? Are you serious? I'm listening to Fela as I write this...

this could be the funniest thing i've ever read on here.

hekkahyphy

« Reply #1602 on: January 07, 2011, 04:25:30 AM »
Doesn't that actually make itmore racist?? I am also african american and felt as tho his statement was a tad off

Beer Keg Peg Leg

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -35
« Reply #1603 on: January 07, 2011, 05:05:40 AM »
kkk rallys arent racist as long as they have 36 chambers on the PA

sixpackoftablets

• Rep: -24
  • salut les fuckheadz
« Reply #1604 on: January 07, 2011, 05:11:41 AM »

Who cares if for one frame his back wheel slides over? You can plainly see how rounded that goddamn ledge is. 

Neither truck is grinding in that still.

camocan

« Reply #1605 on: January 07, 2011, 05:16:20 AM »
OOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHH     SSSSSSSSSHHHHIIIIIITTTTTTTTT!!!!!!!!!!!!
He bein faking it. DAMN SON GODDAMN!

juja

« Reply #1606 on: January 07, 2011, 05:49:04 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]
[close]
i'd say he shouldn't win strictly based on how much of a dummy he is, I mean he'd win "best skater"
well hopefully this has something to do with being good at skateboarding.... but good point dude thnx

alittleethnicsong

« Reply #1607 on: January 07, 2011, 05:53:52 AM »
Doesn't that actually make itmore racist?? I am also african american and felt as tho his statement was a tad off

Do you know how ridiculous you are? The end of my Fela comment was, "do you even know who that is you fatuous child?" Because in my experience most black folks don't, and he is as important of a revolutionary figure as any, and I knew COTG for all the trite and utterly predictable racial bullshit he spews, which he learned from watching TV and listening to music--instead of genuinely studying one's history--probably had no idea who he was...

...or Kwame Nkrumah, or Randall Kennedy, or James Baldwin, or Ossian Sweet, etc. ad infinitum.

Now, if you mean, am I "politically correct"--fuck no, no I'm not, because that guilty white liberal political correctness arrests honest discussion of things that need to be discussed.

And if your sensibilities were ruffled by my initial comment, I think you need to get out of the fucking house once in a while. I grew up with the few--to this day--truly born and raised in Detroit black skaters, and have had to watch them deal with all kinds of relentless and pervasive shit (including violence) directly because them skateboarding was not considered "regular nigga" kind of shit. Detroit is literally the most racially polarized area in the country--black folks make up nearly 90% of the city's population. Motherfuckers here are still country as hell, because this is where most southern workers came (obviously for industrial jobs) during what historians call the Great Migration. Consequently, the black community here may not be as progressive as say those in New York.

Regardless, my initial comment about what I have seen my black friends who skate contend with from lots of other black folks--that's not an opinion, or a conveyance of my racial stance, it's simply a matter of fact based unfortunately to more experiences than I care to remember.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2011, 05:55:36 AM by alittleethnicsong »

camocan

« Reply #1608 on: January 07, 2011, 05:57:51 AM »
dEEP. tRUE DAT MY NIGGA. *SPILLS CHAMPANGE ON PAVEMENT*

camocan

« Reply #1609 on: January 07, 2011, 06:01:34 AM »
« Last Edit: January 07, 2011, 06:04:52 AM by camocan »

camocan

« Reply #1610 on: January 07, 2011, 06:06:18 AM »

alittleethnicsong

camocan

« Reply #1612 on: January 07, 2011, 06:18:11 AM »
And Now we can FINALLY get back to the REAL topic at hand. That Forest Edwards is infact drumroll.... the evil lord and conquerer Piccollo!!!!

Arrogant sum of bitch thinks he can take over the world and the skate game, not if son Goku has something to say about it.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2011, 06:36:10 AM by camocan »

H8R part 4

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -301
« Reply #1613 on: January 07, 2011, 08:05:29 AM »
bitch its not even over, you can't fully judge anyone yet. and even if it was over i'd say he shouldn't win strictly based on how much of a dummy he is, I mean he'd win "best skater" but not the contest and all the benefits.

on an unrelated rant, how gross was that line he did at peir 7,obviously trick wise its legit, but his style in between the two tricks just seems awfull, im glad all he does is huck I dont really want to see him doing that shit.

i'm glad someone else brought this up. 
hes got tricks but his stiff back style makes them all look horrendous.  i.e. sw3flip, swbsflip, 3flip50, etc.   

finknoos

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -170
  • Typos here there and everywhere
« Reply #1614 on: January 07, 2011, 08:13:20 AM »
Expand Quote
bitch its not even over, you can't fully judge anyone yet. and even if it was over? i'd say he shouldn't win strictly based on how much of a dummy he is, I mean he'd win "best skater" but not the contest and all the benefits.

