Author Topic: Official One In A Million 2010 Thread  (Read 278346 times)

kamltoe

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -443
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Re: Official One In A Million 2010 Thread (ep. 14)
« Reply #2160 on: January 18, 2011, 10:58:53 AM »
Expand Quote

Says it all really...
[close]

Perfect "U-Mad?" photo.

Well....considering if the rumor that John will win this whole thing, I think that will kind of kill this whole epic contest. I think Forrest should win and then have him do a spin off show of him being AM and the skateboard biz. That would literally get tons of youtube hits and the comment section would be the craziest shit ever.

totally agree. and it's a crime that matty wasn't in the final three. i kinda already felt that way, but after seeing the compilation vids, it's a fact.

k

Quote from: The Gipper

Classic keyboard skate champion talk right there.

you need to stop thinking people do what you tell them bc they dont.

Stanley Hol

• Rep: -9
« Reply #2161 on: January 18, 2011, 10:59:30 AM »
Expand Quote

Says it all really...
[close]

Perfect "U-Mad?" photo.

Well....considering if the rumor that John will win this whole thing, I think that will kind of kill this whole epic contest. I think Forrest should win and then have him do a spin off show of him being AM and the skateboard biz. That would literally get tons of youtube hits and the comment section would be the craziest shit ever.

I'd love to watch that - so he's gonna go and meet prod, piss him off then john wins?  
Real Life.

Bobby Peru

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 610
    • Community Push avatar image
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #2162 on: January 18, 2011, 11:06:16 AM »
With regards to the word, "nigger," you should know that most younger white people don't even have it in their vocabularies--you need to go back a generation or two for that kind of pervasiveness of its usage.
The white kids using the "nigga" is a byproduct of one thing and one thing alone--rap and hip hop, and the culture surrounding it.

Are you this guy?

Also, will somebody please stuff camocan in a locker and steal his lunch money?

Belligerent Irish Cop

• Rep: -276
« Reply #2163 on: January 18, 2011, 11:08:12 AM »
Im kinda surprised Whitely has enough clout to get Prod involved in this contest.

camocan

« Reply #2164 on: January 18, 2011, 11:12:30 AM »
Bobby peru you not know the wrath thats is about to be set upon you.

ticklefingers

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -217
  • middleweight lurker
« Reply #2165 on: January 18, 2011, 11:15:17 AM »

ChildoftheGhetto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -1323
  • Nathaniel Turner with a burner
« Reply #2166 on: January 18, 2011, 11:15:58 AM »
Im kinda surprised Whitely has enough clout to get Prod involved in this contest.
it was sponsored by mountain dew.

Stanley Hol

« Reply #2167 on: January 18, 2011, 11:18:07 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Exactly.  Even if it wasn't, Slap has been about for ages so still has the respect of the pros. 
Real Life.

strangefires

« Reply #2168 on: January 18, 2011, 11:19:55 AM »
Quote from: Stanley Hol  link=topic=48687.msg1359325#msg1359325 date=1295378287
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

Exactly.  Even if it wasn't, Slap has been about for ages so still has the respect of the pros. 

i don't know about that...

smokecrack

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -160
« Reply #2169 on: January 18, 2011, 11:22:13 AM »
we've been blessed with alittleethnicschlong, camocan't, & belligerent irish lop's presence in this thread.

a whole bunch of early contenders for Worst Poster Of The Year in this bitch!

Bobby Peru

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 610
    • Community Push avatar image
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #2170 on: January 18, 2011, 11:23:10 AM »
Bobby peru you not know the wrath thats is about to be set upon you.

What, are you going to pm me a bunch of youtube links?

Just calm the fuck down and think for a second before you drop the N-bomb, all right?

Stanley Hol

« Reply #2171 on: January 18, 2011, 11:28:59 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

Exactly.  Even if it wasn't, Slap has been about for ages so still has the respect of the pros.  
[close]

Yeah man, the mag was a big deal, Whiteley is still connected.
Real Life.

BuddyPal

« Reply #2172 on: January 18, 2011, 11:40:29 AM »

strangefires

« Reply #2173 on: January 18, 2011, 11:42:33 AM »
Quote from: Stanley Hol  link=topic=48687.msg1359332#msg1359332 date=1295378939
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

Exactly.  Even if it wasn't, Slap has been about for ages so still has the respect of the pros.  
[close]

[close]

Yeah man, the mag was a big deal, Whiteley is still connected.

i suppose having the thing endorsed by mountain dew in the first place does show some clout

earlygrab

« Reply #2174 on: January 18, 2011, 12:06:19 PM »
Why does Prod being in this regardless of mountain dew surprise anyone. He's just another professional athlete with an agent looking to sell his freetime. I wouldn't put words in Pauls mouth as to what is beneath him.

