Author Topic: Official One In A Million 2010 Thread  (Read 278387 times)

koots

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 52
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Re: Official One In A Million 2010 Thread (ep. 14)
« Reply #1980 on: January 15, 2011, 12:27:00 PM »
Mango clearly has an old school goofball vibe to him. 

The dudes who first progressed skateboarding...all they way into the mid to late 90's were pretty much all goofs. 

Skateboarding is built on being goofy....cool to not be cool etc.

On another note, I'mjust going to throw it out there, but Forest Edwards wouldn't have landed his 3 flip 50-50 at clipper if Reuben hadn't landed his trick first.

Ok,

You must be new to the Skateboard game.  This is real industry talk.  "It's all about who you know".  And that's real.
  Beautiful

kevbo999

« Reply #1981 on: January 15, 2011, 01:49:15 PM »
You think Forrest was about to give up?  Yeah.. sure.  Rueben wouldn't have landed his trick without Joe Brook tickling his asshole.

Mooley

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 254
« Reply #1982 on: January 15, 2011, 02:23:59 PM »
Forrest was the one clamoring to go to Clipper since day one supposedly, I don't know why you would assume he wasn't going to stick with his trick.

Lurkenstock

« Reply #1983 on: January 15, 2011, 02:25:40 PM »
Yeah man, say what you will about Forrest and him being socially regular or whatever but I don't think there's any questioning his heart and determination to land that 360 flip 50-50.

He said he was gonna go there and do it and he did, and although it is rad that Rueben landed his trick also, Forrest didn't need anybody else to land something first, he was either gonna land that shit or get broke the fuck off trying.

mikeywalker

• Rep: -1
« Reply #1984 on: January 15, 2011, 04:12:05 PM »
Mango clearly has an old school goofball vibe to him. 

The dudes who first progressed skateboarding...all they way into the mid to late 90's were pretty much all goofs. 

Skateboarding is built on being goofy....cool to not be cool etc.

On another note, I'mjust going to throw it out there, but Forest Edwards wouldn't have landed his 3 flip 50-50 at clipper if Reuben hadn't landed his trick first.

you're fuckin regular

5inchDick

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 45
« Reply #1985 on: January 15, 2011, 04:48:19 PM »
DAMN WHO EVER MADE THAT YOUTUBE VID OF ALL THE DUDES THANK YOU ...

I HAVE A NEW OUTLOOK ON THE MANGO KID ... DUDE IS GOOD ALL THOSE WEIRD ASS NOSE MANNY COMBOS WERE PRETTY "NIFTY"

BUT IN TERMS OF WHEN ITS "CURTAINS" FOR A VIDEO FORREST WAS IN FULL ATTACK ATTACK ATCCK AND KILL MODE..

THAT BACK 360 WITH THE JACKET ON WAS FUCKING SICK AS FUCK AND SO WAS THAT SWITCH 360 FLIP ..
(GRANTED STYLE WISE HE ISNT THE EASIEST ON THE EYES) BUT ID RATHER HAVE A REAL DUDE WHO AINT SUCKIN NO DICK AND TICKLING ASSHOLES TO WATCH THAN A KID WHO IS SUCKIN DICK AND GETTING HIS ASS GRABBED AND TOUCHED !

kappin

« Reply #1986 on: January 15, 2011, 04:51:11 PM »
God damn, that video almost makes me think Matty killed it the hardest, that was so sick.

ChildoftheGhetto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -1323
  • Nathaniel Turner with a burner
« Reply #1987 on: January 15, 2011, 05:14:26 PM »
Expand Quote
do you skate everyday?
[close]
Shouldn't you be a pro skater by now?
If i was a dickriding clown, like yourself, I would definitely be sponsored.

StarkyLove

• Rep: -119
« Reply #1988 on: January 15, 2011, 05:54:17 PM »
man i thought i was just trolling when i said all john has is a bunch of tranny. this contest is kind of a joke, got dudes doing gnarly shit and the winner just skated tranny and ditches and shit.

when i saw john a while back i remember him saying to my friend that he was bummed he wasn't getting any tricks. he wasn't lying or being self deprecating.

Jay E-Quails

• Rep: 0
« Reply #1989 on: January 15, 2011, 06:59:24 PM »
I don't know if this has already been suggested, but Pals question OIAM contestants would be so sick

shouldn't

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 73
« Reply #1990 on: January 15, 2011, 07:41:20 PM »
this shit is super gay, i don't know why i questioned your intent to make forrest look like a dick, whitely. i thought maybe this would be a legit skateboard contest, not a reality tv show. you could have left all of the drama bullshit dude... seriously. do you think this makes people want to enter your contest more next year? naw. you say he rubbed 90% of the people the wrong way, it's a competition dude. i don't know how often people are completly stoked on the other dudes entered in the contest they're skating in. whatever. aside from that, one thing i noticed is that anytime someone other then forrest did something cool, the guest skateboarder would freak out & say that's who their choice is.... never happend with forrest... didn't get to hear jack curtain or tommy sandoval's thoughts on him..... hmmm why i wonder? nice way to teach kids to suck the dick of the man in charge if you really want to win contests & shit for being the mediocre guy. all i'm saying is you didn't make fun of mango or rueben for being homos & you didnt talk shit to nik for barely skating.. but you talk shit on forrest about his attitude? ruining skateboarding. it's also funny how forrest said he was stoked on john & then john calls him a prick & wins this shit. dumb. & the thing about forrest not being able to get his trick without rueben doing his first . . . ............ .  ;D wow.

