Author Topic: Official One In A Million 2010 Thread  (Read 278382 times)

kanton kop killers

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 10
Re: Official One In A Million 2010 Thread
« Reply #2370 on: January 20, 2011, 05:51:35 PM »
pretty sure the dude with the chinos and the vans wins , i mean cmon this is slap

StarkyLove

• Rep: -119
« Reply #2371 on: January 20, 2011, 07:02:18 PM »
I knew it, Forrest is a nice guy. He just went into a competition thinking super competitively.

And he speaks his mind which can rub people the wrong way when you first meet someone.

kappin

« Reply #2372 on: January 20, 2011, 07:04:28 PM »
Hahaha all the people calling Reuben a dickrider just got a rude awakening. Forrest finds out he's a piece of shit and becomes the biggest dickrider ever.

ccc333

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 65
  • ohyeah
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #2373 on: January 20, 2011, 07:07:46 PM »
I think Forrest is just misunderstood.  Dude has lots of passion, confident and is super good.

ChildoftheGhetto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -1323
  • Nathaniel Turner with a burner
« Reply #2374 on: January 20, 2011, 07:17:13 PM »
I think Forrest is just misunderstood.  Dude has lots of passion, confident and is super good.
nail on the head.

Crunchy Nacho

« Reply #2375 on: January 20, 2011, 07:17:46 PM »
That last episode kinda made me feel bad for forrest. ? He should definitly win the contest. ? His skating was sick and everything he said was funny as hell.

ChildoftheGhetto

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2376 on: January 20, 2011, 07:18:14 PM »
I knew it, Forrest is a nice guy. He just went into a competition thinking super competitively.

And he speaks his mind which can rub people the wrong way when you first meet someone.
this, too.

kappin

« Reply #2377 on: January 20, 2011, 07:19:38 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
nail on the head.

dick in the mouth.

Ronald Wilson Reagan

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -936
  • I own Malibu? I am going to fuck you.
« Reply #2378 on: January 20, 2011, 07:20:07 PM »
 I don't know man. Cockiness and confidence are not the same thing. Confidence doesn't hype itself up the way he did, and confident people respect others around them, he was classically cocky.

Paul Rodriguez's opinion of skateboarding is the exact opposite of COTG's.
Forrest came out well in the end. I like the redemption aspect to this year's story. The buying ice cream touch was nice.
Honestly, I think Forrest probably has been kind of cursed with dickriders surrounding him too much. If you are good like forrest you can be a total prick to everybody, and you'll still make a few friends who think you are the shit for being so good, and in turn encourage you to be even cockier, because they will act like you are awesome no matter how you act or what you do (example: that dude "shouldn't")

also, John did plenty of other shit throughout the contest. He was the only one to skate the fence bar thing at the ditch on treasure island and got a 5-0 to fakie on it, also at that spot he got the 180 fakie 5-0 frontside cab out, which was sick, �he was ripping the hardest at all the tranny spots, he fakie ollied that 12 stair, and a lot of it was done with staples in his head. He also was skated pretty fucking fast the whole time.
Not saying he is a clear far and away winner- Forrest and Reuben killed it for sure
Are you a kook? If you would say this, the answer is “YES”
I quit skating for a time due to piling out

h8r episode 3

• Rep: 3
« Reply #2379 on: January 20, 2011, 07:22:19 PM »
shut the fuck up H8R and H8R vol.2

forgot about me did you?  i hate everything about you.  you are the worst dude ever.  i hope you die a horrible death.  you're a little girlie man that needs to hit the gym.  no need for your loser replies, just listen to me now, remember me later.    

ChildoftheGhetto

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2380 on: January 20, 2011, 07:24:11 PM »

Paul Rodriguez's opinion of skateboarding is the exact opposite of COTG's.

It's actually exactly the same. notice when he said you can do handstands all day, he said but people might not think you're awesome. I believe you should skate exactly how you want, but if you're not amazing, you shouldn't be sponsored.

daniel

• Rep: 35
« Reply #2381 on: January 20, 2011, 07:29:56 PM »
Remember when Whiteley used to pop into the thread post-episode to tell some behind-the-scenes stories & dispel the rumours?