[close]

i'm glad someone else brought this up.? 
hes got tricks but his stiff back style makes them all look horrendous.?  i.e. sw3flip, swbsflip, 3flip50, etc.?  ? 

been thinking this from the very start, yeah hes got good tricks but they look awkward and "forced". but at first i gave him the benefit of the doubt and blamed it on his jeans that seem to be realy stiff

sixpackoftablets

• Rep: -24
  • salut les fuckheadz
« Reply #1615 on: January 07, 2011, 08:15:31 AM »
Reuben's kickflip 5-0 > Forrest's 360 Flip sketchy ledge ride

H8R part 4

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -301
« Reply #1616 on: January 07, 2011, 08:31:37 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
bitch its not even over, you can't fully judge anyone yet. and even if it was over? i'd say he shouldn't win strictly based on how much of a dummy he is, I mean he'd win "best skater" but not the contest and all the benefits.

[close]

i'm glad someone else brought this up.? 
hes got tricks but his stiff back style makes them all look horrendous.?  i.e. sw3flip, swbsflip, 3flip50, etc.?  ? 

[close]

been thinking this from the very start, yeah hes got good tricks but they look awkward and "forced". but at first i gave him the benefit of the doubt and blamed it on his jeans that seem to be realy stiff

it doesn't seem like he 'catches' his board and them lands, instead it looks more like hes just landing them by force.  its almost as if his wheels make contact with the ground first, then his feet land on his board.
don't get me wrong, it still takes a great amount of skill and balls to do what hes doing but i'd rather see him loosen up a bit and throw some finesse/style into the mix. 

finknoos

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -170
  • Typos here there and everywhere
« Reply #1617 on: January 07, 2011, 08:35:19 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
bitch its not even over, you can't fully judge anyone yet. and even if it was over?? i'd say he shouldn't win strictly based on how much of a dummy he is, I mean he'd win "best skater" but not the contest and all the benefits.

[close]

i'm glad someone else brought this up.?? 
hes got tricks but his stiff back style makes them all look horrendous.??  i.e. sw3flip, swbsflip, 3flip50, etc.??  ?? 

[close]

[close]

it doesn't seem like he 'catches' his board and them lands, instead it looks more like hes just landing them by force.?  its almost as if his wheels make contact with the ground first, then his feet land on his board.
don't get me wrong, it still takes a great amount of skill and balls to do what hes doing but i'd rather see him loosen up a bit and throw some finesse/style into the mix.? 

deffinatley, especially seeing as im one of those skaters that thinks style is more important than the trick bieng done

hekkahyphy

« Reply #1618 on: January 07, 2011, 09:22:06 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Do you know how ridiculous you are? The end of my Fela comment was, "do you even know who that is you fatuous child?" Because in my experience most black folks don't, and he is as important of a revolutionary figure as any, and I knew COTG for all the trite and utterly predictable racial bullshit he spews, which he learned from watching TV and listening to music--instead of genuinely studying one's history--probably had no idea who he was...

...or Kwame Nkrumah, or Randall Kennedy, or James Baldwin, or Ossian Sweet, etc. ad infinitum.

Now, if you mean, am I "politically correct"--fuck no, no I'm not, because that guilty white liberal political correctness arrests honest discussion of things that need to be discussed.

And if your sensibilities were ruffled by my initial comment, I think you need to get out of the fucking house once in a while. I grew up with the few--to this day--truly born and raised in Detroit black skaters, and have had to watch them deal with all kinds of relentless and pervasive shit (including violence) directly because them skateboarding was not considered "regular nigga" kind of shit. Detroit is literally the most racially polarized area in the country--black folks make up nearly 90% of the city's population. Motherfuckers here are still country as hell, because this is where most southern workers came (obviously for industrial jobs) during what historians call the Great Migration. Consequently, the black community here may not be as progressive as say those in New York.

Regardless, my initial comment about what I have seen my black friends who skate contend with from lots of other black folks--that's not an opinion, or a conveyance of my racial stance, it's simply a matter of fact based unfortunately to more experiences than I care to remember.

stef

• Rep: -1
« Reply #1619 on: January 07, 2011, 09:25:09 AM »
I was just rewatching a few of the episodes.  Did anyone ever make a banner with Forrest's "It's fun to get cut up and stuff" quote?  He said it in the second or third episode.  There have been some good quotes in the more recent episodes, too.