Author Topic: Defects Thread  (Read 11935 times)

Nth syd bear

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 302
Re: Defects Thread
« Reply #60 on: February 12, 2019, 01:29:42 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Yeah I guess I could. I'll shoot em an email and see what they say. I've tried to email them before about some axle slipped indys a couple times a while back but no one ever replied. It's almost as if they purposely avoid complaint/product return emails just so they don't have to ship out free trucks.
[close]

Haha, me and a friend of mine have both had this happen. You are not alone.
[close]
Yeah ive  had defective spitfires that i got replaced with zero problems through emails with dlx, but when it comes to indy they just never reply to their emails. I've had numerous friends that have faced the same problem too.
a dude sold me some fake indy’s On eBay
 I got a full refund and got to keep the trucks.
 The seller was very happy to refund I got the feeling he didn’t want me kicking up a fuss about selling fake shit.

Anyway I emailed nhs with photos like yo homeboy is selling counterfeit trucks
No reply

woodinbrine

• Rep: 13
  • ᛐᛅᚢᛐᛁᚾ ᛙᛁᚴ ᚠᚱᛁᛅ
« Reply #61 on: February 12, 2019, 04:24:17 AM »
Not a big deal, but the graphics on this Girl board I’ve been skating just started flaking off in huge chunks before even being exposed to a single slide.

Diocletian

« Reply #62 on: February 12, 2019, 06:13:12 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Yeah I guess I could. I'll shoot em an email and see what they say. I've tried to email them before about some axle slipped indys a couple times a while back but no one ever replied. It's almost as if they purposely avoid complaint/product return emails just so they don't have to ship out free trucks.
[close]

[close]
Yeah ive  had defective spitfires that i got replaced with zero problems through emails with dlx, but when it comes to indy they just never reply to their emails. I've had numerous friends that have faced the same problem too.
[close]
 The seller was very happy to refund I got the feeling he didn’t want me kicking up a fuss about selling fake shit.

No reply

Could you post the pics? I’ve never heard of counterfeit trucks that’s wild.

Firebert

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 230
    • Instagram avatar image
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #63 on: February 12, 2019, 06:57:04 AM »
Emerica - right shoes fitting much tighter than left shoes - (not only me, read amazon reviews saying the same thing - and my friends who have the same size agree.)

Had to return more than 50% of the shoes I bought last year.

Also, decided to try some Titanium Indys, but the axle slipped within a couple months (warranty dept. is solid there though so props to that.)
« Last Edit: February 12, 2019, 07:06:54 AM by Firebert »

SteveStuart

• Rep: 3
« Reply #64 on: February 12, 2019, 07:42:44 AM »
+1 for not making a useless thread
-1 for bumping a 9 year old one

If it were me I'd just ride it, I've heard Jim T is good when it comes to dealing with defective boards but idk if that extends to krooked

Ya I didn't realize the thread was so old, debated on whether to start a new one or not, oh well...

I'm not so concerned with returning the board to dlx or anything, was more just wondering if I should be concerned about it or how this even happens when pressing a board.

SteveStuart

• Rep: 3
« Reply #65 on: February 12, 2019, 07:45:28 AM »
There are no signs of the indentation on the bottom of the deck

so it must just be the top couple or few plies if anything

Technique

« Reply #66 on: February 12, 2019, 11:54:01 AM »
Not a big deal, but the graphics on this Girl board I’ve been skating just started flaking off in huge chunks before even being exposed to a single slide.
Hell yeah #heattransferprinting

calvinsdream

« Reply #67 on: February 12, 2019, 01:20:24 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
[close]

No reply

From an ebay seller, it's likely he gave you a refund because most eBay policies side heavily with the buyer.

Nth syd bear

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #68 on: February 12, 2019, 10:27:07 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
[close]

No reply
[close]

Could you post the pics? I’ve never heard of counterfeit trucks that’s wild.
here you fake indy’s

Diocletian

« Reply #69 on: February 13, 2019, 04:25:12 AM »
Pretty sure those are just stage 10’s

Nth syd bear

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #70 on: February 13, 2019, 04:58:01 AM »
Doubt it.. they got like plastic bushings black hollow kingpins and axle no stamp on the bottom of the baseplate except USA

I Wish they were tens’s

jwdharris

• Rep: -4
    • www.vimeo.com/jwdharris avatar image
« Reply #71 on: February 13, 2019, 08:52:37 AM »
Bought a pair of the Ronnie Creager éS Contract, noticed yesterday that the left shoe has the panelling of the right shoe on the toe.

