Author Topic: Official One In A Million 2010 Thread  (Read 278364 times)

Ball Chinian

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 11
Re: Official One In A Million 2010 Thread (ep. 14)
« Reply #1890 on: January 13, 2011, 10:12:47 PM »
it's funny that peeps call cotg stupid for not seeing that other people have different perspectives then the same people turn around and call forrest stupid for having a different perspective from the rest of the contestants.  it's true cotg needs to open his eyes to the rest of the world, but so does everyone else saying forrest is an idiot for his motivations and what he finds enjoyable.
the only thing that fitz did that warrants him being in the top three in my mind was the hill bomb (which he didn't make) and the attempted hill bomb to set ollie (which he didn't make).  everything else he did was alright, but by all rights, I think matty shoulda made it to the top three instead of him.
forrest is the best skateboarder there and therefore should win.  faggots getting angry about his antics is just a bonus.  if attitude is what wins skateboard contest then gonzo should have won a thousand times over.
Sperm count down but sperm size up.  I think they've been eating each other.

smokecrack

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -160
« Reply #1891 on: January 13, 2011, 10:16:48 PM »
it's funny that peeps call cotg stupid for not seeing that other people have different perspectives then the same people turn around and call forrest stupid for having a different perspective from the rest of the contestants.  it's true cotg needs to open his eyes to the rest of the world, but so does everyone else saying forrest is an idiot for his motivations and what he finds enjoyable.
the only thing that fitz did that warrants him being in the top three in my mind was the hill bomb (which he didn't make) and the attempted hill bomb to set ollie (which he didn't make).  everything else he did was alright, but by all rights, I think matty shoulda made it to the top three instead of him.
forrest is the best skateboarder there and therefore should win.  faggots getting angry about his antics is just a bonus.  if attitude is what wins skateboard contest then gonzo should have won a thousand times over.

ChildoftheGhetto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -1323
  • Nathaniel Turner with a burner
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #1892 on: January 13, 2011, 10:17:45 PM »
how do I need to open my eyes to the world?

daniel

• Rep: 35
« Reply #1893 on: January 13, 2011, 10:24:57 PM »
Joe Brooks to Mango:

"I think out of everyone here you came here with like the best attitude, which is what this whole contest is really about"

He should have told Forrest that he'd be better off smiling than skating before taking him to Clipper.

Fat Joe Brooks on Forrest:

"...and he kept on saying I want to go to clipper and point blank he was like I'm going to 360 flip clipper and I'm like alright, this is a contest, I'm going to take you there and you're going to 360 flip 50-50 it."

i used to skate

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -27
« Reply #1894 on: January 13, 2011, 10:40:22 PM »
Expand Quote
so basically you have to be a dorky white guy with a "positive attitude" to win this thing? seriously, who gives a shit about attitude? who are they to say what the right attitude is? they didnt grow up in this guys home, or experience life the way he does. ? i bet in the long run, forrest would be easier to get along with than everyone else in this fucking thing. sweet little mango called him a prick. when did forrest call mango a prick? fucking hypocrites. yeah, he doesnt skate all the spots, but there is hardly a time when all the other dudes are all skating a spot. he just gets singled out cause he says crazy shit. ive skated santa cruz, it can be fun, but ive been there and not had fun. shit happens. dude is funny. at the end of the day, those guys are taking themselves as seriously (if not more) than he is. im not saying forrest should win, from the footage so far, no body deserves to win shit. although forrest has done the most legit stuff, so maybe him or matty.
[close]
To begin, John called him a prick not Mango. You're also an idiot to say no one deserves to win shit. All this shit took place in the span of a week. Thats a lot of shit to go down in a week, so if you think it's lacking then you're dumb as fuck. Also attitude does matter a lot, think about it, being on a company you're going to be dealing with people face to face all the time. Is dealing with someone you don't get along with or hate something anyone would like to have to deal with? Having a bit of a better attitude doesn't mean sucking everyones cock either, it just requires being a little more aprciative. No one needs to be in this contest, it's not a right, it's a previllage. Every one got taken out to San Fran and taken to spots all week while on SLAPs dime. So don't get me wrong, I like Forest but he could have been a little more aprrectitive while still being himself instead of acting like the contest owed him something.

honestly, yeah taking Forest to SF giving him the opportunity was nice, but he is the only reason this shit is getting so much publicity. i've been seeing kids who don't follow the industry at all much less go on Slap quoting Forrest in Facebook statuses week after week

ChildoftheGhetto

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1895 on: January 13, 2011, 10:44:29 PM »
Joe Brooks to Mango:

"I think out of everyone here you came here with like the best attitude, which is what this whole contest is really about"

He should have told Forrest that he'd be better off smiling than skating before taking him to Clipper.

