Author Topic: Official One In A Million 2010 Thread  (Read 278299 times)

Binomial Nomenclature

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 107
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Re: Official One In A Million 2010 Thread (ep. 12)
« Reply #1650 on: January 08, 2011, 02:00:41 PM »
Monday?

LemonParty

• Rep: -112
« Reply #1651 on: January 08, 2011, 02:33:58 PM »
It's weird seeing people take sides so heavily. Both tricks were crazer, but for different reasons. Tall 360 flip vs. alley-oop kickflip. Different people have different tricks locked. Example, I got 3 flip 50s (on boxes), but can't kickflip into anything frontside to save my life (except nose, but thats different).  Then there are people who have it the opposite way. Arguing about what's more comfortable/easier for two different people is pretty fucking strange.

this.

NOTjimmyastelford

• Rep: -13
« Reply #1652 on: January 08, 2011, 03:11:21 PM »
3 flip 50s are just kinda gross, and he happened to do it pretty gross, and the flip 5-0 happened to be perfect.
I didnt really think about untill the other day but are alot of the other dudes hurt? like i remember in johns video he skates some fucked up shit, that crazy curved ave hubba,straight on rails, wheres the front blunt crail on clipper? its always just reuben and forrest hucking.
with the exception of that triple set and the hill bomb obviously
I'm going to the one in Ontario. I got invented or else I wouldn't go.

Tuna

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 225
« Reply #1653 on: January 09, 2011, 12:12:05 AM »
http://twitter.com/Forrest_edwards

anyone posted this? got a couple good quotes.

"Just took my shirt off at the spot. You know what means. #droppinhammers"
« Last Edit: January 09, 2011, 12:13:47 AM by Tuna »

Tyroneshoelaces

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -600
  • who knows
« Reply #1654 on: January 09, 2011, 12:25:47 AM »
Expand Quote
It's weird seeing people take sides so heavily. Both tricks were crazer, but for different reasons. Tall 360 flip vs. alley-oop kickflip. Different people have different tricks locked. Example, I got 3 flip 50s (on boxes), but can't kickflip into anything frontside to save my life (except nose, but thats different).  Then there are people who have it the opposite way. Arguing about what's more comfortable/easier for two different people is pretty fucking strange.
[close]

this.

different stroke for different folks.
where is home?

PG Yoshi

• Rep: 7
« Reply #1655 on: January 09, 2011, 05:25:28 AM »
I have to put in a word on this.

I didn't care much for Forest when I started watching OIAM, but now I'm down with the kid (at this point anyway). So many people hate on him, and I really can't see a legitimate reason. Sure, he's got some personality quirks, but nothing that's really hate-worthy. Really, come on now. Something that any of you who are skaters should realize, is that this is how a lot of skaters are perceived by the mainstream masses anyway. Especially in the 90s. OIAM isn't a popularity contest, and it's clear that Forest is a VERY talented skater. I would be psyched if he won.

Eschaton

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -46
  • D?ner Macht Sch?ner
« Reply #1656 on: January 09, 2011, 07:22:18 AM »
http://twitter.com/Forrest_edwards

anyone posted this? got a couple good quotes.

"Just took my shirt off at the spot. You know what means. #droppinhammers"
"Reynolds part in stay gold was aight. How is he even pro? Real talk nigga"

"Just seen some niggas tryin to skate. I laughed."

sixpackoftablets

• Rep: -24
  • salut les fuckheadz
« Reply #1657 on: January 09, 2011, 07:49:17 AM »
Blog is fake.

Forrest is a robot.

pizzafliptofakie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1960
« Reply #1658 on: January 09, 2011, 08:20:57 AM »
@Mikemo27 aye Nigga I heard yo talkin shit 1:49 PM Jan 4th via Twitter for iPhone

@Mikemo27 Is Mo short for Homo? 6:39 PM Jan 4th via Twitter for Android

jacktharipper

• Rep: -26
  • Graphics Out
« Reply #1659 on: January 09, 2011, 09:05:34 AM »
does he have a real twitter? I cant really picture that
MN -> IL

PG Yoshi

• Rep: 7
« Reply #1660 on: January 09, 2011, 09:15:49 AM »
I admit it's possible, but for now I'm calling bullshit on the twitter account. The first tweet is less than a week old, and not even Forrest would be silly enough to call Mike Mo out like that.

I say it's someone's idea of a funny joke, but that's been done before. The profile picture is kind of amusing though, haha.

Joe Pesci

« Reply #1661 on: January 09, 2011, 10:36:06 AM »
theres no way he would say "how is reynolds pro", he obviously knows reynolds is raw like everyone else since he ate an apple after hearing about reynolds eating fruit

Ronald Wilson Reagan

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -936
  • I own Malibu? I am going to fuck you.
« Reply #1662 on: January 09, 2011, 12:00:48 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

this.

Losers. Why don't you say they both get the award for having fun or trying hard? This is a contest in the real world not fucking kindergarten, and people have opinions on that shit, and aren't going to say they are equal to spare somebody's feelings.

Also- fuck any [random flip trick] to 5050. Its lame. It takes no balance or proper catch, just flip it and land on the ledge.
Are you a kook? If you would say this, the answer is “YES”
I quit skating for a time due to piling out

Nick

• Rep: 0
« Reply #1663 on: January 09, 2011, 12:10:45 PM »
Anybody see the new SLAP ad in the KOTR thrasher issue yet?? Forrest has his ,"I ate a fruit..." quote in it hahaha

krewkruxklan

• Rep: 17
    • SUPRFI$CAL avatar image
« Reply #1664 on: January 09, 2011, 12:27:49 PM »
Also- fuck any [random flip trick] to 5050. Its lame. It takes no balance or proper catch, just flip it and land on the ledge.
::)

cats is nice but I aint seen god since hova spit that navy blue to me
SUPRFI$CAL

L33Tg33k

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 717
  • F.A.P. - Forever Alone Party
« Reply #1665 on: January 09, 2011, 12:47:27 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
It's weird seeing people take sides so heavily. Both tricks were crazer, but for different reasons. Tall 360 flip vs. alley-oop kickflip. Different people have different tricks locked. Example, I got 3 flip 50s (on boxes), but can't kickflip into anything frontside to save my life (except nose, but thats different).  Then there are people who have it the opposite way. Arguing about what's more comfortable/easier for two different people is pretty fucking strange.
[close]

this.

