Author Topic: Official One In A Million 2010 Thread  (Read 278276 times)

ChildoftheGhetto

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -1322
  • Nathaniel Turner with a burner
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Re: Official One In A Million 2010 Thread
« Reply #2640 on: January 25, 2011, 11:05:53 AM »
Expand Quote
Some of you guys are making way too much of the staples in the head thing... I had 8 staples in the head once and it was no big deal at all. They were slightly irratating and itchy. They in no way indicate that John was "gnarly".
[close]

skating with staples in your head is kinda ballsy though. it makes the chance of hitting your head again that much more dangerous.
it was a gnarly risk when john skated with them, and it was also a gnarly risk when you, sir nocomply, skated with them.
I see it as dangerous as skating vert without pads.
(and before someone replies me that tons of people skate huge tranny without pads, I know dumbass. doesn't mean that isn't gnarly too.)
Who is just hitting their head on a regular basis? the average skater hits his head 1 or 2 times throughout his whole life. If hitting your head was a regular occurrence, it would be gnarly, but it's not.

Hercules Rockefeller

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -13
  • i`m a double-bacon-genius-burger.
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #2641 on: January 25, 2011, 11:14:35 AM »
the skin on your head applies extreme pressure under these conditions, you feel every jump, everytime you contract your body. that hurts or at least is incredibly annoying/disturbing. especially if you are in the middle of doing crazy stunts on a skatingboard.

Slowerpide

• Rep: 1
  • yeah
« Reply #2642 on: January 25, 2011, 11:17:20 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Some of you guys are making way too much of the staples in the head thing... I had 8 staples in the head once and it was no big deal at all. They were slightly irratating and itchy. They in no way indicate that John was "gnarly".
[close]

skating with staples in your head is kinda ballsy though. it makes the chance of hitting your head again that much more dangerous.
it was a gnarly risk when john skated with them, and it was also a gnarly risk when you, sir nocomply, skated with them.
(and before someone replies me that tons of people skate huge tranny without pads, I know dumbass. doesn't mean that isn't gnarly too.)
[close]
Who is just hitting their head on a regular basis? the average skater hits his head 1 or 2 times throughout his whole life. If hitting your head was a regular occurrence, it would be gnarly, but it's not.
Tha fuck?

Alan

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2549
« Reply #2643 on: January 25, 2011, 11:19:57 AM »
That's a prime example of doublespeak.
Hosin' out the cab of his pickup truck
He's got his 8-track playin' really fuckin' loud

kappin

« Reply #2644 on: January 25, 2011, 11:20:11 AM »
^Don't bother.

I'm glad Jon mentioned in one of the first episodes how he loves bombing hills and he's gonna be like a kid in a candy store in SF, because now all you retards calling him stupid for trying that hill look like exactly what you are: retards. He obviously wasn't doing it to try to look gnarly, he was doing it because it looked fun. You think he didn't see the house at the bottom? Of course he did, you fucks.
Here's a clue: if you ever find yourself not trying something gnarly because it's dangerous, it's because you're a bigger pussy than Jon, not because you're smarter. Eat a dick.

Brent212

« Reply #2645 on: January 25, 2011, 11:27:14 AM »
i preferred everyones skating over forrests.� he does the same tricks that everyone else does on the same boring obstacles that everyone else does them on.� he has no originality whatsoever.� different strokes for different folks.

Muthafucking TRUTH. The guy gets like 5 tricks through the whole week and people want to throw a bukaki party for him. Yeah, there's no arguing that he's incredibly good at big drops and handrails, and that the shit he did was super fucking difficult. But I don't get entertained by something purely because it's difficult. Doing a one footed gainer with your eyes closed down a bunch of stairs is probably pretty hard, but I'm not going to want to watch it... actually, that's a bad example because I wouldn't mind seeing someone do a gainer down some stairs. But roller blading looks nasty as fuck and I even get a little second hand embarrassment from watching it, but I'm sure some of that shit's tough to do. Doing some kooky Todd Falcon balancing your board on your foot thing while you skip down the stairs, switching the board between your feet, would probably be real challenging, but it looks lame and no one's going to be throwing down cash to watch that part.

