Author Topic: Official One In A Million 2010 Thread  (Read 278336 times)

kappin

Re: Official One In A Million 2010 Thread (ep. 14)
« Reply #1860 on: January 13, 2011, 04:06:08 PM »
Haha be quiet, dude. You're just trolling, go watch the videos again.

Matty is fucking sick, and has skated almost every spot. Also, him "just" having a great style isn't a very powerful argument against him ;)

mikeywalker

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -1
« Reply #1861 on: January 13, 2011, 04:09:45 PM »
I wouldn't say Forrest gets bonus for only skating the hard spots. Clipper is no joke, but that's the only make or break spot they've been to. Then again it's all perspective, that full pipe seemed like it had Forrest shook with his lady faky pumps.

I'd like to see each rider get their own separate video part. That to me would make these arguements pretty clear. I just don't see how Forrest can get in the top 3 when he only skated 30% of the spots they visit. You can't build a house with just a couple hammers. Hows that for a cheesy analogy.

you're honestly the biggest faggot, whenever i come in this thread i see you bitching about forrest.

daniel

• Rep: 35
« Reply #1862 on: January 13, 2011, 04:12:58 PM »
i dont understand why it isnt matty forrest ruben finals

Same from over here.

nylin

« Reply #1863 on: January 13, 2011, 04:16:12 PM »
*anxiously awaits whiteley's personal re-cap post*

SK8-N-WorshipSatan

« Reply #1864 on: January 13, 2011, 04:32:24 PM »
Did Reuben do a forward flip to pivot or what the fuck was that?

I think it was a bigflip. Thats what mine look like when I do them on banks.

The best part is he got it, not realy trying....

Choad Muskrat

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 522
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #1865 on: January 13, 2011, 05:07:57 PM »
It's clear that the contest will be judged by putting the three finalists in a room and seeing which one the dog runs to first.

hahahaha

I really hope this happens, then they pan to whitely doing skate ballerina moves /end OIAM.

ChildoftheGhetto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -1323
  • Nathaniel Turner with a burner
« Reply #1866 on: January 13, 2011, 05:12:28 PM »
He doesn't like those dudes, thats it. When I met him we chopped it up for like 30 minutes about oiam and just skateboarding in general. dude is super cool. That kid jon is a super fag with no manners. He got in my way like 3 times and never said anything. The whole time in my head i was thinking if i hauled off and socked that nigga, i would've looked like a bad guy.

Beer Keg Peg Leg

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -35
« Reply #1867 on: January 13, 2011, 05:33:08 PM »
I would give the top three to Matty, Reuben, and Forrest. John does some cool stuff but none of it really stands out (except the hill bomb) to me like some of Matty's tricks have.

Belligerent Irish Cop

• Rep: -276
« Reply #1868 on: January 13, 2011, 05:33:34 PM »
He doesn't like those dudes, thats it. When I met him we chopped it up for like 30 minutes about oiam and just skateboarding in general. dude is super cool. That kid jon is a super fag with no manners. He got in my way like 3 times and never said anything. The whole time in my head i was thinking if i hauled off and socked that nigga, i would've looked like a bad guy.

who are you talking about? You met up with who, where and when?

And what you said about John makes sense. All tranny skaters are fags who like to snake and do endless runs.

Beer Keg Peg Leg

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -35
« Reply #1869 on: January 13, 2011, 05:34:13 PM »
Also it's sick how much footage Mango is getting now. I wish he'd been like this from the beginning.

ChildoftheGhetto

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1870 on: January 13, 2011, 05:34:58 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

who are you talking about? You met up with who, where and when?

And what you said about John makes sense. All tranny skaters are fags who like to snake and do endless runs.
forrest.

GOKU

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 113
« Reply #1871 on: January 13, 2011, 05:40:01 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

AND AS GNAR AS "TNT" IS LETS NOT FORGET ABOUT HIM BURING DOWN A SKATEPARK ...
[close]

Wait... what? Where the fuck did this happen and why isn't there a thread about it?
[close]

Yeah, please elaborate on the skatepark burning.

