Author Topic: Official One In A Million 2010 Thread  (Read 278377 times)

Hatechild

Re: Official One In A Million 2010 Thread (ep. 14)
« Reply #1920 on: January 14, 2011, 10:17:30 AM »
john skate everything, especially tranny.?  he got the heart of a bull, he?  fucking split his head open...whats your excuse?
matty got the best style
contest wise forest should win tough

hey witley how about you show the picture of the triple set john tried to ollie

^

LemonParty

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -112
« Reply #1921 on: January 14, 2011, 10:26:19 AM »
 Forest is sick and all u fags are crying about how he doesnt have fun when he skates some ditch spot, who cares different people like different shit, theres no such thing as saying one obstacle is funner than the other.

The show would be pretty boring if it wasnt for him. It would just be a bunch of dudes saying how sick and fun everything is after every episode, at least forest keeps it real and isnt afraid to say he doenst like a spot or something. Its not like he was randomly picked out from a crowd and granted all this free shit, he worked for it and earned it, he shouldnt have kiss their ass all day long.

That being said, Nik is the raddest and should win cause hes also getting a math degree. Sure he doesnt get as much footy, but hes gotten some good shit, aka backtail 270. Hes probably the best skater that can do advanced calculus and linear algebra and all that shit so he should win an award. sure forest/ruben are the best out of the group, but niks probably the best skater/mathematician in north america. Tommy sandoval agreed.

Inbred Jed

« Reply #1922 on: January 14, 2011, 10:35:50 AM »

H8R part 4

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -301
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #1923 on: January 14, 2011, 10:42:50 AM »
Forest is sick and all u fags are crying about how he doesnt have fun when he skates some ditch spot, who cares different people like different shit, theres no such thing as saying one obstacle is funner than the other.

The show would be pretty boring if it wasnt for him. It would just be a bunch of dudes saying how sick and fun everything is after every episode, at least forest keeps it real and isnt afraid to say he doenst like a spot or something. Its not like he was randomly picked out from a crowd and granted all this free shit, he worked for it and earned it, he shouldnt have kiss their ass all day long.

who cares? 
this is the worst argument ever.  it obvious all the people in this thread care, including yourself otherwise you wouldn't be posting in it.

keeps it real?
if keeping it real is saying the first shit that pops in your head no matter how stupid is it, yeah hes keeping it real.   

isn't afraid?   
hes afraid to skate a lot of stuff.  when most people don't want to skate a spot, its usually because they're hurt, they can't or because they're afraid.  pick one because there really is no other reason. 

he worked for it and earned it?
he submitted a 1 minute part like a million other kids and got lucky.  the only thing his work has earned was a trip to SF and some free product.  he doesn't have to suck them off but he should be grateful they flew him out and hooked him up.  same goes for anyone whos in that kind of position.     

bandini

« Reply #1924 on: January 14, 2011, 11:13:11 AM »
Does anyone else think it's a little weird that that dude is being praised for bombing a hill that NO ONE can roll away from?

I mean, for anyone who said "let's see you bomb that hill - you'll just eat shit"... yeah you'll eat shit - just like the kid on the show did... just like ANYONE would...

There is no where to go when you get to the bottom! Bombing a hill where the only way to stop is by doing a header into a wall means you are either stone cold shithouse crazy or just dumb as a rock.

I mean, what, if he had jumped off the Golden Gate bridge, would he get skater of the year or something?

strangefires

« Reply #1925 on: January 14, 2011, 11:19:24 AM »
Stop Posting. ^

CaptainMorganFreeman

• Rep: 46
    • proskates.com avatar image
« Reply #1926 on: January 14, 2011, 11:29:13 AM »
Does anyone else think it's a little weird that that dude is being praised for bombing a hill that NO ONE can roll away from?

I mean, for anyone who said "let's see you bomb that hill - you'll just eat shit"... yeah you'll eat shit - just like the kid on the show did... just like ANYONE would...