I'd rather watch Reuben's clipper flip 5-0 or Matty's shove to crooks at that ditch... or even John's fakie ollie down those stairs or one of Mango's lines, than one of Forrest's token tricks down 15 stairs. And I'll believe that any one of Forrest's tricks is harder than all of those others combined. And even if you want to say that the shit he's doing isn't "standard"... for instance, I'll admit that a 360 flip to 50 isn't at all a standard trick, and it seems retardedly hard (especially down clipper). But it also looks fucking regular and I won't be bummed if I never see another.

bakingsoda

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 20
« Reply #2646 on: January 25, 2011, 11:49:34 AM »
Expand Quote
i preferred everyones skating over forrests.? he does the same tricks that everyone else does on the same boring obstacles that everyone else does them on.? he has no originality whatsoever.? different strokes for different folks.
[close]

Muthafucking TRUTH. The guy gets like 5 tricks through the whole week and people want to throw a bukaki party for him. Yeah, there's no arguing that he's incredibly good at big drops and handrails, and that the shit he did was super fucking difficult. But I don't get entertained by something purely because it's difficult. Doing a one footed gainer with your eyes closed down a bunch of stairs is probably pretty hard, but I'm not going to want to watch it... actually, that's a bad example because I wouldn't mind seeing someone do a gainer down some stairs. But roller blading looks nasty as fuck and I even get a little second hand embarrassment from watching it, but I'm sure some of that shit's tough to do. Doing some kooky Todd Falcon balancing your board on your foot thing while you skip down the stairs, switching the board between your feet, would probably be real challenging, but it looks lame and no one's going to be throwing down cash to watch that part.

I'd rather watch Reuben's clipper flip 5-0 or Matty's shove to crooks at that ditch... or even John's fakie ollie down those stairs or one of Mango's lines, than one of Forrest's token tricks down 15 stairs. And I'll believe that any one of Forrest's tricks is harder than all of those others combined. And even if you want to say that the shit he's doing isn't "standard"... for instance, I'll admit that a 360 flip to 50 isn't at all a standard trick, and it seems retardedly hard (especially down clipper). But it also looks fucking regular and I won't be bummed if I never see another.
Wait, what? How is that not a "lame" trick and switch back hell is? They're both tricks down the same set. You're an idiot.

On another note it's good to here all that news about how everyone's doing since the contest from Whitely. I'm stoked Matty's getting hooked up and I'm stoked for the upcoming Forrest interview.

nocomply

• Rep: 147
  • Handsome
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #2647 on: January 25, 2011, 11:56:35 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
Did you get them by bombing a ridiculous hill? And doing big shit with staples in your head makes everything more risky obviously...
I WAS sleigh riding when it happened.. so I guess you could say I was bombing a hill. My friend tried to jump over me when I was going really fast and his knee clipped my head so hard that my skin burst open. THAT was painful. It bled like crazy. BUT no, worst case scenario the staples would pop out and you'd have to get it fixed again, not really a big deal.

Brent212

« Reply #2648 on: January 25, 2011, 12:11:16 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
Wait, what? How is that not a "lame" trick and switch back hell is? They're both tricks down the same set.

I'm just giving my opinion. I'd rather watch a fakie ollie. I doubt I could explain very well why that is, it just is. When I see the fakie ollie, I'm like "I'd like to do that." When I see the switch back heel I'm like "eh... crazy shit, but I'll pass". I almost would say that it's because I like to watch people do shit that I can do, but that can't be right, because I love a big fs flip down some stairs and I can't do that shit. Maybe I just like seeing shit that I would like to be able to do.

I'm not super stoked on the fakie ollie either, actually liked Matty's nollie the best at that spot. I was just looking for a trick by John down some stairs because if I said I liked his crail at the flowershop I'd get the obligatory "John just does mediocre tranny moves" response, or "you're just a transition skater so you like John" which is false because (a) I try to be as well rounded a skater as I can be, and (b) Matty and Reuben were my favorites in this shit.

You're an idiot.

Thanks, faggot.

NowhereInLife

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2649 on: January 25, 2011, 12:15:15 PM »
One In A Million tricks.

Not a few kids in every town tricks.

jus sayin.

shouldn't

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 73
« Reply #2650 on: January 25, 2011, 12:18:29 PM »
Expand Quote
i preferred everyones skating over forrests.? he does the same tricks that everyone else does on the same boring obstacles that everyone else does them on.? he has no originality whatsoever.? different strokes for different folks.
[close]