Fat Joe Brooks on Forrest:

"...and he kept on saying I want to go to clipper and point blank he was like I'm going to 360 flip clipper and I'm like alright, this is a contest, I'm going to take you there and you're going to 360 flip 50-50 it."

People on slap constantly being exposed as clowns.

bakingsoda

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 20
« Reply #1896 on: January 13, 2011, 10:47:32 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
so basically you have to be a dorky white guy with a "positive attitude" to win this thing? seriously, who gives a shit about attitude? who are they to say what the right attitude is? they didnt grow up in this guys home, or experience life the way he does. ?? i bet in the long run, forrest would be easier to get along with than everyone else in this fucking thing. sweet little mango called him a prick. when did forrest call mango a prick? fucking hypocrites. yeah, he doesnt skate all the spots, but there is hardly a time when all the other dudes are all skating a spot. he just gets singled out cause he says crazy shit. ive skated santa cruz, it can be fun, but ive been there and not had fun. shit happens. dude is funny. at the end of the day, those guys are taking themselves as seriously (if not more) than he is. im not saying forrest should win, from the footage so far, no body deserves to win shit. although forrest has done the most legit stuff, so maybe him or matty.
[close]
To begin, John called him a prick not Mango. You're also an idiot to say no one deserves to win shit. All this shit took place in the span of a week. Thats a lot of shit to go down in a week, so if you think it's lacking then you're dumb as fuck. Also attitude does matter a lot, think about it, being on a company you're going to be dealing with people face to face all the time. Is dealing with someone you don't get along with or hate something anyone would like to have to deal with? Having a bit of a better attitude doesn't mean sucking everyones cock either, it just requires being a little more aprciative. No one needs to be in this contest, it's not a right, it's a previllage. Every one got taken out to San Fran and taken to spots all week while on SLAPs dime. So don't get me wrong, I like Forest but he could have been a little more aprrectitive while still being himself instead of acting like the contest owed him something.
[close]

honestly, yeah taking Forest to SF giving him the opportunity was nice, but he is the only reason this shit is getting so much publicity. i've been seeing kids who don't follow the industry at all much less go on Slap quoting Forrest in Facebook statuses week after week
Yeah, I like Forest too man. I think the shit he says is hilarious and he rips, but he could still be a cocky dude without acting like the contest owed him something. I think for the most part I'm only reffering to what he said in episode 15 about Santa Cruz. But it doesn't actually bother me, it was still funny, it's just having a slightly better attitude about the situation at hand may have favoured him a lot better.

kappin

« Reply #1897 on: January 13, 2011, 10:49:24 PM »
if i hauled off and socked that nigga

hahahahaha

Ronald Wilson Reagan

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -936
  • I own Malibu? I am going to fuck you.
« Reply #1898 on: January 13, 2011, 10:55:04 PM »
he did make it to the bottom of the hill... I'm tired of explaining this to you morons. Just go on ignorantly confused. Just know that there IS something you are missing.
Are you a kook? If you would say this, the answer is “YES”
I quit skating for a time due to piling out

Ball Chinian

• Rep: 11
« Reply #1899 on: January 13, 2011, 11:02:17 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
he did make it to the bottom of the hill... I'm tired of explaining this to you morons. Just go on ignorantly confused. Just know that there IS something you are missing.
every fucking post you make you say the exact same fucking thing.  "you're an idiot, you're a moron, you're stupid".  it is seriously the most annoying and ignorant thing anyone could ever say in a discussion.  congratulations, asshole.  some times i think you and cotg are the same person.
Sperm count down but sperm size up.  I think they've been eating each other.

ChildoftheGhetto

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1900 on: January 13, 2011, 11:04:41 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]
every fucking post you make you say the exact same fucking thing.  "you're an idiot, you're a moron, you're stupid".  it is seriously the most annoying and ignorant thing anyone could ever say in a discussion.  congratulations, asshole. some times i think you and cotg are the same person.

annoyedwithskating

« Reply #1901 on: January 13, 2011, 11:06:38 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Whiteley that call out was right fucking on point.  Santa Cruz is one of the most beautiful places on the planet. Gonzo had the typical reaction to a first trip there, Forrest showed yet again what a prick he is
All of you guys bitching about John are missing what I have been explaining to you, and the rest of the judges have all noticed, but you guys still fucking miss because most of you haven't skated hills. that hill bomb the gnarliest thing to go down during the entire contest, and nobody else could have gotten close to bombing it to the bottom, even if there was a runout. The shit at clipper, the double set, all that wasn't shit in comparison. You couldn't fall a couple of times on that spot and eventually make it to the bottom.
You guys can argue and say there was no skill involved, and simultaneously not understand why John was in the top 3, but that dude was shredding everything, skating fast, and did. by far the gnarliest stunt of the contest. All the dudes crushed it this year, and I'm honestly expecting most of them to go on to great things no matter how they did in the final standings of a single event whose most valuable prize is coverage.

