Author Topic: Official One In A Million 2010 Thread  (Read 278290 times)

SK8-N-WorshipSatan

Re: Official One In A Million 2010 Thread (ep. 14)
« Reply #2250 on: January 19, 2011, 10:47:41 PM »
hey guys what's going on?

shits getting heavy.....

camocan

« Reply #2251 on: January 19, 2011, 10:52:19 PM »
lol

Tyroneshoelaces

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -600
  • who knows
« Reply #2252 on: January 19, 2011, 11:25:20 PM »
this thread really sucks now.   as a black guy i don't care about ethnicsong's racism, but i do care that he turns rad threads about skateboarding into giant piles of shit.   on top of that i would wager  a hefty sum that i went to more prestigious schools, speak more languages, have more degrees and got better grades than that idiot.  people who have actually learned things do not go around proving to people on a skateboard message board that they read a book.    even if you put him on ignore you see his shit when it gets quoted.   

the only redeeming quality he may have is that he still may be a 16 year old troll with too much time on his hands.   can we delete the last 7 pages and then discuss the most recent episode again?
where is home?

daniel

• Rep: 35
« Reply #2253 on: January 19, 2011, 11:46:15 PM »
^^^
back on track.

I just rewatched the episode. It gets so awkward. Mango is acting up the whole time, playing for laughs & not succeeding. John breaks his silence on Forrest & comes off sounding like a bigger prick himself. Whiteley & Forrest's moment was terrible, I felt bad that Forrest had to hear it, but even worse that Whiteley had to say it.

Tomorrow's episode should be sick. I can't wait to see what absolutely ridiculous skating John pulls out on the last day to win it. Because right now, according to my tally, he sits in fourth position, behind Matt who should have been it the bronze spot. Forrest obviously fucking killed it at the big spots; but Reuben skated & destroyed everything, smiling the whole time. First & second should be between those two.

I imagine that had the group skated more big spots & less transition Forrest would have separated himself even further from the pack and locked in the sure win.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2011, 12:15:30 AM by daniel »

chuck d

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 234
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #2254 on: January 20, 2011, 12:05:41 AM »
Wait.  Before we get back on track I want to ask, who the fuck uses the word "myopic" in two posts on the same day?  Even if the topic of the thread were about vision, and the word wasn't being used figuratively about conjecture, even an optometrist would have thrown out "short-sighted" in a minimum of one of those two statements.  alittleethnicsong, some of the people who visit this forum are also readers; people who engage in a healthy amount of high brow dialogue without your pretentious efforts, and we don't want to come here to watch some aspiring intellectual find his writing voice.  We come here for the ass thread, the things that made you laugh thread, strangefires's moodswings, and occasionally intelligent discussions about skateboarding.  Stop fucking it up, please.
Ok, back on track... daniel is right, that last episode was awkward...

drunk

• Rep: 59
« Reply #2255 on: January 20, 2011, 12:27:18 AM »
so, that oiam hey?
formerly toonie

verbal ham

• Rep: 53
« Reply #2256 on: January 20, 2011, 12:39:21 AM »
all around good stuff 4 u and me

idealhandmades

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 132
    • IDEAL Handmades - Skateboards avatar image
« Reply #2257 on: January 20, 2011, 12:44:12 AM »
I just can't wait to see the inevitable hilariousness that will unfold on here when the holy trinity finally happens.
Forrest + P-rod + COTG

and while everyone keeps comparing this series to a reality tv show, I wonder if they'll do what seemingly a lot of reality shows have been doing lately.
a spin off/sequel to bring back all the guys that didn't win from previous seasons.
could be pretty good, especially if some of the losers from the earlist seasons fell off and got fat or something.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2011, 12:53:34 AM by sweatercuff »
@idealhandmades

Blue Fescue

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 303
« Reply #2258 on: January 20, 2011, 01:55:45 AM »
Is the winner based solely on the last day of skating or does the whole week count?

alittleethnicsong

« Reply #2259 on: January 20, 2011, 05:30:01 AM »
ethnic. I took a class with Angela Davis when I went to UCSC, I guarantee she'd call your ass a racist. Just because race is socially constructed does not mean it does not exist as a genuine issue within our society, it absolutely does. Claiming that you don't see race and shit like that is actually racist in itself. If you want to get academic on the whole thing, look up critical race theory. Davis was a fucking Panther man.

