Author Topic: Official One In A Million 2010 Thread  (Read 278482 times)

krewkruxklan

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 17
    • SUPRFI$CAL avatar image
Re: Official One In A Million 2010 Thread
« Reply #2310 on: January 20, 2011, 11:02:51 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
skateboarding is not baseball if a guy is a dick he get the boot from the team.
[close]
not true. so many pro's out there have shitty personalities im sure, skateboard industry probably has more in common with baseball than we'd like to imagine.
[close]
i mean real skateboard company not ninja bearing or street league dildo
i hear TNT is a dick, no?

i dont want to list off skaters that we've heard being assholes because most of the stories aren't firsthand, but still, every month theres a new story about a pro and their dickish ways. Dill came off like a complete 'prick' and he still rides for alien, leo seems like an ass too, heath also. but again listing them off doesnt add any truth but im positive that many skaters are dicks and still ride for even the most 'legitimate' companies.

the skate industry is still and industry; it's just as venuerable to image control as baseball or any other industry. i mean the entire concept of professional skateboarding is a marketing tool.

cats is nice but I aint seen god since hova spit that navy blue to me
SUPRFI$CAL

i used to skate

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -27
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #2311 on: January 20, 2011, 11:10:31 AM »
wow, i can't believe Forrest took Mark's advice seriously, especially because i felt mark delivered his message with little tact, in a way that would make most people defensive and even bigger dicks.

alittleethnicsong

« Reply #2312 on: January 20, 2011, 11:11:26 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
skateboarding is not baseball if a guy is a dick he get the boot from the team.
[close]
not true. so many pro's out there have shitty personalities im sure, skateboard industry probably has more in common with baseball than we'd like to imagine.
[close]
i mean real skateboard company not ninja bearing or street league dildo
[close]
i hear TNT is a dick, no?

i dont want to list off skaters that we've heard being assholes because most of the stories aren't firsthand, but still, every month theres a new story about a pro and their dickish ways. Dill came off like a complete 'prick' and he still rides for alien, leo seems like an ass too, heath also. but again listing them off doesnt add any truth but im positive that many skaters are dicks and still ride for even the most 'legitimate' companies.

the skate industry is still and industry; it's just as venuerable to image control as baseball or any other industry. i mean the entire concept of professional skateboarding is a marketing tool.

My last comment about the uncomfortableness of listening to Forrest talk about how he needed to change, being comparable to that of J Adams saying he wishes he would have marketed himself better, just meant that that is obviously not essentially him saying these things, and it comes across strongly that it is awkward for him to say these things.

I don't really like how Forrest has come off in these episodes, but for him to do a total about-face is kind of weird--at best, I guess just simple logical pragmatism in doing what he thinks he needs to do (aside from ripping, as he undoubtedly has) to satisfy those who will decide if he wins.

strangefires

« Reply #2313 on: January 20, 2011, 11:20:25 AM »
^^^^^^^^

SHUT THE FUCK UP

Stoeipoes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 53
« Reply #2314 on: January 20, 2011, 11:27:19 AM »
Like Rueben should stop like talking like. Like it's like fucking annoying like. like.
Bitches call me pussy, the horse filler.

ChildoftheGhetto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -1323
  • Nathaniel Turner with a burner
« Reply #2315 on: January 20, 2011, 11:31:43 AM »
It's pretty cool that Forrest is taking Mark's advice and not brushing it off like I would have expected him to. His tricks over the hip were really sick, too. Also, whoever said that Jon can't flip his board can suck it.
tricks over a hip don't count.

the main reason those dudes didn't like forrest because they were insecure. someone who's super good at something and knows it, will make you reevaluate your abilities. and instead of people saying "oh, i need to step my game up" they get mad at him for not downplaying how good he is.

zipzinging

« Reply #2316 on: January 20, 2011, 11:33:07 AM »

Albatross

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 76
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #2317 on: January 20, 2011, 11:41:50 AM »
is anyone else inexplicably craving a mountain dew after watching this

im in a library with the sound off and the first two minutes are straight up product shots

brent

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 740
« Reply #2318 on: January 20, 2011, 11:49:58 AM »
Like Rueben should stop like talking like. Like it's like fucking annoying like. like.
i thought i was the only one that noticed, so fucking annoying
This armor plating is going to get a little more diesel.