And COTG, when you say people should "admit" to shit, it shows a real shallow and lacking brain there. You ever think that a bunch of people who disagree with you on everything else might also genuinely completely disagree with you on one more thing? Just something you may want to think about.
[close]

you obviously are not good at skating.  i skate tranny, bomb hills, do switch tres and i can tell you, bombing hills is easy and fun. tranny is easy unless youre cardiel or daewon, and the shit on clipper was hard. the tricks down the double set, also hard. the front shove crook, hard. frontside ollies on tranny, easy, etc... also, who gives a shit if someone doesnt like santa cruz? ive been there tons of times, the park is congested and annoying. fucking hippies and petuli should be shot.
[close]
hahahahahahahaha.
You are a fucking moron. Go on up to SF, you could be pro. Jones st. is waiting homie.
But again, keep disagreeing with my points and saying I don't skate or understand skating, then remain confused when the judges confirm every damn word I am saying.

And Cotg- what you have experienced in your local scene is not what occurs outside of it. Your perspective is very much one of a person who needs to get the fuck out of where he is living, at least to understand that other ways of life exist. Its really funny too, because if you want to see a place where kids skate tranny a lot more than street, go to the city featured in this episode.

so you need conformation? figures.  oh, and i fucking skate down ski slopes. big ass wheels, no sliding, straight bombing. and can you turn pro for bombing a hill? ummm, no.

daniel

• Rep: 35
« Reply #1902 on: January 13, 2011, 11:15:48 PM »

Ronald,

It was crazy, he went fast, there was no run out, the hill kind of rolled and dropped off at one point but it really ISn't the most difficult thing that went down in the week of skating. I think that in your case "the looks might have been more deceiving than it was".

annoyedwithskating

« Reply #1903 on: January 13, 2011, 11:16:14 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
it's funny that peeps call cotg stupid for not seeing that other people have different perspectives then the same people turn around and call forrest stupid for having a different perspective from the rest of the contestants.� it's true cotg needs to open his eyes to the rest of the world, but so does everyone else saying forrest is an idiot for his motivations and what he finds enjoyable.
the only thing that fitz did that warrants him being in the top three in my mind was the hill bomb (which he didn't make) and the attempted hill bomb to set ollie (which he didn't make).� everything else he did was alright, but by all rights, I think matty shoulda made it to the top three instead of him.
forrest is the best skateboarder there and therefore should win.� faggots getting angry about his antics is just a bonus.� if attitude is what wins skateboard contest then gonzo should have won a thousand times over.
[close]
[close]
every fucking post you make you say the exact same fucking thing.� "you're an idiot, you're a moron, you're stupid".� it is seriously the most annoying and ignorant thing anyone could ever say in a discussion.� congratulations, asshole.� some times i think you and cotg are the same person.

its called an ad hominem attack. its what you do when you dont have a real argument. yeah dude, explain to us how hard it is to ride a skateboard down a hill into a building. i did that shit when i was 12, straight into barbed wire fence. i bombed that fucking hill! hella gnarly bro. sound familiar, yeah, that shit is easy. if he would have gotten out of it i would have been impressed, but instead he got worked while forrest did a kickflip bigspin, backside 360 and switch tre down a fucked up double set in less than 15 minutes. if you think those were the only tricks he could have done, or that they were easier than bombing a hill, youre the idiot.

Ronald Wilson Reagan

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -936
  • I own Malibu? I am going to fuck you.
« Reply #1904 on: January 13, 2011, 11:18:37 PM »
I've been to that hill many times. There is a bar hop towards the bottom that is scary as fuck to roll out. Nothing deceiving. Geoff is now on ignore. He's like a bitter version of Austin. Just incredibly stupid, but with a troll angle.