There is no where to go when you get to the bottom! Bombing a hill where the only way to stop is by doing a header into a wall means you are either stone cold shithouse crazy or just dumb as a rock.

I mean, what, if he had jumped off the Golden Gate bridge, would he get skater of the year or something?

uh i donno if you've ever done a powerslide before but the amount of control he had and the fact that he didn't skid 50 feet on his face after trying to powerslide going that fast is really fucking impressive.. maybe it was a bad call but he nearly could've curved out if he did a few more slides.

NowhereInLife

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 20
« Reply #1927 on: January 14, 2011, 11:37:07 AM »
it's clear forrest only likes to skate the spots he knows no one else has anything for.  

sends a clear message.  "you are not on my level of skating or fun."

like what, the other dudes (except rueben) didn't want fun at clipper, or the double set, or the rail where drunk dude got broke?

but maybe they did have fun because it is fun to watch a person with real hammers drop them.

and if you can go pro for eating shit, then i'm gonna need a filmer.

gizmo

• Rep: 3
« Reply #1928 on: January 14, 2011, 12:10:34 PM »

Sounds like he should have tried out for a part in that new Jackass movie instead  ;D

ChildoftheGhetto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -1323
  • Nathaniel Turner with a burner
« Reply #1929 on: January 14, 2011, 12:21:09 PM »
If you don't like forrest, chances are you don't skateboard everyday.

steezus

• Rep: -1
« Reply #1930 on: January 14, 2011, 12:32:12 PM »
Gino off Chocolate

If I were the Slap Judges I would have got me a pet wolf, wolves are rad, oh, wait, is everyone still talking about Forrest's 'tude?

Oh, for the non British amongst you 'tude is a sarcastic way of saying 'attitude'... (I was being sarcastic by the way)

Hold The Tomatos

« Reply #1931 on: January 14, 2011, 12:33:24 PM »
If you don't like forrest, chances are you are not socially challenged and have a clear understanding of what constitutes 'douche'

oh...that's what you meant to say.

also, COTG, is Forest circumcised? how does his dick taste?

Ball Chinian

• Rep: 11
« Reply #1932 on: January 14, 2011, 12:38:52 PM »

i know at least one person, possibly two, who could probably do that hill and not eat shit.  in fact, i think one of them actually already did it before because he has no brains.  we always go to the flower shop on sf trips so next time maybe i can coax one of these fools into doing it for the cam.
Sperm count down but sperm size up.  I think they've been eating each other.

everypennyfedcar

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 109
  • Getting paid like a biker with the best crank.
« Reply #1933 on: January 14, 2011, 12:50:49 PM »
I'm really glad Gippy realized it was past his nap-time, dude was getting heated.
Now for a question monsieur: Why do you keep saying "I've explained this before, blah, blah, blah"? What gives you authority over someone's opinion, and why do you see it as a chance to let your 'expertiese' shine? If someone thinks/feels a specific way about something/someone there's no way you can explain that away. Just give it a rest man, take is breeezzzy.
Spray it like a high-rank sniper in the West Bank.

bandini

« Reply #1934 on: January 14, 2011, 01:13:19 PM »
i know at least one person, possibly two, who could probably do that hill and not eat shit.  in fact, i think one of them actually already did it before because he has no brains.  we always go to the flower shop on sf trips so next time maybe i can coax one of these fools into doing it for the cam.

I'd definitely pay 99c to see that... get a couple of beers in your crazy buddy & tell him he'll be internet famous...:)

dolphin titties

• Rep: 32
  • tastes liek shit
« Reply #1935 on: January 14, 2011, 01:37:35 PM »
Quote from: steezus  link=topic=48687.msg1356370#msg1356370 date=1295037132
Gino off Chocolate

If I were the Slap Judges I would have got me a pet wolf, wolves are rad, oh, wait, is everyone still talking about Forrest's 'tude?

