Author Topic: Official One In A Million 2010 Thread  (Read 278448 times)

lamfordie

• Trade Count: (-1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 292
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Re: Official One In A Million 2010 Thread (ep. 14)
« Reply #1770 on: January 13, 2011, 09:48:33 AM »
Whiteleys reaction at the end has been my feeling about Forrest the entire time.

NowhereInLife

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 20
« Reply #1771 on: January 13, 2011, 09:49:14 AM »
kinda goes without saying, but whatever company get's the non-forrest (if that is indeed the case) winner of this competition is secretly gonna be like - dang, wish we got that dude.

in the meantime i'm gonna go get my sticker stickin skills up.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2011, 09:58:52 AM by NowhereInLife »

Jupiter

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 54
« Reply #1772 on: January 13, 2011, 09:53:15 AM »
LMFAO forrest is hilarious  :D

Lenny the Fatface

« Reply #1773 on: January 13, 2011, 09:54:35 AM »
Its painful to see Nik make a bunch of excuses.

Choad Muskrat

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 522
« Reply #1774 on: January 13, 2011, 09:58:31 AM »
Its painful to see Nik make a bunch of excuses.

all I can remember of him is that back tail front 180 on the bank to ledge, has he got any other tricks so far? dude seems like the biggest pussy

spare change

« Reply #1775 on: January 13, 2011, 10:07:45 AM »
the only winners I can see based on productivity alone is forrest, matty and reuben. you could argue that forrest not skating transition counts agasint him, but it's not like those other dudes are doing anything super gnar-gnar on tranny.
But unless you skate a tranny spot multiple times to get the lines dialed it might be a little bit much to expect anything but go to tricks.I get what you're saying though.Beyond the gap to hop back into tricks I saw what would you consider gnar gnar at the ditch spot?Some switch tricks like a back tail or noseblunt?Not arguing just trying to gain some perspective.

hekkahyphy

« Reply #1776 on: January 13, 2011, 10:10:26 AM »
idc what anyone says theotis wouldve so skated that spot, maybe not doin frontside airs and shyut but he wldve at least pumped or something. to completely not skate a spot is kinda absurd

gizmo

• Rep: 3
« Reply #1777 on: January 13, 2011, 10:10:39 AM »

Donkey Lips

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 996
« Reply #1778 on: January 13, 2011, 10:12:12 AM »
Is this the only episode we've seen Nik skating without eating shit everywhere?

Water Plantis

• Rep: -13
« Reply #1779 on: January 13, 2011, 10:13:14 AM »
Tune in next week as the crew gang rapes forrest

i used to skate

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -27
« Reply #1780 on: January 13, 2011, 10:13:48 AM »
I thought Forrest was in the final 3 but it doesn't look like it.

1 thing i've noticed in my many years of reality television watching: whatever they make it seem like is gonna happen in the previews is the opposite of what is actually gonna happen. plus, if you pause the video at the end when Whitely is talking to the guys, you can see that Forrest, John, and Rueben are wearing the same clothes they were in the pic of the three of them as finalists.

how they picked John over Matt is beyond me. Rueben, Forrest, Matty. no brainer.

Choad Muskrat

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1781 on: January 13, 2011, 10:14:25 AM »
Expand Quote
the only winners I can see based on productivity alone is forrest, matty and reuben. you could argue that forrest not skating transition counts agasint him, but it's not like those other dudes are doing anything super gnar-gnar on tranny.
[close]
But unless you skate a tranny spot multiple times to get the lines dialed it might be a little bit much to expect anything but go to tricks.I get what you're saying though.Beyond the gap to hop back into tricks I saw what would you consider gnar gnar at the ditch spot?Some switch tricks like a back tail or noseblunt?Not arguing just trying to gain some perspective.

I just mean it's hard to compare some semi-mellow lip tricks and frontside airs to 360 flip 50-50 clipper. No one besides rueben even stepped to the harder spots that forrest killed.

Not to say the tricks at the ditch and other tranny spots weren't good, there just hasn't been anything that mind blowing. Everything done on transition so far could be done by heaps of other non-sponsored skaters. The same can't be said about the stuff forrest and reuben have been skating.

ticklefingers

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -217
  • middleweight lurker
« Reply #1782 on: January 13, 2011, 10:24:05 AM »

earlygrab

« Reply #1783 on: January 13, 2011, 10:25:02 AM »
I wouldn't say Forrest gets bonus for only skating the hard spots. Clipper is no joke, but that's the only make or break spot they've been to. Then again it's all perspective, that full pipe seemed like it had Forrest shook with his lady faky pumps.

I'd like to see each rider get their own separate video part. That to me would make these arguements pretty clear. I just don't see how Forrest can get in the top 3 when he only skated 30% of the spots they visit. You can't build a house with just a couple hammers. Hows that for a cheesy analogy.

Choad Muskrat

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1784 on: January 13, 2011, 10:28:07 AM »
it would also take you a long time to build a house with no hammers.