I miss that. 

dude

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 5
« Reply #2382 on: January 20, 2011, 07:59:12 PM »
When they asked jon about staples i thought they meant staples center adn i was like "they went to staples center and got tricks! sick!" but then i realized his stupid head thing.

if you look at that whole contest though, the only person who if i heard put out a new part id watch is forrest. although that was wack all that christian shit he said.

ya whenever anyone ever feels like there back is against the wall they're always like "god this" and "god that". fuck that. forest was a douche, had he lightened up a few days before the finals, i'd be like okay he deserves. but its almost as if he was like "okay forest, throw some god bullshit in there, maybe cry a bit, buy some ice cream and i got this shit in the bag". fuck that

Magic Pizza

• Rep: 175
« Reply #2383 on: January 20, 2011, 08:18:52 PM »
Well, it all kinda came together in this one. Forrest became much more identifiable, John flipped his board, and we all got to finally hear Reuben's mating call.

LemonParty

• Rep: -112
« Reply #2384 on: January 20, 2011, 08:26:29 PM »
 john is rad and all but theres so much emphasis on the fucking hill bomb and his staples. get over it, having staples in ur head doesnt make a difference, even if he took another head slam its not like he would die, hed just have to get it restitched up at worse or have a concussion or something, which can happen to any of them. its not like he has a broken arm with no cast and is just being reckless, the level of danger going from no staples to staples in ur head with no head fracture/concussion is nothing that deserves that much recognition.

this Ronald Wilson Reagan guy always brings up this staples/hillbomb in every post like hes some superman for skating with it. only gnarlyness about it is saying "bro i got 10 staples in my head im still skating", but if you look at it from a real perspective hes not putting himself in any more danger because of it.

kappin

« Reply #2385 on: January 20, 2011, 08:42:02 PM »
john is rad and all but theres so much emphasis on the fucking hill bomb and his staples. get over it, having staples in ur head doesnt make a difference, even if he took another head slam its not like he would die, hed just have to get it restitched up at worse or have a concussion or something, which can happen to any of them. its not like he has a broken arm with no cast and is just being reckless, the level of danger going from no staples to staples in ur head with no head fracture/concussion is nothing that deserves that much recognition.

this Ronald Wilson Reagan guy always brings up this staples/hillbomb in every post like hes some superman for skating with it. only gnarlyness about it is saying "bro i got 10 staples in my head im still skating", but if you look at it from a real perspective hes not putting himself in any more danger because of it.

You wouldn't do it, though.

Sgt.Pepper

• Rep: -167
« Reply #2386 on: January 20, 2011, 08:48:07 PM »
matty hunt should of stayed he kills it. best kickflips in the game!!
"I'd be a teenage virgin, jerking off in my bedroom
 if I wasnt a 20 year old virgin that didn't have a bedroom."

krewkruxklan

• Rep: 17
    • SUPRFI$CAL avatar image
« Reply #2387 on: January 20, 2011, 08:49:08 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

You wouldn't do it, though.
i definately wouldnt; but i wouldnt 360 flip 50-50 clipper either...
just saying

cats is nice but I aint seen god since hova spit that navy blue to me
SUPRFI$CAL

oyolar

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 383
« Reply #2388 on: January 20, 2011, 08:50:08 PM »

Did you miss the part where his head got split open to the skull and that's how they know he didn't have a fracture?

penguin meat

« Reply #2389 on: January 20, 2011, 08:53:52 PM »
fuck, I knew that episode was going to be about Forest being nice.  Slap is going to make this into the perfect ending.  Forest wins but gives some of his winning product to the losers.  This shows that he's nice while also not giving a shit while also making him look cool.

