Author Topic: Official One In A Million 2010 Thread  (Read 278340 times)

tangar

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 64
  • THINK LESS
Re: Official One In A Million 2010 Thread (ep. 12)
« Reply #1710 on: January 10, 2011, 05:59:04 PM »
Expand Quote
Sure wasn't expecting Mango to ollie that gap, especially when Reuben couldn't
[close]
I doubt either of them gave a shit, its a fucking drop ollie.
And John's wallride was pretty rad i thought, that screengrab makes it look even gnarlier, tippy toes, board sideways.  It's alot safer keeping your body tight and doing it the way everyone else was.

my thoughts exactly.
Man the long board truck thing killed indy for me. I was willing to set aside the racism, but long boarding, gtfo... - DH

NowhereInLife

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 20
« Reply #1711 on: January 10, 2011, 06:01:00 PM »
Expand Quote
maintenance, why is this thread still titled (ep. 12)?

details people.
[close]

cuz you're going nowhere in life

hardy har, not sure what the trajectory of my existence has to do with the incongruencies in the contest media but if you insist...

SK8-N-WorshipSatan

« Reply #1712 on: January 10, 2011, 06:23:01 PM »
Expand Quote
Idk Forrest looks about the same height. That was probably the worst episode yet, quite a dud, it would've spiced things up a little if someone would've grinded the knobs off the rail, seems like a rail just about everyone coulda done something on.
[close]
forrest is like 5'6. john is like 6'0. I just noticed mango and forrest boards actually went the highest. I would've won that challenge because I'm taller than john. That was lame.

The way forest did it (not carving) it's easier to go higher., I am an authority on this because I have a giant tranny to wall ride in my back yard and I can definatly say it's easier to ? go higher by pumping to fakie or switch pumping to regular than carving.

Ronald Wilson Reagan

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -936
  • I own Malibu? I am going to fuck you.
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #1713 on: January 10, 2011, 06:29:58 PM »
That hippie dude is pretty much what I think of when I think of Santa Cruz, and I remember that place fondly.
Does anybody else think mango has actually been creeping in with some pretty sick footage in the past couple of episodes? The shit he did at 3rd was sick, and I really liked his gap to nosemanual drop to nosemanual to skitch the bus line early in the week. I know he won't win, but he isn't making too poor of a showing in terms of the clips he is gathering.
Are you a kook? If you would say this, the answer is “YES”
I quit skating for a time due to piling out

chillout

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 9
  • beer
« Reply #1714 on: January 10, 2011, 06:49:58 PM »
anyone get the new thrasher yet? really tight oiam ad with forrest

grimcity

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2214
  • computer says no
« Reply #1715 on: January 10, 2011, 07:15:59 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Idk Forrest looks about the same height. That was probably the worst episode yet, quite a dud, it would've spiced things up a little if someone would've grinded the knobs off the rail, seems like a rail just about everyone coulda done something on.
[close]
forrest is like 5'6. john is like 6'0. I just noticed mango and forrest boards actually went the highest. I would've won that challenge because I'm taller than john. That was lame.
[close]

The way forest did it (not carving) it's easier to go higher., I am an authority on this because I have a giant tranny to wall ride in my back yard and I can definatly say it's easier to ? go higher by pumping to fakie or switch pumping to regular than carving.

I've never skated a whole pipe that big before, but in a couple that I have ridden, coming down fakie can be really tricky... when you're rolling forward you know you can turn at the peak of your ride up the wall, but when coming in fakie it's super easy to have your board whip out from under you because your natural tendency is to pump down expecting flatbottom- which never happens, so you wind up either being too straight legged to pump up the other side fakie, or you get kind've "lost" causing you to put too much weight forward, resulting in a projectile skateboard.

It could be different on a bigger pipe like that one, but in the smaller ones I've skated, coming back in fakie was pretty terrifying until getting really really used to it.

Edited to add a personal example:
« Last Edit: January 10, 2011, 07:19:10 PM by grimcity »

idealhandmades

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 132
    • IDEAL Handmades - Skateboards avatar image
« Reply #1716 on: January 10, 2011, 07:42:20 PM »

i got your fakie thruster right 'ere!

(bonus embarrassment for the ice lounge tag still attached.)
@idealhandmades

Gomez

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -441
« Reply #1717 on: January 10, 2011, 08:26:21 PM »
the projectile board is the main reason why i'll most likely never skate a full pipe. there's literally no place where a rogue board traveling with that much momentum and you wouldn't be fucked up. but in general it's easier to get higher pumping to fakie than trying to carve, that's just common sense.