Zurg

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 694
« Reply #2319 on: January 20, 2011, 11:53:23 AM »
Rueben is so corny. even if he didnt open his mouth once, you'd be able to tell

Garth Marenghi

« Reply #2320 on: January 20, 2011, 11:56:04 AM »
He's also sixteen, give the kid a break.

sirfinbar

• Rep: -3
« Reply #2321 on: January 20, 2011, 12:05:16 PM »
normally i think it's bullshit when people post to correct spelling errors, but seriously, it's DARTH VADER

shouldn't

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 74
Re: Official One In A Million 2010 Thread (ep. 14)
« Reply #2322 on: January 20, 2011, 12:11:42 PM »
I doubt forrest gives a shit and you shouldn't either.If anything he will probably get hooked up because of all this publicity.
forrest already is hooked up you don't really have to worry about that & i never was, the only thing i was complaining about is the way shit is set up nowadays. it used to be like whoever skated the contest the best wins & gets a bunch of shit & then like 5 years down the line you hear the guy is pro. it didn't matter then who was a dick or who wasn't, so why should it now? you can say alot of people's personalitys ruined their careers but, that is because they were assholes to everyone.. not just tms & fellow riders but, even what was left of their 'fans'... forrest is not like this at all.... the critique is all coming from a bunch of internet goons that don't even go outside & skate anymore... what makes you think you guys are the one's who judge who comes up & who doesn't? i mean, ofcourse everyone is entitled to their own opinions but, you guys abuse the fuck out of that ability by trying to form some kind of "fuck forrest" cult like you do to everyone else you don't like... & you all know that half the people that are regulars on this website are just little home-school kids getting brainwashed into your photoshops & big words that you had to look up like 8 times while talking shit to someone.... as sheff master said.. you guys are fuckin STOOOOOOPs.

& it's also hillarios how some guy says "oh yeah there's no way forrest would have gotten his trick at clipper after rueben got his trick because he couldn't get hyped off of rueben".....? & then another clone says "oh yeah theres no way forrest would of done his trick if rueben didn't get his?" just shows how fucking dumb you guys really are & that you will make anything up in your head just to make someone else sound like an asshole.

imagine fucking the dog shit outta chris roberts

Chron Artest

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 18
« Reply #2323 on: January 20, 2011, 12:19:35 PM »
i don't want this season to end!

Belligerent Irish Cop

• Rep: -276
« Reply #2324 on: January 20, 2011, 12:32:13 PM »

You spelled Vader wrong you fucking imbecile!!!!!

barkeep11

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -135
« Reply #2325 on: January 20, 2011, 12:38:30 PM »
Love it when a guy get's a wake-up call and hears it!  I have more respect for him now as a normal human instead of a hyper-focused competitive ass!

Gotta say all three guys slayed at the warehouse!  I'd be happy for any of them winning.  Best OIAM so far for sure!

Mein Fuhrer! I can walk!

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -152
« Reply #2326 on: January 20, 2011, 12:40:23 PM »

I thought he sounded more like Leia in her bounty hunter disguise

daniel

• Rep: 35
« Reply #2327 on: January 20, 2011, 12:41:54 PM »
Forrest's 360 shove over the pyramid was a nice surprise.

Bubblegum Tate

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -1042
  • Slap's Resident Sneakerhead
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #2328 on: January 20, 2011, 12:51:43 PM »
Easy acces to viewing
Ethan Bubblegum Tate - Captain of the Harlem Globetrotters, lecturer of Physics at Globetrotter University.
Tate is one of the best posters that's not me

sultsult

• Rep: -12
« Reply #2329 on: January 20, 2011, 12:52:37 PM »
haha whitely does the final ep with froggy voice... thats rad

pmatute

• Rep: -4
« Reply #2330 on: January 20, 2011, 12:54:07 PM »
Best episode so far. More skating, less talking.

