Author Topic: Fitness/Gym Thread  (Read 31083 times)

Sleazy

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 230
  • tiger style
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Re: Fitness/Gym Thread
« Reply #300 on: May 27, 2020, 06:11:39 PM »
This morning I got my best 5k since I started running 3 weeks ago. Started on May 4th at 29:21 and now at 26:13 this morning.

Feels good to see progress.

that's a good time man, congrats

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1128
« Reply #301 on: May 27, 2020, 11:33:41 PM »
Yeah, sick....I find using one of those apps helps a lot letting you know how far you've gone and your time....

FappleDapple

• Rep: 0
« Reply #302 on: May 29, 2020, 10:03:39 AM »
Ummm hey Im kinda noob to this forum so forgive me if this has been asked before.

What are some exercises to help keep your feet landing on the bolts every time?

Mog

• Rep: -164
« Reply #303 on: May 29, 2020, 10:10:03 AM »
Ummm hey Im kinda noob to this forum so forgive me if this has been asked before.

What are some exercises to help keep your feet landing on the bolts every time?

following the G code

Ordered pre-owned t shirts online that are kinda sick (2 Simpsons tees, Joy Division and Cro-Mags tees, and a shirt with a native american girl staring into flames) . I usually wear flannels so my t-shirt game w

whale

• Rep: 106
« Reply #304 on: August 03, 2022, 08:10:34 AM »
Sooo started running again a few weeks so I bought an apple watch to keep track of distance/speed etc.
I also use it when cycling to work and skating.
Its raining rn so I browsed some workouts on my phone.
 I skated a couple hrs yesterday and according to my phone I burned about 1300 kcal during that time! A fifteen minute run burns about 200, riding my bike to work a 100.
Is this possible?
Does anybody else track their skating?
What kind of readings do you get?

apport

• Rep: 85
« Reply #305 on: August 03, 2022, 08:47:30 AM »
Sooo started running again a few weeks so I bought an apple watch to keep track of distance/speed etc.
 I skated a couple hrs yesterday and according to my phone I burned about 1300 kcal during that time! A fifteen minute run burns about 200, riding my bike to work a 100.
Is this possible?
last time i skated it was for 30 minutes and i burned almost 400 calories, compared to cycling id have to ride like 8+ miles to get close to that. skating keeps my heart rate consistently higher for longer.

KoRnholio8

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1116
  • SkateMagArchive
    • SkateMagArchive avatar image
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #306 on: August 03, 2022, 01:28:35 PM »
Fitness trackers are notoriously bad at estimating burned calories and an irregular activity like skateboarding would probably confuse the fuck out of the algorithm. My Garmin uses HR to estimate my calories burned during skateboarding and my HR is very low unless it is hot as fuck and therefore I burn almost no calories skateboarding ...

igrindtwinkies

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 139
« Reply #307 on: August 03, 2022, 02:00:49 PM »
I'd think if you had something that's tracking your heart rate it'd be semi-accurate, but if it's just tracking your speed and thinks you are running 15 mph than it's obviously not going to be accurate.

whale

• Rep: 106
« Reply #308 on: August 03, 2022, 02:33:41 PM »
Nah it does monitor my HR, not sure how accurately since its from the wrist. I do get a pretty high heartrate coz I pretty much skate nonstop, and try to do as long lines as possible.
When I set it up for skateboarding it said something along the lines of it being comparable to mild jogging, so the numbers really confuse me.
Maybe its bullshit, maybe not.

Abyss1

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 103
« Reply #309 on: August 03, 2022, 04:21:04 PM »
Expand Quote
Is this possible?
[close]
last time i skated it was for 30 minutes and i burned almost 400 calories, compared to cycling id have to ride like 8+ miles to get close to that. skating keeps my heart rate consistently higher for longer.

Last skate session was 45 min, was just doing basic pool carves, and coping stalls, very little breaks in between.  484 cal burned.  I get the same for a 45 min workout on the stationary bike

apport

• Rep: 85
« Reply #310 on: August 03, 2022, 09:33:26 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Is this possible?
[close]
[close]

Last skate session was 45 min, was just doing basic pool carves, and coping stalls, very little breaks in between.  484 cal burned.  I get the same for a 45 min workout on the stationary bike
stationary is different since youre constantly pedaling, i have a trainer and average like 160/bpm heart rate when im cycling on that, but when im actually riding around its way less and why i burn like 100 cals in 3 miles

Abyss1

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 103
« Reply #311 on: August 04, 2022, 10:45:28 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Is this possible?
[close]
[close]

[close]
stationary is different since youre constantly pedaling, i have a trainer and average like 160/bpm heart rate when im cycling on that, but when im actually riding around its way less and why i burn like 100 cals in 3 miles

not really if your changing the bike tension throughout, also the peloton bike is pretty good with the apple watch sync, i tend to assume the values are good enough since im not training for Tour de France.