imagine fucking the dog shit outta chris roberts

Ronald Wilson Reagan

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -936
  • I own Malibu? I am going to fuck you.
« Reply #1991 on: January 15, 2011, 08:36:13 PM »
this shit is super gay, i don't know why i questioned your intent to make forrest look like a dick, whitely. i thought maybe this would be a legit skateboard contest, not a reality tv show. you could have left all of the drama bullshit dude... seriously. do you think this makes people want to enter your contest more next year? naw. you say he rubbed 90% of the people the wrong way, it's a competition dude. i don't know how often people are completly stoked on the other dudes entered in the contest they're skating in. whatever. aside from that, one thing i noticed is that anytime someone other then forrest did something cool, the guest skateboarder would freak out & say that's who their choice is.... never happend with forrest... didn't get to hear jack curtain or tommy sandoval's thoughts on him..... hmmm why i wonder? nice way to teach kids to suck the dick of the man in charge if you really want to win contests & shit for being the mediocre guy. all i'm saying is you didn't make fun of mango or rueben for being homos & you didnt talk shit to nik for barely skating.. but you talk shit on forrest about his attitude? ruining skateboarding. it's also funny how forrest said he was stoked on john & then john calls him a prick & wins this shit. dumb. & the thing about forrest not being able to get his trick without rueben doing his first . . . ............ .  ;D wow.
This contest was not very gay...it was pretty nice.
Are you a kook? If you would say this, the answer is “YES”
I quit skating for a time due to piling out

camocan

« Reply #1992 on: January 15, 2011, 09:14:22 PM »
^lol

u cant defend ur man

WHO DA FUCK PUSHES A DOG!!?!
« Last Edit: January 15, 2011, 09:16:09 PM by camocan »

NowhereInLife

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 20
« Reply #1993 on: January 15, 2011, 10:15:25 PM »
you really don't need flip tricks to be a successful skater.  as per OIAM and tampa am.

just make sure you are likable and you know, not black.  haha

not that funny.

ChildoftheGhetto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -1323
  • Nathaniel Turner with a burner
« Reply #1994 on: January 15, 2011, 10:18:08 PM »
but true.

camocan

« Reply #1995 on: January 15, 2011, 10:24:28 PM »
^ ur an idiot.
Black americans are ALL mixed.
Most afro amreicans are really afro whites, niggas are just white people with some afro blood.

Afro american= wrong
Afro Anglosaxen=Correct
COTG=Faggot
« Last Edit: January 15, 2011, 11:51:50 PM by camocan »

NowhereInLife

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 20
« Reply #1996 on: January 15, 2011, 10:51:23 PM »
the closer to the aryan ideal the better, as history seems to continually remind us.

spare change

« Reply #1997 on: January 15, 2011, 11:24:33 PM »
Uhh, the drama IS why people tune in.It's why reality tv shows look so forced and people go out of their way to cause an argument or situation, to give the show content and conflict.People tune in to those shows because it's interesting.If it was just skateboarding it would get some views and be a somewhat relevant topic, but look at every skateboard contest out there, theyre forgotten about instantly.This one has gotten A LOT of publicity and it's brought  traffic to the slap sight.The other bs besides the skating is what separates this contest from the others.Personality has everything to do with it, just like the skating.Obviously this point is lost on you.It's the type of environment they wanted to create, if you wanted another homogenized boring trick for trick instant scored battle there are plenty out there to watch. 
Whether or not whitely is purposely showcasing forrest's attitude in a way to discredit him or merely just replaying the days events is probably a little of both.Theyre trying to gain viewers.Maybe he shouldn't have acted like a fool but maybe they shouldn't have shown it either.It's content.And at the end of the day he said those words, and it's part of the contest so of course theyre going to show it.Mango is suffering from it too.Don't put something out there if you don't want people to know.He signed up for this and knew he would be on display.Much like being a sponsored skater.The tricks you do and spots you skate dictate how the public perceives you.It's all within your power to do what you want, don't be mad if someone documents it and you come off badly.You have no one to blame but you, trick or attitude wise.

rockhardcock

• Rep: -22
« Reply #1998 on: January 15, 2011, 11:44:58 PM »
do you skate everyday?