Inbred Jed

« Reply #2331 on: January 20, 2011, 12:58:31 PM »
If Forrest was wearing sunglasses the whole time and snapped his fingers after everything he said he would have come across as more of a bad boy rebel and would have won the hearts and minds early on in the game. Women would want him. Men would want to be like him. The Cunninghams would invite him to live over their garage.

Bubblegum Tate

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2332 on: January 20, 2011, 12:59:43 PM »
Damn, mountain dew code red would taste good right now
Ethan Bubblegum Tate - Captain of the Harlem Globetrotters, lecturer of Physics at Globetrotter University.

Nate

• Rep: 11
« Reply #2333 on: January 20, 2011, 12:59:53 PM »
everyone killed that was fun to watch. forrest did that back three late flip so proper. midnight snacks can patch up even the most tarnished relationships.  

kamltoe

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -443
« Reply #2334 on: January 20, 2011, 01:00:34 PM »
shit grim, you win!!! i'm making the waffles son and will send them out asap. gimme an address and i'll vacuum seal them shits with the butter and a maple backet on the side sealed in it's own container. holler player.  ;D

i'm so stoked to see john rip some flips. Forrest still murdered that shit though. i mean, reuben had some shit over the hip, but it always looked so shitty. forrests shit was solid and popped. his 360shuv over the whole thing was tight, as were the aforementioned late flip variations. i still think forrest should win on skating alone. watching john flow kinda gave me a calming feeling though. i like his style more after seeing him crunt, handplant, and nollie360heel. it all looked sick. still think that overall, forrest should take it on skating. john seems kinda like a low-key hater too.

k

Quote from: The Gipper

Classic keyboard skate champion talk right there.

you need to stop thinking people do what you tell them bc they dont.

Bubblegum Tate

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2335 on: January 20, 2011, 01:08:33 PM »
They were all killing that pyramid/hip

blackalbino

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 57
« Reply #2336 on: January 20, 2011, 01:12:17 PM »
forrest purchasing an ice cream cone.
just visualize that.
i think the self-clap should be more socially acceptable

NowhereInLife

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 20
Re: Official One In A Million 2010 Thread (ep. 14)
« Reply #2337 on: January 20, 2011, 01:13:40 PM »
Wait.� Before we get back on track I want to ask, who the fuck uses the word "myopic" in two posts on the same day?� Even if the topic of the thread were about vision, and the word wasn't being used figuratively about conjecture, even an optometrist would have thrown out "short-sighted" in a minimum of one of those two statements.� alittleethnicsong, some of the people who visit this forum are also readers; people who engage in a healthy amount of high brow dialogue without your pretentious efforts, and we don't want to come here to watch some aspiring intellectual find his writing voice.� We come here for the ass thread, the things that made you laugh thread, strangefires's moodswings, and occasionally intelligent discussions about skateboarding.� Stop fucking it up, please.
Ok, back on track... daniel is right, that last episode was awkward...

lulz, i think i used it to hooker slap him back in the odell thread when he first revealed his silliness.  i noticed he's been in love with it ever since.  

also great product placement, i'm kinda fiending for mountain dew now.

haha, VADOR makes it funnier.

and lookit forrest learning to play nice.  that's a professional attitude right there yup.

bandini

« Reply #2338 on: January 20, 2011, 01:19:25 PM »
Man, John's board looked thrashed. Did that dude burn through all his free product already?

krewkruxklan

• Rep: 17
    • SUPRFI$CAL avatar image
« Reply #2339 on: January 20, 2011, 01:27:41 PM »
Man, John's board looked thrashed. Did that dude burn through all his free product already?

rumor has it john likes to focus his boards on the reg

cats is nice but I aint seen god since hova spit that navy blue to me
SUPRFI$CAL