hahahahhahahahahhahahahahhaa wow. you act like forrest skated a bunch of shit that noone else skated? he skated one spot that noone else got a trick on, no way of proving noone else tryed to skate it on here without mark's say so &, it was that rail he did 5050 on. just because they made a bigger deal out of him doing the best tricks at certain spots doesn't mean they didn't or wouldn't for anyone else? rueben's ollie was played over & over same with most anything john did in general... they made a whole episode out of him bombing a hill into a house which you can say wasn't to show off but, it obviously was. there was 3 people trying that ollie, the other 2 could obviously have done it i think they were just hesitant because of the fucking gnarly hill.... so john had to go be the cool guy to ollie it first & then instead of just jumping off or powersliding to stop, he bombs the whole thing into a house? something he knew wasn't going to work out for him.... & he wanted to be the cool guy & take the risk of getting broke the fuck off or even dying... yes skateboarding is a risk & you can get hurt doing any trick but bombing a huge, steep hill straight into a house is not talent or being ballsy... it's called being stupid. it's like being a shitty driver..... not cool. & to say, "oh yeah it was tight when this dude did a shittier trick at that spot but not when this dude got one of the best tricks ever done there" is just plain stupid & isn't even opinionated it's just trying way too hard to have an opinon... you really can't say "oh yeah i like this more because it's easier" that is fucking stupid you are just saying that because you suck & the best shit you could prolly do is a nollie down some shit or a tailside on a bank so ofourse you "think" that's the coolest shit... you are a bigger tool the the fuckin gipper

imagine fucking the dog shit outta chris roberts

Brent212

« Reply #2651 on: January 25, 2011, 12:29:14 PM »
hahahahhahahahahhahahahahhaa wow. you act like forrest skated a bunch of shit that noone else skated? he skated one spot that noone else got a trick on, no way of proving noone else tryed to skate it on here without mark's say so &, it was that rail he did 5050 on. just because they made a bigger deal out of him doing the best tricks at certain spots doesn't mean they didn't or wouldn't for anyone else? rueben's ollie was played over & over same with most anything john did in general... they made a whole episode out of him bombing a hill into a house which you can say wasn't to show off but, it obviously was. there was 3 people trying that ollie, the other 2 could obviously have done it i think they were just hesitant because of the fucking gnarly hill.... so john had to go be the cool guy to ollie it first & then instead of just jumping off or powersliding to stop, he bombs the whole thing into a house? something he knew wasn't going to work out for him.... & he wanted to be the cool guy & take the risk of getting broke the fuck off or even dying... yes skateboarding is a risk & you can get hurt doing any trick but bombing a huge, steep hill straight into a house is not talent or being ballsy... it's called being stupid. it's like being a shitty driver..... not cool. & to say, "oh yeah it was tight when this dude did a shittier trick at that spot but not when this dude got one of the best tricks ever done there" is just plain stupid & isn't even opinionated it's just trying way too hard to have an opinon... you really can't say "oh yeah i like this more because it's easier" that is fucking stupid you are just saying that because you suck & the best shit you could prolly do is a nollie down some shit or a tailside on a bank so ofourse you "think" that's the coolest shit... you are a bigger tool the the fuckin gipper

I don't like watching your friend skate. You should cry about it more.

MustardTigerPhilCollins

• Rep: 6
  • Jesus was Batman
« Reply #2652 on: January 25, 2011, 12:32:25 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
Wait, what? How is that not a "lame" trick and switch back hell is? They're both tricks down the same set.
[close]

I'm just giving my opinion. I'd rather watch a fakie ollie. I doubt I could explain very well why that is, it just is. When I see the fakie ollie, I'm like "I'd like to do that." When I see the switch back heel I'm like "eh... crazy shit, but I'll pass". I almost would say that it's because I like to watch people do shit that I can do, but that can't be right, because I love a big fs flip down some stairs and I can't do that shit. Maybe I just like seeing shit that I would like to be able to do.

I'm not super stoked on the fakie ollie either, actually liked Matty's nollie the best at that spot. I was just looking for a trick by John down some stairs because if I said I liked his crail at the flowershop I'd get the obligatory "John just does mediocre tranny moves" response, or "you're just a transition skater so you like John" which is false because (a) I try to be as well rounded a skater as I can be, and (b) Matty and Reuben were my favorites in this shit.

Expand Quote
You're an idiot.
[close]

Thanks, faggot.

I don't know what universe you're in if you prefer a fakie ollie to a sw back heel. Just dumb.

GatorsGhost

• Rep: 116
    • Chilogy avatar image
« Reply #2653 on: January 25, 2011, 12:39:01 PM »
This might be the only reality show without a hot tub.

bakingsoda

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2654 on: January 25, 2011, 12:46:55 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

Expand Quote
You're an idiot.
[close]

Thanks, faggot.
[close]

I don't know what universe you're in if you prefer a fakie ollie to a sw back heel. Just dumb.
He just had to think of something to cover up his contradiction.