And ballchinian, I wouldn't call you stupid if you didn't keep bringing up shit that has been explained to you. It gets annoying explaining the same shit over and over to smartass dumbasses
Are you a kook? If you would say this, the answer is “YES”
I quit skating for a time due to piling out

Moist

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 10
  • Deaf and Dumb
« Reply #1905 on: January 13, 2011, 11:19:35 PM »
I have no idea who the winner is, but from what i can see, Forest is getting the boot.
I hope this isn't true.

annoyedwithskating

« Reply #1906 on: January 13, 2011, 11:28:34 PM »
I've been to that hill many times. There is a bar hop towards the bottom that is scary as fuck to roll out. Nothing deceiving. Geoff is now on ignore. He's like a bitter version of Austin. Just incredibly stupid, but with a troll angle.

And ballchinian, I wouldn't call you stupid if you didn't keep bringing up shit that has been explained to you. It gets annoying explaining the same shit over and over to smartass dumbasses

This guy is a douchebag.

Trickskatin

• Rep: 53
« Reply #1907 on: January 13, 2011, 11:35:39 PM »
so you need conformation? figures.  oh, and i fucking skate down ski slopes. big ass wheels, no sliding, straight bombing. and can you turn pro for bombing a hill? ummm, no.
HAHAHA.

bonerjams03

• Rep: 14
« Reply #1908 on: January 14, 2011, 12:13:49 AM »
figured this Staba quote from crailtap today fits well right in the middle of this "arguement."

"As for the next 15 years, I want to give back to skateboarding as long as I can. It's given me more than I could ever have dreamed of. I've said this before, but people who think skateboarding owes them something can fuck right off. From the minute you step on a skateboard you're on skateboarding's terms and in some sense indebted to it."

on that note, cotg and geoff; you guys can fuck right off.

as for who I'm digging in this competition, Jon is a natural all-around killer, Matty's got some superb style and Reuben seems indestructible.
I get the feeling Nik is extremely camera shy and/or just shy in general. but if that backtail front 180 at that ditch spot is any inclination of his talent he's got something going for him.

Gonzalo hasn't really stood out a whole lot for me and Mango essentially seems like a weirdo. creative, unique and talented but definitely a weirdo.

and finally, Forrest seems like some pompous jerk that, although also extremely talented, just leaves a bad taste in your mouth. if this kid is set out to represent skateboarding for a major company in the industry I would whole-heartedly boycott that company. maybe he's the first wave of a new-age, contest skating, in-it-for-the-money type or just entirely out of touch with reality. I don't really know and all that matters to me is that I simply don't like the guy.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2011, 12:24:44 AM by bonerjams03 »

Stephen King Kong

« Reply #1909 on: January 14, 2011, 12:41:09 AM »

I read this like it was a serious arguement and you refer to the guy as ballchinian hahaha

Useless Wooden Bench

• Rep: 159
    • Pappy avatar image
« Reply #1910 on: January 14, 2011, 01:44:07 AM »
Oh Forrest

frenchtoast

• Rep: -55
« Reply #1911 on: January 14, 2011, 03:32:04 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]
I read this like it was a serious arguement and you refer to the guy as ballchinian hahaha

hahahaha i thought that was funny too gippers a faggot no shit the hill is intimidating but honestly anyone can bomb any hill your comebacks saying like "lets see you come and bomb the hill then" you obviously are not getting the point

Fenzadill

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 91
  • lemme get the 4 dollar one
« Reply #1912 on: January 14, 2011, 06:08:46 AM »

this contest is a nomadic tribe trying to get the hang of agriculture?
[/quote]

Nice
example. i cant cast a spelll or love potion on a girl and she falls total in love for me
but i can show a girl my tv youtube clip on my or her phone. but there's a difference ok

Fenzadill

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 91
  • lemme get the 4 dollar one
« Reply #1913 on: January 14, 2011, 06:27:13 AM »
If you're extremely comfortable on a skateboard, rolling down slopes is easy, and I've never been to that hill John bombs, but Omar fucking Hassan said it was the fastest he's ever seen anyone go on a skateboard, and no one can deny that it was super gnarly.  Just watch the footage.  Super gnarly.  And anyone who thinks it's easy should go bomb it right now and post the footage, and I guarantee you get tossed halfway down, wobblin' the fuck out.

Anyone who doesn't skate tranny is ignoring a huge facet of skateboarding.  Purposefully not having fun seems contrary to human behavior.

PS - Forrest is my favorite so you don't need to come to his aid.
example. i cant cast a spelll or love potion on a girl and she falls total in love for me
but i can show a girl my tv youtube clip on my or her phone. but there's a difference ok

vince the stud

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -202
  • 4Q
« Reply #1914 on: January 14, 2011, 06:59:21 AM »
john skate everything, especially tranny.  he got the heart of a bull, he  fucking split his head open...whats your excuse?
matty got the best style
contest wise forest should win tough

hey witley how about you show the picture of the triple set john tried to ollie
tricks are for kids , style is forever

annoyedwithskating

« Reply #1915 on: January 14, 2011, 09:37:53 AM »
figured this Staba quote from crailtap today fits well right in the middle of this "arguement."