You're ridiculous.

If Angela Davis and I actually somehow were to end up in some kind of discourse, we'd end up talking about all of the communist, women labor organizers of the mid-20th century, like Mother Jones, Elizabeth Gurly Flynn, or Lucy Parsons--to which she devotes chapters in Women, Race, and Class--or something like this, because I would not get dragged into some futile discussion about race, and she has obviously moved on to include race in the bigger picture of class.

I didn't say I don't see race. Her "atheistic lesbianism" (per kmltoe) makes perfect sense, because she is a Marxist, and in Marxism (as I stated before, ideally at least) distinctions between races, sexes, ethnicities are supposed to become insignificant--likewise, the spirituality and dogmas of organized religions as well, as Marxism is a purely "materialist" belief system.

But shit, I agree, enough.

All of these pages of racial comments all go back to KrewKruxKlan's fucking absurd comment that all of the rest of the OIAM skaters didn't call Forrest a nigger to his face--implying that they had sat there and called him one when he was not around--because white people don't call black folks, niggers to their faces.

I can't believe only like one other person called him out for that, because that is the most ridiculous fucking comment on all of these pages.

Cool, now, hopefully some kind of mishap surrounding a handshake, or hug can occur again, so dudes can spend 20 pages talking about all of the different aspects of male camaraderie.

sixpackoftablets

• Rep: -24
  • salut les fuckheadz
« Reply #2260 on: January 20, 2011, 05:37:50 AM »
All of these pages of racial comments all go back to KrewKruxKlan's fucking absurd comment that all of the rest of the OIAM skaters didn't call Forrest a nigger to his face--implying that they had sat there and called him one when he was not around--because white people don't call black folks, niggers to their faces.

I can't believe only like one other person called him out for that, because that is the most ridiculous fucking comment on all of these pages.

No one else called him out, because you are the only one that he successfully trolled.

camocan

« Reply #2261 on: January 20, 2011, 06:58:22 AM »
I just can't wait to see the inevitable hilariousness that will unfold on here when the holy trinity finally happens.
Forrest + P-rod + COTG

and while everyone keeps comparing this series to a reality tv show, I wonder if they'll do what seemingly a lot of reality shows have been doing lately.
a spin off/sequel to bring back all the guys that didn't win from previous seasons.
could be pretty good, especially if some of the losers from the earlist seasons fell off and got fat or something.
hahaha so good me too dude

alittleethnicsong

« Reply #2262 on: January 20, 2011, 07:01:55 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

No one else called him out, because you are the only one that he successfully trolled.

Perhaps.

Or, the topic is so fucking volatile and hopelessly mired in the discourse-arresting delusion that "race" in America is strictly a dichotomy between black and white (hence, the absolutely vacuous concept of "reverse racism"), that people let some bullshit like that pass, because they don't have the sand to confront it.

• Rep: 7
  • BRICK SQUAD
« Reply #2263 on: January 20, 2011, 07:07:42 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

Perhaps.

Or, the topic is so fucking volatile and hopelessly mired in the discourse-arresting delusion that "race" in America is strictly a dichotomy between black and white (hence, the absolutely vacuous concept of "reverse racism"), that people let some bullshit like that pass, because they don't have the sand to confront it.
yeah bro, nail on the head, youre fucking brilliant

sweets

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 5
  • but(t) fuck, who's keeping track?
« Reply #2264 on: January 20, 2011, 07:09:58 AM »
This thread needs to tap a keg of shut the fuck up. Pseudo-intellectuals get at the front of the line.
"instead of typing out some dumb reply to this post, go make some art, smell your own body, mate with your own hand, take a picture of your penis when it is in half-boner-mode and post it on slap." Tony

todd rodd

« Reply #2265 on: January 20, 2011, 07:50:40 AM »
"hi, i'm forrest and i like to lay bare-back on the rough ground."

i think he has that fake-ass hard attitude because he knows he looks like mr. bean's regular love-child. and really, who wouldn't walk around like a totally douche nozzle if they looked like that kid.

