Author Topic: Official One In A Million 2010 Thread  (Read 278294 times)

PBODY

Re: Official One In A Million 2010 Thread (ep. 14)
« Reply #1800 on: January 13, 2011, 11:30:29 AM »
I just dont see what attitude has to do with winning a skateboarding contest. also, these dudes are all very judgmental. their attitudes need work in my opinion. and how is he acting like a dick? because he doesnt tell them what they want to hear? ok, forrest, next time they ask you a question say "yeah dude, totally, youre sooo right. yeah, i love that spot, i love everything you love. totally."

Personally I think Forrest is awesome however, this is what makes skateboarding the best. You can be amazing at skateboarding and just be a total kook and no one will give a fuck about you.

Hercules Rockefeller

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -13
  • i`m a double-bacon-genius-burger.
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #1801 on: January 13, 2011, 11:31:51 AM »
I just dont see what attitude has to do with winning a skateboarding contest. also, these dudes are all very judgmental. their attitudes need work in my opinion. and how is he acting like a dick? because he doesnt tell them what they want to hear? ok, forrest, next time they ask you a question say "yeah dude, totally, youre sooo right. yeah, i love that spot, i love everything you love. totally."

no matter what you think, in my opinion, i will always vote for the guy that gives the 2nd placed guy and all the other ones a high five at the ceremony instead of praising himself as the superior winner. (i�m not saying that forrest would do so, but you get the idea. well, maybe you wont.)

anblue

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 81
  • You just got killed by a Daewoo Lanos, motherfucka
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #1802 on: January 13, 2011, 11:35:37 AM »
Who the fuck spends more than $5 at taco bell?
Being liked on slap is the only award

annoyedwithskating

« Reply #1803 on: January 13, 2011, 11:36:22 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

no matter what you think, in my opinion, i will always vote for the guy that gives the 2nd placed guy and all the other ones a high five at the ceremony instead of praising himself as the superior winner. (i�m not saying that forrest would do so, but you get the idea. well, maybe you wont.)

maybe not. asshole. anyway, i think if someones attitude is genuine then thats great. but i just dont think he relates to those dudes. i really dont either. if they were more down to earth i guess i would care more. but they seem pretty out of touch as well and hes getting singled out because he doesnt say or do the "right" thing.

lawnguyland

« Reply #1804 on: January 13, 2011, 11:37:20 AM »

maybe because he has a severe case of "worse dude ever syndrome" and none of the companies sponsoring the contest are going to want to deal with a cunt like him. and i dont think there will be a "next time they ask a question" considering this all happened months ago. ass.

earlygrab

« Reply #1805 on: January 13, 2011, 11:42:27 AM »
When someone with years of experience in the industry tries to give you advise(as your trying to start in the industry) it's a fucking favor. To blow them off and act like they are bossing you around is some egomaniac, self absorbed, insecurity bullshit. Those slap guys are treating Forrest way nicer than they should. Kid needs a reality check.

annoyedwithskating

« Reply #1806 on: January 13, 2011, 11:46:35 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

maybe because he has a severe case of "worse dude ever syndrome" and none of the companies sponsoring the contest are going to want to deal with a cunt like him. and i dont think there will be a "next time they ask a question" considering this all happened months ago. ass.

you meant to say "worst dude ever" ass. and i was speaking hypothetically, moron.

GatorsGhost

• Rep: 116
    • Chilogy avatar image
« Reply #1807 on: January 13, 2011, 11:49:00 AM »
Even if Forrest never gets a pro board, I hope he gets one of those dolls that spouts catchphrases when you pull the string on it's back.

heckler

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 475
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #1808 on: January 13, 2011, 11:49:57 AM »
I honestly don't see why attitude shouldn't play a part in who won. All of those guys got a free week long trip to SF to skate, and I'm sure the last thing Mark or anyone wants to hear is how someone is too cool to skate a spot.
Ha SLAP's resident libtard and NY pro cocksucker.

Alan

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2549
« Reply #1809 on: January 13, 2011, 11:54:08 AM »
Word, it's not like they're taking two minute runs on a course. This contest has a different format, and attitude plays a part, you can't just turn it off.
Hosin' out the cab of his pickup truck
He's got his 8-track playin' really fuckin' loud

lawnguyland

« Reply #1810 on: January 13, 2011, 11:57:37 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

you meant to say "worst dude ever" ass. and i was speaking hypothetically, moron.

oh shit your right. i forgot this was a spelling bee. and no shit it was hypothetically, its still a dumbass way of looking at it. dude is a complete kook in every way possible and no company is going to want to help or do buisness with someone like that.

alittleethnicsong

« Reply #1811 on: January 13, 2011, 12:00:29 PM »
Dear god, Forrest speaks with an ever-larger foot in his mouth...he could not have picked a worse person to compare himself to than Theotis, who seems like one of the most positive and open-minded dudes ever.

