Author Topic: Official One In A Million 2010 Thread  (Read 278424 times)

Brown Thunder

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -66
Re: Official One In A Million 2010 Thread
« Reply #2340 on: January 20, 2011, 01:36:26 PM »
Man, John's board looked thrashed. Did that dude burn through all his free product already?

Seems like he has thrashed shoes and seems to only have one shirt...

H8R part 4

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -301
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #2341 on: January 20, 2011, 01:59:58 PM »
shit grim, you win!!! i'm making the waffles son and will send them out asap. gimme an address and i'll vacuum seal them shits with the butter and a maple backet on the side sealed in it's own container. holler player.  ;D

i'm so stoked to see john rip some flips. Forrest still murdered that shit though. i mean, reuben had some shit over the hip, but it always looked so shitty. forrests shit was solid and popped. his 360shuv over the whole thing was tight, as were the aforementioned late flip variations. i still think forrest should win on skating alone. watching john flow kinda gave me a calming feeling though. i like his style more after seeing him crunt, handplant, and nollie360heel. it all looked sick. still think that overall, forrest should take it on skating. john seems kinda like a low-key hater too.

k

whiteley asked him straight up what he thought of forrest the last episode and that kind of opened the flood gates. 
after days of putting up with someone you don't really like, you're bound to go off for a bit especially when given the green light from the guy running the show.

BTW, i'm really starting to dislike the term "hater" because people use it for anything and everything. 
a true hater keeps talking shit about someone long after the fact and manages to brings up their hatred whether the opportunity present itself or not.  thats a true to life hater.   
if someone rubs you the wrong way and you don't like them, that doesn't make you a hater because honestly, you can't expect to like everyone or vice versa. 
nobody is calling forrest a hater even though he was the only one who talked shit on both peoples skating as well as their personalities yet you're gonna call out john?  c'mon son!

brent

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 740
« Reply #2342 on: January 20, 2011, 02:04:48 PM »
shut the fuck up H8R and H8R vol.2
This armor plating is going to get a little more diesel.

Inbred Jed

« Reply #2343 on: January 20, 2011, 02:07:50 PM »
Expand Quote
shit grim, you win!!! i'm making the waffles son and will send them out asap. gimme an address and i'll vacuum seal them shits with the butter and a maple backet on the side sealed in it's own container. holler player.  ;D

i'm so stoked to see john rip some flips. Forrest still murdered that shit though. i mean, reuben had some shit over the hip, but it always looked so shitty. forrests shit was solid and popped. his 360shuv over the whole thing was tight, as were the aforementioned late flip variations. i still think forrest should win on skating alone. watching john flow kinda gave me a calming feeling though. i like his style more after seeing him crunt, handplant, and nollie360heel. it all looked sick. still think that overall, forrest should take it on skating. john seems kinda like a low-key hater too.

k

[close]

whiteley asked him straight up what he thought of forrest the last episode and that kind of opened the flood gates. 
after days of putting up with someone you don't really like, you're bound to go off for a bit especially when given the green light from the guy running the show.

BTW, i'm really starting to dislike the term "hater" because people use it for anything and everything. 
a true hater keeps talking shit about someone long after the fact and manages to brings up their hatred whether the opportunity present itself or not.  thats a true to life hater.   
if someone rubs you the wrong way and you don't like them, that doesn't make you a hater because honestly, you can't expect to like everyone or vice versa. 
nobody is calling forrest a hater even though he was the only one who talked shit on both peoples skating as well as their personalities yet you're gonna call out john?  c'mon son!

I have been on a campaign against the word "hater" and the phrase "hating on". I was going to focus my account at 999 posts and start a new one, but only kept it so I could kook anyone who used that terminology. I even have had to kook people I like on here. Please stop.

bandini

« Reply #2344 on: January 20, 2011, 02:09:56 PM »
The only people who use the word "hater" seriously are douchebags who don't understand why everyone hates them. It's just a way of putting it on the other people: "There's nothing wrong with me - they're just jealous, they're haters..."

I use the word as ironic understatement myself. Like: "Dude, Hitler was a total hater..." etc.

TheFreshSC

« Reply #2345 on: January 20, 2011, 02:22:32 PM »

BuddyPal

« Reply #2346 on: January 20, 2011, 02:28:20 PM »
whiteley should have tried harder with the product placement. like when he was talking to the guys he could of said ".. yeah skate the park and film and little video part, and if you guys get thirsty help yourself to some mountain dew, but if you guys need a real thirst quencher, try the new moutain dew white out available for a limited time only."

Zurg

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 694
« Reply #2347 on: January 20, 2011, 02:32:01 PM »
shut the fuck up H8R and H8R vol.2

impeccable timing, especially for this thread

annoyedwithskating

« Reply #2348 on: January 20, 2011, 02:38:45 PM »
If Forrest was wearing sunglasses the whole time and snapped his fingers after everything he said he would have come across as more of a bad boy rebel and would have won the hearts and minds early on in the game. Women would want him. Men would want to be like him. The Cunninghams would invite him to live over their garage.

or he could have said he was from venice beach and beats people up for hitting his surf spot and we would all have mad respect for him.

MaryhillVibe

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 151
  • gfm
    • www.mudozine.com avatar image
« Reply #2349 on: January 20, 2011, 02:46:26 PM »
Forrests OIAM experience in summation....

HyperBeam

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -59
« Reply #2350 on: January 20, 2011, 03:06:42 PM »
there are dudes at my local park who are easily just as good if not better than john. i really don't understand the praise for him, he is not that special. fuck this shit.

ChildoftheGhetto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -1323
  • Nathaniel Turner with a burner
« Reply #2351 on: January 20, 2011, 03:07:13 PM »
The only people who use the word "hater" seriously are douchebags who don't understand why everyone hates them. It's just a way of putting it on the other people: "There's nothing wrong with me - they're just jealous, they're haters..."