He's a Dagger, he doesn't like the Ramp Locals, it's as easy as that.

sixpackoftablets

• Rep: -24
  • salut les fuckheadz
« Reply #1872 on: January 13, 2011, 05:42:00 PM »
jock motherfucker. could have had fun but didn't want to... WHO THE FUCK says shit like that?

one well-framed shot at that beach-side ditch could have made his career.   But he sat on his board and cried again.  

fuckers like that ruin skateboarding and make me wish for an industry crash.

smokecrack

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -160
« Reply #1873 on: January 13, 2011, 05:57:52 PM »
why is this thing edited to make Forrest and his answers seem so awkward? he says he liked the weather in Santa Cruz and the room gets dead quiet as we get a shot of Whiteley's face. then they're asking him why he didn't want to have fun. the dude doesn't skate tranny. big fucking deal. (when i would street skate with all my friends in high school we'd skate ledges, stairs, flat bars, gaps, manual pads, etc. when we'd go to the skatepark i was the only dude trying to learn tranny. almost all the street skaters i skated with didn't give a shit about transition.) then they're all talking about Forrest once he's out the room. the preview shows a bunch of pussies bitching about his attitude. i thought this was a skateboarding competition, not a bro'd out popularity contest. fuck all that, who gives a shit about his attitude. i'm not factoring that in when i'm watching his footage and i don't get what his shitty vibes have to do with his talent on a skateboard.

ChildoftheGhetto

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1874 on: January 13, 2011, 06:01:22 PM »
why is this thing edited to make Forrest and his answers seem so awkward? he says he liked the weather in Santa Cruz and the room gets dead quiet as we get a shot of Whiteley's face. then they're asking him why he didn't want to have fun. the dude doesn't skate tranny. big fucking deal. (when i would street skate with all my friends in high school we'd skate ledges, stairs, flat bars, gaps, manual pads, etc. when we'd go to the skatepark i was the only dude trying to learn tranny. almost all the street skaters i skated with didn't give a shit about transition.) then they're all talking about Forrest once he's out the room. the preview shows a bunch of pussies bitching about his attitude. i thought this was a skateboarding competition, not a bro'd out popularity contest. fuck all that, who gives a shit about his attitude. i'm not factoring that in when i'm watching his footage and i don't get what his shitty vibes have to do with his talent on a skateboard.
This is what a lot of people don't want to admit.

Chron Artest

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 18
« Reply #1875 on: January 13, 2011, 06:30:21 PM »
the industry is full of assholes, get used to it.  all companies have to do some babysitting, but if the productivity and numbers are there, they will put up with it.  respect to all these dudes, but forrest and reuben are getting real deal clips, not just filler joints. 

saucy ragu

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 515
« Reply #1876 on: January 13, 2011, 06:33:02 PM »
If Forrest is in this to win, he should skate everything he can. das all.
Quote from: brent
sorrymom, when 112 sing to you what kinda feelin do it bring to you?

Hexagon

« Reply #1877 on: January 13, 2011, 06:37:36 PM »

It could be that Forrest is an ungrateful dumbass, he dick rides the fuck out of baker/gaywish and acts as if everyone owes him something. Fuck his skating and fuck him. Makes a fool out of himself every time he speaks.  I wish they would of kicked off this peanut head havin' abortion you call a skateboarder within the first ten episodes.

s

Binomial Nomenclature

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 107
« Reply #1878 on: January 13, 2011, 06:42:34 PM »
I guess there needs to be another SLAP PALS Question Theotis Beasley.
"Theotis, would you skate that ditch spot in Santa Cruz?"
follow up question:
"Do you think you would have fun?"

Also I think the ending of this episode was foreshadowing something wack Forrest might do in the next episode.  Something tells me he does something extra stupid to the other contestants causing them to hate on him.

Ronald Wilson Reagan

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -936
  • I own Malibu? I am going to fuck you.
« Reply #1879 on: January 13, 2011, 07:00:42 PM »
 Whiteley that call out was right fucking on point.  Santa Cruz is one of the most beautiful places on the planet. Gonzo had the typical reaction to a first trip there, Forrest showed yet again what a prick he is
All of you guys bitching about John are missing what I have been explaining to you, and the rest of the judges have all noticed, but you guys still fucking miss because most of you haven't skated hills. that hill bomb the gnarliest thing to go down during the entire contest, and nobody else could have gotten close to bombing it to the bottom, even if there was a runout. The shit at clipper, the double set, all that wasn't shit in comparison. You couldn't fall a couple of times on that spot and eventually make it to the bottom.
You guys can argue and say there was no skill involved, and simultaneously not understand why John was in the top 3, but that dude was shredding everything, skating fast, and did. by far the gnarliest stunt of the contest. All the dudes crushed it this year, and I'm honestly expecting most of them to go on to great things no matter how they did in the final standings of a single event whose most valuable prize is coverage.