Beyond attitude, the only way you could say Forrest wins, is if you disregard the majority of the spots they went to, and only consider maybe three or four of them--if that many.

dude

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 5
« Reply #1812 on: January 13, 2011, 12:03:06 PM »
joe brook is the nicest dude ever and the look on his face at the end of the episode says everything about forests attitude. pathetic

5inchDick

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 45
« Reply #1813 on: January 13, 2011, 12:11:33 PM »
WOW I JUST READ SOME OF THIS SHIT ...

AND OK.. SO LETS SEE

REAL - I HEARD THAT ERNIE TORRESS GUY IS A COMPLETE FUCKING ASSHOLE ...
AND AS GNAR AS "TNT" IS LETS NOT FORGET ABOUT HIM BURING DOWN A SKATEPARK ...

THEN LETS GO OVER TO
HABITAT = TIM OCONNER NO SKATE FOOTY BUT TALKS SO MUCH SHIT ON EVERYBODY IN A ATTEMPT TO BE FUNNY
AND I WONT EVEN NAME MORE ON THAT COMPANY

BUT GET THE FUCK OUTA HERE WITH THAT "ATTITUDE" SHIT YOU FUCKING FAGS SHOULD HAVE JUST SAID OK THIS IS A SKATE CONEST FOLLOWED BY INTENSE DICK SUCKING AND THAT WILL DETERMINE YOUR STANDINGS !!!!

THAT DUDE 360FLIP 50'D THE FUCKING CLIPPER HUBBA !!!!!!!!!

COME THE FUCK ON !!!!!!!!!!!!

annoyedwithskating

« Reply #1814 on: January 13, 2011, 12:11:53 PM »
Dear god, Forrest speaks with an ever-larger foot in his mouth...he could not have picked a worse person to compare himself to than Theotis, who seems like one of the most positive and open-minded dudes ever.

Beyond attitude, the only way you could say Forrest wins, is if you disregard the majority of the spots they went to, and only consider maybe three or four of them--if that many.

that comment was hilarious. some of you people really do not have a sense of humor.

alittleethnicsong

« Reply #1815 on: January 13, 2011, 12:15:47 PM »
joe brook is the nicest dude ever and the look on his face at the end of the episode says everything about forests attitude. pathetic

alittleethnicsong

« Reply #1816 on: January 13, 2011, 12:20:50 PM »

AND OK.. SO LETS SEE

THEN LETS GO OVER TO
HABITAT = TIM OCONNER NO SKATE FOOTY BUT TALKS SO MUCH SHIT ON EVERYBODY IN A ATTEMPT TO BE FUNNY

BUT GET THE FUCK OUTA HERE WITH THAT "ATTITUDE" SHIT YOU FUCKING FAGS SHOULD HAVE JUST SAID OK THIS IS A SKATE CONEST FOLLOWED BY INTENSE DICK SUCKING AND THAT WILL DETERMINE YOUR STANDINGS !!!!

If this would have been in regular lower case and capital letters I would have said you were full of shit...but...since you put it in all capitals, I definitely agree.

Also, I would expect a child of about 8, to say something like "I would have had fun if I felt like it, but I didn't feel like it." Forrest is one of the least digested pieces of grizzle in the poo poo that skating just sharted on itself.

Dark Knight

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 364
« Reply #1817 on: January 13, 2011, 12:21:29 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

that comment was hilarious. some of you people really do not have a sense of humor.

shut up, geoff.  I don't like you.