[close]
Losers. Why don't you say they both get the award for having fun or trying hard? This is a contest in the real world not fucking kindergarten, and people have opinions on that shit, and aren't going to say they are equal to spare somebody's feelings.

Neither does a 5-0 on a down ledge and you'll find a lot of people feel the same.  In fact, I think a good proportion of people would find it easier than a 50-50, me being one of them.
I don't really like the trick either, but 360 flip 50 down a hubba is def harder than a kickflip front 5-0 for the vast majority of people.  No question.  At least to the people that can grasp the mechanics of both.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2011, 12:49:00 PM by L33Tg33k »
Before you say the music sucked, have you considered shutting the fuck up?

via

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 239
« Reply #1666 on: January 09, 2011, 12:54:09 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
It's weird seeing people take sides so heavily. Both tricks were crazer, but for different reasons. Tall 360 flip vs. alley-oop kickflip. Different people have different tricks locked. Example, I got 3 flip 50s (on boxes), but can't kickflip into anything frontside to save my life (except nose, but thats different).� Then there are people who have it the opposite way. Arguing about what's more comfortable/easier for two different people is pretty fucking strange.
[close]

this.

[close]

All I said was that it's hard to say one way or another because, while they were on the same ledge, they're completely different tricks. This is a comment on the tricks in general, outside of the competition. I was just surprised people were so confidently saying one trick was obviously harder than the other, while others argued the other way, which kind of proves my point. Not quite giving them your "fun time" award, but I can't really say I think one was any more difficult than the other, both just crazy.

I guess I should keep in mind it is a contest, and everything is looked at under scrutiny. Rueban takes it in my book, as kickflip front 5's are something so foreign to me, and he did it more confidently and cleaner that Forrest did his trick. Rueban also said he is scared of skating big hubbas, so him doing something on Clipper as opposed to Forrest, whose game plan is "Go Big", makes it all the more impressive.

My book, Rueban won Clipper.

Happy?

Ronald Wilson Reagan

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -936
  • I own Malibu? I am going to fuck you.
« Reply #1667 on: January 09, 2011, 01:02:31 PM »
Fair enough. I pretty much agree with that. At the same time, maybe its my personality, but I think its kind of a fun and harmless argument.

Whoever pointed out that 5-0 on the downledge thing has a point, but I still say that the alley-oop kickflip or whatever its called on is tougher, and that you do have to catch your kickflip a certain way to do a kickflip 5-0. I've only done them backside, but that's my experience with them.
Are you a kook? If you would say this, the answer is “YES”
I quit skating for a time due to piling out

SK8-N-WorshipSatan

« Reply #1668 on: January 09, 2011, 04:29:22 PM »
No he meant that the 360 flip is flicked towards the ledge, whereas the kickflip is flicked away from the ledge.

It actually makes a lot of sense.

Yes quite traditional. It's part of our peoples noble heritage. We have lost our ways from the traditions of sacred elders and let our traditions be raped by outsiders, bringing shame and dishonour to our people.

yeah dude!

« Reply #1669 on: January 09, 2011, 06:03:24 PM »
Maybe the one thing we can agree on is to stop calling it a fucking "alley-oop kickflip".

The Bullet

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 138
« Reply #1670 on: January 09, 2011, 06:20:03 PM »
holy shit are you guys still arguing over the clipper tricks?   

cool!

todd rodd

• Rep: 5
« Reply #1671 on: January 09, 2011, 06:58:40 PM »
holy shit are you guys still arguing over the clipper tricks?   

cool!
you tell 'em sllllllllut!!!

spare change

« Reply #1672 on: January 09, 2011, 07:00:44 PM »
Clipper ledge is no joke.Either trick would be hard as shit.I respect both.

Bertie

• Rep: 65
« Reply #1673 on: January 10, 2011, 06:24:42 AM »
wheres my episode? it's monday...

strangefires

« Reply #1674 on: January 10, 2011, 06:30:31 AM »
wheres my episode? it's monday...

whiteleeeeeey!

VictoriousOG

« Reply #1675 on: January 10, 2011, 07:26:13 AM »

ChildoftheGhetto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -1322
  • Nathaniel Turner with a burner
« Reply #1676 on: January 10, 2011, 08:00:38 AM »
hahaha he didn't even go that high. He won because he's damn near a foot taller than everyone else.

annoyedwithskating

« Reply #1677 on: January 10, 2011, 08:33:40 AM »
most boringest episode. dont get mad everyone, forest skated tranny and smiled in that one.

TMKF

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -485
« Reply #1678 on: January 10, 2011, 08:36:12 AM »
Idk Forrest looks about the same height. That was probably the worst episode yet, quite a dud, it would've spiced things up a little if someone would've grinded the knobs off the rail, seems like a rail just about everyone coulda done something on.

finknoos

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -170
  • Typos here there and everywhere
« Reply #1679 on: January 10, 2011, 08:37:59 AM »
most boringest episode. dont get mad everyone, forest skated tranny and smiled in that one.

oh shit... prepare for 3 pages of arguments and people saying shit like "told u he can skate tranny, he just doesnt want to most of the time"