And COTG, when you say people should "admit" to shit, it shows a real shallow and lacking brain there. You ever think that a bunch of people who disagree with you on everything else might also genuinely completely disagree with you on one more thing? Just something you may want to think about.
Are you a kook? If you would say this, the answer is “YES”
I quit skating for a time due to piling out

ChildoftheGhetto

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1880 on: January 13, 2011, 07:07:58 PM »
you can't disagree with a fact, idiot.

annoyedwithskating

« Reply #1881 on: January 13, 2011, 07:12:48 PM »
Whiteley that call out was right fucking on point.  Santa Cruz is one of the most beautiful places on the planet. Gonzo had the typical reaction to a first trip there, Forrest showed yet again what a prick he is
All of you guys bitching about John are missing what I have been explaining to you, and the rest of the judges have all noticed, but you guys still fucking miss because most of you haven't skated hills. that hill bomb the gnarliest thing to go down during the entire contest, and nobody else could have gotten close to bombing it to the bottom, even if there was a runout. The shit at clipper, the double set, all that wasn't shit in comparison. You couldn't fall a couple of times on that spot and eventually make it to the bottom.
You guys can argue and say there was no skill involved, and simultaneously not understand why John was in the top 3, but that dude was shredding everything, skating fast, and did. by far the gnarliest stunt of the contest. All the dudes crushed it this year, and I'm honestly expecting most of them to go on to great things no matter how they did in the final standings of a single event whose most valuable prize is coverage.

And COTG, when you say people should "admit" to shit, it shows a real shallow and lacking brain there. You ever think that a bunch of people who disagree with you on everything else might also genuinely completely disagree with you on one more thing? Just something you may want to think about.

you obviously are not good at skating.  i skate tranny, bomb hills, do switch tres and i can tell you, bombing hills is easy and fun. tranny is easy unless youre cardiel or daewon, and the shit on clipper was hard. the tricks down the double set, also hard. the front shove crook, hard. frontside ollies on tranny, easy, etc... also, who gives a shit if someone doesnt like santa cruz? ive been there tons of times, the park is congested and annoying. fucking hippies and petuli should be shot.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2011, 07:16:20 PM by geoff »

ChildOfTheBurbs

• Rep: -65513
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #1882 on: January 13, 2011, 07:16:37 PM »
EPISODE 15 - CONFIRMATION THAT FORREST DID NOT WIN.

Belligerent Irish Cop

• Rep: -276
« Reply #1883 on: January 13, 2011, 07:37:26 PM »
Anyone wana make a team john sucks sig?

Ronald Wilson Reagan

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1884 on: January 13, 2011, 07:41:22 PM »
Expand Quote
Whiteley that call out was right fucking on point.  Santa Cruz is one of the most beautiful places on the planet. Gonzo had the typical reaction to a first trip there, Forrest showed yet again what a prick he is

[close]

you obviously are not good at skating.  i skate tranny, bomb hills, do switch tres and i can tell you, bombing hills is easy and fun. tranny is easy unless youre cardiel or daewon, and the shit on clipper was hard. the tricks down the double set, also hard. the front shove crook, hard. frontside ollies on tranny, easy, etc... also, who gives a shit if someone doesnt like santa cruz? ive been there tons of times, the park is congested and annoying. fucking hippies and petuli should be shot.
hahahahahahahaha.
You are a fucking moron. Go on up to SF, you could be pro. Jones st. is waiting homie.
But again, keep disagreeing with my points and saying I don't skate or understand skating, then remain confused when the judges confirm every damn word I am saying.

And Cotg- what you have experienced in your local scene is not what occurs outside of it. Your perspective is very much one of a person who needs to get the fuck out of where he is living, at least to understand that other ways of life exist. Its really funny too, because if you want to see a place where kids skate tranny a lot more than street, go to the city featured in this episode.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2011, 07:45:02 PM by Ronald Wilson Reagan »

ChildoftheGhetto

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1885 on: January 13, 2011, 07:49:44 PM »
You're a huge idiot. I've never said places don't exist where people skate transition more than street. You guys are the clowns that act like people that don't care for skating transition don't exist. It's quite sad that inner city schools are filled idiots such as yourself teaching classes.

codithou

• Rep: 41
« Reply #1886 on: January 13, 2011, 07:49:51 PM »

Stoeipoes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 53
« Reply #1887 on: January 13, 2011, 08:08:43 PM »
Bitches call me pussy, the horse filler.

Ronald Wilson Reagan

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1888 on: January 13, 2011, 08:33:40 PM »
You're a huge idiot. I've never said places don't exist where people skate transition more than street. You guys are the clowns that act like people that don't care for skating transition don't exist. It's quite sad that inner city schools are filled idiots such as yourself teaching classes.
Nobody said people that don't care for skating transition don't exist. They are just lame.

NowhereInLife

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 20
« Reply #1889 on: January 13, 2011, 08:51:21 PM »
prod don't really fuck with tranny and if you had to choose one person who is at the pinnacle of of the skateboarding game (for actually skating) at the moment, he might be it.

cross posting this from oiam thread.  i'm starting to get the two mixed up because they're both all about homie.