Obviously doesn’t affect the performance of the shoe at all, thought it was a funny quirk.

Nate.Dog

• Rep: -9
« Reply #72 on: February 13, 2019, 10:40:07 AM »
Emerica - right shoes fitting much tighter than left shoes - (not only me, read amazon reviews saying the same thing - and my friends who have the same size agree.)

Had to return more than 50% of the shoes I bought last year.

Also, decided to try some Titanium Indys, but the axle slipped within a couple months (warranty dept. is solid there though so props to that.)

I mean you realize your feet are probably just different sizes right? That’s much more likely than the molds and patterns being shaped differently between right and left...

CoMpLeMenTs4Uonlysometime

« Reply #73 on: February 13, 2019, 11:40:24 AM »
This was, lemme tell you, some straight up fuck shit from generator when fully mentally accounted for (pardon my cigrits.) Just sendin it with the wood filler over at BBS nowadays I guess. Oh Timmy doesn't like his concave? Try some WOOD FILLER TIMMY you little bitch.

CoMpLeMenTs4Uonlysometime

« Reply #74 on: February 13, 2019, 11:42:35 AM »
Oh and fuck Nick Tucker too while I'm at it. He's wood filler.

Firebert

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 230
    • Instagram avatar image
« Reply #75 on: February 13, 2019, 12:04:39 PM »
Doubt it.. they got like plastic bushings black hollow kingpins and axle no stamp on the bottom of the baseplate except USA

I Wish they were tens’s
Any stage of Indy will have a taper towards the ends of the hanger as well - dead giveaway to see the "straight chopped off barrel" edges.

Technique

« Reply #76 on: February 13, 2019, 12:52:58 PM »
Def got a Polar board before that broke after like 30 mins of skating. Posted it on a story and angry Pontus started calling me all kinds of names.

Nth syd bear

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #77 on: February 13, 2019, 11:00:07 PM »
Expand Quote

I Wish they were tens’s
[close]
Any stage of Indy will have a taper towards the ends of the hanger as well - dead giveaway to see the "straight chopped off barrel" edges.
definitely in agreement there. I was quite surprised never heard of fake trucks
Before..

venture5.8

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Rep: 10
« Reply #78 on: February 14, 2019, 05:32:33 AM »
This was, lemme tell you, some straight up fuck shit from generator when fully mentally accounted for (pardon my cigrits.) Just sendin it with the wood filler over at BBS nowadays I guess. Oh Timmy doesn't like his concave? Try some WOOD FILLER TIMMY you little bitch.

my friend got a krooked board a couple of weeks ago and it had wood filler on it too

Krooked antihero

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 158
« Reply #79 on: February 14, 2019, 05:42:18 AM »
Bought a pair of the Ronnie Creager éS Contract, noticed yesterday that the left shoe has the panelling of the right shoe on the toe.

Obviously doesn’t affect the performance of the shoe at all, thought it was a funny quirk.
Many years ago my friend bought a pair of lakai’s that had dvs tags inside😂
europe's like the capitol of england and france and whatever

It sucks getting old.

chiefqueef420

• Rep: -6
« Reply #80 on: February 14, 2019, 09:27:24 AM »
Ace 44's, axle has a weird warp in it, wheel doesn't slide on smooth but once it's on it doesn't seem to be too big of a problem. It falls under the Ace warranty but I would have to send the truck back, and I don't have any spare trucks. It might take months to get a truck shipped, I'll just deal with a wonky wheel.
i pop my shields and sprinkle some sand in there. i want to make sure i approach that ledge as slow as possible so i dont slip out on my 5050s

Little Debbie

« Reply #81 on: February 14, 2019, 09:38:13 AM »
There are no signs of the indentation on the bottom of the deck

so it must just be the top couple or few plies if anything
I would hit up DLX about that, i would call that board structurally compromised based on where the missing material is, probably going to get pressure cracks sooner

Ziad

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -103
    • bouklao.com avatar image
« Reply #82 on: February 16, 2019, 01:33:08 PM »
Had two pairs of Fallens back in the day both had the out soles come off like they weren't properly glued

BoxStuffer

• Rep: 114
« Reply #83 on: February 16, 2019, 02:47:57 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

I had two pairs of Lakai Carroll 4s that had DVS tags inside.  I feel like DVS/Lakai were out of the same distributor at the time.
Enjoy your life.