SK8-N-WorshipSatan

« Reply #1718 on: January 10, 2011, 08:38:01 PM »
^ yep cause when you carve not all of your momentum goes up, some goes sideways, thus with the same amount of speed you will always get higher on a pump to fakie than a carve.

friendly dave

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 736
  • grinding to a halt
    • grindingtoahalt avatar image
« Reply #1719 on: January 10, 2011, 10:03:25 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

The way forest did it (not carving) it's easier to go higher., I am an authority on this because I have a giant tranny to wall ride in my back yard and I can definatly say it's easier to ? go higher by pumping to fakie or switch pumping to regular than carving.
[close]

I've never skated a whole pipe that big before, but in a couple that I have ridden, coming down fakie can be really tricky... when you're rolling forward you know you can turn at the peak of your ride up the wall, but when coming in fakie it's super easy to have your board whip out from under you because your natural tendency is to pump down expecting flatbottom- which never happens, so you wind up either being too straight legged to pump up the other side fakie, or you get kind've "lost" causing you to put too much weight forward, resulting in a projectile skateboard.

It could be different on a bigger pipe like that one, but in the smaller ones I've skated, coming back in fakie was pretty terrifying until getting really really used to it.

It's definitely easier going fakie without getting looped out on a bigger pipe.
Because you can't kill and idea, and we will not be ruled!

the visuals are also mad visual yo
FTW

juja

« Reply #1720 on: January 11, 2011, 12:19:43 AM »
That hippie dude is pretty much what I think of when I think of Santa Cruz, and I remember that place fondly.
Does anybody else think mango has actually been creeping in with some pretty sick footage in the past couple of episodes? The shit he did at 3rd was sick, and I really liked his gap to nosemanual drop to nosemanual to skitch the bus line early in the week. I know he won't win, but he isn't making too poor of a showing in terms of the clips he is gathering.
yeah but i dunno that last line with 3 tre flips in a row was so fugly, i guess it wasnt a proper line but it looked really gay.. the hippy jump that followed was amazing no doubt, but 3 in a row, wernt people going crazy on here when worrest did 2 tre flips in a line??

realitycontrol

• Rep: 237
  • "only when i breathe"
« Reply #1721 on: January 11, 2011, 11:31:58 AM »
I am an authority on this because I have a giant tranny in my back yard
"Judging by the state of the economy and world at large, looks like we get to be the fucked generation." - Mouth

Joey Crack

• Rep: -3
« Reply #1722 on: January 11, 2011, 11:52:13 AM »
Mangos been killing it the past few episodes but i would still like to see forest take it in the end...he is a total dick i wont lie about that and definetly would never wanna skate with him but his cockiness humors me...i would like to see more footage of gonzo tho that dude kills it hopefully he steps it up in the next episode

alittleethnicsong

« Reply #1723 on: January 11, 2011, 12:24:39 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

[close]

The above made me think about how spoiled I am, that the only full-pipe I have ever skated, is Louisville's, and in that monster, it would be kind of absurd to be rolling fakie at any time--unless of course your Hewitt going through it switch after backside 5-0ing to fakie, in that gigantic bowl on its one side. Last time I lived in Chicago, made bi-weekly roadtrips down to Louisville for a year or so, and got to skate that thing on the regs'.

Between that long-ass vert capsule thing on one side of it (11, 12 foot), and that burly bowl on the other side of it (13 foot?), the full-pipe at Louisville is so long and high--not to mention motherfuckers are coming through it so fast--that you have problems if you are putzing around inside of it going straight back and forth.

I'm usually not one to criticize anybody's skating, but I will say that that was one of the slowest, most uneventful, and pitiful sticker-sticking-whatever-you-call-its that I have ever seen. And as some people have mentioned, can't believe they went to a park, and no sick lines came out of it--what else are parks for?

Ronald Wilson Reagan

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -936
  • I own Malibu? I am going to fuck you.
« Reply #1724 on: January 11, 2011, 12:45:53 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
yeah but i dunno that last line with 3 tre flips in a row was so fugly, i guess it wasnt a proper line but it looked really gay.. the hippy jump that followed was amazing no doubt, but 3 in a row, wernt people going crazy on here when worrest did 2 tre flips in a line??
You took that line seriously? Really? You really are that stupid huh? That hippie jump was decent, but I know many people who have done that there. That was a "filming a dude messing around in the parking lot before they left the spot" moment.
Also, let's get something straight. The santa cruz park is a pure back and forth kind of park in the street section. There's like one quarterpipe in the whole thing, and its 20 feet wide and about 80 feet long. The bowls are cool, but they are just bowls. Santa Cruz park has some cool shit, but isn't the place to go to film long lines at all.

