Author Topic: The Radio thread  (Read 1070 times)

MaryhillVibe

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 151
  • gfm
    • www.mudozine.com avatar image
The Radio thread
« on: December 11, 2010, 01:56:59 PM »
What are your favourite radio stations/shows.

Be they local, digital, live stream, AM, FM, pirate...

right now Im feinding Mark Lammar's BBC Radio 2 show "god jukebox", its one of the most eclectic and consistantly brilliant shows I have ever heard, presided over by someone who not only knows thier shit but cares about good programing. I couldnt ask for much more really!

magicstickyhand

• Rep: 1
Re: The Radio thread
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2010, 02:23:45 PM »
pirate radios are from god.
i think i was,anyways

ScreamingHand

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 19
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2010, 04:07:01 PM »
xm

The Donger

• Rep: -63
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2010, 04:12:11 PM »
what are some good internet radio stations?

Kain

• Rep: -4
« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2010, 04:38:11 PM »
i have my own show on UCLA radio, which broadcasts online.  i'll be on from 8-10 pm on mondays starting january

spool of cord

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 47
  • Welcome to another chapter of audio sodemy
« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2010, 09:02:01 PM »
NRP

the local public radio station is the only radio station that offers any real variety. that + no commercials (radio commercials are the worst) make it the only station I listen to.
sanch dont be mad because your wife used to clean my mansion

and................... your still a mark!!!!!

pmatute

« Reply #6 on: December 11, 2010, 09:13:53 PM »

pmatute

« Reply #7 on: December 11, 2010, 09:14:53 PM »
On another note, did anyone hear about Howard Sterns new XM satellite radio deal? 5 year deal. Motherfucker is making 80 mill a year.

Hexagon

« Reply #8 on: December 11, 2010, 09:42:19 PM »
www.kdhx.org    88.1 fm
community radio in St. Louis, MO. has a mess of awesome shows featuring every genre of music/talk/etc. really awesome entity. plus there are shows online from prior days, etc.

tangar

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 64
  • THINK LESS
« Reply #9 on: December 12, 2010, 12:51:44 AM »
I live in the bay so I listen to knbr sports talk a lot cause the dudes are funny even tho I'm a raider and A's fan. 560 am is also amazing because it is conservative talk during the day but plays my favorite show coast to coast am every night. i heard about it on some interview with mj about what websites he checks daily. and once I found the radio show I was hella hooked, I love that kinda stuff. and of course 860 am is the A's station. for me the only fm stations I will listen to are college ones but you gotta catch em at the right times. my favorites are 89.7 mostly super crazy sounds I think its called experimental. I love just tripping out on it or playing it in the car and waiting for peoples reactions. 90.5, 90.1, 103.3 are also rad these college ones play all the normal goods hip hop metal punk indie and whatnot. I'm definitely gonna check what you guys listen to and expand my ish.
Man the long board truck thing killed indy for me. I was willing to set aside the racism, but long boarding, gtfo... - DH

grimcity

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2214
  • computer says no
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #10 on: December 12, 2010, 08:23:54 AM »
I have a relatively long commute to work (long enough so that I'd lose the signal while heading out and have to pick up a different station closer to my destination, and then in reverse on the way home). I got XM about four year ago and it's pretty much all I listen to... America Left talk radio, two of the world new channels, and the 80's channel.

Kain

« Reply #11 on: December 12, 2010, 09:34:30 AM »
for me the only fm stations I will listen to are college ones but you gotta catch em at the right times. my favorites are 89.7 mostly super crazy sounds I think its called experimental. I love just tripping out on it or playing it in the car and waiting for peoples reactions.
hahah i love playing super trippy music in my car whenever i have to drive friends around. and totally agreed on catching college radio at the right time, half of our station's shows are pop-punk/indie crap

c. 1995

• Rep: 31
« Reply #12 on: December 12, 2010, 09:36:51 AM »

tangar

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 64
  • THINK LESS
« Reply #13 on: December 12, 2010, 12:08:34 PM »
Expand Quote
for me the only fm stations I will listen to are college ones but you gotta catch em at the right times. my favorites are 89.7 mostly super crazy sounds I think its called experimental. I love just tripping out on it or playing it in the car and waiting for peoples reactions.
[close]
hahah i love playing super trippy music in my car whenever i have to drive friends around. and totally agreed on catching college radio at the right time, half of our station's shows are pop-punk/indie crap

whats your ucla show all about? what kinda music? or is it talk? and what's the website I'd like to check it out when it starts.
Man the long board truck thing killed indy for me. I was willing to set aside the racism, but long boarding, gtfo... - DH

Beeda Weeda

« Reply #14 on: December 12, 2010, 12:12:36 PM »
AM Jim Rome, or local news talk
howard stern before he went to satalite.

Kain

« Reply #15 on: December 13, 2010, 01:01:53 PM »
whats your ucla show all about? what kinda music? or is it talk? and what's the website I'd like to check it out when it starts.
i play electronic / IDM / ambient and psychedelic stuff and my friend does more trancey-electro, and she does the second half of the 2 hour timeslot we have. uclaradio.com is our site and click "Listen Live" at the top middle and it'll play through your itunes, or whatever music player you have. we occasionally talk about other stuff between sets of songs, but it's definitely not a talk show
thanks for your interest! hope you're down with underground electronic-type music
« Last Edit: December 13, 2010, 01:05:44 PM by Kain »