"As for the next 15 years, I want to give back to skateboarding as long as I can. It's given me more than I could ever have dreamed of. I've said this before, but people who think skateboarding owes them something can fuck right off. From the minute you step on a skateboard you're on skateboarding's terms and in some sense indebted to it."

on that note, cotg and geoff; you guys can fuck right off.

as for who I'm digging in this competition, Jon is a natural all-around killer, Matty's got some superb style and Reuben seems indestructible.
I get the feeling Nik is extremely camera shy and/or just shy in general. but if that backtail front 180 at that ditch spot is any inclination of his talent he's got something going for him.

Gonzalo hasn't really stood out a whole lot for me and Mango essentially seems like a weirdo. creative, unique and talented but definitely a weirdo.

and finally, Forrest seems like some pompous jerk that, although also extremely talented, just leaves a bad taste in your mouth. if this kid is set out to represent skateboarding for a major company in the industry I would whole-heartedly boycott that company. maybe he's the first wave of a new-age, contest skating, in-it-for-the-money type or just entirely out of touch with reality. I don't really know and all that matters to me is that I simply don't like the guy.

what is this religion 101? when did I say skateboarding owed anyone anything? what the fuck does that even mean? thats like saying life owes you something. its non sequitur and pointless. all im arguing is that everyone in that contest was weird and wanted to win. or was highly judgemental. so differentiating between them came down to a subjective interpretation. forrest is funny, he might be full of himself, but i would argue that skating right after fucking your head up like that is also a little cocky. and thats cool. the ones getting mad at forrest are the ones who cant have fun. forrest said who could have fun if he wanted to, some of you dont even want to, you just want to hate the guy for being different. none of those clips made him look like he was a dick, just out of touch. but, like i said, the other guys were all out of touch in their own way. and as for hill bombing, yes that was grarly, but he didnt exactly come out of it ok, did he. anyone can get fucked up riding down a steep ass hill. anyway, this shits getting old, skateboarding, you dont owe us anything, whatever the fuck that means.

H8R part 4

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -301
« Reply #1916 on: January 14, 2011, 09:43:59 AM »
how does someone go to a new spot and not want to skate it or have fun?
i don't get how he compares himself to different pros/ams when hes essentially a nobody.

annoyedwithskating

« Reply #1917 on: January 14, 2011, 09:46:45 AM »
i don't get how he compares himself to different pros/ams when hes essentially a nobody.

i agree with the sentiment, when I go to a new spot i usually want to skate it. i have been to a spot or two though where it just really did not look that fun. i can understand not wanting to skate the flower shop (although im down to skate it) if youre more into ledges and stairs, its a totally different mindset.

Choad Muskrat

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 522
« Reply #1918 on: January 14, 2011, 09:52:22 AM »
he didn't feel like having fun, whats the big deal?

H8R part 4

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -301
« Reply #1919 on: January 14, 2011, 10:13:01 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

i agree with the sentiment, when I go to a new spot i usually want to skate it. i have been to a spot or two though where it just really did not look that fun. i can understand not wanting to skate the flower shop (although im down to skate it) if youre more into ledges and stairs, its a totally different mindset.

i'm saying though, the ditch spot and the flower shop both had a lot of different obstacles to skate and offered different ways of skating them.  to me, those type of places let you be creative which is a huge part of skating that a lot of people are missing.

a skating ledges are fun.  theres tons of different tricks you can do but theres no way you can skate it differently other than as a ledge.  does that make sense?  unless theres something interesting about it(curves, angles, etc)a ledge spot is a ledge spot is a ledge spot. 

same goes with stairs.  for the most part, the only thing you're doing at a stair spot is a fliptrick.  you can rifle off all your fliptricks down them, then what?  theres not much more you can other than go to yet another set of stairs and do the same fliptricks. 
people can argue 'but that was a 9 stair, this is a 11 stair so its different' but to me its the same.  its boring, repetitive and uninteresting in every way to me.  i don't really consider a set of stairs as a spot unless theres something unique about them that lets you skate them differently from everyone else who goes there.         

minus his crappy attitude, this why i can't get down with forrests skating.  hes not doing anything original and he doesn't think outside the box, instead hes just stuck in one.