NowhereInLife

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 20
« Reply #1818 on: January 13, 2011, 12:28:59 PM »
calm down everyone let's focus on what's important.  the tricks that went down.

umm, what were they again?

haha kidding.  GO SLAP!

strangefires

« Reply #1819 on: January 13, 2011, 12:36:19 PM »

AND OK.. SO LETS SEE

THEN LETS GO OVER TO

for sure. i'm a big believer in letting the skating speak for itself, but let's be honest, that's not what sells.

bakingsoda

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 20
« Reply #1820 on: January 13, 2011, 12:38:43 PM »
so basically you have to be a dorky white guy with a "positive attitude" to win this thing? seriously, who gives a shit about attitude? who are they to say what the right attitude is? they didnt grow up in this guys home, or experience life the way he does. ? i bet in the long run, forrest would be easier to get along with than everyone else in this fucking thing. sweet little mango called him a prick. when did forrest call mango a prick? fucking hypocrites. yeah, he doesnt skate all the spots, but there is hardly a time when all the other dudes are all skating a spot. he just gets singled out cause he says crazy shit. ive skated santa cruz, it can be fun, but ive been there and not had fun. shit happens. dude is funny. at the end of the day, those guys are taking themselves as seriously (if not more) than he is. im not saying forrest should win, from the footage so far, no body deserves to win shit. although forrest has done the most legit stuff, so maybe him or matty.
To begin, John called him a prick not Mango. You're also an idiot to say no one deserves to win shit. All this shit took place in the span of a week. Thats a lot of shit to go down in a week, so if you think it's lacking then you're dumb as fuck. Also attitude does matter a lot, think about it, being on a company you're going to be dealing with people face to face all the time. Is dealing with someone you don't get along with or hate something anyone would like to have to deal with? Having a bit of a better attitude doesn't mean sucking everyones cock either, it just requires being a little more aprciative. No one needs to be in this contest, it's not a right, it's a previllage. Every one got taken out to San Fran and taken to spots all week while on SLAPs dime. So don't get me wrong, I like Forest but he could have been a little more aprrectitive while still being himself instead of acting like the contest owed him something.

strangefires

« Reply #1821 on: January 13, 2011, 12:49:49 PM »
Even if Forrest never gets a pro board, I hope he gets one of those dolls that spouts catchphrases when you pull the string on it's back.

I would buy this times infinity

Reggie Nobles

• Rep: 84
  • oh no
« Reply #1822 on: January 13, 2011, 12:53:18 PM »

seriously

Mooley

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 254
« Reply #1823 on: January 13, 2011, 12:54:50 PM »
It's clear that the contest will be judged by putting the three finalists in a room and seeing which one the dog runs to first. Forrest shot himself in the foot.

Stephen King Kong

« Reply #1824 on: January 13, 2011, 12:56:51 PM »
I'd like to see each rider get their own separate video part.

This is a good idea.  I would guess that forrest got the most tricks.  How many episodes are left?

Joe Pesci

« Reply #1825 on: January 13, 2011, 12:57:31 PM »
shouldve made the "back up dog" picture with forrest pushing reuben off him at clipper

jayrolla420

• Rep: -4
« Reply #1826 on: January 13, 2011, 12:59:17 PM »
so basically you have to be a dorky white guy with a "positive attitude" to win this thing? seriously, who gives a shit about attitude? who are they to say what the right attitude is? they didnt grow up in this guys home, or experience life the way he does. �i bet in the long run, forrest would be easier to get along with than everyone else in this fucking thing. sweet little mango called him a prick. when did forrest call mango a prick? fucking hypocrites. yeah, he doesnt skate all the spots, but there is hardly a time when all the other dudes are all skating a spot. he just gets singled out cause he says crazy shit. ive skated santa cruz, it can be fun, but ive been there and not had fun. shit happens. dude is funny. at the end of the day, those guys are taking themselves as seriously (if not more) than he is. im not saying forrest should win, from the footage so far, no body deserves to win shit. although forrest has done the most legit stuff, so maybe him or matty.
I think its more to do with arrogance, a ridiculously competitive attitude for skateboarding, and an inability to be happy for anyone else. �

MustardTigerPhilCollins

• Rep: 6
  • Jesus was Batman
« Reply #1827 on: January 13, 2011, 01:00:10 PM »
Forrest is dope and hilarious but what is he fucking regular? How is he gonna sit there and say I didn't want to have fun? Doesn't he realize how much of a douche nozzle hes making himself look like? He could have easily said it wasn't my type of spot or something like that. I think the Whitely speech he gets is going to be like you made the top 3 but...

strangefires

« Reply #1828 on: January 13, 2011, 01:05:39 PM »
i think whiteley would be doing him a huge favor by explaining how his attitude sucks. i don't
think that forrest is a 'bad person'; i just think that he's got some internal issues that he needs
to work out and a wake up call might just be the best medicine for now.

hekkahyphy

« Reply #1829 on: January 13, 2011, 01:10:21 PM »

AND OK.. SO LETS SEE

THEN LETS GO OVER TO

very tru