cotg always on point
casual

shouldn't

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1999 on: January 15, 2011, 11:52:07 PM »
k i already knew what you were trying to say you didnt have to write 30 lines of the same sentance. i know that dumbass people want to watch this because it's edited dumb, that's cool man. my point was, it sucks that this is what skateboarding & skateboarding contests have become or are becoming. you could have left the whole unspoken "fuck forrest" vibe in there if you wanted & obviously it caught people's eye & made them waste hours making dumb pictures of forrest in forest gump type movie picture things, how awesome you must feel that you prolly took an hour to make some dumbass photo for people to look at once or twice & say "ha".. . my point is, these videos aren't making people want to enter your contest & they're DEFFINATLY not making people want to go skate.... they're making people sit on the fucking internet even more then they already do to hate on someone they dont know for being better then them or being a real person that's different then all these dickriders. for the last time, not trying to defend anyone, just saying, maybe i'm rubbing you guys the wrong way.....? GAAAAAY gay GaaaYyyY GAyyyy. my main point was you could have left out the videos of the people you picked to be in this contest ripping on the best dude in the contest, very typical thing for the less talented skateboarder to do. another point, why the fuck did you pick him to be in this contest if you were going to be a faggot to him? should have just told one of the companies about john & left this stupid fucking "contest" alone.

shouldn't

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2000 on: January 15, 2011, 11:52:54 PM »
shit it was already a dead contest after you picked tom last year.

Belligerent Irish Cop

• Rep: -276
« Reply #2001 on: January 15, 2011, 11:53:41 PM »
I gotta ask - who the fuck is Joe Brooks?

spare change

« Reply #2002 on: January 15, 2011, 11:55:54 PM »
Joe is a talented photographer and an all around nice guy.Met him  a few years ago when I stayed in sf.

spare change

« Reply #2003 on: January 15, 2011, 11:57:28 PM »
And being this is the internet and people are bored theyre going to comment and have an opinion about whats happening.People like to make fun of things, it happens alot.I doubt forrest gives a shit and you shouldn't either.If anything he will probably get hooked up because of all this publicity.

camocan

« Reply #2004 on: January 16, 2011, 12:00:25 AM »
Gotta love the guy defending Forest, you know the homie is looking out for his buddy

Hey (shouldn't) is Forest pissed like ... does he know?
« Last Edit: January 16, 2011, 12:24:22 AM by camocan »

H8R part 4

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -301
« Reply #2005 on: January 16, 2011, 08:37:22 AM »
k i already knew what you were trying to say you didnt have to write 30 lines of the same sentance. i know that dumbass people want to watch this because it's edited dumb, that's cool man. my point was, it sucks that this is what skateboarding & skateboarding contests have become or are becoming. you could have left the whole unspoken "fuck forrest" vibe in there if you wanted & obviously it caught people's eye & made them waste hours making dumb pictures of forrest in forest gump type movie picture things, how awesome you must feel that you prolly took an hour to make some dumbass photo for people to look at once or twice & say "ha".. . my point is, these videos aren't making people want to enter your contest & they're DEFFINATLY not making people want to go skate.... they're making people sit on the fucking internet even more then they already do to hate on someone they dont know for being better then them or being a real person that's different then all these dickriders. for the last time, not trying to defend anyone, just saying, maybe i'm rubbing you guys the wrong way.....? GAAAAAY gay GaaaYyyY GAyyyy. my main point was you could have left out the videos of the people you picked to be in this contest ripping on the best dude in the contest, very typical thing for the less talented skateboarder to do. another point, why the fuck did you pick him to be in this contest if you were going to be a faggot to him? should have just told one of the companies about john & left this stupid fucking "contest" alone.

but if forrest won, then this contest would be totally awesome right?   ::)
i'm sure sucking him off will help him feel better about losing to a bunch of 'homos'.   

Ronald Wilson Reagan

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -936
  • I own Malibu? I am going to fuck you.
« Reply #2006 on: January 16, 2011, 09:05:00 AM »
JUst to clarify something too- keeping it real by being a total piece of shit is not cool, all it means is you really are a piece of shit. Forrest didn't know how to act. Maybe this will help him learn that he isn't some sort of god of skating who can act however he wants. Maybe he'll get a little more modest of a head on his shoulders and in the long run this will be good for him.
Shouldn't, you'd be a better friend by realizing what a complete prick forrest acted like, and maybe talking to him instead of the people who think he sucks and don't care about your perspective.
When you lose, don't lose the message.- Dave Chappelle age 18
Are you a kook? If you would say this, the answer is “YES”
I quit skating for a time due to piling out

Joe Pesci

« Reply #2007 on: January 16, 2011, 10:12:26 AM »
forrest came out to sf and got exactly what he didnt want... just an experience. in 2011, forrest edwards is back - with a vengeance.

camocan

« Reply #2008 on: January 16, 2011, 10:24:32 AM »
forrest came out to sf and got exactly what he didnt want... just an experience. in 2011, forrest edwards is back - with a vengeance.
lol

annoyedwithskating

« Reply #2009 on: January 16, 2011, 10:25:00 AM »
JUst to clarify something too- keeping it real by being a total piece of shit is not cool, all it means is you really are a piece of shit. Forrest didn't know how to act. Maybe this will help him learn that he isn't some sort of god of skating who can act however he wants. Maybe he'll get a little more modest of a head on his shoulders and in the long run this will be good for him.
Shouldn't, you'd be a better friend by realizing what a complete prick forrest acted like, and maybe talking to him instead of the people who think he sucks and don't care about your perspective.
When you lose, don't lose the message.- Dave Chappelle age 18

again, i cant believe you teach highschool. i would have hated to be in your class.