Slowerpide

• yeah
« Reply #2655 on: January 25, 2011, 12:50:40 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
Yeah, because shitty driving is obviously done for fun purposes.

shouldn't

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2656 on: January 25, 2011, 01:08:10 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

everyone agrees that your opinion makes absoultley no sence. peple may think i'm an idiot on here or disagree with what i say but, atleast i have an opinion that isn't made up. you're just saying stupid shit to sound like everyone else, noone prefers shitty tricks over good tricks, period. & the guy saying "oh yeah, driving shitty is fun though".... that doesn't take away from it being stupid as fuck. everyone knows that. i didn't say it's not fun to drive fast or to bomb a gnarly hill into a house, i just said it was stupid. you're lying if you don't think "wow what a fucking idiot" inside your head everytime someone speeds past you or you see someone going way over the speed limit... you only think it's fun when you are the one doing it.. you can't say somethings coller either because it is more dangerous but then at the same time say that a nollie is cooler then a switch back heel because a harder trick is more dangerous period.

Slowerpide

• yeah
« Reply #2657 on: January 25, 2011, 01:17:26 PM »
I was actually being sarcastic, actual shitty driving (that's what you said, but maybe i'm just misunderstanding you) isn't done for fun.

Ofcourse, the hill bomb was stupid. But still, can't really be compared to someone driving dangerously (putting other people in danger...). Gotta give it to him though, it was for sure stupid, but it also takes some balls and yeah, he had fun.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2011, 01:19:24 PM by Slowerpide »

bandini

« Reply #2658 on: January 25, 2011, 01:22:16 PM »
Well, thanks to this thread I just googled "bukaki party" and learned me a little something new today...

StarkyLove

• Rep: -119
« Reply #2659 on: January 25, 2011, 01:23:10 PM »
i can't even name any tricks john did this contest besides cracking his head open. He didn't even do a flip trick until prod's park.

i can name multiple things forrest, rueben, and even matty did.

thread over.

ChildoftheGhetto

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2660 on: January 25, 2011, 01:24:34 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
[close]
Tha fuck?
are you an idiot? the chances that you'll hit your head skating are so slim that it doesn't matter that you have staples in your head. Skating with a huge gash in your shin and doing flip tricks is gnarlier than skating with staples in your head.

pizzafliptofakie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1960
« Reply #2661 on: January 25, 2011, 01:30:28 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
everyone agrees that your opinion makes absoultley no sence. peple may think i'm an idiot on here or disagree with what i say but, atleast i have an opinion that isn't made up. you're just saying stupid shit to sound like everyone else, noone prefers shitty tricks over good tricks, period. & the guy saying "oh yeah, driving shitty is fun though".... that doesn't take away from it being stupid as fuck. everyone knows that. i didn't say it's not fun to drive fast or to bomb a gnarly hill into a house, i just said it was stupid. you're lying if you don't think "wow what a fucking idiot" inside your head everytime someone speeds past you or you see someone going way over the speed limit... you only think it's fun when you are the one doing it.. you can't say somethings coller either because it is more dangerous but then at the same time say that a nollie is cooler then a switch back heel because a harder trick is more dangerous period.

That's so sweet of you to stick up for you man like that. I hope he appreciates the relationship you two share with each other, because you treat him so well!

Ball Chinian

• Rep: 11
« Reply #2662 on: January 25, 2011, 01:32:34 PM »
what is up with all these gay ass commie rationalizations for fitz winning?  dude did third best and came in first because it's "his time" and he's a shinning example for the people to emulate?  reuben doesn't win because he is a skillfully well-off bourgeoisie and therefore doesn't need it?  forrest loses because he doesn't skate everything for the greater good of fun?  i should have expected this from a bunch of sf hipsters.  karl marx would be proud.
Sperm count down but sperm size up.  I think they've been eating each other.

Joey Crack

• Rep: -3
« Reply #2663 on: January 25, 2011, 01:40:47 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

i havent even needed to post anything because you have been taking the words right out of my mouth...the kids an idiot trying to sound like everyone else that likes john more than forrest so he probably just read some forums and stole a buncha people ideas about john and mixed them around....serioulsy who likes a fakie ollie over sw. back heel...and the ollie after bombing the hill woulda been sick.....if he LANDED it but he didnt and it showed him trying it like 4 times he definetly didnt deserve to win more than forest or rueben i dont even think he shoulda been in the top three matty was the sickes oone on the show and ripped it just as hard as forrest did it was all a buncha slap politics voting for what they wanted to happen

Slowerpide

• yeah
« Reply #2664 on: January 25, 2011, 01:46:27 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
[close]
Tha fuck?
[close]
are you an idiot? the chances that you'll hit your head skating are so slim that it doesn't matter that you have staples in your head. Skating with a huge gash in your shin and doing flip tricks is gnarlier than skating with staples in your head.
Maybe in theory, yes. But I can't imagine not feeling paranoid about doing big stuff with a cut so fucking deep that it shows your skull...