I had to do a 180 on Forrest. Him getting called out reminded me of those moments in every superhero movie when the villain turns from being a dick to straight up evil. His smile had so much pride in it. I couldn't help but respect him and his choice to be who he wants regardless of it being self destructive and representing every aspect of skateboarding I reject. I'm eager to see if he can stick to his guns and make it. Chances are, yes he can.

Matty will be doing big things.

Mango will grow up and realize he is like a zit. fun for a minute of popping but having it in your face all the time gets ugly. Hopefully his skating will also mature.

Reuben reminds me of someone on Bones or Blind. Really talented and kid friendly.

I'd love to see more footage from the rest.

FrenchFriedClownFingers

• Rep: 117
  • evensteven
« Reply #2175 on: January 18, 2011, 12:29:59 PM »
I like to see slap related videos because you can see another side of the site and the people that  run it. very fucking cool that they went through this to help these dudes out. The main heads at slap have their shit figured out.
even the steven

michaelclump

• Rep: -1
« Reply #2176 on: January 18, 2011, 02:39:49 PM »
to make sure people toon in next year,  entries next year will have to submit a minute of their gnarliest footage and a minute telling them why they'd be a great addition to the one in a million trip

blackalbino

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 57
« Reply #2177 on: January 18, 2011, 02:44:11 PM »
in no way am i trying to be insulting, but forrest looks really similar to this dude, minus skin tone:

i think the self-clap should be more socially acceptable

Manolo

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 467
« Reply #2178 on: January 18, 2011, 03:00:28 PM »
Him getting called out reminded me of those moments in every superhero movie when the villain turns from being a dick to straight up evil. His smile had so much pride in it.

Much anger there is in him. Too much pride in his powers.

If once you start down the dark path, forever will it dominate your destiny.

HyperBeam

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -59
« Reply #2179 on: January 18, 2011, 03:06:01 PM »
in no way am i trying to be insulting, but forrest looks really similar to this dude, minus skin tone:

no he doesn't.

alittleethnicsong

« Reply #2180 on: January 18, 2011, 04:32:16 PM »
Expand Quote

The white kids using the word "nigga" is a byproduct of one thing and one thing alone--rap and hip hop, and the culture surrounding it.

fixed^^
[close]

that's two things. try just saying rap culture.

Expand Quote
If one is going to market such potentially racially and culturally charged music to white kids (in fact, if one is going to make the success of the industry contingent on sales to white kids), and not think that the emulation of these things is inevitable, than one is childlike in one's naivety.
[close]

but what if it's two or three that are doing the marketing? would that change things?  :P

Expand Quote
I should have qualified my "rhetoric" with, "for good or ill," because half of what I have seen and experienced coming up in that treacherous, failed, distraught fucking city, I would just assume forget. Your hoary, old cliche--"i hang out with a lot of black people so i know"--is just yet another example of how black folks are making it so even commiserative whites are being cornered into a position where it is hard to give a fuck, because it is a waste of time.

To put this in your terms, I don't "know," and, I couldn't give a fuck.
[close]

so are you saying you're a commiserative white who's finding it hard to give a fuck due to a conversation on slap?

Expand Quote
Luckily actually effectual black leaders like Cornell West, Angela Davis, Randall Kennedy, etc. are not mired in all of the hollow cliches of the day, and encourage open-minded engagement and discourse...eh?
[close]

you're bugging. cornel west is a tom working for the supreme agenda and everybody knows it. he's also TOTALLY mired in cliche. and i talked to angela davis a few years ago and she was defining herself as an atheist lesbian that eschewed the principles of black power/nationalism in favour of her new cause. she told me personally that she was not as interested in her role as a "black" leader anymore. she prefers to be known as an advocate of prisoner rights and likes the term political activist nowadays (her speech was also mired in cliche). can't front on randall though.

also your boys in the D were probably 10percenters.

k

Now that's a thorough engagement with my comment--I'm flattered. You'll have to forgive me if I don't find anything you said nearly worth any kind of comparable reciprocity.