CaptainMorganFreeman

• Rep: 46
    • proskates.com avatar image
« Reply #1785 on: January 13, 2011, 10:30:15 AM »
John kinda sucks in my opinion, all he does are f/s airs. Top 3 should definitely be Rueben, Matty and Gonzo kid. Forrest would be in 4th, only cause the dude refuses to skate half the spots.

You're a fucking moron.

NowhereInLife

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1786 on: January 13, 2011, 10:31:41 AM »
i think Reynolds said something along the lines of, a few hammers a month will keep you pro for a long time.

also he eats fruit.

whereas 50 b-grade tranny lip tricks a day won't even get you there, or shouldn't.

Donkey Lips

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 996
« Reply #1787 on: January 13, 2011, 10:45:38 AM »
Matty seemed awesome up until the whole thing where he just sat outside the park because one time he broke his foot. Boohoo. Get in there and make that park hurt. Fuck, even Forrest got down with it and he doesn't skate most of the spots.

earlygrab

« Reply #1788 on: January 13, 2011, 10:49:11 AM »
Renolds may have said that, and it may work for him, but that doesn't make it true for everyone. It's just as naive as saying Theotis wouldn't skate a spot.

Albatross

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 76
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #1789 on: January 13, 2011, 10:52:20 AM »
i dont understand why it isnt matty forrest ruben finals

VictoriousOG

« Reply #1790 on: January 13, 2011, 10:58:47 AM »
More importantly. What is the dog's name?

One of my favorite episodes yet. I was expecting an awkward shot of Forrest not skating the ditch, but the judging at end took the cake.

NickDagger

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -32
« Reply #1791 on: January 13, 2011, 11:02:22 AM »
Off topic, but which cities in mid/upper california have the best beaches?
"DIS YA BOI NICK DAGGAL" -Arto Saari

kevbo999

« Reply #1792 on: January 13, 2011, 11:04:04 AM »
*anxiously awaits whiteley's personal re-cap post*

bandini

« Reply #1793 on: January 13, 2011, 11:04:52 AM »
Forest comparing himself to Theotis is the greatest irony ever, since Theotis is one of the most obvious examples of how being a super nice guy and getting along with everyone around you will do more than anything else to advance your skate career.

wuust

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -26
« Reply #1794 on: January 13, 2011, 11:06:58 AM »
expect theotis doing something there for the next deathwish/baker video.

annoyedwithskating

« Reply #1795 on: January 13, 2011, 11:08:20 AM »
so basically you have to be a dorky white guy with a "positive attitude" to win this thing? seriously, who gives a shit about attitude? who are they to say what the right attitude is? they didnt grow up in this guys home, or experience life the way he does.  i bet in the long run, forrest would be easier to get along with than everyone else in this fucking thing. sweet little mango called him a prick. when did forrest call mango a prick? fucking hypocrites. yeah, he doesnt skate all the spots, but there is hardly a time when all the other dudes are all skating a spot. he just gets singled out cause he says crazy shit. ive skated santa cruz, it can be fun, but ive been there and not had fun. shit happens. dude is funny. at the end of the day, those guys are taking themselves as seriously (if not more) than he is. im not saying forrest should win, from the footage so far, no body deserves to win shit. although forrest has done the most legit stuff, so maybe him or matty.

Bubblegum Tate

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -1042
  • Slap's Resident Sneakerhead
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
Ethan Bubblegum Tate - Captain of the Harlem Globetrotters, lecturer of Physics at Globetrotter University.
Tate is one of the best posters that's not me

NowhereInLife

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1797 on: January 13, 2011, 11:20:18 AM »
haha, he didn't want the "i'm friendly with the dog points"

pizzafliptofakie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1960
« Reply #1798 on: January 13, 2011, 11:20:44 AM »
so basically you have to be a dorky white guy with a "positive attitude" to win this thing? seriously, who gives a shit about attitude? who are they to say what the right attitude is? they didnt grow up in this guys home, or experience life the way he does. �i bet in the long run, forrest would be easier to get along with than everyone else in this fucking thing. sweet little mango called him a prick. when did forrest call mango a prick? fucking hypocrites. yeah, he doesnt skate all the spots, but there is hardly a time when all the other dudes are all skating a spot. he just gets singled out cause he says crazy shit. ive skated santa cruz, it can be fun, but ive been there and not had fun. shit happens. dude is funny. at the end of the day, those guys are taking themselves as seriously (if not more) than he is. im not saying forrest should win, from the footage so far, no body deserves to win shit. although forrest has done the most legit stuff, so maybe him or matty.

So what, if somebody acts like a dick, acknowledging that makes you worse? Clearly he's not "easier to get along with" if all the fucking people he's with agree.

And "attitude" is one of the winning conditions, genius.

annoyedwithskating

« Reply #1799 on: January 13, 2011, 11:23:18 AM »
I just dont see what attitude has to do with winning a skateboarding contest. also, these dudes are all very judgmental. their attitudes need work in my opinion. and how is he acting like a dick? because he doesnt tell them what they want to hear? ok, forrest, next time they ask you a question say "yeah dude, totally, youre sooo right. yeah, i love that spot, i love everything you love. totally."