ChildoftheGhetto

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2665 on: January 25, 2011, 01:51:34 PM »
 you don't skateboard, so you don't realize that hitting your head is something that you don't even have to think about, because chances are, it isn't going to happen.

Slowerpide

• yeah
« Reply #2666 on: January 25, 2011, 01:55:23 PM »
you don't skateboard, so you don't realize that hitting your head is something that you don't even have to think about, because chances are, it isn't going to happen.
Just like how you are probably not going to fail that final exam that you've studied for that bad (I dont know if this is an appropriate metaphor while talking to someone called ChildoftheGhetto), but you're still stressed.

And I think you're kind of underestimating this, when you have 10 staples in your head, you don't actually have to hit it for it to hurt...

Also, I do skateboard.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2011, 02:06:11 PM by Slowerpide »

alittleethnicsong

« Reply #2667 on: January 25, 2011, 02:05:33 PM »
All of the pages since they announced the winner, have indisputably contained the most coherent and important comments in these 90 pages--way to go guys!

Why don't one of you try calling the other an "idiot." They won't see that coming.

Personally, I think Forrest lost because there is clearly some "miscegenation in his heritage," and I hear the ACLU is getting involved...

..."confirmed!"

shouldn't

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2668 on: January 25, 2011, 02:06:44 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
[close]

i havent even needed to post anything because you have been taking the words right out of my mouth...the kids an idiot trying to sound like everyone else that likes john more than forrest so he probably just read some forums and stole a buncha people ideas about john and mixed them around....serioulsy who likes a fakie ollie over sw. back heel...and the ollie after bombing the hill woulda been sick.....if he LANDED it but he didnt and it showed him trying it like 4 times he definetly didnt deserve to win more than forest or rueben i dont even think he shoulda been in the top three matty was the sickes oone on the show and ripped it just as hard as forrest did it was all a buncha slap politics voting for what they wanted to happen
exactly. people think anyone that argues with john winning is just upset that forrest didn't win, which is wrong. if matty or rueben would have won, i would be stoked but, the dude that did the worst in the contest right next to nik (in my opinion) is the dude that wins. you can't get rewarded for thinking outside the box when you don't complete the action. yeah it was cool to ollie over that shit into the hill & bomb it but, he bombed it right into a fuckin house so to me, that does not count.. it's like landing a trick & getting hit by a fucking bus. doesn't count, sucks for him but, doesn't count. same with bombing the hill trying to ollie the double set, cool way of going about that but, also does not count cause he didn't do it first off & second off someone else already did...... also, you guys making it sound like "oh he skated the whole contest with staples in his head he could of gotten hurt".. good point.... i guess it is all of our faults that he chose to bomb a hill straight into a pillar with his head?

Brent212

« Reply #2669 on: January 25, 2011, 02:18:29 PM »
Expand Quote
and the ollie after bombing the hill woulda been sick.....if he LANDED it but he didnt and it showed him trying it like 4 times he definetly didnt deserve to win more than forest or rueben i dont even think he shoulda been in the top three matty was the sickes oone on the show and ripped it just as hard as forrest did it was all a buncha slap politics voting for what they wanted to happen
[close]
exactly. people think anyone that argues with john winning is just upset that forrest didn't win, which is wrong. if matty or rueben would have won, i would be stoked but, the dude that did the worst in the contest right next to nik (in my opinion) is the dude that wins. you can't get rewarded for thinking outside the box when you don't complete the action. yeah it was cool to ollie over that shit into the hill & bomb it but, he bombed it right into a fuckin house so to me, that does not count.. it's like landing a trick & getting hit by a fucking bus. doesn't count, sucks for him but, doesn't count. same with bombing the hill trying to ollie the double set, cool way of going about that but, also does not count cause he didn't do it first off & second off someone else already did...... also, you guys making it sound like "oh he skated the whole contest with staples in his head he could of gotten hurt".. good point.... i guess it is all of our faults that he chose to bomb a hill straight into a pillar with his head?

Jesus, you kids sure are obsessed with the hill bombing and the staples.