Author Topic: Fitness/Gym Thread  (Read 37214 times)

RIDEFLANNELV2

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 50
Re: Fitness/Gym Thread
« Reply #270 on: May 07, 2020, 08:12:17 AM »
Love the running shoe talk. Can't wait to go on runs with my buddies when all of this is over :(

Here Come The Lame Jets

arrbee

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 437
« Reply #271 on: May 07, 2020, 08:24:30 AM »
Love the running shoe talk. Can't wait to go on runs with my buddies when all of this is over :(

I'm a big fan of what Nike is doing in running shoes currently. My go to is the zoom fly 3, my low speed and recovery runs are in the react infinity run flyknit
Quote from: DaveFuck
youre fucking FRIED if you think im gonna listen to dan corrigan talk about cariuma

RIDEFLANNELV2

« Reply #272 on: May 07, 2020, 08:45:42 AM »
The infinity reacts felt pretty good when I tried them on. But, not really into Nike running shoes personally and I'm not a fan of carbon plated shoes in any form. The pegasus is a classic obviously and I like the Zoom Streak LT for flats.

Here Come The Lame Jets

arrbee

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 437
« Reply #273 on: May 07, 2020, 09:18:55 AM »
The infinity reacts felt pretty good when I tried them on. But, not really into Nike running shoes personally and I'm not a fan of carbon plated shoes in any form. The pegasus is a classic obviously and I like the Zoom Streak LT for flats.

I have a few versions of pegs, but I think I'm going to stick to infinity's now. I was against the carbon thing too for a bit until I tried them. Picked up some zoomflys for cheap at an outlet and could tell the difference first run. They felt great, ran at what I thought was my normal pace, got to the end of a 10 mile run and noticed there was a few minutes shaved off of my normal time. I'm down almost 2 minutes on my average mile time since switching, is it the shoes? Who knows but I'll take.
Quote from: DaveFuck
youre fucking FRIED if you think im gonna listen to dan corrigan talk about cariuma

RIDEFLANNELV2

« Reply #274 on: May 07, 2020, 09:34:12 AM »
The real question is who is on strava?

Here Come The Lame Jets

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1578
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #275 on: May 07, 2020, 09:59:57 AM »
I always laugh at skating in that running didn't allow Nike and Adidas taking over.....that said. My buddy works at the adidas store so I got some ultra boosts....

I was looking at some trail shoes and that Pegasus is what the kids say.....fire....

Yushin Okami

• Rep: 115
« Reply #276 on: May 07, 2020, 01:31:25 PM »
Just started running a couple of weeks ago as a way to stay active during all of this and I'm really enjoy it. Been doing 3-4 days a week (averaging 5-7 miles per run). Wish I had some better trails to do it on but I don't mind exploring the city either.
We all know you have two sexy anthropomorphic wolves who buttfuck each other on the bottom of your board.

RIDEFLANNELV2

« Reply #277 on: May 07, 2020, 02:42:51 PM »
Yes. Trails are where it's at. Unfortunately, in my state, outside of state parks, nearly all of the trails are closed down currently. No trails through national parks, forests, etc. are open. I can't wait to get back to the mountains.

Here Come The Lame Jets

Algar

• Rep: 28
« Reply #278 on: May 07, 2020, 07:30:39 PM »
We may have to get a slap pals club on strava. 

I would do it but I’m a dumbass

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1578
« Reply #279 on: May 07, 2020, 10:45:06 PM »
I always worry about doing my ankle in on trails....

KoRnholio8

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1488
  • SkateMagArchive
    • SkateMagArchive avatar image
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #280 on: May 07, 2020, 11:33:01 PM »
you guys don't worry about running eating away your ability to pop high?

RIDEFLANNELV2

« Reply #281 on: May 08, 2020, 05:48:48 AM »

Letssssgoooo

https://www.strava.com/clubs/SLAP-PALS-RUNNING-CLUB

Here Come The Lame Jets

Yushin Okami

• Rep: 115
« Reply #282 on: May 08, 2020, 07:57:14 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Letssssgoooo

Joined.
We all know you have two sexy anthropomorphic wolves who buttfuck each other on the bottom of your board.

Lorem_Ipsum

• Rep: 18
« Reply #283 on: May 08, 2020, 10:19:08 AM »
Anyone here riding bikes for cardio/fitness/mental clarity? I'm lucky enough to be able to commute by bike during the work week, and head out on longer rides when time permits. Finding lots of other skaters who enjoy long bike rides has been great, and there seems to be more and more every week.

Would be down to get in on a slap-strava group with others if there is enough of us.

TastyBurrito

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 538
« Reply #284 on: May 08, 2020, 10:27:39 AM »
I've been doing most of my rides on my trainer. I should take my bike out more often.

I'd be down for a SLAP cycling Strava. Doubt I'd put up any impressive numbers tho.

jack burton

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 158
« Reply #285 on: May 08, 2020, 04:40:10 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

Letssssgoooo

[close]

Joined.
I’ll prob join after I get some running shoes. Also would be down for a cycling one like others have said.

KoRnholio8

• SLAP Pal
  • SkateMagArchive
« Reply #286 on: May 22, 2020, 02:16:07 AM »
Just came to obvious idea that you could train for greater pop by ollieing onto a platform like a mid size stage or something with a weighted vest (jumping over something would put too much strain on your knees and ankles on landing).