Oh, for the non British amongst you 'tude is a sarcastic way of saying 'attitude'... (I was being sarcastic by the way)

fuck you fag

Oh, for the non British amongst you fag is a sarcastic way of saying 'op'... (I was being sarcastic by the way)

Pavementi

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -146
  • Fuck it
« Reply #1936 on: January 14, 2011, 01:46:12 PM »
but Rodney Mullen's probably the best skater/mathematician in north america. Tommy sandoval agrees with this new statement.

Fixed
Like Daewon said: if skateboarding is a ten story building, Rodney is on eleventh floor.

steezus

« Reply #1937 on: January 14, 2011, 02:01:04 PM »
I heart slap forumz

Oh, and for the non British amongst you fag is a sarcastic way of saying 'cigarette'

Smoke dem foo'

HyperBeam

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -59
« Reply #1938 on: January 14, 2011, 02:04:39 PM »
i really can't believe all this. you are all fucking stupid. for people who stress that skateboarding is all about fun, you sure are taking forrest and yourselves very seriously.

this whole thread is a joke.

Ball Chinian

• Rep: 11
« Reply #1939 on: January 14, 2011, 02:07:41 PM »
Expand Quote
i know at least one person, possibly two, who could probably do that hill and not eat shit.� in fact, i think one of them actually already did it before because he has no brains.� we always go to the flower shop on sf trips so next time maybe i can coax one of these fools into doing it for the cam.
[close]

I'd definitely pay 99c to see that... get a couple of beers in your crazy buddy & tell him he'll be internet famous...:)
he is quite fearless when it comes to speeding down nearly vertical hills and i sometimes fear for his life.  he's not kickflipping in the middle of a bomb like matt beach but he does do some fucked up ollies.  i'm actually gonna be "sharing" a part with him when the homie vid comes out.  sharing is in quotes because i'm the tim o'connor of the crew - after 5 years of filming i'll have about 7 clips to his 4 minutes.  that being said, i can tell you that he ain't gonna 360 flip 50 or kickflip front 5-0 clipper any time soon.

forrest doesn't have to make sense, have fun, or be your friend.  he is the heart of the show and is the winner in my book on that basis alone.  when he glares, i smile.
Sperm count down but sperm size up.  I think they've been eating each other.

weedpop

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 308
« Reply #1940 on: January 14, 2011, 02:25:41 PM »
forrest is funny, he might be full of himself, but i would argue that skating right after fucking your head up like that is also a little cocky. and thats cool. the ones getting mad at forrest are the ones who cant have fun. forrest said who could have fun if he wanted to, some of you dont even want to, you just want to hate the guy for being different. none of those clips made him look like he was a dick, just out of touch.

God damn you are regular. I don't understand why you feel the need to willfully ignore the reality of the situation in order  to defend this idiot. Are you his friend or something.

kappin

« Reply #1941 on: January 14, 2011, 02:30:52 PM »
If you don't like forrest, chances are you don't skateboard everyday.
hahahahaha god you are just shameless
« Last Edit: January 14, 2011, 02:32:45 PM by kapp patel »

Ronald Wilson Reagan

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -936
  • I own Malibu? I am going to fuck you.
« Reply #1942 on: January 14, 2011, 02:58:11 PM »
I'm really glad Gippy realized it was past his nap-time, dude was getting heated.
Now for a question monsieur: Why do you keep saying "I've explained this before, blah, blah, blah"? What gives you authority over someone's opinion, and why do you see it as a chance to let your 'expertiese' shine? If someone thinks/feels a specific way about something/someone there's no way you can explain that away. Just give it a rest man, take is breeezzzy.

People keep asking how its possible he won. I have explained why some people thought he was so great several times, yet you guys still keep banging your head against a wall confused. asking how it is possible.

ballchinian, you claim there is no skill related to bombing hills, but now you have friends who bomb that hill, from the top, all the time. That Omar Hassan sure is a pussy. I mean, he skates gnarly shit with gnarly skaters all the time, but somehow that was the fastest he's ever seen somebody go. Obviously a pussy and a shit skater, with you and your no name friends bombing that hill with no problems at all.
Again, keep arguing why me, Omar Hassan, and the staff of slap magazine don't know what we are talking about. I am confident that I am in good company with my opinion.