I use the word as ironic understatement myself. Like: "Dude, Hitler was a total hater..." etc.

no.

bandini

« Reply #2352 on: January 20, 2011, 03:12:34 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]
no.

I rest my case.:)

The Twilight Zone

« Reply #2353 on: January 20, 2011, 03:18:09 PM »
I really hope Reuben doesn't win. Forest said that stuff about trying to be nice and i was happy for him, then reuben
did that gay ass speech and i was like fuck that, being mean is the shit.

ChildoftheGhetto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -1323
  • Nathaniel Turner with a burner
« Reply #2354 on: January 20, 2011, 03:20:51 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
no.
[close]

you wouldn't be a good lawyer.

landCow

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 91
« Reply #2355 on: January 20, 2011, 03:27:36 PM »
holy shit forrest is human after all

todd rodd

• Rep: 5
« Reply #2356 on: January 20, 2011, 03:29:54 PM »
Expand Quote
It's pretty cool that Forrest is taking Mark's advice and not brushing it off like I would have expected him to. His tricks over the hip were really sick, too. Also, whoever said that Jon can't flip his board can suck it.
[close]
tricks over a hip don't count.

the main reason those dudes didn't like forrest because they were insecure. someone who's super good at something and knows it, will make you reevaluate your abilities. and instead of people saying "oh, i need to step my game up" they get mad at him for not downplaying how good he is.
Oh, did you take a survey? You assume way too much.

iliketoskateboardandstuff

• Rep: -10
« Reply #2357 on: January 20, 2011, 03:30:03 PM »
New found respect for Forrest, he actually took the advice he was given and that's something people don't often do nowadays. He even seemed a bit choked up in his interview, he's so passionate about actually skateboarding that I think he deserves the win. He fucking killed P-rod's park, hook this dude up.

Locbrew

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 260
  • OWWW HAVE MERCY!
« Reply #2358 on: January 20, 2011, 03:39:16 PM »
Forrest smiling reminds me of when Angelia from the Office tried to smile.
Adam Dyet is the black jellybean of skateboarding.

camocan

« Reply #2359 on: January 20, 2011, 03:50:18 PM »
Forrest almost cried druing the interview. The dude is passionate he deserves to win it.
Now thats he's not a total douche but if he was man if he fuckin was.

Brent212

• Rep: 1
« Reply #2360 on: January 20, 2011, 03:51:13 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
no.
[close]

[close]
you wouldn't be a good lawyer.

He should practice the "no" defense. Such a bulletproof argument.

rawbertson.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 679
  • yo yo, yo yo yo yo
    • my youtube avatar image
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #2361 on: January 20, 2011, 03:52:45 PM »
When they asked jon about staples i thought they meant staples center adn i was like "they went to staples center and got tricks! sick!" but then i realized his stupid head thing.

if you look at that whole contest though, the only person who if i heard put out a new part id watch is forrest. although that was wack all that christian shit he said.

TrainWreck

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -77
« Reply #2362 on: January 20, 2011, 04:00:35 PM »
sick episode, cant wait for the final ...

oyolar

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 383
« Reply #2363 on: January 20, 2011, 04:09:58 PM »
Expand Quote
If Forrest was wearing sunglasses the whole time and snapped his fingers after everything he said he would have come across as more of a bad boy rebel and would have won the hearts and minds early on in the game. Women would want him. Men would want to be like him. The Cunninghams would invite him to live over their garage.
[close]

or he could have said he was from venice beach and beats people up for hitting his surf spot and we would all have mad respect for him.

Woah buddy-did you just try to give Inbred Jed some attitude? That shit don't fly on this message board.

Inbred Jed

« Reply #2364 on: January 20, 2011, 04:11:04 PM »
Yes, I get super bummed when fools be all dissin Dogtown and Z-Boyz

sixpackoftablets

• Rep: -24
  • salut les fuckheadz
« Reply #2365 on: January 20, 2011, 04:22:00 PM »
I think the Forest attitude adjustment could be explained by the theory that he is fencepost-stupid and oblivious because of it. Some guys like that aren't self-aware enough to realize how they're acting and treating others.

This was proposed way the fuck back in the thread, and I'm not going to bother going back and trying to quote someone, but anyhow... that could explain his about-face.

Now I sort of feel sorry for the guy. The midnight snack comment paired with the mean mug was a bit creepy though.

Fongstarr.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 315
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #2366 on: January 20, 2011, 04:28:39 PM »
I do feel like if this attitude adjustment was done earlier in the contest, Forrest would have probably been more inclined to win. And I am not saying Forrest should have changed just to be nice, but he should have played the game and won the judges over so he could win the sponsorships and whatever else Slap is giving the winner. It would have been a big step into becoming a legit AM or even pro, which is what he want to become.
I'll fuckin
I'll fuckin
sew your asshole closed, and keep feedin you
and feedin you, and feedin you, and feedin you!

kevbo999

« Reply #2367 on: January 20, 2011, 04:44:59 PM »
The midnight snack line was pretty good but if he keeps being nice I'm gonna have to change my avatar.

brownjenkin

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 129
« Reply #2368 on: January 20, 2011, 05:08:56 PM »
Forrest thinks he's on Earth to skateboard. He's not going back home to art school or fucking math school. Back on his board, 24/7. More than I can say for most adult skateboarders, myself included. The dude is sick.

SK8-N-WorshipSatan

« Reply #2369 on: January 20, 2011, 05:22:13 PM »
Bullshit.

Forest realized that Whitely thought he was a prick and since Whitelys judging the thing he tried to act nice.

From what he said it seems like he still has no idea why no one liked him.