I recommend Angela Davis' book, Women, Race, and Class, as it will help explain to your simple mind why her focusing on issues far broader than that engineered biological dichotomy (black and white), was infinitely more productive to her brilliant and revolutionary mind. Her Marxism is the best political/social ideology for her to focus on, because it is truly about class, and focusing on that race fallacy is just a myopic waste of one's time.

And Mr. West is a tom...interesting, this coming from "kmltoe." OK, you've convinced me.

I do love how badly many of you get ruffled when someone comes "in here" and doesn't talk about things you dimwits want to talk about--fuck, that one dude wants me banned?...seriously, it's that deep?
« Last Edit: January 18, 2011, 04:40:11 PM by alittleethnicsong »

alittleethnicsong

« Reply #2181 on: January 18, 2011, 04:38:40 PM »
Bobby Peru

Vera Chytilova

Daisies

camocan

« Reply #2182 on: January 18, 2011, 04:54:01 PM »
Expand Quote
Him getting called out reminded me of those moments in every superhero movie when the villain turns from being a dick to straight up evil. His smile had so much pride in it.
[close]

Much anger there is in him. Too much pride in his powers.

If once you start down the dark path, forever will it dominate your destiny.

Forest will become the Darth Vader of skateboarding

Belligerent Irish Cop

• Rep: -276
« Reply #2183 on: January 18, 2011, 04:57:57 PM »
we've been blessed with alittleethnicschlong, camocan't, & belligerent irish lop's presence in this thread.

Im no where near as bad as alittleethnicsong you cock.

camocan

« Reply #2184 on: January 18, 2011, 05:01:51 PM »
you can see it in their eyes

kevbo999

« Reply #2185 on: January 18, 2011, 05:17:24 PM »
Forrest is a breath of fresh air in this stale industry full of goody goodies.  Skate media will be boring once he's no longer the center of it.  As if Ricky Oyola's made up stories could compare to this defining moment in skate history;

That's the expression you make when you know you killed the contest and everyone's pissed because you didn't kiss ass.  He probably would've destroyed it harder if they didn't skate tranny half the time.

sixpackoftablets

• Rep: -24
  • salut les fuckheadz
« Reply #2186 on: January 18, 2011, 06:33:02 PM »

six crack

• Rep: 0
« Reply #2187 on: January 18, 2011, 06:35:45 PM »
hyped forest made it. only reason to watch

sixpackoftablets

• Rep: -24
  • salut les fuckheadz
« Reply #2188 on: January 18, 2011, 06:41:05 PM »
those kind of fatuous, crazy white-trash "nationalists," who fly American flags next to swastikas--the two most antithetical ideologies that ever existed.

Just wanted to point out that a US flag is an object or symbol, and a swastika is a symbol. Neither are ideologies, and I don't think you could convincingly argue that there is a coherent, unified ideology that could be termed "Americanism."

I get what you were trying to say, but if you insist on pedantically tl;dr-ing the shit out of this board continually, you should probably brush up on your prose and logic.

cheeseburger eddie 412

• Rep: -3
« Reply #2189 on: January 18, 2011, 06:49:18 PM »
I've been reading posts and following this OIAM every episode and you idiots have finally pissed me off enough to figure out my user name and password to post something.  I'm sick of hearing everyone say duuude forest is awesome he doesn't kiss ass he is just who he is and does what he wants he's good for the industry blah blah blah.  No one is kissing anyone's ass.  Everyone except forest appreciates the experience and is humble, forest is just a cock acting like the shit like everyone owes him something.  Granted I think he has the most god given talent of the entire crew his attitude will keep him from ever being successful long term and isn't a breath of fresh air to anything.  Skateboarding is about attitude, it's about fun and having a good time with your friends.  This may be a contest but being a cock and acting like a self righteous ass should be sound enough reason to send his ass home because I frankly don't want to see anyone with that kind of attitude representing skateboarding on any level....save that shit the next time real world try outs roll through your neighborhood.  I remember how Nick Merlino was getting hyped up and supposed to land on Baker but read how his attitude didn't mesh well and he fell off for a bit and landed on foundation.  Perhaps if his attitude was in check back then he would have every sponsor he every wanted by now.  You get what you deserve and forest may get some hook ups but he doesn't deserve any of it flat out because of his attitude.  I'll be glad to see him lose this but I'm sure he will be a big hit on youtube in the long run.  I'm sure he won't look back on this in the future and realize that being such a douche held him back from so much more than he could have had...but oh well fuck him then like I said he doesn't deserve it....give the props to any of these other dudes for appreciating the opportunity they were giving (big difference than kissing ass you morons)....fucking idiots.