Google suggest that this is common technique for increasing an athlete's vertical jump, so it should work. Too bad I don't have much disposable income to test the theory out.

iKobrakai

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -717
« Reply #287 on: May 22, 2020, 02:43:33 AM »
Just came to obvious idea that you could train for greater pop by ollieing onto a platform like a mid size stage or something with a weighted vest (jumping over something would put too much strain on your knees and ankles on landing).

Google suggest that this is common technique for increasing an athlete's vertical jump, so it should work. Too bad I don't have much disposable income to test the theory out.

Don't know if true but heard that vertical jump is genetic and can't really be trained much. That's why they test it in NFL Combine, right?

Anyway, maxed out squat at 315 lbs. and bench at 235 lbs. Dead lift tomorrow, hope for 450, but we'll see.

Body weight (some parts fat) 174 lbs.

Oh yeah, getting older and this whole year been ridden with small injuries. But we'll keep pushing it.

KoRnholio8

• SLAP Pal
  • SkateMagArchive
« Reply #288 on: May 22, 2020, 12:02:47 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Don't know if true but heard that vertical jump is genetic and can't really be trained much. That's why they test it in NFL Combine, right?

Anyway, maxed out squat at 315 lbs. and bench at 235 lbs. Dead lift tomorrow, hope for 450, but we'll see.

Oh yeah, getting older and this whole year been ridden with small injuries. But we'll keep pushing it.

After a quick google search: it is very much genetically predisposed, but it can be increased from that base is any case.

Sleazy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 261
  • tiger style
« Reply #289 on: May 22, 2020, 01:36:00 PM »
Anyone here riding bikes for cardio/fitness/mental clarity? I'm lucky enough to be able to commute by bike during the work week, and head out on longer rides when time permits. Finding lots of other skaters who enjoy long bike rides has been great, and there seems to be more and more every week.

Would be down to get in on a slap-strava group with others if there is enough of us.

i've been doing a ton. i brought a new mountain bike when virus started and have been going most days. i live in a really great neighborhood with pretty amazing set of trails though so it's been kind of easy. i don't really do long rides though. lately i just go to this one trail, practice jumping for 20 mins or so to warm up on this little dirt kicker at the bottom and then climb to the top of the hill and bomb it.

iKobrakai

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #290 on: May 22, 2020, 01:45:57 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

After a quick google search: it is very much genetically predisposed, but it can be increased from that base is any case.

Ah, I see.

Buck Russell

• Rep: -318
  • Bug or gnat?
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #291 on: May 22, 2020, 05:06:14 PM »
you have to be the absolute stupidest person on a website inhabited almost completley by idiots.

congratulations.

Olabade

• Rep: -46
« Reply #292 on: May 22, 2020, 11:54:03 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Good lifts!

I’m around same weight (no fat) with 270 bench, 335 squat and 365 dead lift. All time pr’s from way back are around 45 lbs higher on all lifts.

I’m doing push/pull/legs and hitting gym around 5 times a week. Focusing now on lower body strength so I do some leg stuff also on push/pull days.

I didn’t lift at all for over ten years.

Keep it up!

KoRnholio8

• SLAP Pal
  • SkateMagArchive
« Reply #293 on: May 23, 2020, 12:27:17 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
you have to be the absolute stupidest person on a website inhabited almost completley by idiots.

congratulations.

This comes from a pretty good skateboarder in our country who is known for his pop. Told me that his pop diminished when he was running regularly. It makes sense if you trained your leg muscles for efficiency rather than power.

iKobrakai

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #294 on: May 23, 2020, 02:21:51 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

Good lifts!

I’m around same weight (no fat) with 270 bench, 335 squat and 365 dead lift. All time pr’s from way back are around 45 lbs higher on all lifts.

I’m doing push/pull/legs and hitting gym around 5 times a week. Focusing now on lower body strength so I do some leg stuff also on push/pull days.

I didn’t lift at all for over ten years.

Keep it up!

Sweet, my man! Fell a bit short, 446 lbs. But any PR is good PR.

Krile

• Rep: -91
  • I train moogles
« Reply #295 on: May 23, 2020, 04:59:45 AM »
this thread is meaningless without arm pics
I'm normally against vibing and the like but Idk anymore with these perved out anime kids. Now I think we need to go back to robbing kids boards at gunpoint if they show up to the spot. Wheres young Stevi

brycickle

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 155
« Reply #296 on: May 24, 2020, 12:17:42 PM »
this thread is meaningless without arm pics
Bro, do you even curl?

You and the D00D have turned this thread into a horrible head-on-collision between a short bus full of regular kids and a van full of paraplegics.

TheBoognish

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 129
« Reply #297 on: May 24, 2020, 01:41:23 PM »
This morning I got my best 5k since I started running 3 weeks ago. Started on May 4th at 29:21 and now at 26:13 this morning.

Feels good to see progress.

IUTSM

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1381
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #298 on: May 24, 2020, 07:19:54 PM »

You've gotta be careful with added weight, especially if you're on your toes. Training for a half marathon when i was 25, I was averaging 6:40 miles when I decided to run with some weight. See ya later R arch, see ya later running.

Athletes have professional trainers and experts to help them along. It's their job. I wouldn't risk trying to skate with added weight. Just practice ollieing higher... 
Well-defined ambiguity, I'm already on somebody's list as a casualty

Grind King Rims

« Reply #299 on: May 27, 2020, 07:43:42 AM »
So you reckon Nike Pegasus are worth the purchase?