kamltoe

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -443
« Reply #2266 on: January 20, 2011, 08:01:11 AM »
i seriously want to see what forrest pulls out at the p-rod park. i mean, i'm not too sure about ledge tricks cause that one ledge line took him all day and wasn't ridiculous or anything, but i'm pretty sure he'll murder the stairs and probably the rails. i want to see him go fucking nuts on that shit. and if john comes through with some craze shit, i'll feel a whole lot better about the standings, but as of now, i'd totally want to see matty tear that shit up way more. i think just the unknowns are enough to keep my anticipation high. and that's what it's all about right?

k

Quote from: The Gipper

Classic keyboard skate champion talk right there.

you need to stop thinking people do what you tell them bc they dont.

Donkey Lips

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 997
« Reply #2267 on: January 20, 2011, 08:07:18 AM »
Just noticed that it looks like Nik's taking home something else besides the good memories

dolphinstyle.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 114
« Reply #2268 on: January 20, 2011, 08:10:26 AM »
^^and who is the STD culprit? maybe Mango? whatever happened in the bunk beds at night
Look, I'm an individual within us, partaking in this business

koots

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 52
« Reply #2269 on: January 20, 2011, 08:23:07 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

Perhaps.

You're reading way too much into this...
Ok,

You must be new to the Skateboard game.  This is real industry talk.  "It's all about who you know".  And that's real.
  Beautiful

gaileaduffel

« Reply #2270 on: January 20, 2011, 08:23:54 AM »
WHAT IN THE FUCK ARE YALL CRACKAS TALKING ABOUT

no matter what classes yall took, school yall attended, or negros you have talked to

yall still a bunch of crackas tryin to break down negro business and box it up

stoooooooooooooooooooooooooops

forrest is a NIGGA

Barack and Emitt Till are BLACK MEN

cotg is TOBY

I am a skategro

thats all yall really need to know

ChildoftheGhetto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -1322
  • Nathaniel Turner with a burner
« Reply #2271 on: January 20, 2011, 08:34:31 AM »
you're more like a coon/tom in one. you come on here trying to talk shit on white people, and then try to get brownie points from them by saying something about one of the few non toms on here. hell, you try to front like you're hyped on dgk, but you're favorite skater on there is white.

finknoos

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -170
  • Typos here there and everywhere
« Reply #2272 on: January 20, 2011, 08:38:27 AM »

no matter what classes yall took, school yall attended, or negros you have talked to

forrest is a NIGGA

cotg is SLAP

I am a huge faggot

fixed

saucy ragu

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 515
« Reply #2273 on: January 20, 2011, 08:42:05 AM »
This thread is always at the top of "New Replies, " and I never read it because coherency died about 40 pages back. I wish I never commented here. Boo-urns.
Quote from: brent
sorrymom, when 112 sing to you what kinda feelin do it bring to you?

strangefires

« Reply #2274 on: January 20, 2011, 08:42:58 AM »
Just noticed that it looks like Nik's taking home something else besides the good memories

lmao

alittleethnicsong

« Reply #2275 on: January 20, 2011, 08:48:03 AM »
This thread is always at the top of "New Replies, " and I never read it because coherency died about 40 pages back. I wish I never commented here. Boo-urns.

Kind of my point--77 pages of talking a specific topic to fucking death, makes the death of "coherency" seem kind of inevitable.

Like now its going to turn into 20 pages of comments on herpes and the cold sore on one skater's lip.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2011, 08:50:55 AM by alittleethnicsong »

Des Esseintes

• Rep: 21
« Reply #2276 on: January 20, 2011, 08:48:36 AM »
Can we please get off the racism stuff and start talking about how Forest loves fried chicken again?

camocan

« Reply #2277 on: January 20, 2011, 08:54:50 AM »

hi larious love slap ;D

SK8-N-WorshipSatan

« Reply #2278 on: January 20, 2011, 08:59:25 AM »
haha forest is such a dick rider.

todd rodd

« Reply #2279 on: January 20, 2011, 09:00:35 AM »

forrest is a NIGGA

cotg is TOBY

I am a skategro

you double and triple space like you're writing a 9th grade english report.