Allen.

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 718
    • Cigarettes for Cardio avatar image
« Reply #84 on: February 16, 2019, 03:06:21 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]

I had two pairs of Lakai Carroll 4s that had DVS tags inside.  I feel like DVS/Lakai were out of the same distributor at the time.

Podium Distribution.
For someone w.no signature ur awfully hostile, & that is why I do this

tony volume

• Rep: -13
« Reply #85 on: February 16, 2019, 05:16:17 PM »
I’ve had a few, no big deal.

2008- I had a Toy Machine josh Harmony guitar board, was warped and a bit delaminated. My shop replaced it the next day with a Foundation board.

2018- bought a Hockey board from a Vans store in Texas, had a nasty bulge on the side of it and ended up giving it away to a kid who was skating a fucked up board who needed it. I had 2 extra completes on my Ship. I’m a Merchant Mariner (Sailor) who can afford to help a grom with a lightly used board.

johnes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -238
« Reply #86 on: April 18, 2019, 05:46:15 AM »
I got the $90 bones ceramic reds (during that big chuting  star sale)
But within the first 3 days, 4 of the bearings locked up completely.
I had only skated on clean skatepark cement.
Really strange, I removed the bearings and took off the shields to see what’s up and the inside of the bearing still looked completely clean/brand new.
Idk if maybe they did not have speed cream In them or what.
Those first sessions with them, wow they were amazing.
I felt like I was gonna slip out all the time because of how fast and smooth they moved.

I emailed bones about it and they just suggested I clean them in their cleaning kit with acetone.
I was like, uhhhh they are perfectly clean lol.

I put a single drop of speed cream In them and they started spinning smoothly again but haven’t really gone back to that initial amazing-ness.

So if you’re thinking of buying these/ just get bones Swiss 6; they are only $4 more than regular Swiss and they fucking rule.
Especially for not losing speed while doing lines.

Bones said It was def not an issue of manufacture defect but idk.
Anyone skate the ceramic Reds before?
I’m a fat Siamese cat.

TwisT

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1073
« Reply #87 on: April 18, 2019, 06:20:42 AM »
Lakai Jericho, That lakai lakaitning sole fell off. It was ok, I got another free pair from them though.

whats this like right after fully flared? This happened to a ton Lakai's I bought in that era.

also Es in like 2005. I had so accelerates, accels and accel plus's the sole would bubble up, and swell to some weird buldge.

Also in like 2008-9 the accel square ones. Bottoms just feel the fuck off. Happened to my friend before he even skated his...

These experiences pushed me toward converse which I was hyped on for a while weird how es is still one of my favorites again.

johnes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -238
« Reply #88 on: April 18, 2019, 06:55:42 AM »
Expand Quote
Lakai Jericho, That lakai lakaitning sole fell off. It was ok, I got another free pair from them though.
[close]

whats this like right after fully flared? This happened to a ton Lakai's I bought in that era.

also Es in like 2005. I had so accelerates, accels and accel plus's the sole would bubble up, and swell to some weird buldge.

Also in like 2008-9 the accel square ones. Bottoms just feel the fuck off. Happened to my friend before he even skated his...

These experiences pushed me toward converse which I was hyped on for a while weird how es is still one of my favorites again.
I bought 2 pair of those accelerates when they first came out and ended up throwing both pair away because of that sole defect.
I wonder if anyone got replacements when that happened?
I never looked into contacting eS about it but I wish I had.
Tbh I’ve bought tons of eS and they ducking still owe me money for that shit.
Like $140 prolly
I’m a fat Siamese cat.

cosmicgypsies

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 626
« Reply #89 on: April 18, 2019, 07:09:35 AM »

left a bad taste in my mouth regarding OJ