ChildoftheGhetto

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2390 on: January 20, 2011, 08:55:47 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Did you miss the part where his head got split open to the skull and that's how they know he didn't have a fracture?
how is that going to affect your skating? unless you're sheckler and doing backslide flips all day, there's like a one in a million chance that you're going to hit your head. Like i said before him having staples in his shin, or a broken wrist or something would make it way gnarlier, than him having staples in a place there's barely a chance it's going to get hit.

jayrolla420

• Rep: -4
« Reply #2391 on: January 20, 2011, 09:01:59 PM »
there are dudes at my local park who are easily just as good if not better than john. i really don't understand the praise for him, he is not that special. fuck this shit.
uhhhhh, i think hes pretty fuckin good look at that first back smith, you think Reuben or Forrest could do that shit? granted he cant do their stuff either, its fuckin sick, ronald reagan said more about it above.

Yeah cant hate on forrest now, redeemed, im a fan

ChildoftheGhetto

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2392 on: January 20, 2011, 09:07:07 PM »
i don't know about rueben, but forrest could definitely do all of that, except the skatepark line, but that's only because he doesn't skate transition.

Gomez

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -441
« Reply #2393 on: January 20, 2011, 09:11:34 PM »
yeah based on john's footage, he seems like he's really good, but damn, he was very unimpressive all week. the only trick i liked that he did at prod's park was the back nosegrind revert on the hubba. so basically what i'm saying is that-- based on his video-- since john won and is now on flow for some company, i could see him putting out some good shit in the future, BUT based on the shit done at the contest, john shouldn't even have been in the top 3.

forrest was giving people props throughout the week, john is still bitter that forrest left him hanging.

lawnguyland

« Reply #2394 on: January 20, 2011, 09:15:14 PM »
A few Things...

That was a Full Cab Heel that John did, not Nollie (not that im taking anything away from it, its still sick. I just saw like 3 people say it was Nollie)

Also, everyone is acting like they personally know these people based on like an accumulated hour worth of video. Just because they did/didn't do certain tricks in this doesn't mean that they cant. and just because they where portrayed a certain way in a 6 minute web clip doesnt mean that you know these people. and they also spent an entire week with each other from the time they woke up to the time they went to sleep, so if they have an opinion about one another and someone bitches about it, I am sure that they would know a little more then some random kid on slap that watched a couple web clips. Idk, it just kinda gets under my skin the way that everyone talks like they really know any of these kids (or pretty much anyone in skateboarding) when in reality all you did was watch a few webclips. Theres people that ive been around several times and I still wouldnt talk like that about them because I dont really know them besides what ive seen a few times, for all you all know these kids are absolutely nothing like they where portrayed in these videos.  I mean, have your opinion or whatever, thats fine but it gets rediculous when people are like "No, so and so is a dick rider and cant do this trick and blah blah blah" when really you know nothing about these people.

And I keep seeing "i hope ____ wins" or like "_____ should win" ect...Does everyone not already know that John won?

TXJDOT

• Rep: 0
« Reply #2395 on: January 20, 2011, 09:23:21 PM »

And I keep seeing "i hope ____ wins" or like "_____ should win" ect...Does everyone not already know that John won?

I didn't but now I guess I do... also where was this said/heard?

lawnguyland

« Reply #2396 on: January 20, 2011, 09:24:44 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

i think forrest said it a few times on facebook or something like that and i read it somewhere else too

TXJDOT

• Rep: 0
« Reply #2397 on: January 20, 2011, 09:36:36 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

i think forrest said it a few times on facebook or something like that and i read it somewhere else too

I just did some hard lurking and found the wall posts you were talking about BUT I have a hard time believing John won as I can't think of anything memorable from him except the hill bomb to head staple. If Forrest doesn't win I would expect Reuben to win.  I wouldn't be surprised if Forrest was lying to everyone to make the last episode more interesting for everyone. ALSO this years OIAM wasn't as debatable as last years David VS Tom IMO
« Last Edit: January 20, 2011, 09:40:07 PM by TXJDOT »

ChildoftheGhetto

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2398 on: January 20, 2011, 09:38:17 PM »
he didn't have one of the sponsors boards when i saw him. Highly doubt he would lie about losing.

S. Samyro

• Rep: 12
  • Oh, you handsome devil.
« Reply #2399 on: January 20, 2011, 09:46:16 PM »
I think Forest has Asperger's.