And COTG, the shit you said about Forrest just now is what makes it that much more embarassing when you say that you act like this in real life.

Oh, and all the people trying to be down talking about how rad Sean Young is for bombing jones st- they didn't show him rolling away on a flat to a stop either, because the act of going down a very steep hill is a feat (bonus points if you get the reference) in itself.
Are you a kook? If you would say this, the answer is “YES”
I quit skating for a time due to piling out

ChildoftheGhetto

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1943 on: January 14, 2011, 03:00:22 PM »
HAHAHAHa everyone's getting offended because it's the truth. I just killed any and all arguments.

mikeywalker

« Reply #1944 on: January 14, 2011, 03:19:16 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]
People keep asking how its possible he won. I have explained why some people thought he was so great several times, yet you guys still keep banging your head against a wall confused. asking how it is possible.

ballchinian, you claim there is no skill related to bombing hills, but now you have friends who bomb that hill, from the top, all the time. That Omar Hassan sure is a pussy. I mean, he skates gnarly shit with gnarly skaters all the time, but somehow that was the fastest he's ever seen somebody go. Obviously a pussy and a shit skater, with you and your no name friends bombing that hill with no problems at all.
Again, keep arguing why me, Omar Hassan, and the staff of slap magazine don't know what we are talking about. I am confident that I am in good company with my opinion.

And COTG, the shit you said about Forrest just now is what makes it that much more embarassing when you say that you act like this in real life.

Oh, and all the people trying to be down talking about how rad Sean Young is for bombing jones st- they didn't show him rolling away on a flat to a stop either, because the act of going down a very steep hill is a feat (bonus points if you get the reference) in itself.

tl;dr

you're a faggot, i hate you

Ronald Wilson Reagan

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -936
  • I own Malibu? I am going to fuck you.
« Reply #1945 on: January 14, 2011, 03:24:20 PM »
^ Hate on the truth all you want. Won't make it a lie.
HAHAHAHa everyone's getting offended because it's the truth. I just killed any and all arguments.
You read it wrong. I was laughing at how stupid you are. Nobody is arguing with you because they chose to ignore your comment. I choose to point it out and laugh at you, then remind others that this is actually how you claim to act in real life, which makes me laugh even more. Your attempt to argue is called poisoning the well. Its a logical fallacy, meaning that according to people with brains any argument that includes "anybody who says____________ is clearly__________________" in an attempt to stifle opposition without actually presenting a reason is actually weakening their argument.
Are you a kook? If you would say this, the answer is “YES”
I quit skating for a time due to piling out

ChildoftheGhetto

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1946 on: January 14, 2011, 03:25:55 PM »
do you skate everyday?

juuhnuuh

• Rep: -157
  • i love the 90's
« Reply #1947 on: January 14, 2011, 03:55:45 PM »
why has this whole thing been a john vs forrest argument?
there is not even really any way of winning or losing the argument, i mean forrest doesn't feel comfortable in the group thats something thats probably happened to a lot of us and from my experience it doesn't make you a happier person.
he (forrest) skates like a beast, says some shit that he feels is true (also is kinda joking i sometimes i think), the if i wanted to have fun thing was kind of weird but if your not feeling comfortable i could see why he would say that.
as for john i like that he tries to skate almost every spot, but so do rueben and matty also with good not better tricks.
I still feel its hard to say who is the winner because what are the criteria, skating every spot or showing your best at the spots you feel you can really show your skills?
i really wouldn't want to be judging .

steezus

« Reply #1948 on: January 14, 2011, 03:57:54 PM »
Wo, what have I missed?

I skate every day, not as good as i used to, but still every day!

Also, lets have a slap pals version of OIAM

'yeah, i got the switch *push* not even trying to...'

Donkey Lips

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 996
« Reply #1949 on: January 14, 2011, 04:01:07 PM »
Forrest will echo through the halls of skateboarding eternity.