And Gomez, you plan to never skate a full pipe ever because the board could come around and possibly hit you? Straight pussy shit right there.
Are you a kook? If you would say this, the answer is “YES”
I quit skating for a time due to piling out

everypennyfedcar

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 109
  • Getting paid like a biker with the best crank.
« Reply #1725 on: January 11, 2011, 01:10:10 PM »
I'm a fan of the triple 360 flip line, that was off da hooks.
Spray it like a high-rank sniper in the West Bank.

mcpeepants

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -18
« Reply #1726 on: January 11, 2011, 03:53:10 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

details people.
[close]

[close]

hardy har, not sure what the trajectory of my existence has to do with the incongruencies in the contest media but if you insist...

I was quoting your user name...
you some closet dick-in-da-booty ass nigga.

mcpeepants

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -18
« Reply #1727 on: January 11, 2011, 03:57:45 PM »

i got your fakie thruster right 'ere!

(bonus embarrassment for the ice lounge tag still attached.)

Tosh.0
you some closet dick-in-da-booty ass nigga.

Gomez

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1728 on: January 11, 2011, 07:33:26 PM »

And Gomez, you plan to never skate a full pipe ever because the board could come around and possibly hit you? Straight pussy shit right there.
the fact is full pipes are fucked and they don't look even remotely fun. why the hell would i risk getting a projectile board to the head when even if i escaped all harm in skating it, i'm sure i won't enjoy it? the fun in skating transition for me is centered around grinds/stalls/slides because that's really all i can do. if i skated a full pipe, the only thing i would be able to do in it is a bunch of reverts and pump fakies. i'm willing to fuck around on shit that i suck at skating if no harm will come from it, but for the same reason that i'm not gonna skate a giant stair set or handrail, i definitely can't imagine myself fucking with a full pipe.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2011, 07:37:34 PM by Gomez »

frenchtoast

• Rep: -55
« Reply #1729 on: January 11, 2011, 07:51:34 PM »

nope post it

chillout

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 9
  • beer
« Reply #1730 on: January 11, 2011, 08:09:50 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

nope post it

i dont have a scanner, but its the switch tre he did with the quote about reynolds eating fruits

Tuna

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 225
« Reply #1731 on: January 11, 2011, 10:23:17 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

you're probably talking about the line where he switch 360 flips UP the stairs then down em. switch 3 flippers are fuckin hard to do up stairs.

Gomez

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1732 on: January 11, 2011, 10:37:59 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

you're probably talking about the line where he switch 360 flips UP the stairs then down em. switch 3 flippers are fuckin hard to do up stairs.
yeah i never understood how anyone could hate on that line. i remember watching a part a while back where a dude did two of the same tricks in a line not too long ago and thinking how it was a perfect point to bring up in a debate on this topic, but i can't remember it.

NowhereInLife

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 20
« Reply #1733 on: January 12, 2011, 05:38:39 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

details people.
[close]

[close]

[close]

I was quoting your user name...

yeah well fuck you.  nah just messin with you. 

thread title is now updated so all is swell. 

girls peepee when they see me.

daniel

• Rep: 35
Re: Official One In A Million 2010 Thread (ep. 14)
« Reply #1734 on: January 12, 2011, 01:18:40 PM »
are we getting  new one today?

MaryhillVibe

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 151
  • gfm
    • www.mudozine.com avatar image
« Reply #1735 on: January 12, 2011, 01:27:31 PM »
Said it was going back up to three this week so I presumed there would be one today.

Where ma stories!!!!

Joe Pesci

« Reply #1736 on: January 12, 2011, 01:32:52 PM »
i need to fill my quote quota via forrest edwards mouth

after typing that, for some reason i feel like i should put no homo

strangefires

« Reply #1737 on: January 12, 2011, 02:28:18 PM »
 >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(

Chron Artest

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 18
« Reply #1738 on: January 12, 2011, 08:30:28 PM »
can't get enough of this show.  more forrest please!  turn this into a 30 min spot on fuel next year...

Bubblegum Tate

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -1042
  • Slap's Resident Sneakerhead
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #1739 on: January 12, 2011, 10:22:22 PM »
Quote from: daniel  link=topic=48687.msg1354633#msg1354633 date=1294867120
are we getting  new one today?

Once every Thursday
Ethan Bubblegum Tate - Captain of the Harlem Globetrotters, lecturer of Physics at Globetrotter University.
Tate is one of the best posters that's not me